3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would make these forums better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
And yet another thread heads down that path...

1) I have to admit, sometimes these little personal diatribes are amusing, but eventually, they end up being the same old of 3rd grade put downs and insults. If we (that's WE, as in the USERS) could attempt to act like adults more often (not even asking for all the time), that would be nice.

2) Alphabetical listing of smilies...wonderful idea!

3) Let users search more than once every 60 seconds. I know why this exists, but lets be realistic here, very few people actually search. Allowing those that do the ability to search a new string if the first doesn't work out more quickly would be a big help.

That's it...a pretty frivolous list in the grand scheme of things, but more realistic than "AZ should host my webpage, 1k pics, and video clips". I would also like to say I think the admins and mods do a wonderful job keeping this place in order...closing the 568th thread on the HP change in 06 for the TL is a good thing...handing out vacations to those who only can post strings of profanity directed towards other users is also a good thing.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
OK, everybody, this started out as an honest effort to see how this forum could be improved and quickly degraded into a criticism of the forum and its members and moderators. Fueled of course by a few dissenters who must do this for a living.

As said above, and repeated here because it is a fact, this is a free forum. The administrators have vowed that they will never charge for membership, and will limit the amount of advertising that appears on the pages.

By doing this, their options are limited. We would love to be able to do some of the things that have been suggested, and some that we know of that haven't been suggested, but it is just not possible with the capital available.

Yes, you have to log in to each of the various divisions of forums. We moderators don't like this either because we no longer have the capability of moving threads to other forum segments, but we live with it.

We also strive to allow the utmost latitude in our posts. As long as there is no blatant obscenity or ethnic comments, we let the threads go as far as we can. We don't censor the occasional f**k but we do censor NWS (Not Work Safe) content because who wants their boss to walk by when they click on a post and who knows what shows up.

Yes, people get flamed for asking simple questions or for reposts, but there is only a small segment that does the flaming. Would you have us ban those people or publicly discipline them? We ask that people refrain from flaming but it will continue, and when we see one person continually doing this we politely ask them to stop.

We move threads so that similar topics are grouped together for easy access and reference. We lock threads because some threads have clearly outlived their usefullness or gone beyond the boundaries of good forum topics. Without control we could have threads surfacing that are of little or no interest and waste the time of the people trying to read the threads and gather useful information. Don't you all hate the guy (or gal) who reopens a five page, three year old thread with some unrelated comment?

So if you can contribute something useful, feel free to post your comments. Negative comments can be useful also, as long as it is constructive criticism.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, there should be an image hosting/member gallery/larger PM box possibility for members who would be willing to pay a monthly or annual fee. I don't know how many members would actually be interested in that, but i know I would. I think it could help AZ financialy, while providing serious members interesting features.

Let's say a member pays 40$ for a year... he gets:

- image hosting
- member gallery (pics/specs of his car)
- larger PM box
- email @ acurazine.com (possible?)
- 1 or 2 acurazine decals
- extra smileys (that would be cool )

What do you guys think?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron A
Sorry I'm late but lunch got ready so I had to go eat.

I was working on you and now I'm done. See you in your next reincarnation, but I don't know why you keep coming back to a forum where you are not wanted and not appreciated.

again

Pretty simple, I dont seek appreciation and want from a message board. I couldnt give a rat's ass if you like me or dont. What I do care about (marginally) is the fact that some of you get off on moderating a message board. While I realize that most people cant have success in life, I dont see moderation as a mitigating option.

I'd love to get the "working on" part. Next time I'm at the house in Tampa I should invite you over to "work on me." Thanks for the laugh you stooge.

Dont take it so personally that Acura cut too many corners, the fact remains they still make relatively above average vehicles, the world is not over.

What is sad is that my 05 TL is sitting in the garage with the vette because I dont want to drive it and listen to rattles. Instead I'm driving a JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE that is 6 years old.

That doesnt bid well for my particular Acura.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Ron,
I think you guys are doing a great job. I especially enjoyed the way you just handled that annoying b*tch Steele and with class As far as improvement - I would say something needs to be done about Search.

I recently went to the Garage to look for the Cabin Filter DIY and I kinda liked the way it was "Indexed". Maybe there is a way to better categorize the info/threads here. I know we have sub-forums, but maybe inside each subforum, there would be an index of some sort. Or, since I know people often start their thread in wrong place - maybe there could be a drop down box here in the "Reply to thread" window where I am typing this message right now that allows me to selelct a listed topic before I click Submit. That would force me to categorize my question or comment, perhaps less work for mods to move or close threads. The hard part about that is you would have to drill down to find stuff when reading threads. So maybe you could have threads appear in a main forum for a few days, then they would get filed to the appropriate sub category based on what the user seelcted as the topic.

