Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the doctor today....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Went to the doctor today....

And got a scrip for my 35% window tint!!
Now let'em pull me over..... I could go on but you get the idea!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

how did you pull that off?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts

LOL, I wish I could have written that prescription. Got glaucoma?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by demolition_x
how did you pull that off?
If you have a skin condition, you can get darker than legal tint
Old 04-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Man of God.....

Ya but my skin is GREAT!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Spiritman
So, you are cheating the medical system and taking advantage of condition allowances or . .. .. ?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:39 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by xtin
If you have a skin condition, you can get darker than legal tint

what if you are not allowed to have front tint but have a skin condition? if you know.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
So, you are cheating the medical system and taking advantage of condition allowances or . .. .. ?
lots of people were doing this in NJ, since the front windows cannot be tinted...

how did you pull this off????
Old 04-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
are you really 53?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

he's not gonna post back.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Man of God.....

Originally Posted by trancemission
are you really 53?
Ya Baby!! In may I'll make 54!! Lord willing!

I have an OT. Got my web site up. Any one that is interested. Please drop by. If you have the time use the contact info, and let me know what you think of it. Its not even close to being done but.....

http://www.fatheroflight.com

Thanks....
Old 04-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

hahaha hopefully no one becomes an ass, and rats you out!
my dad's a doctor and i was considering having him write me something so i can get my fronts done in jersey (or register my car under his name in Vegas where he lives so i can legally get 35%), but he, having taken the hippocratic oath, refused to do it. Too honest of a man...*sigh*.. hahah
Old 04-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Ya Baby!! In may I'll make 54!! Lord willing!

haha suite....
Old 04-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Man of God.....

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
hahaha hopefully no one becomes an ass, and rats you out!
my dad's a doctor and i was considering having him write me something so i can get my fronts done in jersey (or register my car under his name in Vegas where he lives so i can legally get 35%), but he, having taken the hippocratic oath, refused to do it. Too honest of a man...*sigh*.. hahah
Old 04-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by subinf
what if you are not allowed to have front tint but have a skin condition? if you know.
Yes, as long as you have a written doctors order you can do it.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Intermediate

Spiritman,

You either do or don't have a medical condition which allows you to have your' front windows tinted to 35%. If you do, fine. If you don't, then you're taking advantage of the medical system and putting yourself iat unecessary risk. That risk being the cops will no doubt take extra precautions when approaching your vehicle (i.e hands on their guns, safety off or possibly have you exit your vehicle very slooowly). Is it worth it?

Having your front windows tinted really dark is cool, i admit, but no worth the trouble in my book. Besides, do you want people to see the person behind the wheel of that really cool looking TL?

<Gets off soapbox>
Old 04-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Pro

Yes, as long as you have a written doctors order you can do it.
how about if one of your parents are a cardiologist (heart surgeon), does that work as a doctors note lol
Old 04-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Man of God.....

Who said anything about the front window????

I don't think you are reading my signature! It says front = UV. I'm not going to tint the front windscreen!
Old 04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok so are you going to te us how you did this??.....
Old 04-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ka0tik
how about if one of your parents are a cardiologist (heart surgeon), does that work as a doctors note lol
i think as long as they are allowed to write a prescription, they can do it. But then again, if they took the hippocratic oath, they really shouldn't. (I'd consider them a bad doctor)

Who said anything about the front window????

I don't think you are reading my signature! It says front = UV. I'm not going to tint the front windscreen!
Front window is diffferent from a windshield.

anyways, how'd you manage this?

Btw, what i mean in an earlier post was that if anyone were to suspect your "medical condition," and happened to find this post (and you really didn't have a skin condition), then you could get in trouble.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

Originally Posted by Flash80
Spiritman,

You either do or don't have a medical condition which allows you to have your' front windows tinted to 35%. If you do, fine. If you don't, then you're taking advantage of the medical system and putting yourself iat unecessary risk. That risk being the cops will no doubt take extra precautions when approaching your vehicle (i.e hands on their guns, safety off or possibly have you exit your vehicle very slooowly). Is it worth it?

Having your front windows tinted really dark is cool, i admit, but no worth the trouble in my book. Besides, do you want people to see the person behind the wheel of that really cool looking TL?

<Gets off soapbox>

WTF are you talking about. you have to be one hell of a dumb ass to leave your windows up until the cops knocking on them. when i get pulled over i roll my windows down and have my hands on the wheel reguardless.

theres no reason for a cop to feel any different about limo tint and 35%.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by demolition_x
WTF are you talking about. you have to be one hell of a dumb ass to leave your windows up until the cops knocking on them. when i get pulled over i roll my windows down and have my hands on the wheel reguardless.

theres no reason for a cop to feel any different about limo tint and 35%.

Then there must be alot of dumb asses rolling around, Demolition. If you could see some of the stupid shit people have done, then you'd say different. Fact is, getting pulled over by the police is pretty stressful for alot of people. You would think rolling down the windows is common sense, but I've had people literally freeze up behind the wheel. And depending on the time of day/weather conditions, 35% window tint can be pretty hard to see through.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:04 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
So let me see if I understand this....
Your state allows waivers on tint due to skin ailments. You don't have any skin problems but you found a pawn to write you a prescription to get 35%, otherwise illegal, tint. I guess as long as everything else about you and your car is 100% kosher AND you were in no way violating any of the thousands of motor vehicle codes of your state at the time then there should be no need for any officer to find any other violations for you when you are pulled over for too much tint.

