WDP Easy/Hard to keep clean...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005 | 09:01 AM
10th Gear

WDP Easy/Hard to keep clean...?

I'm thinking about which color TL to buy....and I've been leaning on WDP. But some people have said that this is really hard to keep clean. Since I've never had a white car before I'm looking for some feedback on this...

Thanks,
-mike-
Old 03-17-2005 | 09:10 AM
Intermediate

I have a wdp 05 with parchment interior. To keep mine looking sharp I dust it every other day and wash it on the weekends. If you don't mine cleaning it a lot then go for it. I only spend about 5 min dusting it. Doesn't bother me a bit
Old 03-17-2005 | 09:36 AM
What's a TL?

WDP is the sh** when it comes to keeping it clean! Whenever I wash it, I am always amazed how much dirt comes off of the car considering that it looked clean before I started.
Old 03-17-2005 | 09:53 AM
Safety Car

Do NOT buy WDP .. the bumpers do not match ... i have a WDP TL-S .. and regretted it .. get something darker if you like the black or blue or red ... your colors will match soooo much better. Trust me on this .. i have extensive experience w/ the WDP, and I've been a member of this forum for 3 years, and 2700 posts.. many about the color of my WDP TL Type S.
Old 03-17-2005 | 02:30 PM
04 5AT ABP/Camel

I believe they are easier to keep clean. But, no matter how clean, polished and/or waxed, WDP just doesn't have the depth and shine of the darker colors like ABP or NBP. (IMHO)
Old 03-17-2005 | 03:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

I also am of the persuasion that next to silver, white is the easiest color to keep clean. I wash mine about twice a month on average and wouldn't have to do it that much except for the rain.
Old 03-17-2005 | 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

hmmm i think white hides dust pretty well actually
unless you're really inspecting it... i wash mine once every two weeks and it always looks so fresh and so clean
Old 03-17-2005 | 07:19 PM
.:KCCO:.

i have WDP and yes u can tell when its dirty, but its not bad at all...

i had a black car, blue and yellow (all the same car, just diff paint jobs) and white is the easiest out of all those. the yellow was pretty easy too

yes, the bumpers do not match properly, but people with other colors on the TL have the same problem.

my car recently got hit and when i brought it to get fixed, the new paint on the front bumper matched better then stock.
Old 03-18-2005 | 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VTEC=happiness
WDP is the sh** when it comes to keeping it clean! Whenever I wash it, I am always amazed how much dirt comes off of the car considering that it looked clean before I started.
I with you all the way! I didn't even realize how dirty my WDP was until I rinsed it with the hose and sheets of dirt came off. White is excellent at hiding dirt and road salt should you live in the northern states. Bird bombs aren't as evident but you should clean those off ASAP. I chose WDP for these reason as I had a darker color car prior to my TL and it was a pain to keep it clean. Scratches and dings are also less visible on white cars.

The down side as others have mentioned is that the paint doesn't have as much depth and it's not exactly a youthful color. Mud and tar will show VERY well so try not to do any agricultural driving should you get WDP.

I have received tons of compliment on my WDP TL. Up close you can tell it's not the refrigerator white that you see on Camrys and Accords. There are fine metal flakes in the paint that give it that irridesent sheen when viewed in sunlight. Good luck.

dsc888 (Team WDP Interim President )
Old 03-18-2005 | 01:03 PM
Intermediate

I have to agree with the majority on this one, my 05 WDP doesnt really show dirt too much, as others have pointed out sometimes when I wash it, then I realize how dirty it was!!! I think the color actually makes the car look more expensive, a kinda sophiscation about it!!! From a distance,(say five feet) the car hides dirt really well!!!
Old 03-18-2005 | 03:52 PM
Intermediate

Based on two years with a WDP 03 TL-S, I agree with the general run of comments -- it nearly always looks clean. Good for people who aren't obsessive about washing the car. The light color also helps you see little flecks of grime you'd miss on a darker color -- good for people who are obsessive because you can make absolutely certain you got everything off. And, as DSC888 said, it's not refrigerator white; there's a very slight yellow glow to it.
Old 03-18-2005 | 04:21 PM
Racer

White has got to be easier to keep clean than black. With black, you will always see dust, scratches, streaks, swirl marks, etc. With white, you can't see these things unless you really look for them. I came really close to getting WDP, but when I saw a clean black TL and a clean white TL parked next to one another, it was just too hard to pass up black. Maybe my next TL will be white. I'm not too worried about the bumper mismatch issue. I've seen plenty of TLs on the road and never noticed a problem with the bumpers.
Old 03-18-2005 | 05:16 PM
Racer

