3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TU2 does not mean reformulated tires!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:57 PM
drug dealer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TU2 does not mean reformulated tires!!!!

Old 04-12-2004, 08:21 PM
drug dealer

I had the TU's and had bad vibrations at 40mph so i had gone to the dealership to complain about the REFORMULATED tires and the service manager tells me that none of the TL's come with the REFORMULATED tires but when a customer complains and the complaint is validated they order the new tires and put them on. The reason simply being to lower costs(they think not everyone will complain and they can save money by not having to ditch all those crappy el-42's in their inventory) I didnt believe this bs story so i contacted Honda Motor co. and Firestone dealer and to my surprise they both validated the service managers story so that said everyone who has the TU's and thought they were REFORMULATED tires THINK again!!! What i finally ended up doing was complain to Firestone and guess what they are much nicer than the Acura customer service and they ended up throwing in 4 free LSZ's. Yup so you should all complain to them not Acura. If you read the Warranty Manual its states clearly that the tires are warranted by Firestone and thats why no one from acura gives a crap. Hope this helps! any ?? contact me.

Deven.
NBP is where the dilly is
cuz all you see is us whizzing
all others are oh just pissing
and all others are well Kissing------OUR A$$ (_)(_)
Old 04-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dshahs
...What i finally ended up doing was complain to Firestone and guess what they are much nicer than the Acura customer service and they ended up throwing in 4 free LSZ's...
How many miles did you have on the old EL42's?
Old 04-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Burning Brakes

I've been told by both Acura and Firestone that I'm SOL because the flat spotting is designed into the tires because of the use of Nylon. Did they have to use Nylon? No, but since Acura is in it for as much profit as possible both companies agreed to using it, even though there are better formulations. Now ask if they care that the flat spot, guess what response they gave me when I asked if they do...
Old 04-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
and guess what they are much nicer than the Acura customer service and they ended up throwing in 4 free LSZ's. If you read the Warranty Manual its states clearly that the tires are warranted by Firestone and thats why no one from acura gives a crap. Hope this helps! any ?? contact me.
Can you provide us with a phone number? or did you go to a local store?

Thanks,

Mike Smeezy
Old 04-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Intermediate

I'm having the new tires put on later this week...

Are you saying that they are just going to put on another set of the same tire that is no different than the set that's already on the car??
Old 04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Question

dshahs,

Way back to Nov/Dec, after complaining to ACS, some ppl, including me, ever tried to reach Bridgestone dealers/Corp., too, we got the answers that their OEM tires coming with new cars of car makers aren't supposed to get so-called full warranty directly from Bridgestone dealers/Corp. All the requests we're concerning should go and ask Acura dealers instead, which would offer limited warranty Acura has agreed with Bridgestone.

But, we did hear some of 04TLers got the swaps, too... they apparently do not have a consistent policy out there.

However, Congratulations. Your efforts pay off and have new tires.

BTW, news of TU2 is really surprising me if everyone in Acura/Bridgestone say so. :o
Old 04-12-2004, 10:57 PM
drug dealer

this is what i know:
I dont have the number but if you call 411 or 1-800-555-1212 and as for firestone Customer Service in chicago you can get the number.
The acura dealer told me that people that they ordered the new tires have not complained but he wasnt going to tell me anything else and that the tires dont have any different numbers to tell them apart from the stock ones. I told Firestone that i had hydroplaned and that if nothing was done and i went back out on the road and hydroplaned that they would have a lawsuit on their hands. They made the right choice. I had 300miles on them. Hope it helps,
Old 04-12-2004, 11:03 PM
drug dealer

the customer service dept in chicago will actually connect you to the nearest firestone dealer and i was able to have a 3 way conversation with the customer serv manager and the nearest firestone dealer manager. took the car in the manager took the car for a spin and concurred with the vibration, did balancing test, spun the wheels to see any visible flatspotting, decrease psi's in the tires and in the end said everything was fine but the flatspotting was still there so destroyed the el's and replaced with the LSZ's since they were the most comprably priced and i had also mentioned to him that i was willing to pay the difference to swap the LSZ's but he didnt charge me saying it was a liability issue??!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Red face

Whatever this TU2 tires are, I'll give them a try... Wish things go smoothly.

Old 04-16-2004, 01:16 AM
drug dealer

Smile no problems with new tires.

Hi rets,
The dealer told me that everyone that has got the so called new tires have had no problem whatsoever. To be honest i do believe them as they never tried to lie to me about the vibration problem when i brought it up. They have always been honest with me so i hope it works out for you
Old 04-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Instructor

no problem yet with EL42

After 6 days of driving with my new TL, the EL42 (3 of them were made on 1004 and 1 made on 1104) feel fine to me, they are quiet, smooth, and balanced and no vibration at all upto 70MPH (I am still taking it easy).
Old 04-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Hi rets,
The dealer told me that everyone that has got the so called new tires have had no problem whatsoever. To be honest i do believe them as they never tried to lie to me about the vibration problem when i brought it up. They have always been honest with me so i hope it works out for you

dshahs & alvon, thanks.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Had mines replaced a week ago. The new EL's are alot smoother than my old tires.

But...the vibrations are still there, just not as bad. At higher speeds 70+ it will still vibrate. A lot less vibrations at lower speeds. I'm wondering if it's the tires or the warm weather?

Regardless, the new tires are much better...in terms of vibrations. My old ones vibrated like crazy.

Bottom line, the new EL's are better, but you will be very dissappointed if you expect all the vibrations to dissappear.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

fsconsult,

Thanks. I always believe our vibration is related to engine/mount/exhaust/tranny instead of tires. Tires may be part of it, but major. :enforcer:
Old 04-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by fsconsult
Had mines replaced a week ago. The new EL's are alot smoother than my old tires.

But...the vibrations are still there, just not as bad. At higher speeds 70+ it will still vibrate. A lot less vibrations at lower speeds. I'm wondering if it's the tires or the warm weather?

Regardless, the new tires are much better...in terms of vibrations. My old ones vibrated like crazy.

Bottom line, the new EL's are better, but you will be very dissappointed if you expect all the vibrations to dissappear.
I'm glad your vibration problem was at least partially resolved. I agree with rets, though, there clearly is a problem with some cars leading to a vibration. Acura's had some months and there's still no resolution. I don't have the problem but nevertheless would like to hear a solution in case it does happen to me...
Old 04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rets
fsconsult,

Thanks. I always believe our vibration is related to engine/mount/exhaust/tranny instead of tires. Tires may be part of it, but major. :enforcer:
neuronbob is right. Some ppl do have serious tires issue causing the terrible vibration... I should correct what I said above...

One of friends has no more complaint about vibration after replacing EL42s by his new Michelins. He's so happy the tire is the simple factor... But, when I test drove his car last month, ha, I found out shimmy and tremble in his steering wheel at my subtle spot (5th/1500RPM/50-55 RPM)... he doesn't think that's the VIBRATION...

IMHO, everyone has the different defination and recognition about Vibration. Hope newbies won't be scared out of here by seeing so many vibration issues...