Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voice Command Locking Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
Voice Command Locking Up

I have had the car for two weeks and on a couple of occasions the voice control has locked up.

I will attempt to use the phone and I get a screen indicating that I cannot use the phone because two voice control systems cannot be used at the same time (I am paraphrasing). Usually, if I wait 10 or 15 seconds everything is OK. On one occasion I realized that I had started a voice command for the CD but never said anything. When I pressed cancel on voice command everything was OK.

However, on two occasions I simply could not get access to the phone. I tried hitting cancel on on both the phone and voice command but it was still locked. I finally put in a new voice command and the phone worked.

Is this normal behaviour? Should I be concerned about it?
Old 03-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sound like you are trying to do too much at the same time. Even though you speak into the same microphone they are in a sense to seperate systems.

It takes some getting use to but going a bit slower on the controls might help you out.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Team Secretary of Housing

I had the same problem

I had the system lock up with the phone in use mode. Even though the phone was off. The first time it happened I was able to turn the engine off and basically it rebooted the system and seemed to be fine, for a week. Then it locked up the same way and would not disconnect. I took it to the dealer and they think they trouble shooted the problem to the phone engage voice button on the steering wheel. Part was ordered and it finally came in. Car going in tomorrow for this and 6 other parts that were ordered. I will let you know if this fixes it or if the problem resurfaces. Ask your dealer to order the button assembly for the phone activation. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:11 AM
User Registered

Change it to the "Male" voice and you won't have any issues.

It seems when it's on "Female", it has a tendancy to cop an attitude when you're not focused directly on her.

LOL!!!

Old 03-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Change it to the "Male" voice and you won't have any issues.

It seems when it's on "Female", it has a tendancy to cop an attitude when you're not focused directly on her.

LOL!!!

We don't get the option of "male" voice in Canada. We get english/french unfortunately.

I've had that happen but I think its normal. Only one voice system can work at a time. It might take a few seconds to reset.