Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are people thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry What are people thinking?

I truly wonder about people sometimes. My gym is very large and has a sizable parking lot. I park extremely far away from the door so I don't get any dings. Usually there are 3 or 4 cars on the row I park in. No one ever parks next to me except for the last two times I have been there.

On Tuesday, I come out and there is an H2 parked next to me. There's like 2 other cars on the row so it's not crowded. I look and no damage. Then yesterday I come out and there's a Camary parked next to me. And not only are they next to me but they backed into the space and got extremely close to me. They are so close that I figure that there is no way the driver could have gotten out of the car and not rested their door against my car. I look and I didn't see any damage.

What are people thinking? There are at least 25 spaces on this row and there are maybe 2 or 3 other cars there. Plenty of room to park without being next to someone. And to take the effort to back up into a space right next to another car when there are tons of other spaces!!

In these situations, I am reminded of a quote my parents always say. "Some people don't have the sense God promised a jackass."
Old 08-25-2006, 09:28 AM
INNOVATION STARTS HERE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why u park in the BACk of the BACk row! You can't park up front of the back row, bcuz then you'll get this problem, you want to stay far away from the entrance, nobody likes to walk.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Wow thanks AMIC, I thought I was the only fanatical crazy-a*s that goes balistic when some half wit (And that's giving them too much credit) parks right tight to my TL when they could have parked in any of the many open spots available. And that's why I park way out in left field and walk what ever I have to walk to avoid the door dings. But sometimes.....

I was parked in front of a barn with like 25 feet on either side of me, the only vehicle there. My daughter's father-inlaw backs the extra cab truck he was driving next to my three month old TL. When he went to leave I was helping him carry out some things. I was standing there when he went to open his driver's door, it swung out and hit the rear wheel well of my car and it took the paint off down to the metal!!! I just walked away because I was in shock!! Of course he completely missed the body side molding which I put on to avoid this. UGH!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:56 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
It is frustrating. I park far away at my gym too and once in a while the same thing happens. I guess they figure you are someone who will not ding their car so they want to be close to you

My gym shares a lot with other businesses. I've figured out who stays late at those businesses and park way out there with them. They are still there after my work out.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Instructor

omg im glad to see that im not the only one who does this...trying to park faraway so that nobody else's car is closeby for any chance of a ding...and yes i always get nervous when ppl park close and open their door
Old 08-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Drifting

my little trick is if i have to park between cars i try to park between 2 nice cars, because i know they will be takin care of their own shit, seems to work pretty damn well. Knock on Wood!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Originally Posted by KOG TL
This is why u park in the BACk of the BACk row! You can't park up front of the back row, bcuz then you'll get this problem, you want to stay far away from the entrance, nobody likes to walk.
I actually was at the very back of the farthest row. That's what is so frustrating about it. The other cars that park on that row usually park at the front.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
#include

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll never cease to be amazed at how the very last row in a parking lot can be absolutely empty until I park there. Within minutes it seems I'll be boxed in by rust buckets. Not only do they pass by all the open spots on the way, they park right beside me.

I feel your pain.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Instructor

When I first got my car, I was pretty anal about where I parked, but once you get the first couple of dings, it really does not matter to me anymore.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Instructor

the people who park next to you do it intentionally. they don't understand why you are doing it and think to themselves "why is that guy parking all the way back there, it's not like he has that nice of a car"....so they park next to you just to piss you off.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Originally Posted by stever627
the people who park next to you do it intentionally. they don't understand why you are doing it and think to themselves "why is that guy parking all the way back there, it's not like he has that nice of a car"....so they park next to you just to piss you off.
I can see this theory...

However I'd feel offended if said asshole didn't think my TL was nice.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:58 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I keyed a Toyota Mini Van for doing the exact same thing to me. I parked at least 15 spaces AWAY from the rest of the cars. Then I come out and see it. I couldn't open my drivers doors to the first stop when the door opens.

This past weekend I parked in the very last spot in the parking lot, a parked so that my passenger side was next to the curb. This leaving me almost a ft or more from the white line on the drivers side (I backed in). When I came out some a'hole in a Chevy Cavalier had back in as well and was right on top of the white leaving it so I couldn't open my door to the first stop gap again.

I put a note in the car via the sunroof, FU this and FU that, do it again you won't be able to drive your car away. If was just me I would have poured the whole liter of water I had in the car via the sunroof.

This person did this shit on purpose, why can't someone respect other people property.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:38 PM
100k miles club

i feel you coz it happens to me too. i don't quite understand the phenomenon. you can't prevent others from parking next to you but what i don't understand is if you must park far just like me, why can't you leave a spot between us?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:18 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I feel everyone's pain here. No matter where I go, I try to park way the hell out of the way from everyone else just for that very same reason. I went to lunch the other day and parked one spot away from the last spot and thought no one would take it since I had parked quite close to the white line. WRONG! I came out and saw a Ford Explorer parked so damn close to my passenger side doors that I had wondered how the hell s/he had gotten out. I inspected the doors and saw no scratches or dings. If there was, I would've keyed his/her car, too.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
when my uncle got his mercedes in 99, he used to park in 2 spots so no one would hit his car by accident.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:48 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I wonder why birds seem to go out of their way to shit on my freshly washed car as well...
I think the answer has something to do with tiny brains and being attracted to shiny objects.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey Now!

