3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VLEDS 6-LED 725 Lumen DRL 9005 bulb

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
So now vleds is telling me since they went ahead and refunded me $39 for the bulbs I returned for an exchange, if I want the newer 10 LED bulbs I'll have to put in $20 of my own money as well as pay shipping cost. WTF VLEDS!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am still pretty new to this forum and to my cl s. So pls go easy on me, but can thesedlrs or wwhatever they are called be used on my 01 cls? Please forgive my ignorance. Still learning.
Thanks in advance. Joe
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Vleds.com has a fitment guide (through Slyvania) on their website, fill in your vehicle and it will have a complete list of the bulbs your car takes.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
Viet, keep us updated. Should I still send my bulbs back for the 10 led versions? Was it merely because you didn't put down the right comments on the RMA form?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
So now vleds is telling me since they went ahead and refunded me $39 for the bulbs I returned for an exchange, if I want the newer 10 LED bulbs I'll have to put in $20 of my own money as well as pay shipping cost. WTF VLEDS!
they're not even answering for me anymore, been trying to get the new 10 LED bulbs and revised switchbacks switched out. It all sounded smooth in our previous emails and then out of nowhere, silent. Will probably dispute the transaction if they don't respond soon.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sockr1
Viet, keep us updated. Should I still send my bulbs back for the 10 led versions? Was it merely because you didn't put down the right comments on the RMA form?
I literally copied and pasted what VLEDs customer service told me to write in the comment box on the RMA form.

Hi Quang,

On your RMA return form, write down in the comments section you are returning the 6 XB LEDS in exchange for the 10 XB LEDS.
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us and have a wonderful day.
The bold and underlined portion is exactly what I wrote on the RMA form but yet they still said a mistake occured. I just now got this e-mail from them

Subject: Order # 100001284
Sent: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 3:05:21 PM

Hi Quang,

We have all ready refunded you for the LED lights you returned, and have closed that invoice.
You will need to make a new order.
When you make a new order, order the 10_XB in 5K white and we will ship them to you immediately.
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us and have a wonderful day.
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 9:41 AM
To: sales@v-leds.com
Subject: Re: Order # 100001284

So are you telling me that I have to put $20 of my own money ontop of the $39 that was refunded to me in order to get the new bulbs?
Why was I told that I would automatically get the newer bulbs for free at no additional cost? I was told to just simply ship in old bulbs and I'll get the new ones.
I even obviously stated it on the RMA form I printed. As a matter of fact I quoted what I was told to type in the comments box to print on the RMA form. And yet this mistake still happened and now it's my responsibility to put my own $20 in plus shipping cost just to get the new bulbs?
I'm not very happy...
Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Hi Quang,

We totally understand your frustration; again we do apologize for the mistake on our part.
After you place your order e-mail us with the order number we will refund you the $20 and we will refund the $1.99 shipping charges.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190
found a brighter one:
Yes, it is indeed brighter!

The only thing I'd be worried about is if it would fit, due to the large heat-shrink.

It's also around $100. Not sure if I can justify paying that much money!
I'd much rather spend the money on V3 Tritons lol
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16

The only thing I'd be worried about is if it would fit, due to the large heat-shrink.

It's also around $100. Not sure if I can justify paying that much money!
I'd much rather spend the money on V3 Tritons lol
Holy mother geezus look at that thing!
Having been behind the headlight a few times I'm pretty sure that'll either not fit or rub just enough. AND the only way to install it would be with the headlight off.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 08TList
they're not even answering for me anymore, been trying to get the new 10 LED bulbs and revised switchbacks switched out. It all sounded smooth in our previous emails and then out of nowhere, silent. Will probably dispute the transaction if they don't respond soon.
Hey man just try getting into contact with them. Their customer service has been good to me so far... They reply to my e-mails fast and help resolved my problem. I went ahead and bought the 10 XB LEDs and they refunded me $20 (They had previously refunded me $30 to my paypal account a few days earlier) and $1.99 for shipping.

Process wasn't really as smooth as I was expecting but in the end I'm getting what I wanted.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:17 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thanks, they replied alittle while ago and set me up with a coupon code for the amount i got discounted last time with the 35% off, minus $6 for some reason which i asked about. Also gave me this link to a new kit they added to their site today for the TL: http://www.vleds.com/07-08-acura-tl-...rsion-kit.html. Already placed the order a few hours ago though so might have to redo it but it seems like it'll work out in the end
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Safety Car

Ok so I finally received my 10XB LED replacements from V-LEDs today. I really want some input from other members that also have the 10XB LED bulbs. I don't know about you guys, but trying to install the 10XB LED bulbs were a PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS. I have no idea what the hell is so different about them but I could not for the life of me install them without removing my bumper and headlights.

The OEM halogen bulbs I could easily remove and re-install without removing my bumper and headlights.

