Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by justnspace
PM or call him!
but you want the 18x8.5s
Why do I need 18 x 8.5 ? I dont see them available ...
And also WOuld 18 x 8 give me problems ?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^ no- no problems.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
I made a mistake. 18x8
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
I'm glad to hear that insurance came through for you and that you're getting wheels back on the car! Get the A-Specs
Old 01-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Racer

Definitely ... Bruce does not have the Gun metal ones :-(

I am getting them on EBAY the link that i posted for the same price .. Same exact description but the EBONY ones !
Old 01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Racer

Exclamation Update

My Insurance Girl is SUPER KOOOOL !!!!
She basically told me I can take the car any where I want ... I can choose my own custom wheels as long as they are in the same price ... and If I get something more expensive like 1000 bucks a piece she says i highly recommend you call and add extra insurance for custom wheels so god forbid your covered for the extra margin you paid .... I NEVER EXPECTED that .... The reason I think she said that is probably because ACURA told her that the rims are special order and wouldn't be available in a day or 2 !

So getting everything worked out with TIRES PLUS ... my best friends buddy is a manager there. Vehicle will be towed today from my house to TIRE Plus covered by GEICO ... TIREPLUS will do a thorough inspection for the rotors and suspension components ... Anything extra will be dealt by GEICO themselves ... (hopefully nothings wrong though)

AT THE MOMENT: Waiting for EBAY seller to open the BUY IT NOW option and also I asked him for a quotation for speedier shipping ... Ill keep you guys posted.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH each and every one of you !!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Racer

I made a mistake. 18x8
No problems ! Thanks for the look out buddy !
Old 01-21-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by mani
No problems ! Thanks for the look out buddy !
now we just need you to change your quote in your sig!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Glad it is working out for you man. Definitely put locking lugs on there, and keep an eye out. Whoever stole your stockers might be planning on checking out what you replace them with.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Racer

now we just need you to change your quote in your sig!

DONE !!!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by stvtec
Glad it is working out for you man. Definitely put locking lugs on there, and keep an eye out. Whoever stole your stockers might be planning on checking out what you replace them with.
Wheel Locks and Alarm ... I shall get em installed while its at the shop waiting for the wheels to come in !

Thanks !
Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
...Vehicle will be towed today from my house to TIRE Plus covered by GEICO ... ..
How do they do that with no wheels? Dolly?
Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
How do they do that with no wheels? Dolly?

they'll put donuts on the car or something.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

its funny how the stealership wont accept your car if you buy the wheels elsewhere. Plus, the check is written out to you. So do as you wish. The contract is between YOU and YOUR insurance company.
Acura just wants to "inspect" the car to tackle on additional charges to bill your insurance company.

I know because I used to do that!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
its funny how the stealership wont accept your car if you buy the wheels elsewhere. Plus, the check is written out to you. So do as you wish. The contract is between YOU and YOUR insurance company.
Acura just wants to "inspect" the car to tackle on additional charges to bill your insurance company.

I know because I used to do that!
Awesome :-) Thanks for letting me know. I did have that funny feeling from the day i called and let them know. They actually wanted to come down and take the car before the ADJUSTER had even come out Im like woah ... hold on there ... No one touches it before insurance takes it pics and everything ... and they slowed down.
I don't blame them coz every ones out there to make money but geez at least cooperate a bit with the client. All i wanted was to get the wheels on my own ... They would still be making money on the tires, tow, inspection and all ... but i guess they weren't that clever enough...
Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

btw....are you in Miami?
Your complex looks like where my cousin lives.

If so, if you need spare wheels for the time being. Let me know.
I have 5 lug accord rims I can let you borrow. 01 accord ( if they fit )

Lets just say I live in NYC and Miami.
I'm in Miami for the next month.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
btw....are you in Miami?
Your complex looks like where my cousin lives.

If so, if you need spare wheels for the time being. Let me know.
I have 5 lug accord rims I can let you borrow. 01 accord ( if they fit )

Lets just say I live in NYC and Miami.
I'm in Miami for the next month.
I live in Hollywood ... right next to Miami
Thanks for the offer .. Im actually getting it towed today by the company and they bring in the spares.... I appreciate the help though . Thanks

Last edited by mani; 01-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OUCH!!!
This brings back painful memories when someone stole my S2000 seats when I only owned the car for 3 months. I too live in S. Florida and there are too many dam rice burners. I never knew there was a black market for TL rims. I hope you find out who did it and take the law into your own home.
For me, I traded the S2K for the TL and bought a 9mm. I already know another S2000 means another day going to work without seats.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Racer

Anyone know the exact PART NUMBER for the TPMS sensors on the 2008 TL Type S ?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by drcoke
OUCH!!!
This brings back painful memories when someone stole my S2000 seats when I only owned the car for 3 months. I too live in S. Florida and there are too many dam rice burners. I never knew there was a black market for TL rims. I hope you find out who did it and take the law into your own home.
For me, I traded the S2K for the TL and bought a 9mm. I already know another S2000 means another day going to work without seats.