Originally Posted by AMIC
"Some people don't have the sense God promised a jackass."

LOL!!!!!!!

People have no respect.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:43 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
when my uncle got his mercedes in 99, he used to park in 2 spots so no one would hit his car by accident.

ahh he is one of those people
Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think ordinary people like to park next to other people's cars (even if there are plenty of open spots around) because it gives them a sense of security that their car is next to some other person's car and not all by itself.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:08 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
I don't understand the reasoning of these drivers either...

Originally Posted by w1n78
i feel you coz it happens to me too. i don't quite understand the phenomenon. you can't prevent others from parking next to you but what i don't understand is if you must park far just like me, why can't you leave a spot between us?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
I park extra far at my gym and the only cars that park next to me are a M5, another TL, IS250, or my sisters S4......
Old 08-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by leedogg
I wonder why birds seem to go out of their way to shit on my freshly washed car as well...
I think the answer has something to do with tiny brains and being attracted to shiny objects.
Amen to that!

I experience this almost daily at my parking structure at work. This is why I have BSMs.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:29 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
I keyed a Toyota Mini Van for doing the exact same thing to me. I parked at least 15 spaces AWAY from the rest of the cars. Then I come out and see it. I couldn't open my drivers doors to the first stop when the door opens.

This past weekend I parked in the very last spot in the parking lot, a parked so that my passenger side was next to the curb. This leaving me almost a ft or more from the white line on the drivers side (I backed in). When I came out some a'hole in a Chevy Cavalier had back in as well and was right on top of the white leaving it so I couldn't open my door to the first stop gap again.

I put a note in the car via the sunroof, FU this and FU that, do it again you won't be able to drive your car away. If was just me I would have poured the whole liter of water I had in the car via the sunroof.

This person did this shit on purpose, why can't someone respect other people property.

I don't think you should be keying any cars that are parked next to you, especially if no damage was done to your car. You need to take a chill pill and go to anger management class. No harm was done to your car so just drive away. Does it make you happy that you leave dirty notes and key other people's cars??? Looks like you are the jerk and not them. Last time I checked we live in America, and we can park anywhere we want to in an open parking lot.....

what comes around, goes around.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by datmrman

Amen to that!

I experience this almost daily at my parking structure at work. This is why I have BSMs.

This is why the double lines with a gap between them are great. It prvents the worst of the worst usually. At my university, if you park over the line, you get a $50 ticket. It seems to have worked. They enforce parking pretty hard there.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by datmrman

Amen to that!

Datmrman has the right idea park next to the curb and hope that the person at least stays in their own space. if all else fails just take up two spots
Old 08-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Advanced

Thank You!

I just wanted to thank all of you participating in this forum (and this thread in particular) for giving me so much information and support. But, in this case, the warm fuzzy feeling goes beyond even these basics... this thread is helping me (much like a psychologist...without the bill!!!) to understand that I am not completely crazy. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! crazy:

I park my car in BFE every chance I get. The way I see it, a "long" walk (0.1 miles) is not going to kill or impair me, and the cost of a door ding is at least $250 if I claim it on insurance, a shitload more (initially) if I don't.

jupitersolo...chill bro. I feel you but a note will suffice.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:00 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Bklyn02TypeS
Datmrman has the right idea park next to the curb and hope that the person at least stays in their own space. if all else fails just take up two spots

You think its ok to take up two spots? Those people piss me off more than the ones that park a little close to me. If you are that afraid to park it ride a bike.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Instructor

My wife used to give me shit for going out of my way when parking to avoid the idiots and this is when I drove a truck. Now that she has a new Honda Fit she seems to be parking in the less populated areas.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by quach
I don't think you should be keying any cars that are parked next to you, especially if no damage was done to your car. You need to take a chill pill and go to anger management class. No harm was done to your car so just drive away. Does it make you happy that you leave dirty notes and key other people's cars??? Looks like you are the jerk and not them. Last time I checked we live in America, and we can park anywhere we want to in an open parking lot.....

Yeah, I agree. The last comment he made about respecting people preperty was funny. Pretty hypocritical especially when no damage was done. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I sense a Keying in his future, or a parking lot fight.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:22 PM
#include

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Grrrrrr

It is NEVER ok to key a car. It doesn't matter what, where, when, or why. Leave a nasty note, report them, sue...whatever else. There are many socially acceptable reactions.

Intentionally damaging someone elses property just can't be justified. It's also a slippery slope mentality. You have decided it's ok to key because something offended you. Using that same mentality it would then be ok for someone to key your car because they don't like the way you look.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:21 PM
2nd Gear

it only a f***in car!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 PM
nnInn

Originally Posted by quach

You live your life they way you want and I'll live my life the I want. You want to call me a jerk it's pretty easy to hide behind a keyboard and call people names with anonymity.

