Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting for TL...advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
AM MT Navi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Waiting for TL...advice please.

Hello. I ordered a 2005 TL from Rick Case in Ft Lauderdale on Saturday Feb 19th. I had spoken to my salesman earlier that week and he told me he coincidentally had an Anthracite/Quartz 6mt/navi (the combo I wanted) being build in 9 days. He said I could expect delivery sometime from the end of March through the first week of April. He then called back 10 minutes later saying delivery wouldn't be until about 2 weeks after that. I said no problem.
I showed up on Saturday, as promised, we made the deal & I put down the deposit. I then attempted to confirm that I would receive the car during the month of April. Now he says it may be during the month of May. I asked if it would be by the 15th and he said he felt better just saying the month of May. I was like whatever, I got a decent deal without much haggling, let it be.
Anyway, 6 weeks have gone by and I still can't even get a build date. I'm getting concerned because I don't have anything in writing stating a time frame. All he says is "we should be getting the build date soon" and "so far all deliveries have been on time."
Am I asking too much? What should the dealer know by now? The way I see it is if we get the build date tomorrow, it most likely won't be for another month and then it will take near 2 weeks to get delivered. So best case scenario, that's 6 weeks and I highly doubt he will have a build date by tomorrow.
I know many have waited 100+ days for your TLs, so sorry to sound like a crybaby. I'm just starting to feel as if I ordered my car under false pretenses. I appreciate any advice. Thanks, Scott
Old 04-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call a different dealer and ask if they can locate the car for you somewhere else.

Like you, Leith Acura in Cary, NC wanted me to wait and order mine, so I checked with Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, NC (15 miles away) and they located what I wanted in Tampa. They had the car for me in three days.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
While you're at Rick Case, have him do the 3.5L upgrade on your TL!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Team Anthracite member

I hear ya. Bought mine from Rick Case also. Signed the deal but had to wait for a build date. Took a while but finally got a build date and then within 1-2 weeks car showed up at the dealer. Was surprised because I had to quickly sell my current car to put up more money for the TL. Just keep on them. Heard the 6MT (2004) when I bought mine were limited in qty and they built them in bunches. The wait will hurt but the drive will be sweet.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:19 PM
iLL TL 4U2Try

Originally Posted by shotcaller88
Hello. I ordered a 2005 TL from Rick Case in Ft Lauderdale on Saturday Feb 19th. I had spoken to my salesman earlier that week and he told me he coincidentally had an Anthracite/Quartz 6mt/navi (the combo I wanted) being build in 9 days. He said I could expect delivery sometime from the end of March through the first week of April. He then called back 10 minutes later saying delivery wouldn't be until about 2 weeks after that. I said no problem.
I showed up on Saturday, as promised, we made the deal & I put down the deposit. I then attempted to confirm that I would receive the car during the month of April. Now he says it may be during the month of May. I asked if it would be by the 15th and he said he felt better just saying the month of May. I was like whatever, I got a decent deal without much haggling, let it be.
Anyway, 6 weeks have gone by and I still can't even get a build date. I'm getting concerned because I don't have anything in writing stating a time frame. All he says is "we should be getting the build date soon" and "so far all deliveries have been on time."
Am I asking too much? What should the dealer know by now? The way I see it is if we get the build date tomorrow, it most likely won't be for another month and then it will take near 2 weeks to get delivered. So best case scenario, that's 6 weeks and I highly doubt he will have a build date by tomorrow.
I know many have waited 100+ days for your TLs, so sorry to sound like a crybaby. I'm just starting to feel as if I ordered my car under false pretenses. I appreciate any advice. Thanks, Scott

Hey shotcaler if you haven't bought yet go to the Ed morse on federal hwy. and ask for Jason the manager and tell him you are a good friend of Starley.
I bought 2 TLs there and they treated me like a king... he's afriend of mines talk to him
Old 04-02-2005, 07:41 AM
AM MT Navi

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
While you're at Rick Case, have him do the 3.5L upgrade on your TL!
Did I miss something?

Originally Posted by iLL TL
Hey shotcaler if you haven't bought yet go to the Ed morse on federal hwy. and ask for Jason the manager and tell him you are a good friend of Starley.
I bought 2 TLs there and they treated me like a king... he's afriend of mines talk to him
I actually was talking to Tom Pires at Ed Morse. I got them down to 33k + $500 fee...but I convinced Rick Case to include the fee.
My salesman at Rick Case finally gave me some estimates on dates. He claims he originally told me the car would take 10-12 weeks from the order date. That gives me a 4-6 week wait which I would not mind at all. I just wish I had a better estimate.
If I don't get a build date in about 4 weeks, I'm going to start e-mailing & calling tons of dealers asking them to match or beat my price. I'll hope for the best.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
I don't think your concern and approach is out of line. I remember ordering a 96 Caravan from a dealer and was also told 4-6 weeks. Well, Chrysler experienced a truckers strike and the vehicle was delayed. After waiting 2 more weeks, we went elsewhere and got a similar van out of someone's stock. They finally called us 2 weeks after that to tell us it was in. I didn't feel bad at all telling them an untimely delivery was a reneging of our contract and voided my obligation. They understood and that was the end of that. Hope everything works out for you and you end up with the exact car you want regardless of who has it.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:30 AM
4th Gear

Call another dealer. When I bouth my TL with Navi (about a month ago) I called about 20 dealerships. I managed to get the price down to 33500 and I had to wait a week just because I wanted Silver with Quartz.

And...another thing. Why did you put down a deposit? You not supposed to. Just put your name on the waiting list and that's it. It seems that this dealership you went to is kind of pushy and misleading. hmmmm

Costin
Old 04-02-2005, 07:56 PM
AM MT Navi

Rick Case actually asked me for a $2500 deposit. I thought this was ridiculous as I hear most people put down $500-$1000. When I questioned him, he said it was standard. I am kind of ashamed to admit I put down $2000, I did charge it on a credit card though. This way if they give me any hassle, I'd have no problem getting it back. After haggling on the price, I didn't really feel like haggling more on the damn deposit.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
do yourself a favor and start shopping other dealerships they are full of s--t. I bought a car from them and they like to play games, their service department is horrible and incompetent, from the service advisor, the dishonest techs to their lying general manager. I will never do business with them again.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

call around to c if someone can get it faster and cheaper
Old 04-23-2005, 10:21 AM
AM MT Navi

Update

I met with my salesman & the GM yesterday (9 weeks after placing order). I finally got some dates. My build date will be between 5/3/05 & 5/7/05. So if delivery takes 2 weeks, I should have the car by May 21st the latest. I guess I will call on May 7th to try to get my VIN.
They had a black/black 6spd navi on the lot, but I really want the anthracite/quartz combo. Just one more month of waiting...