Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VLEDS 10 LED DRL and Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SDSilverM3
Thanks, tried everything and it wasn't the ground. The entire bulb wasn't flickering... only a handful of LEDs on the bulb which looked like chunks were missing at times.
Originally Posted by thoiboi
I have the VLED one as well and it seems to work half the time. I know it works when I start up the car in the morning but then when I get off work, only the passenger side is on. I haven't had time to troubleshoot but I was just under the impression it may be a bad ground/relay or loose connection.

George,

From a logical perspective, I'm trying to figure out why this wouldn't work. I know the iJDMtoy has positive one on end and negative on the passenger, but surely that's not completely necessary. I mean when you use halogen bulbs, there's no connection there. I have in line resistors on both passenger and drivers side, that should simulate the load and be all the computer wants to give power. The input should power the relay which then grabs power from the battery to the LEDs.

I've been really trying to wrap my head around why this wouldn't work. Feel free to discuss electrical experts.
I had one of my bulbs go bad after a few months; it would flicker when I first started up the car then after a few minutes it went dim or died. If only one bulb is dead, switch it to the other side to see if it's the bulb or the harness that is causing the issue. I sent back my bulbs to VLEDs and got free replacements.

Originally Posted by Jriddle8
So here is a picture of my resistors

as you can see both female and male connections, how would i go about on installing these onto the passenger side?

and as you can see here my harness is the same as req21's
From the picture it looks like VLEDs decided to make one universal resistor that you could plug into the harness and into the factory plug, instead of wiring one into the harness for you. My understanding is that you have to have a resistor connected to each factory plug to simulate a bulb or it will give you the DRL warning light. Also from the length of the positive battery wire, it looks like they switched which side you plug the harness into. Looks like you plug into the factory passenger side with the harness and and the lone resistor goes into the driver side factory plug. I would just give VLEDs a call and see how you should wire it up, they made it so they should know. I've posted a picture of how I would wire it up, but I'm probably wrong as electrical stuff is not my strong point.

Name:  KbNWhYW.png
Views: 51
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
I use the jlclightings drl kit and it works great. Took a little reworking once I got it since it was made cheaply, but I've been running it for over a few years now