You'll remember what I said the next time you park your car, I bet you don't park close enough so that they can't open the door.

I park away from people so I can get in my car with having to worry about hitting some ones door, at 6' 5" 330lbs I'd like to be able to open my door to get in my car. And if my keys are in my hand when I'm getting in my car and the other car gets scratched so be it.

Just look at the picture datmrman posted. No respect for me I have none you.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:22 PM
One on the right for me

You live your life they way you want and I'll live my life the I want. You want to call me a jerk it's pretty easy to hide behind a keyboard and call people names with anonymity.

You'll remember what I said the next time you park your car, I bet you don't park close enough so that they can't open the door.

I park away from people so I can get in my car with having to worry about hitting some ones door, at 6' 5" 330lbs I'd like to be able to open my door to get in my car. And if my keys are in my hand when I'm getting in my car and the other car gets scratched so be it.

I understand where you are coming from with that, but to key someones car doesnt make any reasonable sense. Assuming there is a ding on your door, how can you be 100 percent sure it came from the car that parked next to you unless you actually saw it happen?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Advanced

Yeah, i'm gonna have to agree with Nykor on the mentality issue. There are some problems here. A guy calls you a jerk for keying a car, when NOTHING was done to yours, and you're threatening him. We don't have to tell you anything to your face, we're on an internet forum. We're all "hiding behind the keyboard" Next time you want to key someone's car, how about you waiting till they come out, and do it in front of them instead of getting in your car and running away. So they just parked close. Yeah sure, they are jerks for doing that too, but nothing out of your pocket, just an inconvenience. That's way over the line and no one would disagree.

The problem with the respect comment is, you threw the first stone. How is anyone going to respect your property when you're out there keying cars? Sure, leave a note, but don't destroy property.

You can live your life the way you want, and we can give our opinions on how wrong it is. Opinions aren't against the law, destruction of propery is.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Instructor

And if my keys are in my hand when I'm getting in my car and the other car gets scratched so be it.
that's just plain dick.

i bet he didn't even key the car, he was just saying to get a rise out of us, then got all offensive when we started to bash him...

it's funny how you conveniently change from flat out keying the car to maybe just banging your keys against it too.

what's the real story? you didn't do a thing except get really mad and peel wheels out of the spot, did you?????
Old 08-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts

The self-absorption is strong in this thread. The world does not revolve around your cars. You park anywhere in a public lot, someone might park next to you.

Mike
Old 08-27-2006, 02:06 PM
nnInn

Originally Posted by stever627
that's just plain dick.

i bet he didn't even key the car, he was just saying to get a rise out of us, then got all offensive when we started to bash him...

it's funny how you conveniently change from flat out keying the car to maybe just banging your keys against it too.

what's the real story? you didn't do a thing except get really mad and peel wheels out of the spot, did you?????
NO, I keyed the Mini Van. Post was true. It was a POS. The other I didn't because it was newer.

Just plain dick, well I got one for you to suck! The animinity of a keyboard once again.

Peel out wheels no, it sounds like something you would do. I can see you standing there like a 12 year girl stomping your feet, like the pussy it appears you are. Just like the scene from the Wedding Crashers.

Just know they are people out their most of you consider assholes the next time you park your car. And if you don't leave enough room for someone to open their door to get into their car, you'll want to check your rear quarter panel when you get back to it.

Respect a man property and a man will respect you. If I can't get in my car because no one respects the spaces giving to you in a parking lot, just remember last paragraph.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:25 PM
6MT & LSD

Wow, so you think it's perfectly ok to intentionally damage others' cars just because they parked a bit too closed to you?

Do you also go after people who cut you off on the road and then kill them?

If the other asshole really did ding your door, then fucking wait there until he/she gets back and/or call the cops.

You don't get to choose to key someone else's car just because you were ticked off from their parking like an ass or you *think* he put a ding on your door.

Your way of thinking is what's making this world a shittier place everyday.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:47 PM
One on the right for me

NO, I keyed the Mini Van. Post was true. It was a POS. The other I didn't because it was newer.

Just plain dick, well I got one for you to suck! The animinity of a keyboard once again.

Peel out wheels no, it sounds like something you would do. I can see you standing there like a 12 year girl stomping your feet, like the pussy it appears you are. Just like the scene from the Wedding Crashers.

Just know they are people out their most of you consider assholes the next time you park your car. And if you don't leave enough room for someone to open their door to get into their car, you'll want to check your rear quarter panel when you get back to it.

Respect a man property and a man will respect you. If I can't get in my car because no one respects the spaces giving to you in a parking lot, just remember last paragraph.
I'd like you to answer wyzard's question. Are you man enough to confront the person?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Instructor

buddy, you've got it all wrong...we aren't the ones that are parking too close, we hate it too, we are just saying that you are a STUPID FUCKING ASSHOLE for intentionally damaging someone elses property.

as for anonomity of the keyboard, PM me and I'll give you my address you little bitch! your 6 ft whatever 300+ fat ass doesn't scare me.

i'd expect nothing less from a redskins fan!

Quick Reply: What are people thinking?