Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSX Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX Loaner

I just got a TSX loaner and wow, what difference there is between it and the TL. The TSX is certainly more nimble and doesn't have the huge blindspots the TL has, but it felt like a Honda Civic. And it's wierd seeing the speedometer on the right and not in the center of the guages. If Acura expects to be viewed as a real luxury brand, they need to give better loaners. Lexus gives out ES330s, BMW gives out 5-series, and what does Acura give out? A TSX. That's really bad if you're the guy who bought an RL and you have to drive a TSX.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaOnly
I just got a TSX loaner and wow, what difference there is between it and the TL. The TSX is certainly more nimble and doesn't have the huge blindspots the TL has, but it felt like a Honda Civic. And it's wierd seeing the speedometer on the right and not in the center of the guages. If Acura expects to be viewed as a real luxury brand, they need to give better loaners. Lexus gives out ES330s, BMW gives out 5-series, and what does Acura give out? A TSX. That's really bad if you're the guy who bought an RL and you have to drive a TSX.
first gen member here....dunno what the hell you're complainin about...i got a crappy 98 integra as a loaner over the past weekend...was a piece o crap.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:34 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
i've got it like 2-3 times... its fun to drive that lil car
Old 11-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Instructor

I would love to have a TSX as a loaner. The only time when I brought in the TL to be worked on they gave me a Ford Explorer from a rental company. It wasn't bad for a SUV.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Racer

I'm not saying the TSX is terrible, but for a luxury brand, I think they ought to offer better. You would never see Lexus giving someone a rental. Being a luxury player means acting like one.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Advanced

shit if i told you what they gave me you would feel sorry for me
when my 2002 type s transmisson was being replaced.
ok i will tell you first there was a chevy impala had it replace with a pontiac grand prix then they gave me a toyota camry if your wondering why so many cars in that time because all of them had to be brought back because all of them were unsafe to drive which one didnt have breaks and which ones were beeping all over the plus and running off the road oh my god they really did me wrong with loaners when i thought i was gonna have an acura loaner those were loan out already funny i got stuck with crap hey a nice tsx i would of been a wet dream come true after getting them =) hopfully my car doesnt see the shop like my old one has dont even want to see my self in one of those shit box again hey be lucky for you guys who got acura because look what i got stuck with
Old 11-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Instructor

I thought that acura always gives you 1 car lower than yours for a rental. I always get an RSX if they have one when I take mine in for serviceg. So TL owners get a TSX and an RL owner would get a TL.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I took an ML320 in for service and they gave me C230. How's Mercedes stack up as a luxury brand? In the dealer's defense they said that was the only loaner they had left.

Imagine my despair to see a Maybach sitting there while I drove off in a dinky Merc.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
There's nothing wrong with a TSX... I'd love to have one for a loaner. I always get stuck with an '02 or '03 RL.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:13 PM
04 remembrance

"TSX felt like a Civic"

That probably is the worst comment anybody has ever given.

iamhomin, who's loaners were 03 tl-s, tsx, envoy, pathfinder, and lincoln ls.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Advanced

TSX is too light and its totally different than the tl. I rather have an RL then tsx
Old 11-17-2004, 12:09 AM
Racer

Stop bitching of what you got. Be happy you got something.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:43 AM
TL Asian GAL!!!

Your consider lucky since I have brought my car in twice and got the EL twice. They don't give out TSX for loaners here in Vancouver Canada!!!! Cheap Ass!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 06:59 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Since I usually bash the TSX, it is only fair to agree with this post - I too had an old RL as a loaner - what a P.O.S.!! Obviously it was abused and beat on pretty good - but I was not impressed at all. TSX was much better to drive - and you know how I feel about the TSX.

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
There's nothing wrong with a TSX... I'd love to have one for a loaner. I always get stuck with an '02 or '03 RL.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:19 AM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Stop bitching of what you got. Be happy you got something.

I have my TL , and I wona drive TL , not to keep it in a dealer shop, and drive somthing else.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Drifting

I was given a TSX about 5 different times as a loaner and while I can't complain because I've heard of others driving worse loaners I sorely missed my TL-S before the end of the day. The most I'd pay for it was $20k, definitely not what they were asking back then. I think I quickly got use to the room in the TL-S and solid feeling. Because when I got in the TSX it just felt smaller, quality of leather wasn't that great and it brought back memories of driving the four banger! I'm sure the TSX blows the pants off of its competitors in its class but it certainly shouldn't be compared to a TL. Two different cars and classes. What will be intersting to see is how long this mid-price sedan will stay in the Acura line-up?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I got a second-generation TL as a loaner the one time I needed a loaner (the car has only been in twice). I was glad they didn't try to stick me with an Integra or RSX, but I wasn't too impressed with the older TL. Made me appreciate mine all the more. My father has a new TSX and a 1999 or 2000 RL (I don't remember when he got it, but he got it used), and based on driving those I would say that if I had a choice of loaner car of the second-generation TL, the TSX, or his RL, I would take the TSX any day.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:48 AM
Advanced

I had an 1998 Jaguar XJ8L, the dealer always offered to rent me a car at a discount! Now that is bad! For my Lexus GS300 I had before my TL, Lexus gave out either RX300 or ES300.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Bears Rule!(Well, kinda')

Dude....they've had my care for 5 days now to get rattles fixed and I'm in a Chevy Malibu -- rental from Enterprise down the street. I don't care what i"m in...I just want my f$%)(*& car fixed correctly and I'm not taking it back until it is! They can pay for my rental until the cows come home. Simple as that....
Old 11-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Instructor

Right On!!!