The 6XB LED bulbs I received the first time around was also easy to install and remove (had to remove them to ship back to VLEDs to exchange for 10XB versions).

I was easily able to install both of those bulbs above by simply reaching my arm in and just twisting the bulb to remove or to install and lock in place. Yes it might have been just a LITTLE tricky, but definitely achievable by anyone with patience.

Now these 10 XB LEDs are a different story..... I took a 30 minute lunch break and went home and tried to install these. I easily spent 10 minutes trying to just install 1 bulb. I bounced between the drivers and passenger side trying to see what the hell was going on. Wasn't able to install it so I said I would get back to it once I got off work.

I got off work and went right back at it for easily another 10-15 minutes and still failed. The bulbs have 3 notches that are supposed to line up to the ones on the DRL housing and once the 3 notches are lined up you are supposed to turn the bulb clockwise to lock it into place.

The 20-30 minutes combined I spent trying to install 1 damn bulb I kept getting only 2 out of the 3 notches lined up. When I would spin the bulb clockwise to lock it in place the bulb would sit crooked. It would either be angled facing up, facing down, or aiming to the left or right. It would never seat properly and face straight like it should.

After getting super pissed I finally had enough and decided to just drop the bumper and remove the headlights. With the headlights removed it was still a pain in the ass to get the damn 10 XB LED bulbs in place. It took A LOT more force than I expected to get the 3 notches lined up. Usually you could just line up the 3 grooves and slightly apply pressure to lock it in place. When I applied slight pressure only 2 of the 3 grooves would seat correctly and the last groove wouldn't even be in the cutout like it should...

In order to get all 3 grooves lined up and seated correctly I had to apply a EXTREME amount of force and at the same time spin the bulb clockwise to get all 3 grooves in and seated correctly. It was like this for both driver and passenger side. I mean it was so much force that I find it hard to believe anyone will be able to install these 10XB LED bulbs without having to drop the bumper and removing the headlights like I had to.....

You guys have no idea how frustrating it was. It was so infuriating that I even got to a point where I told myself I should have just settled with the 6XB LED bulbs because going through all this work just to get the 10XB bulbs to fit for the extra 125 lumens it has over the 6XB LED versions was not worth it.

Even now after everything is installed I still don't think it was worth the work. No pictures as of yet sorry.

Last edited by vietxquangstah; 04-29-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Holy mother geezus look at that thing!
Having been behind the headlight a few times I'm pretty sure that'll either not fit or rub just enough. AND the only way to install it would be with the headlight off.
I went ahead and finally bought it. My previous DRLs are very bright but this new JLC one just takes it to a new level....

Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
How's it fit with the headlights on the car?

Looking forward to seeing pics of them on.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Safety Car

Wow that heat sink is huge!! In for pics of them on
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Sooooo.........do they fit? That heat sink is ridiculous.

What color temperature are they?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Safety Car

Now that's just crazy. I want to see how it looks through the headlight housing with it turned off
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
I mean it was so much force that I find it hard to believe anyone will be able to install these 10XB LED bulbs without having to drop the bumper and removing the headlights like I had to.....

You guys have no idea how frustrating it was. It was so infuriating that I even got to a point where I told myself I should have just settled with the 6XB LED bulbs because going through all this work just to get the 10XB bulbs to fit for the extra 125 lumens it has over the 6XB LED versions was not worth it.
i sent my 6 LED version in last Thursday and today I received my 10 LED version (and also asked for 6k instead of 5k). it took me about 10 min to remove the towers and install these ones in, and they didn't take more force than normal. viet, maybe for some reason your tabs were thicker or something?

i just want to say that the 10 LED version is much brighter IMO. i am very very happy with how they look and the output they have. i'll put some pics up this weekend but overall i'm glad i sent them back to get the 10 LED version.

viet....do you have pics without the lights on to see how they sit in the housing? i'll do the same, maybe i was more content with a slight angle (not very noticeable) than when you were installing.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sockr1
i sent my 6 LED version in last Thursday and today I received my 10 LED version (and also asked for 6k instead of 5k). it took me about 10 min to remove the towers and install these ones in, and they didn't take more force than normal. viet, maybe for some reason your tabs were thicker or something?

i just want to say that the 10 LED version is much brighter IMO. i am very very happy with how they look and the output they have. i'll put some pics up this weekend but overall i'm glad i sent them back to get the 10 LED version.

viet....do you have pics without the lights on to see how they sit in the housing? i'll do the same, maybe i was more content with a slight angle (not very noticeable) than when you were installing.
I'll take some pictures tomorrow while at work and post them on here when I get off work. I'll try to take numerous shots at different angles up close so you can see how they seat. I got mine to seat perfectly straight.

I really do think the tabs on my 9005 DRL bulbs were a bit thicker than anyone elses