3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When did problems first occur? Symptons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When did problems first occur? Symptons?

After reading many complaints about memory loss & vibration noise problems, I felt I was quite lucky not to experience any, I even started a thread to poll those that did not experience any problems (got quite a few responses). Well, just experienced memory lost for the 1st time last week, after 4000 + miles. First it was setting # 1, after resetting, it worked. Then today, my wife tried setting #2, it was not working, but memory 1 still works (pushing switch 1). After resetting #2, both still work, for now.

Also, intermitten noise problems started after about 3000+ miles, around glove compartment, front of steering wheel etc.

I have an early build (#1423) & I'm interested to hear from those with similar problems. When did you first experience the problem(s)? Similar symptons? Did dealer fix problem(s)? Appreciate anyone to share their experiences. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Cruisin'

i have a 3600 build and the problems were immediate. the main issue is the vibration. i have significant noise at 55+. this appears to b related to engine noise and tire noise. also note a clear vibration when running the engine in N or P at around 1900-2100rpm.
i have a meeting with acura field rep today, i am going to insist that it be repaired. if a fix is in for later cars then i want a latter build. finally, i am annoyed that it is requiring so much of time.

i have always maintained that you should never buy ver 1.0 of a model. in fact, i never have done that until now. guess i should have taken my own advice!

the ball really is in acura's court. a swing and a miss will be unacceptable!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:03 AM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by 2004tlinNY1
i have a 3600 build and the problems were immediate. the main issue is the vibration. i have significant noise at 55+. this appears to b related to engine noise and tire noise. also note a clear vibration when running the engine in N or P at around 1900-2100rpm.
i have a meeting with acura field rep today, i am going to insist that it be repaired. if a fix is in for later cars then i want a latter build. finally, i am annoyed that it is requiring so much of time.

i have always maintained that you should never buy ver 1.0 of a model. in fact, i never have done that until now. guess i should have taken my own advice!

the ball really is in acura's court. a swing and a miss will be unacceptable!
2004tlinNY - keep us posted and good luck today!!!!

jshih57 - I also have an early build, mid 1,000. Problems were within first days for vibration and rattles. Memory seat thing was later, about 3 weeks or so. Mine comes and goes, even if I do not reset it, the light pops back on eventually.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: When did problems first occur? Symptons?

My seat memory lost began with the road trips on my 3rd week, at 1200 miles. In two contiguouse days, I lost my memory three times. Since that day, I have lost at least 20 times. Actually, I'm using the valet parking key, and no more problem.

If I use either #1 or #2 fob to open the door or trunk, without moving my chair or hitting the memory seat buttons, my memory is defintely gone after hours, thus my next return to the car will have memory lost situation. My 04TL doesn't like any key fobs to touch her.

My stupid dealer first said they never heard of this issue while I reported to them in the end of November. 3 weeks later until the second customer reporting them the same issue and they made a few calls to ask Acura engineers, the service manager said to me that they have been aware of this problem now. Of course there is no cure for this issue yet.

Tons of rattle issues, but my stupid dealer cannot fix any of them, I have to DIY.

Lucky to me, no vibration issue, only the subtle vibration from the engine or tranny.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never!!
I thought I had the seat memory thing but I was WRONG!. Last night I sat down and read the manual carefully. The memory function will only work with the car in neutral AND the E-brake on (6-speed)!! If operated in that manner it always works!. As you can see the moaning and groaning can make you think you have a problem when you actually don't. Classic self fulfilling prophecy phenomenon. I would bet money that many (not all) of the guys reporting the vibration problem are "detecting" a road surface problem magnified by the "Harmonic Vibration Boogeyman". I feel the flames comming!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Racer

vtechbrain

This sounds like critical information. Neutral and e-brake for 6MT. Sounds somewhat reasonable. Any mention for 5AT? Park, I would assume would be sufficient?

However, how about using the fob? It doesn't make sense that the 6mt has to be in neutral and e-braked for it to work. When I park a manual, I often put it in Reverse or first with the e-brake on. Hmm

Otherwise, when I approach the car, I'll never be able to use the fob to change settings. (or I'll have to learn to leave it in neutral when I park).

Hope everyone reads and trys this.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fob always works as long as the car has been previously locked. Just noticed that If the car is not in neutral with the ebrake on the memmory light goes off. Give it a try. Put the car in neutral and pull the Ebrake up and down. Cool isn't it??