Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toronto to Gatlinburg

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Toronto to Gatlinburg

We have just returned from our first LONG road trip in our '04 TL. All I can say is what a great car this is. We live in an area of Canada know as the Golden Horseshoe, (from Niagara Falls around the lake to Hamilton, and then on thru to Toronto) which is on most days nothing but bumper to bumper (well, it seems like it most days) traffic with no real room to open up and enjoy this great car.

We travelled across the border thru Buffalo to Erie, Pa, and then south on 79 into West Virgina to Beckley, taking the Route 19 into Beckley.

We have travelled this route many times but this time we had the TL. I was smiling from ear to ear. Once we got past the traffic around the major urban areas, it was time to open her up and let her run within bounds, of course. These roads were made for driving and enjoying the beautiful countryside they go through. South of Beckley, we then hooked up with I-77 through Viginia to its junction with I-81 west towards Knoxville, for our final destination stop in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. This car loves to run. I have yet to work out the gas milage, but I know that it was better than I expected. The weather was terrific, so we did not have to use the A/C at all. The travel through the mountains was effortless, with gobs of power in reserve for passing when required, even on some of those seemingly endless uphill runs in West Virginia.

Needless to say, I am itching to get back on the road again and just drive.

As a sidenote, during the entire 1 week trip, I only counted seeing 5 other TL's the entire trip. This car sure draws it's share of stares too. Looking forward to visiting in the States again soon.

TL42 - Gord (sorry MODS if this in in the wrong area.. move if necessary)
Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
04TL/SSM/Quartz/AT/Navi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip! Being from Buffalo originally, I know the route. What kind of MPG did you get? I've been getting around 33-34 on the highway (8,000 miles on my TL). And that is without the climate control on Auto (probably 2-3 less MPG with it on, is my guess).
Old 04-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Using AC is more efficient then driving with the windows down(tested on mythbusters, great show). I don't know why acura advertizes there highway MPG so low, is there a reason for that?