Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What color interior with Anthracite?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What color interior with Anthracite?

Ebony or Quartz. Help me decide. Can you guys post pics?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Taistella Jokerit!

<-- Likes ebony
Old 03-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Intermediate

Definitly go with the Ebony. When I bought mine I had an Anthracite/Ebony and an Anthracite/Quartz side by side. Colors should either match exactly or contrast. The anthracite and the Ebony contrast beautifully. The Quartz is too close to the exterior color yet different enough that it just looks weird.

But thats just my opinion. :-)

Jason
Old 03-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Consider Camel.

The ebony is very dark and gets boring over time. With the black dash there's zero contrast. Looks great in the showroom, but is the first to break down and show wear.

The quartz is a better option, but many feel that it looks very dull and monotonous. Although constructed of leather like the other interior choices, it tends to look the most like vinyl. Whereas the aluminum trim 'jumps' off the ebony interior, it gets absorbed into the sea of grey found in the quartz.

Camel is a good mid point; not too dark, not too light, lots of contrast off the black dash, and you get the wood which to many looks richer.

If you're taking camel completely out of the equation, choose quartz. It will wear better, there's a bit more contrast, it will show less dust, and it's less gloomy.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Intermediate

Do you have any pictures of camel & anthracite? Does camel look exactly like it does on the acura site when you click build and pic color?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Intermediate

I have not seen anthracite/camel, so I don't know how good it looks.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by boltjames
Consider Camel.

The ebony is very dark and gets boring over time. With the black dash there's zero contrast. Looks great in the showroom, but is the first to break down and show wear.

The quartz is a better option, but many feel that it looks very dull and monotonous. Although constructed of leather like the other interior choices, it tends to look the most like vinyl. Whereas the aluminum trim 'jumps' off the ebony interior, it gets absorbed into the sea of grey found in the quartz.

Camel is a good mid point; not too dark, not too light, lots of contrast off the black dash, and you get the wood which to many looks richer.

If you're taking camel completely out of the equation, choose quartz. It will wear better, there's a bit more contrast, it will show less dust, and it's less gloomy.

You are correct sir! Camel is my fav color on the TL. Got it with my ABP, I would have gotten Anthracite/Camel but in my neck of the woods every 5th car is dark gray.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Safety Car

ebony, nothing beats an ebony interior. makes the car look more sporty.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

abarsami- yes, it does. But that doesn't do it justice nor can it be a decison maker for you. You really need to go back to the dealer and have him show you the combo in person. Trust me on the ebony interior.....it was one of the main reasons I just dumped my 2000 RL. It just bored me to death and really got ratty fast. It may hide the dirt better than a lighter interior, but it shows the dust so much much more. I've got quartz in my silver Odyssey and am happy with how it looks but that's not a luxury car. The anthracite/camel combo is very BMW and Mercedes looking but it's not for everyone.

I may be alone in what I'm about to type, but it matters more to me that the exterior and interior look beautiful on their own rather than as a combo. I think the anthracite color is the best exterior color and the camel is the best interior color. While they might not be the same type of 'classic' combo as, say, the antrhacite/ebony I won't suffer with a lesser interior just because another one might 'match' the exterior better. When was the last time at 65 mph you noticed the interior color on another car? When was the last time you were in your car and could even see the paint on the outside? To me, they're two different environments.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Intermediate

Ok now I really want to see an anthracite/camel for myself. I will call tomorrow to see if anyone has that combo.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

caball- I'd agree that on *most* vehicles, the ebony interior looks very sporty. But on the TL it's a different story. You've got a black dash that's nice and curvy and stylized that gets completely lost in the rest of the 'blackness' of the interior. You lose the wood and pick up carbon fiber that's also black! So what you're left with is a deep black pit with shocking aluminum trim. Acura is well-known for lousy design in their black interiors. Since my 1990 Legend Coupe it's been a big challenge to get away from the camel/wood/black combo they've offered because all the alternatives were so weak. I think the issue is the black dash and lack of wood. Other cars I've owned have grey dashes and wood trim, so the black leather looks interesting. In the TL it just looks like a black pit to me.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

abarsami- go here....you'll find pictures of almost every color combo....

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page..._by=&year=2004

BJ
Old 03-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Safety Car

i personally think the aluminum and black provide a nice contrast. The BMW's use black and aluminum interior trim as well. i personally like that combo and not the camel. i would get camel if it was WDP but not anthracite and SSM. isn't the dash still black in the camel interior?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:36 PM
tgt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ebony with Anthracite, hands down....

-Travis
Old 03-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Not even close...

Ebony

Mike Smeezy,
Old 03-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Drives in Harmony!

