Top 10 list of things I won't miss about my 04 TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009 | 07:51 AM
Under construction

Old 05-14-2009 | 08:07 AM
My baby's ride...

Originally Posted by ARX-01b
I'm certainly not raggin on the TL. It was a very good car. I probably should have taken more time with the purchase as I did rush it a bit but never had buyer's remorse. I really wanted a WDP 6mt with nav, but the only one in the country was in L.A. 3000 miles away and the dealer did not want to fool with a dealer trade, so NBP it was.

I would have liked to get an 07 MDX Touring my perfect car, but it was about $12k more than I wanted to spend, so I did opt for our 2nd Gen 1 MDX. It's a 2006 WDP that I paid cash for and even though it does not have all the bells and whistles that the TL had, it does address most if not all my gripes about the TL.
I had an 05 MDX Touring which I replace cause the suspension was too soft. Other than that, it was a very nice ride. If they had the Sports package for that year, I would still have it. I liked the Navi on the MDX more so than on the TL. And no visibality issues. Leather seats were crappier though. Nice pick up.
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:52 PM
Vroooom!!!

Originally Posted by EcKoHeD72
U really don't like the navi? I like acura's setup a lot better then most factory navi's that I've used...
It's not the setup that gets me, it is the grainy resolution especially seeing as how the screen is capable of displaying better. Look at the map on a Toyota/Lexus navi and you immediately see what I mean. I like our setup since we can input addresses on the fly. Others make you pull over and stop. The TL is still a great car.
Old 05-14-2009 | 02:11 PM
Scuba_Steve

Originally Posted by RC51Ryder
It's not the setup that gets me, it is the grainy resolution especially seeing as how the screen is capable of displaying better. Look at the map on a Toyota/Lexus navi and you immediately see what I mean. I like our setup since we can input addresses on the fly. Others make you pull over and stop. The TL is still a great car.
Old 05-14-2009 | 03:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ARX-01b
OK....the real reason I ditched the TL, was that I grew tired of shifting.
There's something to be said for automatics in heavy traffic areas for sure!!
Old 05-14-2009 | 03:17 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Get a new Camaro SS.. the auto version beat out the MT in 0-60.. just 0.1s off on the 1/4.. and it's 30k base sticker.. add $6k for wheels & leather..
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:17 PM
Advanced

10. Soft paint, chips to easy (Ok, maybe true)
9. Dash always looks bad no matter what you put on it (You must be a dirty guy, mines great)
8. Rattles, wind noise (Nope, just you)
7. Nighthawk Black Pearl. What was I thinking? (NHB = best looking color besides white)
6. Brembo Brakes $200 a set. Ouch. (Well thats life)
5. This car eats tires, especially big expensive performance tires (I use Eagle GT's and i dont have that problem)
4. Poor quality leather ( .....what)
3. Hard to get in and out of, especially the back seat (How big are you, maybe a diet would help)
2. Back seat won't fold down (and your point is... )
1. A-pillar blind spot is huge from my seating position ( Go buy a motorcycle)
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rnader
9. Dash always looks bad no matter what you put on it (You must be a dirty guy, mines great)
8. Rattles, wind noise (Nope, just you)
7. Nighthawk Black Pearl. What was I thinking? (NHB = best looking color besides white)
6. Brembo Brakes $200 a set. Ouch. (Well thats life)
5. This car eats tires, especially big expensive performance tires (I use Eagle GT's and i dont have that problem)
4. Poor quality leather ( .....what)
3. Hard to get in and out of, especially the back seat (How big are you, maybe a diet would help)
2. Back seat won't fold down (and your point is... )
1. A-pillar blind spot is huge from my seating position ( Go buy a motorcycle)
You have a lot of lip for only owning the TL for a month.. and what the fk is NHB.. fial
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Majofo
You have a lot of lip for only owning the TL for a month.. and what the fk is NHB.. fial
+1 dont dish it out it u dont even know the propper color code for your car... and its NBP btw
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:58 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Originally Posted by Majofo
  • aluminum interior trim that scratches if you stare too hard..
  • and camel interior that attracts more dirt than a hoover..
The aluminum does scratch easily. I keep thinking about replacing mine and putting a clearbra on it, lol.

