Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Hitch??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Mud Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer Hitch??????

Probably a stupid question.... but, Is there a place or even a way to install an inexpensive tempary trailer hitch to our new TLs? I am moving my car and my RS Warrior motorcycle to Pheonix and want to just put a small light weight uhual trailer behind my car so i can make the move cheaply and in 1 trip. I was thinking maybe just pull the big behind the TL. Its about 580 pounds for the bike. Is this a definate No Go? Any advice? Thanks guys. BEN
Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Mud Man

Sorry, major repost after some searching. Afetr reading previous posts, looks like the answer is a big No. Mods could you please delete my thread? Sorry Guys- BEN
Old 11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Trailer Hitch

Almost any vehicle can be fitted with a trailer package.. If you want, you can buy it have it re- finished in the colore of your choice, at a body/paint shop, then have it installed.

Yes, you can tow with the TL . If you have a local Uhaul nearby, go to the Manager and find out about his hitch Pro... the install Tech .... Interview them for qualifications. Go or no based on the response.

You can also look up and see the hitch and wiring in graphics, install instructions and flat rate for your TL on www.Etrailer.com , www.Hitchweb.com or any of the major manufacturers. All sites will send you or link you to installation instructions, and www.drawtite.com has an vehicle electrical link that shows electrical harness installation and instructions. The Acura and Honda Quick- connect wiring systems are interchangeable, the instructions point out its' trunk location.

The sites are excellent resource sites for aftermarket hitches . Your owners manual will tell you the TL's max tow capacity.Check the towing regs and hints for your state.. Fed sites offer free tow tips and brochures.

We have installed them, They look better than most when installed correctly, and you are able to use it for racks, and towing as well. The TL is a simple one to complete.

BK