Someone mentioned realtime chat - that would be cool and allow for users to talk rather than long thread chains.

Overall I think the Navigation of the site is good, it is a organized env, without too much trash and useless info.

I dunno - just some thoughts.

Oh a spell checker would be HUGE!

I will give this some more thought....

OK, everybody, this started out as an honest effort to see how this forum could be improved and quickly degraded into a criticism of the forum and its members and moderators. Fueled of course by a few dissenters who must do this for a living.

As said above, and repeated here because it is a fact, this is a free forum. The administrators have vowed that they will never charge for membership, and will limit the amount of advertising that appears on the pages.

By doing this, their options are limited. We would love to be able to do some of the things that have been suggested, and some that we know of that haven't been suggested, but it is just not possible with the capital available.

Yes, you have to log in to each of the various divisions of forums. We moderators don't like this either because we no longer have the capability of moving threads to other forum segments, but we live with it.

We also strive to allow the utmost latitude in our posts. As long as there is no blatant obscenity or ethnic comments, we let the threads go as far as we can. We don't censor the occasional f**k but we do censor NWS (Not Work Safe) content because who wants their boss to walk by when they click on a post and who knows what shows up.

Yes, people get flamed for asking simple questions or for reposts, but there is only a small segment that does the flaming. Would you have us ban those people or publicly discipline them? We ask that people refrain from flaming but it will continue, and when we see one person continually doing this we politely ask them to stop.

We move threads so that similar topics are grouped together for easy access and reference. We lock threads because some threads have clearly outlived their usefullness or gone beyond the boundaries of good forum topics. Without control we could have threads surfacing that are of little or no interest and waste the time of the people trying to read the threads and gather useful information. Don't you all hate the guy (or gal) who reopens a five page, three year old thread with some unrelated comment?

So if you can contribute something useful, feel free to post your comments. Negative comments can be useful also, as long as it is constructive criticism.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TBone2004
Ron,
I think you guys are doing a great job. I especially enjoyed the way you just handled that annoying b*tch Steele and with class As far as improvement - I would say something needs to be done about Search.

I recently went to the Garage to look for the Cabin Filter DIY and I kinda liked the way it was "Indexed". Maybe there is a way to better categorize the info/threads here. I know we have sub-forums, but maybe inside each subforum, there would be an index of some sort. Or, since I know people often start their thread in wrong place - maybe there could be a drop down box here in the "Reply to thread" window where I am typing this message right now that allows me to selelct a listed topic before I click Submit. That would force me to categorize my question or comment, perhaps less work for mods to move or close threads. The hard part about that is you would have to drill down to find stuff when reading threads. So maybe you could have threads appear in a main forum for a few days, then they would get filed to the appropriate sub category based on what the user seelcted as the topic.

Someone mentioned realtime chat - that would be cool and allow for users to talk rather than long thread chains.

Overall I think the Navigation of the site is good, it is a organized env, without too much trash and useless info.

I dunno - just some thoughts.

Oh a spell checker would be HUGE!

I will give this some more thought....
You're real tough all the way in New Jersey. Bad ass.

Now if you dont like what I say because it's annoying, fine. However if you dont like what I say because I criticize Acura, too bad.

They should not have put the car out with so many small issues. More importantly, they should be ABLE TO FIX THEM.

What I want is not to trade my car in or get something else, I want my TL to not rattle, not have a horrendous vibration. Heck I'll deal with dash fade, even though it's bullshit. Just fix most of the issues. Acura hasnt been able to, yet. Tonight is a hopeful night, it goes to another dealership under the guise of ACS. (fingers crossed)
Old 11-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Listen up bitch.