Even if they just let you go with no other violations it's you on the side of the road, not me. I always depend on a fresh crop of you guys to get all the attention from the law. I've not been let down yet.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Flash80
Spiritman,

<Gets off soapbox>
Dude, get real. Many states allow tint on the front windows... is everybody in those states at risk then? It's just tint.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Man of God.....

Old 04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Dude, get real. Many states allow tint on the front windows... is everybody in those states at risk then? It's just tint.
I understand that. My point was, to get your windows tinted darker than the LEGAL limit is risky, for both drivers and cops and really a waste of time/money. The vehicle codes are there for a reason, not just to mess with people. It's about safety. I'll tell you this though, I usually dont give a crap if someone has a lightly tinted front passenger/driver's side window. It's just an equipment violation and I usually have to many things going on anyway (like finding the nearest Starbucks). But if I absolutely can't see through it in broad daylight (yes, I have 20/20 vision), then it's a wrap. Press hard, three copies. Ultimately people will do whatever they want with their vehicles, just understand the consequences.

Spiritman, didn't mean to hijack your thread by expressing my opinion. Please, if you haven't already, tell us how you did it.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Riu
2004 TL

I wanted my dads plates lol. Looked hot when i drove his car and it had MD plates.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Man of God.....

Originally Posted by HEK
ok so are you going to te us how you did this??.....
You bet!!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Team Athracite Physician

As a physician I could easily have my friends write a script for me (hell, I could technically write it for myself but that would be pushing it) - but somehow I think having a script would be asking for more trouble than it's worth. Gives the cop more reason for finding something (assuming I was driving like an ass).

Personally, even though I could get away with it - I don't want to give the peace officer any extra stress - they're already worried about getting killed as it is (especially here in SoCal).
Old 05-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Some of the responses here are amazing...by the way, 35% is legal in most states...and the reason is because you can still see what's inside the car.

Anyway, got any pics of your car?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Man of God.....

I don't have any pic's yet.....

Alright here is the story on how I did it!
I have had a headache since early in 1971! Yes, 35 years! So I just told my doctor that the tint would help me. He asked how dark I wanted to go. When I said just 35% He said "no problem" That was that..... So now you know. Is it worth it? No, no, no.........
Old 05-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Not sure what the hoopla is about this. 35% is not that dark. I see tons of people with a lot darker and limo tint all the time here in MN. (Legal limit is 50%) Most people with the full knowledge that it's illegal still do it darker because let's be honest, 50% ain't much at all.

My car is at 50% ceramic tint because I didn't want to deal with a cop pulling me over and giving me a hard time about it. I also didn't want to drive around all paranoid everytime I see a cop. Most cops really don't care but you never know if you catch one on a bad day. Since I have an ebony interior, it looks darker too.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

I have had a headache since early in 1971! Yes, 35 years! So I just told my doctor that the tint would help me. He asked how dark I wanted to go. When I said just 35% He said "no problem" That was that..... So now you know. Is it worth it? No, no, no.........
Couldn't have been a neurologist who wrote that prescription. No one's ever asked me for tint for headaches with photophobia (means sensitiviy to light, usually in migraines) and I'm not sure I'd grant that request unless I knew the patient REALLY well and knew they were photophobic.

Anyhoo....35% is legal most places, though here in Ohio your front side windows can't be more than 50%. This is one item keeping me from obtaining tint.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Man of God.....

neuronbob

Ya man. That's it !! I have suffered for 35 years. I thought I was due this one little giveback..... My doc. was OK with it. He knows how I suffered. Now that's using the old noodle. Right.....

Yes he is a neurologist.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:33 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Ya man. That's it !! I have suffered for 35 years. I thought I was due this one little giveback..... My doc. was OK with it. He knows how I suffered. Now that's using the old noodle. Right.....

Yes he is a neurologist.
When I find the light to be bothersome, and my eyes do seem overly sensitive at times, I put on my sunglasses. They even work when the light shines in through my untinted windshield and when I get out of the car. In fact, they work so well at reducing how much sunlight hits my eyes, I'm pretty confident my doctor would tell me to wear them should I complain that the sun aggravates my headaches.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Couldn't have been a neurologist who wrote that prescription. No one's ever asked me for tint for headaches with photophobia (means sensitiviy to light, usually in migraines) and I'm not sure I'd grant that request unless I knew the patient REALLY well and knew they were photophobic.

Anyhoo....35% is legal most places, though here in Ohio your front side windows can't be more than 50%. This is one item keeping me from obtaining tint.
Ive met a few corrupt neuros in my time Not completely impossible.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Advanced

And got a scrip for my 35% window tint!!
Now let'em pull me over..... I could go on but you get the idea!
Niiiiiiiiice. I was actually thinking about this a couple of days ago. Something I'd definitely do, but then again I'm too cheap to tint my windows.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

Spiritman... I can empathize with you, I get migraine headaches that seem to be trigger by glare from bright lights or very bright sunlight. I wear dark sunglasses whenever I'm out but it doesn't always keep the light out. I wish I could get my front tinted, but I have no Dr script. BTW in Texas you need a certificate issued by the Department of Public Safety for front tint. You may want to check your state law. But I can have a "clear" tint and was wondering if you looked into one of those clear UV tints for the front. Do you think that would help with glare?

Also, nice web site.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Ive met a few corrupt neuros in my time Not completely impossible.
.....psssst.....hey buddy.......If you want a tint prescription, look over here.....only $200 a script.....
Old 05-02-2006, 04:35 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

good job man ill have to do something like that. my eyes hurt when driving at night. he he. ill make friends with a doctor.

Quick Reply: Went to the doctor today....