3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VA people...how much did u pay for ur TL with Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VA people...how much did u pay for ur TL with Navi?

I think I saw the best price someone in the VA area got on a TL with Navi was from Radley Acura in Woodbridge and they got it for $32,500...is that right?

What have u others guys paid for it?

-Pat
Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Honda CBR1100XX

i got my abyss blue pearl, 6-speed with nav from pohanka acura last week (one week ago today) for 34 out the door.

which i felt was pretty fair.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I'm not sure what "u" and "ur" in your post mean, but I got a 6MT with Navi from Radley Acura at Bailey's Crossroads (they distinguish the one in Woodbridge by calling it Karen Radley Acura) last August for $33,600. I also felt that the price was pretty fair, and with minimal negotiating too. Only thing they balked at was that I wanted to put the full down payment ($17,500) on American Express and they flat-out refused.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Advanced

I believe max put down on CC is $3000....
Old 06-09-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by parkkuen
I believe max put down on CC is $3000....
I put $5000 on American Express. I understand why they wouldn't take it for the full amount, but it's pretty damn annoying all the same. I thought about calling American Express on the spot to inquire about it.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I put $5000 on American Express. I understand why they wouldn't take it for the full amount, but it's pretty damn annoying all the same. I thought about calling American Express on the spot to inquire about it.
They gave me the same problem (Pohanka) about the $3000 on the CC.. I originally wanted to put my whole down payment (7500) on Amex.. Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge did that for my CR-V in '02, no problem.

Anyways, I paid $33,300 + tax, title, and tags (delivery included) for a 5AT SSM w/Navi from Pohanka. Talk to Adam Argueta.. nice guy, no hassle.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by tcp100
They gave me the same problem (Pohanka) about the $3000 on the CC.. I originally wanted to put my whole down payment (7500) on Amex.. Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge did that for my CR-V in '02, no problem.
Yeh, about a month ago I was looking at a used Miata at Rosenthal Honda that would have been a fun second car; they were asking $10,000 and I would have told them either you take American Express for the whole price or no deal. But then I got the opportunity to buy an RX-7 convertible so I got that instead. Wonder what they would have said.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Instructor

I bought my wdp TL with navi 5spd auto for 33500 from radley acura in falls church. I went through a salesman named Sunny. He's the top salesman for acura in the region and had me in and out including financing in 45minutes. I did most of the deal over the phone. I think allot of people who are talking about numbers around 32000 either traded in on it so they think they paid that or are full of it because that is well below invoice and I buy allot of cars. If you look at what the other guy said about 33500 is it.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Advanced

lol...u bought my car!

I think invoice on them is around $32500...don't quote me on that though.

I'm shoppin around. My dad went to look at DCH Acura in Montclair, NJ today. We'll see what they say then I'll take that back to Radley Acura here in VA

-Pat
Old 06-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Advanced

Got mine from Sonny at Radley...that was in March. 32800 as I recall. Auto/Navi He is a really a great guy. I was his first sale at Radley. If you go in tell him Eddie said hello.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Pat, you might do better. Talk to that guy Sunny. I think he works pretty much every day. If you need his cell let me know. I looked at every color with my wife and when the wdp with parchment is clean it looks really sharp. I get allot of people saying I don't like white but on that car it looks classy. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Sonny is off on Fridays...........
Old 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Advanced

$32800 isn't bad at all. What did it come out to with taxes, title and tags?

I am currently dealing with one of the other salesman there...but I will be sure to let him know of the deals you guys have gotten there.

Thanks for the help!

-Pat
Old 06-09-2005, 10:38 PM

I dealt with Lincoln at Radley. My father had bought a TSX from him about three months earlier and introduced me. Don't know if that helped in terms of price.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Intermediate

MD Area (Ellicott City)

Originally Posted by PatC79
I think I saw the best price someone in the VA area got on a TL with Navi was from Radley Acura in Woodbridge and they got it for $32,500...is that right?

-Pat
I paid $33,000 at Norris in Ellicott City. 6MT with NAVI (black/black).