I know bro ... I dont wanna invest in a 9mm ... coz I AM gonna end up using it :-( But shit happens man ... What can i say !
Old 01-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Cruisin'

Nothing pisses me off more than thieves man. Sorry for your misfortune. You mentioned living in a gated community; Will mentioning anything to them help the situation?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
that sucks man...doesnt matter how many locks you put on.....companys sell kits for wheel lock removal for people who lose their keys.....an alarm is a good start though
Old 01-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Bears
Nothing pisses me off more than thieves man. Sorry for your misfortune. You mentioned living in a gated community; Will mentioning anything to them help the situation?
you mean talking to the management ? already tried bro ... full of excuses ... all they want is RENT ON TIME ....

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
that sucks man...doesnt matter how many locks you put on.....companys sell kits for wheel lock removal for people who lose their keys.....an alarm is a good start though

Thanks bro ... Yeah feel free to advise any good alarms please
Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Cruisin'

Dude this totally sucks!!!

I purchased my type S around the same time as you and I live in Miami. I try to keep the S in the garage over nite.

Let me know if you need a spare or anything...

I actually have A-spec wheels.. but i'm looking for the stocks.. I search craigslist daily.. I havent seen them yet.

PS.. you got the car from pines acura right? Not the most straight forward people right....?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Racer

Exclamation Major update !

do it do it do it do it do it do it
DEALS DONE ! Im on way to pick them up .. Fortunately the warehouse is like a 4hour drive from my place ...
Thanks for the look out JUSTNSPACE .. I dont have enough words to thank you !

Time to test drive the HYUNDAI rental
Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 AM

DEALS DONE ! Im on way to pick them up .. Fortunately the warehouse is like a 4hour drive from my place ...
Thanks for the look out JUSTNSPACE .. I dont have enough words to thank you !

<--------------------you're making the princess blush.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
OMG, I came from an Elantra to the TL. "Enjoy" the rental. It will just make you enjoy the TL that much more when you have it back.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok now, did you call the dealership and say that you're going a different route?

I want to know what their response is because I bet they'll now say you can purchase wheels outside, but want your service with inspection etc. etc.

and congrats for getting everything worked out!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Racer

<--------------------you're making the princess blush.
LOL sorry .. I never noticed your display pic :-D And all this time I thought you were a guy But its good .. Blushing is good
Take care

Originally Posted by stvtec
OMG, I came from an Elantra to the TL. "Enjoy" the rental. It will just make you enjoy the TL that much more when you have it back.
Ahh just before I was heading out for the long drive I switched cars at Enterprise ... I got a 300C for cheaper than a Hyundai Santa Fe and its BLACK ON BLACK

Originally Posted by 07tlsWDP
Ok now, did you call the dealership and say that you're going a different route?

I want to know what their response is because I bet they'll now say you can purchase wheels outside, but want your service with inspection etc. etc.

and congrats for getting everything worked out!
LOL ! Yes I did let them know yesterday ... Surprisingly ... they didn't offer anything yet. Im guessing Parts might be closed today and tomorrow. But I still did clear up things with my buddy at the service dept. I didn't want him to get in trouble for anything because of me and also not mess up my friendship with him for future.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Racer

Exclamation Update: SNEAK PEAK !

First thing I did this morning .... Went to ENTERPRISE and switched the Hyundai suv with this sweet ride

I was surprised that this V6 version was comfy and better on gas than my baby ... but definitely not in performance ... plus I feel the interior is very simple and plastic...

A Full tank and off to our 3 hour ride to Central Florida and finally ....

And then the longer journey back to Tire Plus to get there before 5 PM to wrap some tires on them

Highway Patrol messed up everything on the way back ... 6 separate pull overs ... Could not drive above 80 mph .. and so I reach Tire Plus at 5:10 PM

Unluckily ... all the workers had been done and ready to leave ... The managers were still there but they usually don't install tires and stuff ... I caught them arguing with one of the workers to get it done today ... but i intervened and said not to worry about it ... I have already waited so much ... rather come back and get it done tomorrow .. I didn't want to piss off an already tired worker who probably dealt with God knows what kind of customers and was all ready to go home and see his kids.... Asked the managers if it is safe to keep the rims at the facility ... They took care of that.

So now Sunday morning 9:30 AM I have to pick up the wheels from TirePlus ... going to bring them home .. install them on the ride and take it back to Tire Plus where it will be inspected and thus the minor works begin

Will Update tomorrow Evening ... Take care .
Old 01-23-2011, 12:09 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got a call from my sales dept. friend at Acura. His manager says that right now we will have to wait for the insurance adjuster to come and look at the car where it is right now. In case they might want to take pictures. So it's not a good idea to move it yet.

