Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What loaners have you received?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 11:16 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GaleForce
God damn dealer won't give me a loaner. Of course, they see me as a customer and deem me old enough to purchase the car, but not old enough to be treated like a customer. They get the Credit Card info, if I wreck the car, they can charge it all if insurance refuses. I don't really care, I'm not planning on wrecking it. And if I did, the dealer would get it replaced simple as that, either through my insurance or my own money. But they have the right to charge the credit card so I don't see what the problem is. Oh well.
Wow I got negative rep for that post. Oh well.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I got an EL that was absolutely filthy inside. And is it standard that they don't give you a full tank of gas? My loaner only had about 1/4 tank and I told the service guy my commute to work is over 40 miles!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Kelnshe

'04 TL both times. The second time they were fixing a problem with the rack hose, and they replaced the rack. Took them 8 days to get the part, so I got to keep it for the duration. Only problem was that it had the crappy OEM Bridgestone EL42s on it, so every morning I had to deal with the wobbles, and the skids when it rained.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Instructor

Brought my car in today because the salesman owed me a detail job on the car (car wasn't detailed when I bought it). The kick plate on the passenger side was scratched before I purchased it (may need replacement) and the parking brake needs to be adjusted as well. These are all minor gripes, but I had wished they had done a better job in preparing the vehicle for me. However, they didn't give me a loaner! I had even made an appointment several days ago and they didn't even have a vehicle to loan today. They couldn't even drop me off at my house which is like 15 minutes away. In a way, I'm kinda pissed. I had someone else come by and pick me up. I've only had the car for about 2 weeks.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know this is slightly off topic, but it's still about loaner cars...

When I owned my Audi A6 4.2, I had such a bad service experience the service manager at Champion Audi (Pompano Beach, FL) offered me a 4-hour detailing. He also promised a loaner car during the detailing and an oil change and tire rotation (which I was paying for).

When I brought the car in, the service writer (who I had been referred to by the service manager) knew nothing about the loaner. After checking, he handed me the keys to an A4 1.8, told me "this is the car I use to get back and forth to work so please fill it with gas before you bring it back". As if that wasn't bad enough, Audi did the detailing they promised... then rotated the tires AFTERWARD so the wheels were filthy when I picked it up. Fine service for a $50k car.

Needless to say, it was traded in shortly after that. Based on that experience, there's not too much Acura can do to disappoint me.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Instructor

what percentage of you guys get loaners on service 2+ plus? and how much in advance do you guys make appointments? do early appoitment basically guarantee you a loaner given a reputable dealer and serivce which takes more then a few hrs to do

i took my parent's bmw into the bmw service today cus some of the lights were on, i was hoping for a 3 series loaner to test out, but no the guy said he wouldn't have any till next wk. slightly dissapointed, i decided to walk home inside of taking their "shuttle", which is a 5 series wagon.