What mods for base tl

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008 | 06:38 AM
Intermediate

What mods for base tl

What do you suggest as the best mods to make, for the money, on a base '08 T.L. (nbp).
Seems most of the mods are done on the S-Type, which is certainly a fabulous looking car, with super performance, although I've yet to see one in person.

I have tinted windows, 20% and was looking at painting the front crome black. I also have splash-guards, and thought perhaps rear spoiler, or that spoiler off the back roof going onto the rear window may be next.

Any ideas, and again, I don't want to spend a ton right now.
This has also been a nice change from my '01 Avalon.
Old 11-23-2008 | 06:46 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

I have a AEM CAI, short shifter, rear spoiler, Summer Nittos on Enkies 18", Pirellis M+S P Zeros which are on the stock rims but went 245" width instead the 235" stock, yellow bulbs for the fogs ....click on my signature....my baby is paid off and will keep it so don't want to make it too ghetto....
Old 11-23-2008 | 10:15 AM
Snax

Yes, Get yourself a trunk-lip spoiler for about $100 +-.
It will take you 5 min to put it on and it looks great.
Old 11-23-2008 | 10:32 AM
Instructor

A trunk lip spoiler for $100???
Where did you see that? Could you pass on the link on where to order!

The only prices I see for lips are 350$....its har dot justify shelling out that kind of money for a plastic piece. Bit they do look hot.

AS far as mods are concerned, this is a personal question. Mods are "our" little extensions that we add to our cars to personalize them in whatever way we want (performance, aesthetics, functionality...) and make your can distinct from the others.

Questions are, what are you trying to achieve? What would you like improved? How much are you willing to spend?

My TL is new, and the only mods I have so far are 35% tints, Acura racing pedals (still waiting on them), and eventually enhanced interior lighting. Also I am looking forward to an automatic starter which is close to essential in cold winters.

You are the artist/engineer and the mods are your paints/tools, the canvas is your TL.

However that being said, be careful not to "over do" your mods, as that detract from the general feel of your car; making it look cheezy, and making the girls laugh.
Old 11-23-2008 | 02:38 PM
Intermediate

Mods on 08 t.l. Base

Thanks designer for your thoughts. Since there are so few Acura's in my area, I'm really not looking at doing too much, since it's rare here and already stands out from the crowd.

Perhaps just a few small things however, like that trunk lid lip, or that little lip or spoiler whatever off the back window.
I'm also here in Ontario, eh.
Old 11-23-2008 | 06:36 PM
A Black TL

For performance- you can get Cold Air Intake AEMV2 for 240$. You can get 4 types of exhausts ATLP,XLR8,Greddy,Comptech they all cost about 1,000$. Greddy exhaust sounds the loudest and gives most horsepower, the ATLP, the XLR8,then Comptech. You can get somes lightweight new rims 18", with somes new Pirelles All Season. You can get some new precat deletes, part of the exhaust, you can also get a J-Pipe, and race pipe.

Handling- Eibach Shocks, springs, struts. OR tiens fully adjustable shocks.

You can get full body kit from ron_jon. Front bumper, Rear bumper, Side skirts. Also if you were to get a new full catback exhaust from ATLP, you would need a new rear bumper b/c, the pipes will to big for the base TL rear bumper.
Old 11-24-2008 | 10:45 AM
Instructor

yeah, i from Ottawa...need winter tires soon!

Also a big thing to think about is make sure whatever mods you get, that it doesn't void any of your manufactures warranties.
D
Old 11-25-2008 | 02:20 AM
Safety Car