-ME
Old 06-27-2005, 01:36 AM
FLYi

Any more people buy locally in the past couple months? I am looking to buy in a week. Is everyone quoting prices before taxes/title? And did you get them to throw in trunk trays, etc?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Intermediate

I bought 2 weeks ago at Pohanka. My sales guy was Adam, hes a cool fella. Anyways, I got mine for $32,900 +TTL and $300 processing fee. This was a 6MT/Navi. I waited 4 months to find the color combo I wanted. Im glad I waited and did not settle for a different color. All the dealers in the area were tight on the 6MTs, they wouldn't let them go for less that $1k off sticker..... Id just assume wait for the 2006s at that price, then Adam called and said they just got what I wanted in stock. I bought it the next day....
I probably could have gotten the processing fee included, but I was in a hurry....hell, whats $300 when you been looking for 4 months.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by PatC79

-Pat
I paid $34,500 from Pohanka last April for a SSM A/T Nav.

They were willing to match the Edmunds average price of $34k for a white one since they had six on the lot, but they wouldn't deal much on the SSM since it was their only one and at the time they were selling as fast as they got them.

I did call Internet sales managers at Radley and Rosenthal and was told that the SSM would go for MSPR only.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Radley, Falls Church

I got mine a little over a week ago from Radley in Falls church. I paid 33,350 + title, taxes, and tags. The invioce on them is about 32,500 and about 500 destination ( according to edmunds). I feel pretty good about the price and its a great car.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dwarflord
I bought 2 weeks ago at Pohanka. My sales guy was Adam, hes a cool fella. Anyways, I got mine for $32,900 +TTL and $300 processing fee. This was a 6MT/Navi. I waited 4 months to find the color combo I wanted. Im glad I waited and did not settle for a different color. All the dealers in the area were tight on the 6MTs, they wouldn't let them go for less that $1k off sticker..... Id just assume wait for the 2006s at that price, then Adam called and said they just got what I wanted in stock. I bought it the next day....
I probably could have gotten the processing fee included, but I was in a hurry....hell, whats $300 when you been looking for 4 months.

I can vouch for dealing with Adam Argueta.. Bought my SSM/5AT/NAVI from him in May, $33,300 +TTL and processing. He's a great guy, very friendly, and low pressure. If you go to Pohanka, seriously, ask for Adam.. The other guys are a little more "salesman-like" as you'd expect, but Adam is great.

-Chris
Old 06-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NYSportz
Any more people buy locally in the past couple months? I am looking to buy in a week. Is everyone quoting prices before taxes/title? And did you get them to throw in trunk trays, etc?
What combo are you looking to buy? Auto/6pd?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
FLYi

Looking for 5AT w/ Navi... 1st choice NBP/Ebony, then SSM/Ebony or Anthracite/Ebony. I guess I could do quartz on the interior but I think the black looks nice.

Yesterday I spoke with a guy at Chevy Chase over the phone and I got him down to $33,000 on a SSM/Ebony (including splash guards and wheel locks, he wouldn't give me any more than that), but I got a really bad vibe from him. He lectured for me about 5 minutes about he has to make a profit, how coming in at the beginning of the month means he can jack up my price, etc. I finally had to cut him off when my ear began to hurt.

Right now I am working with Chevy Chase and Radley, but I might throw Rosenthal into the mix, though it's a little farther away. My situation is pretty tough because I'm in SoCal until Thursday, when I head to Nashville. Sunday I arrive in Chevy Chase, where I'm staying with my grandparents. They'll have to take me to whatever dealership I choose by tomorrow, and I need a car for my job which begins Tuesday. I'm really playing this one down to the wire and right now I'm waiting to hear from Radley. But if I can get the car I want at 33k, I'll feel pretty good.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Bring It

I got my 6MT / NBP / NAVI / HPT back in September 2004 for $34400 + TTL at Pohanka, Chantilly. I wasted my money on the HPT option because you know VA, it's unpredictable with winter weather. I had to buy a new set of tires and sell the HPT on Ebay.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Racer

Looking for 5AT w/ Navi... 1st choice NBP/Ebony, then SSM/Ebony or Anthracite/Ebony. I guess I could do quartz on the interior but I think the black looks nice.

Yesterday I spoke with a guy at Chevy Chase over the phone and I got him down to $33,000 on a SSM/Ebony (including splash guards and wheel locks, he wouldn't give me any more than that), but I got a really bad vibe from him. He lectured for me about 5 minutes about he has to make a profit, how coming in at the beginning of the month means he can jack up my price, etc. I finally had to cut him off when my ear began to hurt.

