Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

type s obervation

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
type s obervation

This morning I leave my garage and start heading down towards the hiway a bit off. I happen to have in front of me a beautiful type s, looks almost brand new.
Now today where I live is a pretty cold and blustery day, with some snowflakes but no snow.
I couldnt help but notice the amount of smoke(vapor) coming out of the twin tail pipes and the amount of water dripping from them.
I know that cars do this, when the conditions exist, but I have never seen a late model car, continue to have this amount of liquid coming from the tail pipes and vapor filling the air as this vehicle.
I was behind him long enough (almost ten minutes) to know his vehicle had to be pretty warmed up. No other vehcicle had this going on.
Anyone else notice this, or does the type s do this for a reason?
The car looked absolutely gorgeous. It was white. I didnt see the interior, nor the person driving. The person driving must of have been real small, because all I could see was the back of the from seat and no arms. Thus I am sure it was an automatic also.

Much regards
Old 01-20-2007, 02:46 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by flatfoot
This morning I leave my garage and start heading down towards the hiway a bit off. I happen to have in front of me a beautiful type s, looks almost brand new.
Now today where I live is a pretty cold and blustery day, with some snowflakes but no snow.
I couldnt help but notice the amount of smoke(vapor) coming out of the twin tail pipes and the amount of water dripping from them.
I know that cars do this, when the conditions exist, but I have never seen a late model car, continue to have this amount of liquid coming from the tail pipes and vapor filling the air as this vehicle.
I was behind him long enough (almost ten minutes) to know his vehicle had to be pretty warmed up. No other vehcicle had this going on.
Anyone else notice this, or does the type s do this for a reason?
The car looked absolutely gorgeous. It was white. I didnt see the interior, nor the person driving. The person driving must of have been real small, because all I could see was the back of the from seat and no arms. Thus I am sure it was an automatic also.

Much regards
It's normal for cars that is highly fuel efficient and Acura TL is one of them. It does that on Lexus GS, Toyota Prius and etc.,
Old 01-20-2007, 03:43 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
It's normal for cars that is highly fuel efficient and Acura TL is one of them. It does that on Lexus GS, Toyota Prius and etc.,
hmmmm, i never thought of that. i work in an HVAC business and the same concept applies to furnaces.

80% efficiency barely condensates but 93% and above condensate alot.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Instructor

Interesting

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
I was also in an acura tl. And this car had to be on at least as long as mine, because I was in the rear of him, almost from the time leaving my garage.
There was hardly any vapor coming from my tail end, and after he entered the hiway, I got our of my car, and checked the tailpipes and no water dripping and hardly any vapor(his was at least five times the amount)
It makes sense waht you are saying, but my m35x(infiniti) hardly does it, and is more fuel efficient then the acura(at least in my experience)
Could the type s, be different???

Much regards
Old 01-20-2007, 05:25 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Ive noticed that my 07 type-s does the same thing even after being on for a good while. As ive always known that was a sign that your car is runnin healthy. It would be nice to find out some more on why it does it more than usual.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:49 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I notice this with my 06 TL, never on other cars that I've owned. They all been 4 bangers with regular gas.