Sure there are problems with this car and EVERY car. Just like People are not perfect, new houses are not perfect and neither is the Acura TL. But to carry on and make an ass out of yourself is not the way to go about it. My buddy just bought a new house - not like a mansion, but it did set him back just under 900k. He moved in and one of the door knobs to one of the bedrooms was all broken - he did not notice it on walk through. Now did he run around saying I paid 900k for this house - this is BS! This builder is BS! This house is BS! Let me go bitch on a free website! No he got it resolved, it was not a big deal. Yes, I agree that i was not expecting my tranny to get recalled or my headliner to sag etc. etc. But you know what - shit happens. if it is serious shit then take action, but if it is a headliner sag - friggin grow up - emphasis on the grow up part - and get it fixed or get your own hands dirty and fix it yourself. But either way - get over it. Your friends and family will thank you for it. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Working on your approach to things may help. Look at how you started your message to me - someone you have never met - all aggressive and un-called for. Did I write back saying come on asshole lets meet - I'll fight you - no. It is called maturity. You have made yourself look like an ass - that is not my opinion, that is a fact. You have all but been banned from this site - WTF man - do you see you have a problem?

Move on - sell the car if you are that unhappy. You have the ultimate say in what happens - sell it. Just like a bad investment or mutual fund etc - if you are unhappy - dump it - does no good bitching about it. Just gonna give yourself a heartattack or something - it ain't worth it man. If you are TRULY that miserable in your car - sell it. Cut your losses and move on to what you perceive as a superior vehicle. Apparently Acura has failed you. I am very happy with both my Acuras. But I am not getting on here saying you're whacked or outta your mind cuz you don't like it - the car is perfect or its all you....no, everyone has their buttons and peeves....you just gotta find the right combo you can live with and move on. No car, spouse, pet, house, job will ever be 100% perfect. I hope you find what you are looking for. NOW, having said that I will be really pissed if I wasted all this time typing and you have already been kicked off this site (again) and you will not read my reply. LOL

Good luck finding your dream ride.

Originally Posted by AcuraFan23
You're real tough all the way in New Jersey. Bad ass.

Now if you dont like what I say because it's annoying, fine. However if you dont like what I say because I criticize Acura, too bad.

They should not have put the car out with so many small issues. More importantly, they should be ABLE TO FIX THEM.

What I want is not to trade my car in or get something else, I want my TL to not rattle, not have a horrendous vibration. Heck I'll deal with dash fade, even though it's bullshit. Just fix most of the issues. Acura hasnt been able to, yet. Tonight is a hopeful night, it goes to another dealership under the guise of ACS. (fingers crossed)
Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
2005 TL

What would make this site better??

That's easy!!

Free RonJon bodykits for all members!!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Banned

Listen up bitch.

Sure there are problems with this car and EVERY car. Just like People are not perfect, new houses are not perfect and neither is the Acura TL. But to carry on and make an ass out of yourself is not the way to go about it. My buddy just bought a new house - not like a mansion, but it did set him back just under 900k. He moved in and one of the door knobs to one of the bedrooms was all broken - he did not notice it on walk through. Now did he run around saying I paid 900k for this house - this is BS! This builder is BS! This house is BS! Let me go bitch on a free website! No he got it resolved, it was not a big deal. Yes, I agree that i was not expecting my tranny to get recalled or my headliner to sag etc. etc. But you know what - shit happens. if it is serious shit then take action, but if it is a headliner sag - friggin grow up - emphasis on the grow up part - and get it fixed or get your own hands dirty and fix it yourself. But either way - get over it. Your friends and family will thank you for it. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Working on your approach to things may help. Look at how you started your message to me - someone you have never met - all aggressive and un-called for. Did I write back saying come on asshole lets meet - I'll fight you - no. It is called maturity. You have made yourself look like an ass - that is not my opinion, that is a fact. You have all but been banned from this site - WTF man - do you see you have a problem?

Move on - sell the car if you are that unhappy. You have the ultimate say in what happens - sell it. Just like a bad investment or mutual fund etc - if you are unhappy - dump it - does no good bitching about it. Just gonna give yourself a heartattack or something - it ain't worth it man. If you are TRULY that miserable in your car - sell it. Cut your losses and move on to what you perceive as a superior vehicle. Apparently Acura has failed you. I am very happy with both my Acuras. But I am not getting on here saying you're whacked or outta your mind cuz you don't like it - the car is perfect or its all you....no, everyone has their buttons and peeves....you just gotta find the right combo you can live with and move on. No car, spouse, pet, house, job will ever be 100% perfect. I hope you find what you are looking for. NOW, having said that I will be really pissed if I wasted all this time typing and you have already been kicked off this site (again) and you will not read my reply. LOL

Good luck finding your dream ride.

What a bullshit comparison.

