Total Luxury Care info.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004 | 11:37 AM
Instructor

Total Luxury Care info.

Has anyone needed to call Acura Roadside Asst. that is included with Total Lux. care?

What services do they offer?

Cost?

Service quality?
Old 06-24-2004 | 11:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dips009
Has anyone needed to call Acura Roadside Asst. that is included with Total Lux. care?

Cost?

Service quality?
I've only used them for towing services. In that respect it works like AAA. There's a number on your windows. You call that number, someone very nice and courtious talks to you about your problem, and then they call the nearest towing company (or one in their network or something). And walla, a tow truck comes to pick up your car. You pay nothing. I used them 4 times and truck came within a half hour.
Old 06-24-2004 | 11:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Big Ped
I've only used them for towing services. In that respect it works like AAA. There's a number on your windows. You call that number, someone very nice and courtious talks to you about your problem, and then they call the nearest towing company (or one in their network or something). And walla, a tow truck comes to pick up your car. You pay nothing. I used them 4 times and truck came within a half hour.

lol...........not my experience.

Sunday night....about 3 weeks ago i had my first flat tire. I just wanted help with changing the tire so I called the acura care.....a lady with a stick up her ass talking to me like "we can't get anyone off the bed, its 2am and we can't find anyone" ...I am like what kinda 24hr service is that? and she says "DO YOU WANT ME TO HELP YOU OR WHAT?" thats when i realized...."oh yeah.....acura will never be a luxury ...or near luxury with this kind of service....i mean its not "road side assistance".....its "total luxury care" right? i expected a little more from them. Well she told me she got somebody after holding on the phone for 1/2 an hour...(that was a long wait) and then tells me somone will be there in about hour and a half.......I told her ok and told my girl we are gonna have to try to do it. I had some beer and i really was tired...i just wanted to get this done and go home. I am sure everyone here can understand my frustration. Took me an hour to get the damn spare on. That manual jack doesn't really do anything. Me and my girl worked our ass off fitting the spare on.....it took alot of work....literally.

the fuckup thing is I get a call from TLC telling me they never showed....HUH!....she was worried that I was stuck there all night......

think twice about acura service....at all levels were disappointing so far.......

thanks for listening to my grunt......

-james
Old 06-24-2004 | 12:01 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by dips009

Cost?

Service quality?
Yea, get this - my first night I picked up my TL. I think they must have had to jump it when the dealer located it at another dealership and it never got a full charge, and when I got it home, I was out in the garage loading up CD's playing with the radio etc. Maybe for an hour. I had the key 2 clicks forward instead of on Accessory and next thing you know - she was dead. Called the 24hr # after calling dealership and tearing them a new one. Local towing guy came out and jumped it. No charge, nothing. Never saw any paperwork or bill etc.
Old 06-24-2004 | 03:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DARK6mt
lol...........not my experience.

Sunday night....about 3 weeks ago i had my first flat tire. I just wanted help with changing the tire so I called the acura care.....a lady with a stick up her ass talking to me like "we can't get anyone off the bed, its 2am and we can't find anyone" ...I am like what kinda 24hr service is that? and she says "DO YOU WANT ME TO HELP YOU OR WHAT?" thats when i realized...."oh yeah.....acura will never be a luxury ...or near luxury with this kind of service....i mean its not "road side assistance".....its "total luxury care" right? i expected a little more from them. Well she told me she got somebody after holding on the phone for 1/2 an hour...(that was a long wait) and then tells me somone will be there in about hour and a half.......I told her ok and told my girl we are gonna have to try to do it. I had some beer and i really was tired...i just wanted to get this done and go home. I am sure everyone here can understand my frustration. Took me an hour to get the damn spare on. That manual jack doesn't really do anything. Me and my girl worked our ass off fitting the spare on.....it took alot of work....literally.

the fuckup thing is I get a call from TLC telling me they never showed....HUH!....she was worried that I was stuck there all night......

think twice about acura service....at all levels were disappointing so far.......

thanks for listening to my grunt......

-james
Sorry to hear that James. That is a sad story. New car, smells like leather, nice stereo, the night is right with your girl and then suddenly that happens and then you have to leave all that luxury behind. The part that sucks is that you and your girl had to get your hands dirty.

I haven't used them in LA since I've been here. The four times I used TLC was in NYC. I think maybe because its such a metropolitan city that there are more towing places that are open 24 hours. The longest wait time was about 40 minutes for me.
Old 06-24-2004 | 06:22 PM
Team SSM Queen

I kept AAA - just in case.
Old 07-03-2007 | 08:55 PM
Racer

how long are CPO vehicles covered for? with the acura care?
Old 07-03-2007 | 09:29 PM
Senior Moderator

i used acura roadside once when the battery in my 05 went out. service tech was out to my house 45 minutes from the time i made the initial call and roadside service rep was professional and clean. afterwards, acura called and made sure i was happy and satisfied.
Old 07-04-2007 | 08:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lil12002
how long are CPO vehicles covered for? with the acura care?
????????????????????????
Old 07-04-2007 | 09:30 PM
06 Anthracite TL

I agree with having AAA coverage supplemental to the TLC offered by Acura. You can never tell if the coverage offered by car companies is spotty depending on where you are at the time of need. I have a similar plan for my bike through HRC (Honda Rider's Club)- I had a dead battery recently (I'm thankful it occurred not too far from my house), and called HRC. After ~ a total of an hour on the phone on a few calls back and forth, I was basically told by the HRC rep that I was SOL (although the rep didn't use that term), and no one in a 75 mile radius of where I was at could help me. I had to park the bike in a local business (I'm grateful to the owners who let me store the bike on their property), had my wife pick me up, and brought a new battery to the bike the next day. I will not renew the HRC membership.

Also, as much of a PIA it is to change a tire, it is always good to know how to get yourself out of some basic jams, including the tire change (although I know some things can't be fixed roadside). I would rather change the tire myself ( and spend maybe 15 minutes on the side of the road) vs. being at the mercy of TLC or AAA (which could potentially take hours).
Old 07-04-2007 | 09:31 PM
06 Anthracite TL

To DARK6mt, you definitely need to complain to Acura Client Services. The way your situation was handled was completely unacceptable.