Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WAKE UP, this is ONLY a TL ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC
nope..on new lexus..it said lexus on the windows now.
Yep, same as Infiniti.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TBone2004
Hey dipsh** - Lexus rocks, my family owns 3 - but you ain't gonna get one for 30K. Wake up idiot - maybe it is you that is having the sweet dream.
Lexus does rock. I like Lexus and Infiniti over Acura any day of the week. Especially a BMW over Acura.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
On Infiniti, it says Nissan
No it doesn't. Unless you look at the emissions sticker.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Racer

BMW = Big Money Waste
Old 05-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
BMW = Big Money Waste
Again?
Old 05-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Racer

BMW = Big Money Waste
Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Shift_faster

The TL is not the best car in the world. Yeah? And what? This isn't breaking news. However, it is the perfect car for me. Which is why I bought it. I don't compare it to other cars anymore, you know why? Because I did the comparos when I was deciding to buy it. The TL won.

Again, it is the perfect car for me, not the perfect car for the world.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
Yep, same as Infiniti.
Do Audi's still have the VW logo on the glass (just curious)
Old 05-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Team Anthracite

to reply to the first post...

"welcome to the world of duh"
Old 05-05-2004, 04:14 PM
100k miles club

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
The TL is not the best car in the world. Yeah? And what? This isn't breaking news. However, it is the perfect car for me. Which is why I bought it. I don't compare it to other cars anymore, you know why? Because I did the comparos when I was deciding to buy it. The TL won.

same here!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Instructor

BS- My friend's G35 has it all over the windows
Old 05-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Even though I can afford a BMW anything I wouldn't buy it for the same reason I'd never by a Ford anything. People that swear by them just make my skin crawl.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Life is good.

BMW = Bravarian Motor Works
Old 05-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dutchml
Even though I can afford a BMW anything I wouldn't buy it for the same reason I'd never by a Ford anything. People that swear by them just make my skin crawl.
Just like the people who swears by Acura?
Old 05-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

i'm really tired of what this forum has turned into. what happened to all the informative, useful disucssions? what happened to threads like "new features of the car you've discovered" or the sort?

i wish all the "joke" threads, all the "versus" threads (that end up like this) would go away. i mean, there's definitely a use in comparing cars subjectively, but it's pointless when it's always us vs some other people that want to argue... what's the point? every car has it's strengths.

i, for one, have never ragged on another buyer's decision. it's their choice.... i'm sure they had their reasons.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Team Anthracite Member

? is this... If you are not interested in Acura, why would you be on this website?
Old 05-05-2004, 05:14 PM
never stops!

People! Acura is a brand and Honda is a company who own Acura brand. It does not matter what is sticker is on the window. What matters is my TL is better than Porche and MBs and BMWs and Lamborghinis and Ferraris and Lunar Module Vehicle and any of your TLs for that matter. :lol1:
Old 05-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by thegre8tone
Just like the people who swears by Acura?
Don't know much about the people that swear by Acura (except what I read here), but I dunno, most of the people that drive Bimmers (using the word "drive" loosely) always have their noses up in the air like there's a small turd on their upper lip.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Pro

There must be a link on Google:

http://www.Acura-tl.com - Idiots wanted
Old 05-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Racer

Everyone bashes the BMW to be so expensive. I'm sure if money wasnt an issue 80% of the people on here will go with the BMW. Acura isnt close to being as good engineered as the bmw. Ony good thing about the TL is that you get alot for what you pay for. But performace and the fun factor bmw wins in all aspects.

I'm kind of glad bmw is more expensive that means you wont see that many high school kids driving them and giving them a bad imagine. Ricing them out.

I think alot of ppl are bashing bmw's cuz they cant afford it.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Life is good.

BMW drivers do have more sex than anyone else...
Old 05-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pug
Do Audi's still have the VW logo on the glass (just curious)
I really don't recall....... I thought it had the circles, but I don't remember to verify that.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
BS- My friend's G35 has it all over the windows
Well my 2004 doesn't at all.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Did I say 328?? No dont think so, maybe I meant the 5 series, either way, I will run any 3 series off the road with my TL, and I'll do it in style :thefinger
Well saddle up my friend but you'll have to catch my 3 series to run me off the road...and it ain't gonna happen in your TL

Just for you DopeTL04: http://hometown.aol.com/imalitig8r/index.html

Vandy
Old 05-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by savageTL
Well saddle up my friend but you'll have to catch my 3 series to run me off the road...and it ain't gonna happen in your TL

Vandy
:lol1: Nice post, nice pics, nice car!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zeezz
i'm really tired of what this forum has turned into. what happened to all the informative, useful disucssions? what happened to threads like "new features of the car you've discovered" or the sort?

i wish all the "joke" threads, all the "versus" threads (that end up like this) would go away. i mean, there's definitely a use in comparing cars subjectively, but it's pointless when it's always us vs some other people that want to argue... what's the point? every car has it's strengths.

i, for one, have never ragged on another buyer's decision. it's their choice.... i'm sure they had their reasons.

AMEN!

I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes going through this thread.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Shift_faster

Damn Zeezz, you took the words right out of my mouth...seems like BigBluu beat me to the "agree w/ Zeezz" post...
Old 05-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by savageTL

Vandy
Assuming your M3 isn't a Nov. 01 build. My M3 threw a rod after 6500 miles.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLover
Assuming your M3 isn't a Nov. 01 build. My M3 threw a rod after 6500 miles.
\\

If you look close it has LED tails and a shark fin. It is a 04 9/03 build, so I should be good. I track the poop outta it so if it has a bearing problem I'll be the first to know it! Blackstone says I am within normal limits on my last oil analysis. It is just a toy, if it blows I get a new S54 to hammer, just have 1200 miles of break-in to do over!