When you buy a new home you get to create a check list of your issues, they get fixed under warranty of habitability. You dont get that luxury with a car, and the fact is if the house had continual problems after the "walk through" check list bullshit, he'd still have recourse.

If you actually read what I wrote your entirely longwinded witless banter would have been much shorter. I dont want to get rid of the car, I want the small problems to be fixed.

As for dream cars, this is one of FOUR of mine. It has more problems than two jeeps and a corvette. Tell me that isnt unusual.

I repeat, I LOVE THE STYLING and THE FEATURES of the TL. I just want it fixed. Acura has thus far been incapable of fixing it.

Look at how you started your message to me - someone you have never met - all aggressive and un-called for. Did I write back saying come on asshole lets meet - I'll fight you - no
Really? You got the response because your original post had "that bitch steel," in it. You want to tell me I started the insults? Get a fucking clue and then preach. I didnt know you even existed on this site until I read your crafty "you guys handled that bitch steel," crap, so stick it up your ass.

As for the house, again, on a per capita basis if he had the equivalent of complaints he would bitch about the builder, period. Moreover the issue with a home is considered NORMALCY for that segment, that is why you get walk throughs and check lists. You dont get those with a car, they are not normalcy. Cars have warranty's but that does you no good if they DONT FIX the problems.

Now I'm fine with not slinging insults with you, and god knows I'll get banned momentarily, but dont try to pin that crap on me when you opened your mouth first.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No car, spouse, pet, house, job will ever be 100% perfect.
I was really hoping you would say LAWN in there... because my lawn is freaking perfect (I'm "THAT" anal-lawn guy). Wife, pets, house, job and cars aren't too shabby either ... all hovering near 100% in my book. Gotta be positive or you'll have an early heart-attack!! (speaking in general... not to you T-Bone)

// now if I can only catch that damn deer that keeps eating the apples off my apple trees......
Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
goto Ramblings.
If you find the rules of this site to be too "tight" for your taste, then head over to Bobistheoilguy.com, where the rules to the forums are so tight, they're unbearable.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Team Anthracite Member

oh this is sooo boring - but yet still fun. I have never met such an aggravated little person before. I do not know your hsitory with your car dude - but I got the impression from the warm reception you got from others that you simply bitch too much. If I cared enough I would search for your prior posts and just see what your real problem is with the car. If you have legit problems and they are not being addressed well, then why you bringing it here? - go start with ACS and log the complaint - then work your way upward. Go for Lemon Law. Ain't nobody on this site gonna help you - even if you were nice.

Are you that whacked that you think cause you get something put on a checklist that it gets fixed 100%? Wake up.

I thought you said Dream cars? Then you must have typoed after that and listed Jeep? oh and a Corvette? I guess dreams do come in all sizes.

Just to keep it short for you because I understand you have a hard time keeping still and being patient - since you do not understand my point - your attitude is keeping your car from getting fixed. Get it. You come off as a prick. I bet every dealer you have dealt with you have managed to piss off. Hopefully they have been adding more rattles to your car just to aggravate you even more since it appears so easy to do. Quit bitchin.

Good luck man - keep reaching for those Dreams.

Originally Posted by AcuraFan23
What a bullshit comparison.

When you buy a new home you get to create a check list of your issues, they get fixed under warranty of habitability. You dont get that luxury with a car, and the fact is if the house had continual problems after the "walk through" check list bullshit, he'd still have recourse.

If you actually read what I wrote your entirely longwinded witless banter would have been much shorter. I dont want to get rid of the car, I want the small problems to be fixed.

As for dream cars, this is one of FOUR of mine. It has more problems than two jeeps and a corvette. Tell me that isnt unusual.

I repeat, I LOVE THE STYLING and THE FEATURES of the TL. I just want it fixed. Acura has thus far been incapable of fixing it.

Really? You got the response because your original post had "that bitch steel," in it. You want to tell me I started the insults? Get a fucking clue and then preach. I didnt know you even existed on this site until I read your crafty "you guys handled that bitch steel," crap, so stick it up your ass.

As for the house, again, on a per capita basis if he had the equivalent of complaints he would bitch about the builder, period. Moreover the issue with a home is considered NORMALCY for that segment, that is why you get walk throughs and check lists. You dont get those with a car, they are not normalcy. Cars have warranty's but that does you no good if they DONT FIX the problems.

Now I'm fine with not slinging insults with you, and god knows I'll get banned momentarily, but dont try to pin that crap on me when you opened your mouth first.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Brett, your post made no sense to me what so ever.

