Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRUE white 9LED lights from tec-toyz...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:09 PM
now with four rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRUE white 9LED lights from tec-toyz...

just thought i'd do a little free advertising for brian at tec-toyz, but first let me start with a recent experience with him...

it's been almost a year since i bought my 8 white 9LED lights from him...all of them look awesome in my TL and haven't failed once...they give off a blueish/purple tint, which i think looks great...

about a month ago, i noticed one of the lights in my dome light wasn't on...i tried rotating it, different socket, etc., but nothing...so i emailed brian, explaining my situation...he was going through a lot of stuff at the time, so i heard from him about a week and a half later or so...he told me to send in the bulb that wasn't turning on so he could look at it...apparently one of the little connectors inside the bulb came loose along with the wire on the connector-side of the bulb...i received my new bulb (free of charge) from brian yesterday and it works great...the whole process from noticing the light was bad to receiving my new one took about a month and brian was very courteous and helpful the entire time...

now to get back on topic...the light i received isn't the same blueish/purple tint white light i originally bought...and i'm not complaining about it either...i think it looks great and is the first one i've seen that is a TRUE white color with no tint from tec-toyz...i don't know if others have received this from him before...from what i've seen everyone has said that the white lights they've received from tec-toyz have a tint to them, including myself...but the new one i received is straight white...i'll post a pic or two later when i get a chance so you can see the difference, but i wanted to let others know that a true white color is available from tec-toyz...well, i assume it's available anyways...
Old 02-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Where'd you get the reverse lights and license plate lights, i want them. Are the reverse lights brighter than the stock ones? I replace mine with 9LEDS from brian but the are tinted purple and dont light up shit compared to the stockies i think i mighta got a bad set. I like the license plates ones too, are they the 3watt 1 leds?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
now with four rings

i got the reverse lights off of ebay...they are definitely brighter than the stock ones and give off a pure white shine...no tint...and they're made by xenon...just search for 'xenon 921' on ebay...the bulb itself has a purpleish color but it shines white...

my license plate lights are the same lights as my interior ones: white 9LED lights from tec-toyz...they have the tint of blue/purple to them, but you can't really tell when they shine on the license plate...only on the interior of the car...
Old 02-21-2007, 02:58 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I am also a Tec-Toyz customer and am very happy. As for tint color, my observation is that the LEDs had a noticable purple tinge to it when I 1st bought them. Many who had seen them at that time (4 months ago) agreed. Not that they looked bad, I would have preferred a more bluish tone (HIDish)

Now I feel like they have faded and become more subtle. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or maybe I was just getting used to the color of the light. I've asked numerous friends who get in the car at night now if they notice any color namely purple in the lights. None of them see any purplish to them. So maybe the color changes more whitish as they age?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread might interest you guys

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151137
Old 02-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Unofficial Goat

Rimz are they theses ones http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...spagenameZWDVW
or these ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTEC-...spagenameZWDVW

these are the only 2 i found when searching for xenon 921,
thanks
Old 02-21-2007, 09:25 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by The Dougler
Rimz are they theses ones http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...spagenameZWDVW
or these ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTEC-...spagenameZWDVW

these are the only 2 i found when searching for xenon 921,
thanks
they both look like mine, except that first link is EXACTLY like the auction i bought mine from...and the same price nonetheless...only difference was the auction i got mine from sold them separately, so i bought 3 of them for $7.50 including shipping...but that is the EXACT bulb i have as my reverse lights and trunk light...
Old 02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
looking good
here's mine...9LEDs from tec-toyz

Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 PM
East Coast Crew

Originally Posted by drigo
looking good
here's mine...9LEDs from tec-toyz

What is that long dangling thing? It looks hot.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
it's a cross
Old 02-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Unofficial Goat

just pulled the trigger on those, how'd you get the 921 bulb in for the trunk light, i thought it was of a different size?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by The Dougler
just pulled the trigger on those, how'd you get the 921 bulb in for the trunk light, i thought it was of a different size?
yeah, if i remember right, it's a slightly different size, but the 921 JUST fit in there...if it was 1mm bigger, it probably wouldn't have, but it did...it gets a little warmer than the stock one, but i would only worry about heat if you plan on having your trunk open for more than a half hour...i keep the trunk open while i unload groceries to my house and haven't had a problem...plus it brightens up the trunk...