Vandy
Old 05-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Advanced

I declar this the POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Advanced

Do we have an award for Ignoramus Thread of the week???

The correct Spelling is: Bavarian Motor Works I wish this forum had spell checker... the first post on this thread needs to be taken back to a fifth Grade teacher for proofing.... Geez.....

I test drove both Porsche models Boxter and 911. Those cars take curves like they're riding on rails.... Awesome.... BUT SO WHAT??? THE ride feels like crap.... every bump is more than felt. It's a race car chassis for pete's sake... The Acura TL was built with the intention of it going up against the BMW 5 series and I think they met that goal and by my estimation exceeded it. Better NAV sys by far... much more attractive layout, more standard HP etc etc.... Why keep comparing apples to oranges...

BMW has not nor does it appear to be able to build something as nice as the TL anywhere near the price range.... END of STORY....

Whatever the TL has or doesn't have that we may want to talk to death is our right and priviledge so "cuteman" go practice your language skills and do more car research....
Old 05-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Everyone bashes the BMW to be so expensive. I'm sure if money wasnt an issue 80% of the people on here will go with the BMW. Acura isnt close to being as good engineered as the bmw. Ony good thing about the TL is that you get alot for what you pay for. But performace and the fun factor bmw wins in all aspects.

I'm kind of glad bmw is more expensive that means you wont see that many high school kids driving them and giving them a bad imagine. Ricing them out.

I think alot of ppl are bashing bmw's cuz they cant afford it.

I see alot of little kids driving the 3 series around here and they all act like they are moviestars. Actually pretty funny thing to see.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SPURS&ANTH.TL
The correct Spelling is: Bavarian Motor Works I wish this forum had spell checker... the first post on this thread needs to be taken back to a fifth Grade teacher for proofing.... Geez.....

I test drove both Porsche models Boxter and 911. Those cars take curves like they're riding on rails.... Awesome.... BUT SO WHAT??? THE ride feels like crap.... every bump is more than felt. It's a race car chassis for pete's sake... The Acura TL was built with the intention of it going up against the BMW 5 series and I think they met that goal and by my estimation exceeded it. Better NAV sys by far... much more attractive layout, more standard HP etc etc.... Why keep comparing apples to oranges...

BMW has not nor does it appear to be able to build something as nice as the TL anywhere near the price range.... END of STORY....

Whatever the TL has or doesn't have that we may want to talk to death is our right and priviledge so "cuteman" go practice your language skills and do more car research....
I only do this because you did...the correct spelling is Boxster.

Vandy
Old 05-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
Lexus does rock. I like Lexus and Infiniti over Acura any day of the week. Especially a BMW over Acura.
I bet you don't have the coin for a BMW.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Cruisin'

you can lease a bmw for a measly 279 a month.. its actually cheaper than the tl lease prices, so for anybody on this board who has a tl can actually afford a bmw, obviously they choose not to. But then ask yourself what does bmw give you for 279 a month, basically their lowest of the line, stripped down nothing with a cassette player that handles on rails... whoooopeee....
Old 05-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ROBK
you can lease a bmw for a measly 279 a month.. its actually cheaper than the tl lease prices, so for anybody on this board who has a tl can actually afford a bmw, obviously they choose not to. But then ask yourself what does bmw give you for 279 a month, basically their lowest of the line, stripped down nothing with a cassette player that handles on rails... whoooopeee....

Agreed, it is for the ~28k 325i which also has a high residual, which the TL also shares. One note the 325i does come standard with a CD player not cassette (I know woo hoo), just a clarification.

Vandy
Old 05-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Burning Brakes

nope..on new lexus..it said lexus on the windows now.
Does it matter what label they put on it? Lexus = Toyota and Acura = Honda, I'm lost why people care what label is on the car when everybody knows who makes what.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
I bet you don't have the coin for a BMW.
Yea I don't have the coin. Sure buddy. I own a $12k jetski, a $32k car and I don;t have the coin for a BMW? LOL whatever man.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc

My sentiment exactly! I considered how much I could afford to spend, then looked for which car would give me the value for the dollar AND looked and felt the best to drive. I was heading right down G35 avenue until the TL came out. If people in here feel like comparing the TL to a DB9 that's their enthusiasm talking...whether it's a realistic comparo or not. Personally, I don't care about whether I can outrun a Boxster, a Mustang, or a Kia. I'm enjoying the heck out of my TL...still smile every time I climb in. We're all here because we either love our TL....or we want the issues fixed so we CAN love it....so let everyone have their fun. Sheesh, this isn't life or death....relax, chill out some and let us cult members enjoy our fanaticism.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Intermediate

Pay for the name...

If I were you I'd get over the name game. Just because it says BMW or Mercedes doesn't mean it's a good car. You want an iStick or a shit ugly car like a 5 or 7 series? I sure the hell don't. I'm not going to pay a premium for the car just because of the "name". I buy the better car.

I buy the better product period not just the one that gives me the highest "wow look what I got" factor. Once you understand that, you will do better in life.

Quick Reply: WAKE UP, this is ONLY a TL ...