Why are you on the Acura lovers forum if you hate your car so much? Sounds like you need a G35 and some therapy.

I'm considering making canada sucks my signature. What do you think? I did some research and here is what I learned about Canada:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnEpGkTVkac
http://www.canadiansexacts.org/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdD0j6wmMNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTIGhdeqw0k
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6092503AAMgFiS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_r8OkkUzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFs5l9K--7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSYipouABI
http://www.guyforceshiswifetodressin...hreeyears.com/
Old 05-14-2009 | 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by xen-cuts
The aluminum does scratch easily. I keep thinking about replacing mine and putting a clearbra on it, lol.

Why are you on the Acura lovers forum if you hate your car so much? Sounds like you need a G35 and some therapy.

I'm considering making canada sucks my signature. What do you think? I did some research and here is what I learned about Canada:
lol.. I don't hate the TL.. I love it, not as much as my MDX but I love cruising in it and part of the reason I love it is because I always have an excuse to work on it. I don't think the OP hates the TL either.. if the TL didn't have as many qualms I definitely wouldn't be as active on Azine..

I don't have my speakers on but blame canada is classic.. I'll check'em out tomorrow.. and I'm not from Canada.. lol..

I bought some used center trim pieces from CarrieLynn.. I've redone a couple in a beaten copper and gloss black. They look real good. I'm going to try and refinish another one OE style but it won't be like new because it's stamped aluminum. I may post up pics as a DIY thread just to start some ideas and so other members can post up their refinished pieces. I've seen a few members do this already.

oh yeah I forgot...

• failed heater control valve
  • broken a/c vent vane tab
  • brake switch / 3rd brake light
future gripes

• failed app sensor
  • slipping tranny / 3rd & 4th clutch pressure sensors
  • motor mounts
Old 05-15-2009 | 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rnader
9. Dash always looks bad no matter what you put on it (You must be a dirty guy, mines great) Sorry not dirty. Dash was splotchy from the get go. Acura knows about the problem and came up with a lame TSB that did not work.
8. Rattles, wind noise (Nope, just you) Had them fixed but it took multiple trips to the dealership to correct
7. Nighthawk Black Pearl. What was I thinking? (NHB = best looking color besides white) looks like shit 20 minutes after it's washed sorry I don't have the time to wash a car every morning before I set off to work
6. Brembo Brakes $200 a set. Ouch. (Well thats life) Sure is. But I can say I still don't see the point. They are not that much better than the automatics
5. This car eats tires, especially big expensive performance tires I use Eagle GT's and i dont have that problem[/B]) Eagle GT's not quite the same league as Pilot Sports and are you running a 255/40/18? I enjoyed the twisties and freeway ramps and certainly know what this car is capable of. Maybe you should give it a try. I still didn't like the $1200 bill for tires each spring. Oh, and it might not hurt to read the previous posts so you can better understand.
4. Poor quality leather ( .....what) you'll see
3. Hard to get in and out of, especially the back seat (How big are you, maybe a diet would help) 6'3 215 Maybe if you were taller than 5' you'd know what I mean about the back seat. Front seat B pillar is in the way.
2. Back seat won't fold down (and your point is... ) My point is I'd prefer that it did. Do you have a learning disability?
1. A-pillar blind spot is huge from my seating position Go buy a motorcycle Again if you are only 5' tall you may not have this problem. If your seating position is all the way back by the B pillar the A pillar may not present a problem for you, but resulted in some close calls over the five years of ownership. Whole cars can be blocked from view.
>

Last edited by ARX-01b; 05-15-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-15-2009 | 08:30 AM

ARX what's your next ride?
Old 05-15-2009 | 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator

ok , enough.