Sponsored by:

Trivia Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 11:58 AM
DNA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trivia Questions

While I'm waiting for my TL (two more weeks), I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone has answers to:[list=1][*]Do you have to change the micron filter (climate control system)? If so, how often? Is it available only through Acura? How much does it cost?[*]The brochure says the TL has 4-way adjustable front head rests. There's Up/Down. That's 2 ways. What is the other direction and how is that controlled?[*]The brochure and on-line spec says there's 10-way power driver seat. There's Up/Down, seat forward/back, back recline forward/back, and lumbar in/out. That's 8. What are the other two?[*]The brochure says there are two 12V outlets. One is in the armrest storage, where is the other?[*]Any idea what the switch-blank just to the right of the outside mirror selector is/was for?[*]How much projection does the wheel lock accessory provide? Wouldn't any self-respecting auto-thief have the tool to take them off? (In other words, should I buy this? Or can I get non-Acura ones a lot cheaper?[*]Anyone ever use a car cover more than the first couple weeks they had the car? Does putting a car cover on a car that already has some dust on it scratch the paint? Is a cheap one (say from Costco) good enough?[/list=1]
Old 10-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Trivia Questions

Originally posted by DNA
While I'm waiting for my TL (two more weeks), I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone has answers to:[list=1][*]Do you have to change the micron filter (climate control system)? If so, how often? Is it available only through Acura? How much does it cost?[*]The brochure says the TL has 4-way adjustable front head rests. There's Up/Down. That's 2 ways. What is the other direction and how is that controlled?[*]The brochure and on-line spec says there's 10-way power driver seat. There's Up/Down, seat forward/back, back recline forward/back, and lumbar in/out. That's 8. What are the other two?[*]The brochure says there are two 12V outlets. One is in the armrest storage, where is the other?[*]Any idea what the switch-blank just to the right of the outside mirror selector is/was for?[*]How much projection does the wheel lock accessory provide? Wouldn't any self-respecting auto-thief have the tool to take them off? (In other words, should I buy this? Or can I get non-Acura ones a lot cheaper?[*]Anyone ever use a car cover more than the first couple weeks they had the car? Does putting a car cover on a car that already has some dust on it scratch the paint? Is a cheap one (say from Costco) good enough?[/list=1]
The Micron filter should be changed at 15k. Don't know the cost. I would only use the Acura filter.

The headrest will also adjust forwards and backwards. Manual.

I think the the other two adjustments for the seats is the angle of the seat bottom which can be adjusted. Could this also be the the diffrent heat levels?

There are two outlets. One in the lower compartment in front of the shifter and in the armrest storage compartment.

Have no idea what the blank is for.

The locks would be better than no protection at all. Don't know about getting non-acura parts that would work.

I don't know anything about using a cover since I garage mine.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:50 PM
DNA
Instructor

Re: Re: Trivia Questions

Originally posted by HacksawHilliard
The headrest will also adjust forwards and backwards. Manual.

I think the the other two adjustments for the seats is the angle of the seat bottom which can be adjusted. Could this also be the the diffrent heat levels?

I don't know anything about using a cover since I garage mine.
Thanks. I'm curious about moving the headrest for/aft. When I was at the dealers a couple weeks ago I tried to find a headrest adjustment for that. Where is it?

As far as the seat goes, I remember three switches. One that moved just for/aft for the lumbar, one in the middle that moved left-right and up-down, and one on the other side that also moved for/aft. That would be 8-ways. I wouldn't think heat would be considered a 2-way seat adjustment. Maybe it is an error in their spec. At one time they said the lumbar was 4-way which doesn't appear to be the case.

I have a garage at home but try as I might, I'm not able to get my employer to garage my car at work. Even the CEO's car sits out in the hot Palo Alto sun all day.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Trivia Questions

Originally posted by DNA
Thanks. I'm curious about moving the headrest for/aft. When I was at the dealers a couple weeks ago I tried to find a headrest adjustment for that. Where is it?

As far as the seat goes, I remember three switches. One that moved just for/aft for the lumbar, one in the middle that moved left-right and up-down, and one on the other side that also moved for/aft. That would be 8-ways. I wouldn't think heat would be considered a 2-way seat adjustment. Maybe it is an error in their spec. At one time they said the lumbar was 4-way which doesn't appear to be the case.

I have a garage at home but try as I might, I'm not able to get my employer to garage my car at work. Even the CEO's car sits out in the hot Palo Alto sun all day.
I just checked the head rests and they only move up and down. You can pull up on them so they tilt forward a little but I'm not sure that's an adjustment feature. I must have been thinking about my old 330i.

The switch that moves the seat forward backwards will also adjust the tilt/angle of the entire seat.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

You will find the 9th and 10th seat adjustment right next to the side mirror directional indicators mentioned in the TL advertisment. Ie...there arent any.

When I drove the 04 TL I didnt think I had a problem tilting the head rest...but I have always thought of Hillard as a smart person, so I find myself doubting it actually does.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Mav
You will find the 9th and 10th seat adjustment right next to the side mirror directional indicators mentioned in the TL advertisment. Ie...there arent any.

Actually, I think the tilting of the seat forward and backward counts as the 9th and 10th adjustment. I'm not talking about the seat back which has it's own tilt forward or backward adjustment
Old 10-27-2003, 08:25 PM
DNA
Instructor

Actually, I think the tilting of the seat forward and backward counts as the 9th and 10th adjustment.
Is there a separate adjustment for that? Or is it combined with another seat adjustment. It has been over 3 weeks since my test ride and I can't remember how that worked.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trivia Questions

The switch that moves the seat forward/backwards will also adjust the tilt/angle of the entire seat.
See my answer above.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Advanced

1,2 the seat back angle; 3,4 seat cushion foward and back; 5,6 front of seat cushion up down; 7,8 the back of the seat cushion up down; 9,10 lumbar in out. Headrest which is manual 1,2 up down; 3,4 pull foward, push back.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Racer

Originally posted by LSIII
1,2 the seat back angle; 3,4 seat cushion foward and back; 5,6 front of seat cushion up down; 7,8 the back of the seat cushion up down; 9,10 lumbar in out. Headrest which is manual 1,2 up down; 3,4 pull foward, push back.
The button that moves the seat cushion back and forth (3,4) will also adjust the tilt angle of the seat cushion.

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who knows about this. :wow:
Old 10-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Advanced

HAcksaw...what I'm saying 7,8 is; is what you are referring to.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Racer

Originally posted by LSIII
HAcksaw...what I'm saying 7,8 is; is what you are referring to.
You're right. I must have glossed over that. My apologies.