Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would make these forums better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:42 PM
RED '06 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would make these forums better?

A FAQs archive. If anyone has been to the overgrow forums, you know what I'm talking about. Granted, there is a search feature for the forums, but sometimes you just have to lay it out.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Suggestions:

1. Have a specialized Acura person with their own forum where we can ask advanced questions. On the other forums (saltwater hobby) I frequent and Admin at, we use people who have PHD's and are Biologist. This usually stops any speculation that people come up with that they THINK they know.

2. Capability to upload picture attachments to threads. Makes it easier on the member rather than trying to find a place to host. It turns away those who are non tech saavy or those who are just lazy. Everyone loves pictures and the more you have, the more interaction you receive.

3. A friendly atmosphere. Sometimes I have seen some immaturity in posts here and there and that causes those who are more into educating themselves to turn away from posting.

4. Discounts from Popular Vendors/Resellers. I have seen this implemented, but would help if it was kept up quite often in order for the member to keep coming back looking for great deals. The more deals, the better.

Thats all for now. Hope that answered your question of how the forums could be made better from my point of view.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:57 PM
RED '06 TL

Good point... a photo gallery for each member would be cool.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free acura give away

I also really like the idea of member galleries.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Intermediate

member galleries would be great...i mostly come here to look at pics anyways
Old 11-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by invincible569
My Suggestions:

3. A friendly atmosphere. Sometimes I have seen some immaturity in posts here and there and that causes those who are more into educating themselves to turn away from posting.
This is the real issue with Acurazine, one of the reason why most members are not as active. People gets flamed for asking question...stupid or not.

I for one was sharing the result of an experiment that everyone is afraid of doing, and what do I get...stupid comments.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...6&page=1&pp=25
Old 11-14-2005, 12:38 AM
RED '06 TL

Originally Posted by Neorick
I for one was sharing the result of an experiment that everyone is afraid of doing, and what do I get...stupid comments.

I know this thread. Nice experiment.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 AM
B A N N E D

Being in marketing....I might recommed a free AcuraZine.com static decal or two to each member to help promote the site to other Acura drivers and prospective buyers? Not something totally cheezy and huge....but something so you would have the option to represent!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a way to personalize it like the color scheme and font one person sees on there screen would be differant than another also a "MISS AcuraZine" contest or a pic of the month (non photo shoped) you could have a person to pm your vote to and then they talley up the votes and post the pic on the home page and the person could win i do know somekindafunky door prize
Old 11-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Burning Brakes

What bothers me about the acura forums is the many moved or locked threads.

I just dont get it, why not just have one list and let people read what thay want,
or not read what they dont want to?

I dont see any advantage, the VW vortex was nice, you only had
different model cars seperated, and you got to see the problem threads
along with the tire threads, etc, you can read what interests you without having to go some place else....

Maybe we need 2005 wdp 6mt forum with sub forums for problems, tires,
general, audio, etc, for each year and color and transmission...

Or maybe just a rattle sub forum, or a vibration sub forum.

Its quite silly...

Brett
Old 11-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Advanced

On one of the Porsche forums they had special sections wich held the best reference posts on different subjects. Most of them were "how to" with pictures etc.. This really helped separate all the discussion with the real substance.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Brettg

I just dont get it, why not just have one list and let people read what thay want,
Brett, your post made no sense to me what so ever.

You kidding me? You need to have sub-forums. Otherwise there would be no structure to this place. Most threads are locked because there is already one that exists that covers the information. Can you imagine how many "TL hp change?" threads there would be??? This site has rules. There are some threads that need to be started in "car talk" as well. Without us moving and locking threads there would be some many duplicate threads it would be ridiculous. If you have a problem with your car, its not too hard to start your thread in "Problems and Fixes"

It just makes sense.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

I think the mods do a relativly good job of keeping stuff from going too far.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

I'm actually a big fan of the locking/moving of threads here. Keeps the site organized and makes finding specific items easier to find..
Old 11-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Team Anthracite Member

• Is there any way to get the emoticons drop down list to appear in some sort of order - be it alphabetical or something? Very minor, but when trying to emphasize a point it is not easy to locate an appropriate icon.
  • Why do I have to log in again to go to Ramblings?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Banned

This is the real issue with Acurazine, one of the reason why most members are not as active. People gets flamed for asking question...stupid or not.

IMO

Beyond maxima.org, I find this site to be one of the worst with regard to mod/member interaction. The tolerance here is VERY LOW and that makes for bad message board life. The mods are borderline nazi, and frankly I'm sure they think they're keeping it clean, in fact they're keeping it boring. That is why the post number on this site is low and why more people dont hang around.

IMO
Old 11-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crazymjb
I think the mods do a relativly good job of keeping stuff from going too far.
See I think there needs to a 'soft' forum, then people that cant handle debate/argument can go there.

