Sponsored by:

TyreCare Road Hazard Agreement

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Chief TL Aviator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
TyreCare Road Hazard Agreement

I purchased it with my 2004 TL.

It's supposed to cover the factory tires and wheels (rims) in cause of a road hazard, and I now have a need to use it!
Anyone else got this one?

Any experiences on filing a claim with them in regards to the "right" thing to say, and the "wrong" thing to say?

Advice appreciated!

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:06 PM
What's a TL?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what happened to the tire (s)?
Old 02-21-2004, 05:49 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: TyreCare Road Hazard Agreement

Originally posted by RavenHwk
I purchased it with my 2004 TL.

It's supposed to cover the factory tires and wheels (rims) in cause of a road hazard, and I now have a need to use it!
Anyone else got this one?

Any experiences on filing a claim with them in regards to the "right" thing to say, and the "wrong" thing to say?

Advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Did you damage the rim/tire on a curb??? Either way if you tell them it was a "curb contact" they will not pay. Tell them it was a deep pothole. Bottom line, anything but the "curb". I would even go looking for a nice pothole to use as the "culprit" to keep my story straight.....

I received the same type of "coverage" at purchase (at a reduced cost..) but have yet to use it. With the susceptibility of the TL rims I thought it might just payoff.... Dealer gave me quite the chat about the curb vs pothole issue..
Old 02-21-2004, 05:50 PM
never stops!

What does this cover. Can you please post details.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:49 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Originally posted by joganjani
What does this cover. Can you please post details.
Basically anything and everything caused by hitting something in/on the road. Not only tire replacement but rim, balancing, alignment, etc. One significant hit could pay for itself... Some dealers are asking $399. I wouldn't pay more than $150-200.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Chief TL Aviator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not really sure what happened ....

It was raining pretty hard and I must have hit a pothole, rock, or other object while driving through a construction zone near the house! There was a loud boom and then the vibration started on the right hand side of the car. I pulled over at a gas station, but there was no visible damage to the car, tires, or outside appearance of the rims. So, I assumed a tire had been knocked out of alignment, and this would be simple to fix!

Wrong. When the tires were pulled off (to be balanced) you could definitely see where the inside portion of the rim has been slightly flattened on both the front and rear rims, which would give creedance to the pothole theory. If it had been a rock or other object, I would expect just one tire to be damaged, or visible damage to the car's body.

Thanks for the curb v. pothole advice!

BTW. I paid approx $200 for this coverage in case of this exact event! Let's see if I get my money's worth. Wasn't planning to use it this early ... :-(
Old 02-22-2004, 12:35 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Originally posted by RavenHwk
Not really sure what happened ....

It was raining pretty hard and I must have hit a pothole, rock, or other object while driving through a construction zone near the house! There was a loud boom and then the vibration started on the right hand side of the car. I pulled over at a gas station, but there was no visible damage to the car, tires, or outside appearance of the rims. So, I assumed a tire had been knocked out of alignment, and this would be simple to fix!

Wrong. When the tires were pulled off (to be balanced) you could definitely see where the inside portion of the rim has been slightly flattened on both the front and rear rims, which would give creedance to the pothole theory. If it had been a rock or other object, I would expect just one tire to be damaged, or visible damage to the car's body.

Thanks for the curb v. pothole advice!

BTW. I paid approx $200 for this coverage in case of this exact event! Let's see if I get my money's worth. Wasn't planning to use it this early ... :-(
Sounds like one of those movies... You sure it wasn't a "body"???

Just kidding, Sounds like your scenario is exactly what the coverage is designed for. Please let us know how the claim/service works out.