Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update to the Headliner DIY fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 07:01 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update to the Headliner DIY fix

While I have been driving for several weeks now with my headliner tight after I made the repair I detailed many threads ago - for some reason yesterday my headliner gap appeared again. I stuck my head up there to troubleshoot and what happened was this - the good news is my epoxy that I swear by, did its thing and still is doing its thing - It is still tighly clinging to the roof.
What gave way was the other side of the white double-sided tape. When I originally repaired it, I glued the fastener, as is, up to the roof. So now - the other side of the double sided tape that connects to the black velcro gave way - man this white tape doesn't hold up for sh*t! So I have now glued this side of the tape to the black plastic velcro - curing now as we speak.

Originally I would have just peeled the white useless tape off, but was fearful then to have an uneveness to the headliner as the middle would be higher than the others if I glued the black velcro directly to the roof - and possibly too tight against the sun shade and cause it to rub and wear.

So just wanted to update those who have done it or want to do it. As promised - the glue is not letting go.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Intermediate

TBone2004,

Thanks for the update this is a stupid question but I was wondering if you can advise me on what glue you use and how did you fix the headliner.

I don't log on that much and I miss your thread on how you fix your headliner.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Tbone2004-I thought the same thing when I fixed mine, about removing the white part, but didn't for the same reason you gave. So far mine is holding, and I hardly ever open the sunroof, so it should be ok.

edwards-See this thread for epoxy and installation info http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79379
Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Intermediate

Ron A,

Thanks for the thread!

I will check it out tonight.