The result of not allowing things to go "further" is the boredom on this site.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Ive read that whole thread and yes, you were challenged. Some members said things they shouldnt have. Ill give you that. But when you drop down to there level you're just as bad IMO.

Example.

So if this thread lowered your IQ why did you bother writing a comment...DUMBASS!!!!
He should not have said what he said, I didnt catch till it was too late. But your reply isnt any better.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by SuperSteel
The result of not allowing things to go "further" is the boredom on this site.
I disagree, I think when insults start to fly theres no more use to the thread. What makes the site entertaining is a good debate. But it always turns into a cat fat and then its ego against ego. Thats when it needs to get shut down.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

IMO

Beyond maxima.org, I find this site to be one of the worst with regard to mod/member interaction. The tolerance here is VERY LOW and that makes for bad message board life. The mods are borderline nazi, and frankly I'm sure they think they're keeping it clean, in fact they're keeping it boring. That is why the post number on this site is low and why more people dont hang around.

IMO
goto Ramblings.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trancemission
I disagree, I think when insults start to fly theres no more use to the thread. What makes the site entertaining is a good debate. But it always turns into a cat fat and then its ego against ego. Thats when it needs to get shut down.
We're both entitled to our opinions, however the fact remains that based on automotive forums this place ranks with the most boring. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:24 AM
6MT & LSD

Sorry, did you expect us to worship you for having done the experiment? The result was in no way documented, and it really wasn't even an experiment - you just went with cheaper gas and told us what it felt like, to you. Of course people will put in their . They didn't come out and say "hey, idiot. don't post about your stupid crap."

You're just bitter because you expected to be praised.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

We're both entitled to our opinions, however the fact remains that based on automotive forums this place ranks with the most boring. Coincidence? I think not.

who said coincidence. I could care less where this place ranks in your mind. we keep it clean and thats what separates us from the rest.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:29 AM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by invincible569
My Suggestions:

1. Have a specialized Acura person with their own forum where we can ask advanced questions. On the other forums (saltwater hobby) I frequent and Admin at, we use people who have PHD's and are Biologist. This usually stops any speculation that people come up with that they THINK they know.

2. Capability to upload picture attachments to threads. Makes it easier on the member rather than trying to find a place to host. It turns away those who are non tech saavy or those who are just lazy. Everyone loves pictures and the more you have, the more interaction you receive.

4. Discounts from Popular Vendors/Resellers. I have seen this implemented, but would help if it was kept up quite often in order for the member to keep coming back looking for great deals. The more deals, the better.

Thats all for now. Hope that answered your question of how the forums could be made better from my point of view.

Aren't ya expecting a bit too much, all for free?

Tech questions are answered all the time. No one will dedicate their valuable time for free to answer questions about our probems - besides, most of us don't even know how to diagnose it or describe it right.

Is it so hard to go to imageshack.us and just upload a pic or two? Pics cost money to host, and I'm sure the admins will gadly offer you their server space if you would just pay for it. But you don't want to pay for that convenience, do ya?

Oh, sorry about this immature post. I'm just sharing my
Old 11-14-2005, 10:30 AM
6MT & LSD

Weren't you banned before? Or did you just change your name from Steel to SuperSteel?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 AM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by Brettg

I dont see any advantage, the VW vortex was nice, you only had
different model cars seperated, and you got to see the problem threads
along with the tire threads, etc, you can read what interests you without having to go some place else....

Maybe we need 2005 wdp 6mt forum with sub forums for problems, tires,
general, audio, etc, for each year and color and transmission...

Or maybe just a rattle sub forum, or a vibration sub forum.

Its quite silly...

Brett

You must have joined after the admins/mods created the Problems & Fixes subforum. The main 3G forum was overrun with "my this and that rattles" "oh my god, i heard a werid noise" "my acura sucks!" etc.. It's no fun sorting through all that crap.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Banned

who said coincidence. I could care less where this place ranks in your mind. we keep it clean and thats what separates us from the rest.
I forgot you're a badass now that you're a moderator.

Congratulations on your lifetime achievement.

This place is good simply because it's associated with the cars we drive, beyond that there is no entertainment value. (EVEN IN RAMBLINGS).
Old 11-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ndx2
Weren't you banned before? Or did you just change your name from Steel to SuperSteel?
Talk to Astroboy about it.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

On one of the Jeep forums I occassionally peruse, they ask for a $25 payment for "Supporter Status" (otherwise you're just a registered user)... they just started a thread which basically stated "pay up or step off". They are already a sponsored site, so that's opened up a can of worms over there.

Hope it doesn't come to that over here. I'm not going to bitch about how the mods manage certain threads that go WAY of topic here. It's a free site and you have to take the good with whatever you consider the bad. Thicker skin would help a lot of people..