I sat in a number of TL's on the dealer's lot and noticed that the Ebony interior was a lot warmer in termperature than Quartz. Those of us who live in warm areas would consider this important :-)
Old 03-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

caball- yes, the dash is still black in the camel interior and that's been an Acura staple since the very first Legends hit the lots. The only point I'm making is that the TL's interior is *special*. Very uniquely shaped, styled, and molded. While the ebony doesn't look 'bad' it just doesn't look as robust as the lighter interiors do. Personally, I don't think any of the carbon fiber works because it's lost against the ebony and the quartz. Combine the black dash, carbon fiber trim, black headliner, black carpets, and oodles of black plastic on the controls.....it's all black. Am I missing something? I wish the wood was more of a cherry than a honey color too. All things considered, it's an interior that screams for diversity and contrast. Parchment and camel give you that contrast in buckets. If it's an anthracite exterior, only camel is available as an interior....
Old 03-31-2004, 12:07 AM
Intermediate

boltjames - thanks for the link for that site with tons of pics. I really like the white/parchment combo also. From looking at the pics the anthracite/black is too dark for me. I would get quartz or camel with anthracite. Now I just have to find a close dealer that have these color combos to see.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

abarsami- you can't go wrong with either. Quartz looks more youthful and sporty whereas camel looks more mature and luxurious. The bigger question:

Do you want navigation? If so, grab any anthracite navi you can find and live with the interior choice or wait xx weeks of the awesome Spring while the clock ticks....

Let us know what you decide when it's all said and done!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:07 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

If I had it my way, it would be ebony with blue for contrast. and sportiness.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:32 AM
Pro

Ebony and Anthracite for me.. Its great!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:27 AM
Racer

Agreed. That's the exact color combo I have and I love it.

Ebony.

Originally Posted by caball88
ebony, nothing beats an ebony interior. makes the car look more sporty.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

No doubt - Ebony

Ebony

Personally, I do not like the camel interior at all with any color exterior.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Instructor

You gotta go Ebony, looks mint.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:57 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

I almost bought an Anthracite/Camel. It's actually not bad looking, and the contrast with the black dash makes it look very spiffy. I'm very happy with my Anthracite/Ebony -- one reason I ended up going with the Ebony is because the dealer with the Camel wouldn't budge on the price.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Racer

Ebony looks awesome with Anthracite.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by MikeRadio
Ebony and Anthracite for me.. Its great!
I picked Quartz with my Anthracite but like the Ebony/Anthracite better. Here in Phoenix the black leather just didn't make sense though and even the Anthracite is pushing it for being too hot.

I do like the two tone effect of the black dash and door sills with the Quartz interior. It gives a nice constrast against the paint.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Instructor

Camel looks absolutely disgusting with Anthracite! I don't think the camel looks good at all. It's too orange, but I can at least understand it with a green or black exterior, but camel with gray?? It's like when you drive by a brown and tan house and they have gray brick out in front and you naturally say, don't these people know what colors go with what?

I chose ebony. I like the way the quartz dash and doors look, but the quartz leather and carpet to me were too drab and depressing. I also think the dash looks more expensive when it's all one color and the metal trim stands out really nicely against the Black, but you can hardly notice it against the quartz.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro

Ebony for me.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Definately EBONY!! :worship:
Old 03-31-2004, 11:07 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

abwolf- you're nuts. Gunmetal exterior (otherwise known as Anthracite) with Camel interior has been a staple of the Mercedes and Porsche car lines since the 1960's. BMW's adopted the combo in the mid-80's and still features it today on many brochures and advertisements. You don't need to love it any more than I dislike the snore inducing Ebony interior, but it's not like it's a bizzarre combo invented by a drunk Japanese engineer at Acura.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Cruisin'

I have Quartz interior with Anthracite. Living in California during the warmer days makes me appreciate the lighter color. I think the Quartz color interior is just fine in looks as well as being practical.

Just my opinion and personal taste.

FNT
Old 04-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As I was picking up my TL a guy was getting an Anthracite w/Camel and it looked really nice. He said that with the exterior being Battleship grey he felt that the excellant contrasting interior that the Camel offered added life.

Same reason why I got the Green w/parchment. My last few cars had black interiors and they were boring compared to this new one.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:05 AM
9th Gear

a must see! look at these beautiful pictures - shows interiors also:

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...threadid=92430

pretty redondo red pictures:

http://homepage.mac.com/dkrudop/MY_TL/PhotoAlbum34.html
Old 04-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Rum Runner

<-------- Likes the Ebony
Old 04-18-2004, 04:01 AM
Intermediate

Smile

I just got my Anthracite/Quartz and I'm in love. Awesome color combo.

Love these forums...
Old 04-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Old timer

Ebony.
Camel if you don't mind being different.
Quartz imho looks cheap in any Acura... something isn't right about that color.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by abarsami
I just got my Anthracite/Quartz and I'm in love. Awesome color combo.

Love these forums...
You did better than getting the dull ebony interior, but you do realize that quartz interiors have interior wind-noise from the sunroof that the camel interiors lack, correct?
Old 04-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Advanced

I went with Ebony as the Quartz was a little light for my taste. I love the ebony - I had the same thing in my CL Type S before getting my Anthracite TL.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:33 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

I like my ebony interior,
on the other side, if it ever gets boring,
I'm thinking of buying the OEM quartz parts for the dashboard and doors,
so I can have a 2 tone interior... that would be perfect for me.

maybe I can swap door part with another user...

Quick Reply: What color interior with Anthracite?