Upgrading to A-spec wheels would be a hard option because most insurance companies are strict about OEM parts that came with the car when purchased. They actually get data from the dealer which tells if the car was sold with A-spec wheels or not.

Got a quote from Parts dept for the wheels i had.

$2610.28 plus tax and labor

I asked about A-spec wheels, $420 a wheel and had no pricing on the tire available right now. my deductible is $500, if i can get Acura to hook me up (which is highly unlikely) with the A-specs, definitely doing that ... If insurance gives me an option for a check (also highly unlikely) i might go aftermarket 18's and save some money for mods.

All sincere advice is welcome. Thanks guys
That's false.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Racer

Oh btw ... i forgot to mention about the tow truck that was supposed to come to my place to pick up the car friday night. Suckers came with 2 steelies when they knew all 4 wheels were stolen. They said, Its a flat bed we really don't need all 4 wheel ON. Im like ... ummm not sure .. so please ... i will get you two more ...Im not comfortable with it. I get them two steelies from them ... for 2 hours they couldn't lift the car up as they didnt have low clearance jacks. Funniest part is ... the tow truck company was referred by GEICO lady Definitely letting her know Monday that she should have some other company on her referral list

Twice my car SWAYS when its standing on 2 jacks for some reason. I freak out and try to stay calm ... but I had decided that one more glitch and thats it, Im calling it off ... I can do it a better job myself with the help of a friend ... In the end they get 2 steelies on the back ... the spare from TL on the driver front ... now they cant fit the steelie on the passenger front because they need a deep dish steelie for the type S front wheel ... thanks to the BREMBO calibers we have .... Those dumb suckers tried a COROLLA steelie, an ACCORD steelie ... and the f(#*#*# HYUNDAI rentals steelie ...

I see that and I am 0-to BAD ASS in less than 3 seconds ... I tell them to stop and put my car back on crates and GTFO !!! Couldn't take it anymore ...
They had been informed at 10 am to be prepared to pick a car with NO WHEELS at 7:30 PM which has to be delivered to a facility which closes 9 PM.

They show up at 8:20 PM with 2 STEELIES with no LOW CLEARANCE JACKS !!!.... Dumb asses scratched my brembo calibers Now Tire Plus gotta inspect em and give GEICO the good news if i need a new one thanks to their referral !!!

MORAL: NEVER EVER LET A TOWING COMPANY deal with your CAR ...
Old 01-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Haha you seem very hyped

Well hopefully everything works out! Too bad you couldn't get the gunmetal ones. I was selling mine with tires awhile back.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:56 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
[quote]

[quote]

Nice pickup, glad you got a great replacement! Sorry to hear all the BS that you have to go through.

BTW-those tires look like Potenza RE760 Sports I don't know what you had before, but you should be very pleased with these! What size did you get?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Haha you seem very hyped

Well hopefully everything works out! Too bad you couldn't get the gunmetal ones. I was selling mine with tires awhile back.
[QUOTE=Slpr04UA6;12652617][quote]

To be honest, these are the ones I was thinking are called the gun metal ones . When I spoke to Joe yesterday, these are called the HYPER SILVER ones in the wheel industry and ACURA calls them EBONY CHROME. So basically, thank God I got what I had in mind I wanted to get. Thanks

Nice pickup, glad you got a great replacement! Sorry to hear all the BS that you have to go through.

BTW-those tires look like Potenza RE760 Sports I don't know what you had before, but you should be very pleased with these! What size did you get?
Thanks man ... The tires I had on the 17's were also Potenza but Im not sure about RE760. And yes you are right these are ones you say. 235/40/18.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Gunmetal and ebony are different. The gunmetal are 18x8.5 and were made only in 04.

He didn't have it so they told you to get the ebony which isn't bad either!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Gunmetal and ebony are different. The gunmetal are 18x8.5 and were made only in 04.

He didn't have it so they told you to get the ebony which isn't bad either!
Oh ... I didn't know that... I guess I had the wrong name in mind for them.
On my way to TP pick em right now Will post pics in the later afternoon b4 i drop the car to TP again for inspection. Thanks guys
Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
did you say you got pulled over 6 times in one trip?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
did you say you got pulled over 6 times in one trip?
LOL ... I would be typing from inside a lock up of that would have been the case

Every 30 miles we came across an FHP writing tickets to a poor soul
Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Racer

A lil something

Ahhh well Friday night since the towtruck guys were no good... me and my buddy decided to change his MAXIMA brakes .... I had a little fun with one of his wheels ... thought i would share it ....

Quick Reply: What a Good F*$*&$ing Morning !