You kidding me? You need to have sub-forums. Otherwise there would be no structure to this place. Most threads are locked because there is already one that exists that covers the information. Can you imagine how many "TL hp change?" threads there would be??? This site has rules. There are some threads that need to be started in "car talk" as well. Without us moving and locking threads there would be some many duplicate threads it would be ridiculous. If you have a problem with your car, its not too hard to start your thread in "Problems and Fixes"

It just makes sense.
Well, just my two cents, but the VW vortex has no sub forums, and seems to work
better.
Its not like VW's dont have many problems.....

For some reason, the moderators there dont seem to do anything, and
there is much less nasty things going on there than here.
Maybe its a VW thing.....

Or maybe its an Acura thing....hummmm....

Brett
Old 11-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Advanced

No one can make a perfect website that everyone agrees upon. There will always be something that someone does not like about this website, while others do. I for one like the format. It's not perfect, but it works.

And free RonJon body kits is a bit much...how about we just get a 50% discount?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Brettg
Well, just my two cents, but the VW vortex has no sub forums, and seems to work
better.
Its not like VW's dont have many problems.....

For some reason, the moderators there dont seem to do anything, and
there is much less nasty things going on there than here.
Maybe its a VW thing.....

Or maybe its an Acura thing....hummmm....

Brett
you got me bro. never been there, never wil go there. what I know is that our involvement is necessary to keep this forum on a level that acura owners deserve to see when he or she comes to this site.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Civility. Makes me happy I'm Southern.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Hey Ron. At the risk of being a bit over the top (and perhaps suffering a little flaming of my own), look at it this way. The bad ones will be dead at some point down the road (as a consequence of their actions, some may wish for their early demise). Then they'll have God to contend with.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Hey Ron. At the risk of being a bit over the top (and perhaps suffering a little flaming of my own), look at it this way. The bad ones will be dead at some point down the road (as a consequence of their actions, some may wish for their early demise). Then they'll have God to contend with.
Yeah, but what if they're atheists? Darwinism has a funny way of putting people in their place
Old 11-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Scribesoft
Yeah, but what if they're atheists? Darwinism has a funny way of putting people in their place
Heh, heh.. interesting thought, for sure. I was afraid someone would give me some serious flak after I posted that response, but I was just pointing out a few "things".

Personally, I believe that God had a hand in all of this and I hold these beliefs more for secular reasons than those religious, strange as it seems. Think about it. Of all of the species on this planet, humans are the only ones with serious intelligence. The next most intelligent being (perhaps a chimp or a dolphin) is MUCH closer to an amoeba than to a human being in native intelligence.

Anyway I like your response.. a rather subtle way of saying, "survival of the fittest".
Old 11-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Heh, heh.. interesting thought, for sure. I was afraid someone would give me some serious flak after I posted that response, but I was just pointing out a few "things".

Personally, I believe that God had a hand in all of this and I hold these beliefs more for secular reasons than those religious, strange as it seems. Think about it. Of all of the species on this planet, humans are the only ones with serious intelligence. The next most intelligent being (perhaps a chimp or a dolphin) is MUCH closer to an amoeba than to a human being in native intelligence.

Anyway I like your response.. a rather subtle way of saying, "survival of the fittest".
I should mention that my statement, "more for secular reasons than those religious" is in no way to imply that I am not a religious person.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:20 PM
My Daily Driver

Capability to upload picture attachments to threads. Makes it easier on the member rather than trying to find a place to host. It turns away those who are non tech saavy or those who are just lazy. Everyone loves pictures and the more you have, the more interaction you receive.
agreed. That is why all my picture posts are linked to S2KI. I have my own gallery, and it automatically resizes the pics, just click for full size. in my post, I just click the drop down to select the photo gallery, then pick the picture from that gallery. soo much easier.

Other than that, no complaints from me.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ive read that whole thread and yes, you were challenged. Some members said things they shouldnt have. Ill give you that. But when you drop down to there level you're just as bad IMO.

Example.

He should not have said what he said, I didnt catch till it was too late. But your reply isnt any better.
I understand...I just wanted to say that my time here at ACURAZine was a great experience.

The website has definitely change and I am choosing to leave the group.

It was a great experience and definitely learned a lot...

Thanks to all and more power to the group.....
Old 11-14-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ndx2
Aren't ya expecting a bit too much, all for free?