There are other forums on the internet dedicated to Acura's and TL's which you can check out if this one doesn't fit your expectations.. Just my
Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

I forgot you're a badass now that you're a moderator.

thank you. thats the nicest thing you've said so far.

they made me a mod for a reason. please, and I mean this, PM any other mod or admin with your issues on this site. I would love to read their responses..

oh yeah, if there is no entertainment value for you then why is it you post here???
Old 11-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
You're right.

Also formerly known as Chicagosteel and 05Aspec

Banned again and thanks for finding this.

To SuperSteel:
Old 11-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron A
You're right.

To SuperSteel:
So you have your tongue up who's ass?

Not my fault your faggot moderator Ken started this whole problem.

Not my fault you guys are so god damn soft that you cant handle a little criticism.

It's PAINFULLY clear that just about none of you have jack shit going on in the real world, because otherwise you wouldnt rule with an iron fist on this forum. It is sad because the platform of this car offers a lot, you guys just offer so little.
(Astroboy as an exception)

By the way, I'd love for any of you to come to a Chicago meet, just let me know so I can tell you my opinion in person.

Enjoy your site, I'll stop by from time to time hoping comptech finishes their performance mods, or when I get the car repurchased from Acura for lack of fit and finish.

It's clear you clowns cant handle some of my posts, sorry you're so soft, pissants are necessary I guess.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

An interactive chat might be the means some members are asking for? Rather than a long thread of he/she said - he/she said rhetoric, an interactive chat would offer immediate 'venting' and the threads could be better utilized for documentation of specific issues.

I would have to agree that the bully posts, name calling and cheesy criticisms need not be here. Sadly it is a common occurance on all forums (some more than others) and internet communications as people use their anonomynity as a shield for common courtesy. I would think some of the mean spirted stuff served up here would never occur in person...or that poster might have the boogers beaten from their schnoz.

I think the mods do the best they can to maintain civility in Romper Room. Keep in mind they too have passion for these cars and might even be defensive for it. I respect that. And still, we are a community. Many members communicate daily through here, PMs and offline. The occaisional amusements are merely a side effect of a community sharing a common topic & bond. I am guilty of being amused, and even feeding some of the the occaisional crash & burn threads.

As in any public forum, there is no pleasing all people all of the time. You have to filter out what appeals to you and what does not. You can criticize, intelligently, fairly and without personal attacks. But when you make your point, move on. Please do not bludgeon us all with your crusade. If you need affirmation of your values in a web board,,,, well me thinks you will remain disappointed.

Perhaps we need a 'mission statement'? Since we all seem to question the value and purpose of the board, a simple concise statement of the intent may better influence the posting content. If it is there, I missed it! But such statement may also take the heat of the mods of Romper Room. A job I KNOW I could never do!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:48 AM
6MT & LSD

You're right.

To SuperSteel:
Sorry Steel. Maybe you can re-register as SuperDuperSteel this time around.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Banned

Sorry Steel. Maybe you can re-register as SuperDuperSteel this time around.
Dont worry about it.

I'll re-register as, "tongue up the ass of the board-moderator."
Old 11-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're right.

To SuperSteel:
You have to wear your lead shield to avoid Ron's XRAY vision!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by 2005Aspec
Dont worry about it.

I'll re-register as, "tongue up the ass of the board-moderator."
and from what I remember you were only banned for three days. all you had to do is tone it down just a bit. but nooooooo, you have to act like a kid.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Banned

and from what I remember you were only banned for three days. all you had to do is tone it down just a bit. but nooooooo, you have to act like a kid.
Oh that's not where it started.

It started when Ken banned my IP because I had a healthy disagreement with A DIFFERENT moderate in the finance section of the site. Ken, who wasnt involved, went and banned me.

As for the last time, that was because my opinion on Acura service was negative, and we all know how everyone here lives in a fantasy land.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

It started when Ken banned my IP because I had a healthy disagreement with A DIFFERENT moderate in the finance section of the site. Ken, who wasnt involved, went and banned me.

As for the last time, that was because my opinion on Acura service was negative, and we all know how everyone here lives in a fantasy land.

look bro, I really didnt have any problem with you at first. I understand the issues you had and I was truely hoping that ACS would take care of you. But yet you keep throwing insults out there. why?? not everyone feels the same way as you about there car. Why do you bring so much anger to this board. Its not fair for you to resent us for not being in the same boat. letting people insult each other on this board is not a way to make it better. You came into this thread to start shit, that was your purpose.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Sorry I'm late but lunch got ready so I had to go eat.

I was working on you and now I'm done. See you in your next reincarnation, but I don't know why you keep coming back to a forum where you are not wanted and not appreciated.

banned and again

Quick Reply: What would make these forums better?