Simply put, WDP is-----white on sunny days, and light yellow on cloudy days
Old 03-18-2005 | 09:52 PM
Advanced

I'd say almost cream color.. It looks white until you park next to a real white car,, then you reallize why the TL looks so good in white compared to other cars.. Like has been said, darker colors (when taken care of) are harder to keep clean but have a deeper shine.. But the WDP TL is much deeper than a plain white car.. I debated between white, blace and blue,, (My Teg was blue) but got a good deal on my car because it had been on the lot for a while,, they had gotten too many white ones. After having it for a couple weeks, I'm glad I got this color, it just looks so classy.. Also, taking that stupid black front license plate holder off made a big difference in the looks. If I lived where I had to have a front plate I would get the mount painted to match the car.
Old 03-18-2005 | 10:13 PM
Administrator

The last two posts describe exactly what my wife and I saw yesterday. It was a cloudy day and I was parked next to a white car. My wife said the TL looked beige, which it kinda did because it definitely was not the white like the car next to it. But in the sun it is white again, but a TL white, which is great. Love the color.
Old 03-18-2005 | 10:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boiko
I'm thinking about which color TL to buy....and I've been leaning on WDP. But some people have said that this is really hard to keep clean. Since I've never had a white car before I'm looking for some feedback on this...

Thanks,
-mike-
so hard to keep clean!! But once it's clean, especially at night, it has this white pearl glow that just so .. amazing! But then again, I'm a WDP lover

But I noticed when my car is parked next to my friend's Toyota Solora (2004), her pearl white looks better than my WDP TL.. kind of makes my TL look cheap... in terms of color.
Old 03-20-2005 | 11:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
so hard to keep clean!! But once it's clean, especially at night, it has this white pearl glow that just so .. amazing! But then again, I'm a WDP lover

But I noticed when my car is parked next to my friend's Toyota Solora (2004), her pearl white looks better than my WDP TL.. kind of makes my TL look cheap... in terms of color.
Erica, the Solara's white pearl does indeed look fabulous. My friend had a 05 Solara SLE and boy is the paint amazing. It's something you would find on a Lexus. It's only slightly more beige than our WDP and will NOT get mistaken for a truly white car even by the casual observer. But you can't win them all. Our WDPs are sure pretty at night under florescent lighting. That's when it really shimmers. One of my friends commented how great the paint looked while I was getting gas the other night. The gas station had florescent lighting.

dsc888
Old 03-20-2005 | 12:18 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

wdp is easy to keep clean. I have an 02 wdp with ebony interior.(lacking for 3rd gen)I am Dissapointed in the white pearl because its not pearl enough.White pearl should look like Cadillac Escalade or the 1st year Audi A4.Bought the 05 this week and went with Antracite Metallic.WDP is a great color but needs ebony interior.
Old 03-20-2005 | 04:58 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

I personally think WDP and NHB looks the best out of all the colors once you have washed the car. But both gets dirty really fast and is very high in maintanance if you want your car to look clean at all times. If you hate washing your car every week then I would go with the Silver or Anthracite as it is in between.

I thought the new 2005 WDP has ebony interior now don't they??
Old 03-20-2005 | 05:52 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

no ebony
Old 03-22-2005 | 12:04 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Originally Posted by GASNET
no ebony

That is too bad unless you buy one up here in Canada!!! Check the site below!!

http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Models/...dYourAcura.htm
Old 03-22-2005 | 09:09 AM
Straight outta JERSEY ...

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Do NOT buy WDP .. the bumpers do not match ... i have a WDP TL-S .. and regretted it .. get something darker if you like the black or blue or red ... your colors will match soooo much better. Trust me on this .. i have extensive experience w/ the WDP, and I've been a member of this forum for 3 years, and 2700 posts.. many about the color of my WDP TL Type S.
my bumpers match just fine .....
Old 03-22-2005 | 03:58 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

Originally Posted by ed99
That is too bad unless you buy one up here in Canada!!! Check the site below!!

http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Models/...dYourAcura.htm
I think something might be wrong with that info.According to that link silver and athracite only come with ebony interior.Not so, silver with quartz antracite with camel.Maybe things different in canada.
Old 03-24-2005 | 06:54 PM
Advanced

i also find my wdp hides dirt very well, except for in the back around the trunk and bumper. I think that darker colours show the dirt a lot more just because it's always lighter than the paint, so there's a much stronger contrast, exp. during sunny days.