Tech questions are answered all the time. No one will dedicate their valuable time for free to answer questions about our probems - besides, most of us don't even know how to diagnose it or describe it right.

Is it so hard to go to imageshack.us and just upload a pic or two? Pics cost money to host, and I'm sure the admins will gadly offer you their server space if you would just pay for it. But you don't want to pay for that convenience, do ya?

Oh, sorry about this immature post. I'm just sharing my
You're right, nothing is free! There is a limit to everything. I havent been here long enough to know the business goal of acurazine, and why do you want to limit yourself? Reach high in life bro. Dont settle for halfass stuff. Its not just about asking questions.. think about it.. who do you respect and know in the car upgrade industry? then thinking that person runs their own forum here where you can always ask those type of questions. Sometimes I always read assumptions and maybe's and is that the answer you want when you ask a question? No, you want a solid answer. Other than that, I can see where you are coming from and remember not everyone thinks like you and thats what this is about. To cater to all.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:03 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Lightbulb Acurazine = great board

1 - Hosting pictures on site without having to external link.

2 - All pics should be thumbnail - click to enlarge

3 - Hosting of .PDF files on site and other content related to the thread.

4 - Fee structure - Free for readers and non-posters. If we need to have a fee for users then I am game. Sign me up. Sign ups could lead to more responsible posting and less bans because posters are not anonymous to the board owner, just to each other. Most of us can afford a small subscription fee. Premium membership would include some perks like stickers.

5 - SEARCHES need to be relaxed so that users can search more often therefore be more inclined to search if you remove the wait time between searches. Maybe adjust to 5 seconds between searches.

6 - More sub forums = better orginization even if they lack content

7 - Less stickies. They get in the way of the actual post viewing. How about stickies that go away after a few views. Based on cookies or ....

8 - Some folks need to back off the flames. Although free speech is wanted and should be encouraged as long as it is repectful of others.

9 - Allow the owner (starter) of the thread to CLOSE or lock the thread when he feels it has served the intended purpose.

10 - Allow owner of thread to MOVE posts not pertinent to the thread, to a unwanted folder that is for such a purpose.

11 - Spell check built in. I've posted links to spell checkers that add in to Explorer or Firefox but a "built in" one would be nice.

12 - A sticky folder viewable on each users interface that lists his own posts - I can never seem to find my own posts.

13 - limit sizes of avatars and signatures so that posts contain content not empty space and signatures. This board is great compared to an RSX board.

Thank you for a great board. I can really say Acurazine has been there when I needed it, weather it was to rant and vent, or to look up tech info. I hope my input will help make this a better place to visit.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:33 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1) Picture host.
2) Broader Search engine that requieres no minimum amount of letters.
3) Technical section with an actual Honda Tech as a Moderator.
4) Good vendor or bad vendor sections.
5) Chat section for those online at one time.

that's what I have in other car sites I visit and especially the last one makes for lasting friendships...

6) Automatically show sig, option to "not show" instead of "show"....wait one more an OFF Topic area for those who just want to talk about anything but car talk...
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by Neorick
The website has definitely change and I am choosing to leave the group.
This website hasnt changed one bit. You got mad because some people didnt agree with you. You better be prepared for that when you start a thread. Not everyone is going to agree with your methods.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by HEK
wait one more an OFF Topic area for those who just want to talk about anything but car talk...

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/

Or did you mean off topic in 3RD gen?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
An occasional live chat broadcast with a real acura rep - not like the sales reps you speak to who don't know their own products as well as the members here but a REP from ACURA who can answer questions like - what is coming in 07, the suspension, engine (not what is the HP but more detailed info etc.)

I would have no problem if they filtered the question so we didn't waste time on things like what is the resale value on my 2002 tl or what colors does the 2005 tsx come in - things that can easily be found out from the acura web site or edmunds.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
[QUOTE=HEK]1) Picture host.

I also would like to be able to post pics easier and

2 spell ck.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:41 PM
"Joe Cool"

Very Little Change is Needed

I haven't been a member for very long..but in my opinion the Mods on this site are pretty fair.
They give you warnings and then give you just enough rope to hang yourself.

Advertising....is very minimal, in fact I think you should have a little more.
Maybe you can get more sponsors, for everything from Gear (clothes) to parts and accessories and create a seperate page or link where sponsors can post specials or group buys.
(Remember I'm a rookie...so if this already exist please don't flame me. I am still learning.)

