Old 07-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 97 Posts
Lollerskates
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by TrustinHFDJ
Well I do not have much information to give out beyond the facts I learned which made me want this vehicle.

1. First and Foremost, as many said the power. It truly isn't that wild, it's roughly 250 whp and do not recall the torque, 286 to the crank; really superior top end. Same as the 4th Gen tl. So it does move really smooth, I have test drove over 40 to be honest over a 8 month period searching for a 3 year lease return, which there were many; high concentration in the Los Angeles area. It will go to 150 mph no problem on flat ground; where the governor kicks in to stop you. I have driven many that have been poorly maintained with dramatic loss of power and therefore cannot reach it's true potential[This is for any of you guys experiencing otherwise]. The motor has great life and longevity, acura has spent far many years on this J block, and failure of the motor should never occur or be an issue IF MAINTAINED. As always if anything really "major" occurs it will involve the transmission if not properly maintained. You can waste your life on the base model, but the true power will appear with the .3 pure based on weight on the front tires, and the boost size of cylinders. I personally prefer the 08 model over the 07, many will disagree, the 07 type s model has too much electronics when it comes down to a tune, and never idols high. The motor senses the humidity, temp, and air flow to allow the motor to run "perfect". The 08 comes with multi-pt injection, giving the most even combustion of gas; which in my eyes is true power and needed once you decide to take your motor to the beyond...

Transmission is Sports sequential shifting; same as those in new porsche's and ferrari's for an example, nothing compared to the base model. It does ad a whopping 200lb difference between AT and MT so you may see why people seek it out, but that is to house a double clutch AT that is stupendous when going 0-100. I could honestly say it is that of a MT w/o the head ache of always having to shift. The MT comes in short shift, I am sure that will get annoying with my location; so I decided to stay away, but I would have taken it if it was available. I would personally convert it if you are so serious, the car is still new and brand new MT are available. I would not suggest using another stock RL or any other J35 transmission, the power of the S j35 is far too much to be having a trans like those. I maybe be wrong, but you will be paying more for damaged parts; personally you should buy the trans and have it fully racing built. ***Transmission mostly actually fail on 3G's because of sensors which also need to be maintained, 2 in AT, and 1 MT withing 125-150K intervals***

2. Handling, and sadly fwd . No true loss, and it is some what sad, and already set up to pre- SH "AWD" compatibilities minus the AWD. THe car has no problem taking turns at upwards of 80 because its long wheel base is to blame for this, the car is virtually hugging the road and the power is into the tires with little body roll and a comfortable ride for all passengers. The car has been converted by many I know to RWD; which is a super +.

3.Misc; it comes with brembo's but you really need front and rear to be complete, it is actually a must with what you need to stop the vehicle once it is momentous. Highly suggest going really wide on tires for most comfort and grip, which is where the hugging comes from in comparison to the dealer HPT I changed out. Technology wise the car is great, and as good as any 2012 vehicle in its class. Wonderful stereo system, even though it is not bose. Love love love the AC, which goes to 65 degrees and that is not exaggerated what so ever, the vehicle can become icy instantly, and also comes with seat warmers depending where you live a great bonus

4. Styling, the S actually has different dimensions than the base TL, for the obvious reasons it needs to have superior aero dynamics as the car is more powerful. It is barely a difference but it actually gives the vehicle a more aggressive look; for any one who truly knows what they are looking at, beyond the lights rear and front and mirror turn signals.

5. Safety, a lot stronger chassis for obvious reasons, all over protection, and actual significant survival rate for crashes on upwards of a 100 mph. Where in most cars you will be dead no way out. The shock absorbing chassis is to thank for this, having folding joints which slightly crush to further distribute impact more evenly; meaning your chasis is almost full proof since most people do not crash going above a 100.

Let me just say you do not buy this car for the technology. This vehicle is all about the motor, dependability, logevity, and performance that Honda Motors has been known for with superior gas technology and also superior for the enviornment. I would have to say fairly that is a wonderful characteristic a company should hold, and with proper builds and electronics honda's are built to last. This vehicle will need to be highly maintained, constantly, for it to maintain proper engine ware and tear.

Opinions, You will not find the manual version; Beyond the fact some rich guy put a 1500+ on top of the sticker price for a hold on the vehicle it looks a lot better than the 4th gen; I like acura's box design. The vehicle is built for peak performance stock, and is designed really well for a daily driver or for your canyon driving. If you really wish to make a true race car and feel the realest thing next to the previous generation NSX; THIS IS YOUR VEHICLE. It is the culmination of the whole generation of acura's line at that very time[2004-2008]; the only thing possibly even close is the 4th gen TL 2nd revision.

Last but not least, let us not forget, this car was built to vs the G37s and also 335; the bmw is turbo too. And defeats IS350, Altima SE"R", GS350 and almost keeps up with the GS400
You are literally too stupid to insult. I don't know where to start...

There have been many ignorant, dumb people on this board but you take the cake. I thought "Manual Transmission" would go down in history as the all time most ignorant poster but you just took that title away. Congrats.
The following 2 users liked this post by I hate cars:
splew (07-20-2012), Undying Dreams (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 03:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
While the new TL-S is a very nice car, it is not the night and day difference between the old TL and TL-S. Lilke others have said the TL 6MT is just as fast to the 60 mark as the TL-S auto (with a competent driver). If I remember correctly the TL-S auto is limited to 137mph....might even be 132 and I thought the reason WAS the auto trans.

Would I get the newer TLS over a same gen TL with Tech? prolly not......
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Drifting

Received 853 Likes on 606 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
You are literally too stupid to insult. I don't know where to start...

There have been many ignorant, dumb people on this board but you take the cake. I thought "Manual Transmission" would go down in history as the all time most ignorant poster but you just took that title away. Congrats.