Originally Posted by Mindworm
Dude....they've had my care for 5 days now to get rattles fixed and I'm in a Chevy Malibu -- rental from Enterprise down the street. I don't care what i"m in...I just want my f$%)(*& car fixed correctly and I'm not taking it back until it is! They can pay for my rental until the cows come home. Simple as that....

This is my first Acura, (previous was a Honda Odyssey) and before that were a string of Ford products. Ford was the same way, they "offered you" one of their rentals if the car was going to be in for over a day, or if you needed wheels for the day of servicing. And most of that servicing was on recalls for the vehicle I had bought and paid for. Cheapass
Ford.

TL42
Old 11-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Mindworm
my dealership did that to me when I brought my car in... fawkers
Old 11-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Racer

I just dropped my TL off for service and for the first time (out of four) I did not get a TL to dsrive, and that was because I requested a TSX, kinda curious about it. My dealership ( Acura Carland in Atlanta) just changed the loaner program though, they now charge $8 flat fee for a loaner, everyone kept bringing there loaner cars back with no gas so they decided a $8 charge would be sufficiant to keep the loaner program going. I always refilled the tank before but now, its going back where the gauge sits. If I get the car back today it may have 40 miles more on it than when I got it.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:31 AM
GOLDEN NUGGET

Loaner

I Got A Second Gen Tl That Had Such Bad Rotors On It I Thought The Car Was Bouncing As I Braked. What A Piece Of Crap. It Was Black In And Out And It Smelled. It Also Had A Huge Banner On The Back Window Screaming That It Was A Loaner.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Every time I have went to the dealership to get service, majority of the time they have given me the TL...sometimes though, I request a MDX or a TSX...it's fun to drive different cars once in a while...my dealership is great at that!!! they definitely work with you...and the TSX isn't BAD or anything...ya it could use more power but it handles pretty decent and ride isn't that bad...not like the TL but still...but I understand where you are coming from, that they must really provide "luxury" like Lexus does...but from my personal experience, it's not bad at all...I don't mind driving different cars once in a while
Old 11-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro

It's a loaner.....let it be. I didn't buy my TL or and Acura based on what type of "loaner" car I would get if needed.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:16 PM
8th Gear

I just brought my car in today (getting the A-Spec Package installed ) and I got a Dodge Neon as my loaner - no worries though!! Can't wait to get my car back - very excited.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Banned

I actually liked th TSX. It rode a little sportier than the TL. But the interior and stereo sucked ass. But I do see your point about the loaner. G35 owners around here get another G35 or FX35.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Have a TSX loaner with almost 20k on it. I was truly shocked when I drove this car. Aside from the obvious loaner abuse - scratches, funky smell, etc., the front rotors are so bad the wheel almost comes out of your hands when braking from over 30mph. The real shock though was how lame this car is. It can't get out of it's own way off the line. I'm sure having a manual tranny is a huge difference. Once up about 50mph or so, it does have some long legs, but nothing that impressive... and certainly nothing that would compensate for its horrible acceleration.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:08 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Originally Posted by TLover
I actually liked th TSX. It rode a little sportier than the TL . But the interior and stereo sucked ass. But I do see your point about the loaner. G35 owners around here get another G35 or FX35.

and A6 get another A6 or better.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:28 AM
Old fart

Old 11-18-2004, 05:44 AM
Acurazine Addict

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
I still got love for ya.
The TSX isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. It has its' own perks just as the TL does.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Old fart

Originally Posted by da_illist_onE
I still got love for ya.
The TSX isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. It has its' own perks just as the TL does.

both cars are definately different...
Old 11-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by da_illist_onE

Each car has a different place in the hierarchy and may be entirely appropriate for different uses. My father could have gotten a TL, but he bought a TSX to replace his 1991 Accord because he wanted something for commuting and running about town, not something he would also take on longer trips (he has an RL for that)--plus the TL is too big for his parking space at the office. He said that when it comes time to replace my mother's 1996 Volvo he would get a TL for her (she seemed skeptical until she rode in mine, although she still had to ask me whether they sell it with an automatic!)

IMO, the TSX is a more appropriate choice for dealers to use as a loaner car for a couple of reasons, most notably that it's easier for drivers of the smaller cars to adjust to it. You know what I mean when I say you get used to sitting in a certain point in the lane and when you drive a bigger car it's hard to adjust? (I had a hell of a time going from a 1982 Accord to a 1986 Legend--I was always too far right in the lane--not a good thing on a road like the Belt Parkway!) From the standpoint of offering the car that is easiest for most customers, and less expensive for Acura to use as a loaner, while not being too low-grade for TL and RL owners, the TSX would seem logical, although I concede that there is something to be said for using the nicer cars so that they can serve as sales tools.