Posting PICS: I am very novice with this threads and posting Pics. But if you go to photobucket.com make your own account and you can load your pics there and host them with that.

Atmosphere is created by the members/guests: Most of the members here..come here to learn about the car ( in my case 3G TL)and share experiences about the car with each other.

Experience: Some members are more experienced than others, and that is helpful to us Rookies or Newbs. Try not to ridicule pther members.
We can learn from what you already know and even get ideas from the examples you set.

Constructive criticism....I don't mind if I post a pic and someone says, "It's ugly, I don't like it"
That's an opinion, I can live with that.
That is why there are others toppings for pizza, other than pepperoni.
We all having different taste.

Can't we all just get along?.....When members come on here and try to destroy others' posts by insulting them and dissing their ride, just cuz they don't like it. That is what messes up this forum.

BTW... I agree with the spell check thing, it would be nice if it is possible.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:51 PM
RED '06 TL

Originally Posted by 1sweetTL
Posting PICS: I am very novice with this threads and posting Pics. But if you go to photobucket.com make your own account and you can load your pics there and host them with that.

Why pics should be hosted here....

1) Acurazine will be able to generate more advertising revenue from the page views increase.

2) There is a mod for vbulletin that lets you click on an icon for any user and see their pics. You can't do that with photocrap.com.

3) Photo places like to spam, so people wont register on them.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by 1sweetTL
Very Little Change is Needed
I don't believe in quoting long posts that are right above what I'm writing, so I just posted the title of your post, which pretty well sums up your post.

And what a great post it is. If everyone who posts here would at least follow the spirit of your post, it would make this a better place to be.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:06 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Or did you mean off topic in 3RD gen?

Our own Off Topic....for those of us 3rd Gen TL owners can just plain talk about the wife, kids, dogs, inlaws...lol anything ...
Old 11-15-2005, 07:16 PM
RED '06 TL

Contests would be nice. A great way for the site to make some extra $$$.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FastJoe
Contests would be nice. A great way for the site to make some extra $$$.
Or a raffle. We all own the same car so you cant go wrong. I would play.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

I don't believe in quoting long posts that are right above what I'm writing, so I just posted the title of your post, which pretty well sums up your post.

And what a great post it is. If everyone who posts here would at least follow the spirit of your post, it would make this a better place to be.

Thanks for the comments.

lol, yeah and if someone is going to quote someones post with a thousand pictures in it, delete the pics so they dont all show up again.....
Old 11-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

This website hasnt changed one bit. You got mad because some people didnt agree with you. You better be prepared for that when you start a thread. Not everyone is going to agree with your methods.

I have no issues with disagreement as you can see on my responses...but c'mon now...what about threats? I share my information and was told that this was stupid? Aww...you think this is ok...? Wat are you going to do about this? Is it ok to use scare tactics? We are not in Middle East and we are not terrorist and isn't that the reason why there are moderators here?

RJ Poseidon 6 is an Acura Mechanic from Florida...you would think that he should know better....His approach is to ridicule and degregate and harrass people. He claims to have a higher IQ.....and likes to call on other members as dumbass and feel that he is not.....but do not call him this because your life will be threatened...go check all his post (I did)

This is what you call a community? This is not good..it actually discourages people to participate. What do you think?

So "Mr Moderator"...put yourself in my shoes and re-read the posting..then tell me How do you feel about the responses? Is it easier just to ban people who are in disagreement with your belief. Or are you saying that Everyone here who post should be prepared to be threatened.....?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Please know that I am still pissed off...I have made contribution to the well being of this site and encouraged people to organize..

I have all the best intention of sharing and being a part of Acurazine because I beleive in helping each other out and sharing results of experiment ..stupid or not.

BAY AREA Group are good people and I have not seen anyone from this side of the country act as if we are untouchables...but the few who chooses to be Bullies are actually causing the most trouble. So then I ask, why not do something about them instead of defending the Bullies?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:37 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

It would also be useful to show the thread creation date beside the thread starters name.

Neorick,
I'd just like to mention that this board is recreational for many of us. So we may post while we are sitting at home nursing ourselves on Jack or whatever. People tend to be less inhibitted and let their anger out and an anonymous media can't prevent that. I've vented a few times myself. I hope you'll stick around because with 1300+ posts you're a big contributor. There are still lots of good folks here even though there's a jerk in every crowd.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:13 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Allowing message edits for greater than 5 minutes would be nice.

Quick Reply: What would make these forums better?