Right now I am working with Chevy Chase and Radley, but I might throw Rosenthal into the mix, though it's a little farther away. My situation is pretty tough because I'm in SoCal until Thursday, when I head to Nashville. Sunday I arrive in Chevy Chase, where I'm staying with my grandparents. They'll have to take me to whatever dealership I choose by tomorrow, and I need a car for my job which begins Tuesday. I'm really playing this one down to the wire and right now I'm waiting to hear from Radley. But if I can get the car I want at 33k, I'll feel pretty good.
You need to make sure you are speaking with the Internet sales manager and not just a normal sales person. Internet sales managers are typically compensated on the number of cars they sell, not on the price of the sale, so they won't pull that sort of crap on you.

Go to edmunds.com and put in a price request from your local dealers, or call the dealers and specifically ask to speak to the Internet sales manager.

Be advised that the dealers will lie. When I called Radley I asked to speak to the Internet sales manager, the guy they put me through to said he was the Internet sales manager then told me to come into the store and they'd work out a deal. He also told me that they had plenty of SSM A/T w/Nav, which I knew to be a lie.

When I went through Edmunds, I got another call from Radley, this time the guy identified himself as the Internet sales manager and told me up front they couldn't go below MSRP and they didn't have my car on their lot. Obviously the first "Internet sales manager" was just a showroom sales person who tried to get me to come to the store so he could pull a bait and switch.

I ended up buying from Pohanka, they were great, no pressure and very little haggling (they are in the good situation of not having to force you to buy a car a lot of people want). My sales person was Jamez, I'm not sure if he's still there.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:56 PM
FLYi

I've been talking to internet sales managers. I spoke with Steve Kim at Chevy Chase and just talked to Mohammed Khan at Radley. Mohammed was very nice and is getting me exactly the car I want, while Steve Kim was much less helpful. I told Mohammed I wanted to pay 33,000 and he said okay. Maybe I should've gone lower as it seemed too easy, but I'd rather have a pleasant experience than pay a couple hundred less and argue back and forth. He said he doesn't have the color combo I want on the lot but can have it by Sunday, which I hope is true.

So it looks like I'll be getting a 5AT/Navi in NBP/Ebony this coming Sunday from Radley Acura. Now comes the fun part of working out registration and taxes - I live permanently in California, will be in Maryland for the summer, am buying from Virginia, and spend most of my time in Illinois... yikes.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I'm not sure what "u" and "ur" in your post mean, but I got a 6MT with Navi from Radley Acura at Bailey's Crossroads (they distinguish the one in Woodbridge by calling it Karen Radley Acura) last August for $33,600. I also felt that the price was pretty fair, and with minimal negotiating too. Only thing they balked at was that I wanted to put the full down payment ($17,500) on American Express and they flat-out refused.
Asshole's!!!!

I wanted to pay the whole car on my A/A Mileage card, they wouldnt let me.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Intermediate

I've been talking to internet sales managers. I spoke with Steve Kim at Chevy Chase and just talked to Mohammed Khan at Radley. Mohammed was very nice and is getting me exactly the car I want, while Steve Kim was much less helpful. I told Mohammed I wanted to pay 33,000 and he said okay. Maybe I should've gone lower as it seemed too easy, but I'd rather have a pleasant experience than pay a couple hundred less and argue back and forth. He said he doesn't have the color combo I want on the lot but can have it by Sunday, which I hope is true.

So it looks like I'll be getting a 5AT/Navi in NBP/Ebony this coming Sunday from Radley Acura. Now comes the fun part of working out registration and taxes - I live permanently in California, will be in Maryland for the summer, am buying from Virginia, and spend most of my time in Illinois... yikes.

You should easily be able to get invoice ($32,500) for a 5AT/Navi at Pohanka. They are the #1 sales dealer in the country and will do anything to stay that way. Give them a shot too, if your close enough to them. Even at MSRP though, the car is still a good buy in comparison. Good luck, its a fun car....
Old 06-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
We bought my wife's '05 SSM/Quartz/5AT/Nav last March at Pohanka for $32299 which included their processing fee (a $249 fee as I recall).
Old 06-28-2005, 11:31 PM
FLYi

Hi,

Pohanka's a little too far away (~25 miles), considering I have to drag my grandpa along with me. The discount would be nice but I don't think it'll happen.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Oops, make that $33299, with everything else I said being the same.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Pohanka

Paid $33,000 (not including tax, tags) for late 04' TL (5AT/Navi) at Pohanka in September last year. Sales person was Alex Kreskin.