Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took my car in to the dealer...scratched an curbed ftl

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Took my car in to the dealer...scratched an curbed ftl

I swear, I always have the worst luck with this shit. So I picked up my car today from Chevy Chase Acura, and I noticed the first problem. 3 pretty decent sized knicks on my front wheel! I was beyond heated, so I went inside to talk to my service advisor. Its like they were just WAITING for me to come in and tell them, because after I did, they were *SO* willing to fix it. Anyways, I get in my car and leave. I get home to fix the shitty carwash I got (there was literally wet dirt all over the car...its like they just sprinkled my dirty car with water) and as I was fixing that...I discovered about 4 to 5 groups of scratches on my left side...one on the driver side door, 2 on the passenger door, and the whole rear quarter panel is f*cked up. I'm pretty sure my miles went back too, because when I dropped the car in im pretty sure it was at 29,531 and now its at 29,528 I'm going to take the car in tomorrow to get "looked at"
Old 04-18-2007, 10:14 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
yo chevy chase quality has gone down in quality terribly since 2004. start heading out to tischer or say eff the dealer, and diy

but yeah, dude, sucks man
Old 04-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
next time take it to a dealer that isnt named after a tool
Old 04-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by JJaber06
I swear, I always have the worst luck with this shit. So I picked up my car today from Chevy Chase Acura, and I noticed the first problem. 3 pretty decent sized knicks on my front wheel! I was beyond heated, so I went inside to talk to my service advisor. Its like they were just WAITING for me to come in and tell them, because after I did, they were *SO* willing to fix it. Anyways, I get in my car and leave. I get home to fix the shitty carwash I got (there was literally wet dirt all over the car...its like they just sprinkled my dirty car with water) and as I was fixing that...I discovered about 4 to 5 groups of scratches on my left side...one on the driver side door, 2 on the passenger door, and the whole rear quarter panel is f*cked up. I'm pretty sure my miles went back too, because when I dropped the car in im pretty sure it was at 29,531 and now its at 29,528 I'm going to take the car in tomorrow to get "looked at"
I am VERY SORRY to hear what happened!!! I feel for you 1000% SICK BULLSHIT!!!

2 weeks ago somebody? at my work took a key and went all over the passenger side of my 07 Silver TL-S. $1,100 Damage! 3 days ago an a$$hole in a parking lot didn't give me enough room and I curbed 1/3rd of a rear wheel. Another $350 to my credit card! I hope they fix everything like new, and KISS YOUR A$$.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

from 29,531 to 29,528 ? they rolled it ?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Yeah, the dealerships are going to the dogs man. I like Rosenthal, but the last time those guys had my car for the A1, somebody left footprints in the passenger seat! I'm like what the fuck??????? NOBODY EVER RIDES OVER THERE! I was in a hurry to get to work, but I took it back up there later and they did my dash and wiped shit down! I mean, is it asking for too much to get some customer satisfaction since they want "excellent ratings" from us? Damn, I hope they take care of that dawg!

You know, if they scratch my ride or do anything out of bounds when I come in for service, I ain't hostile if they come out with the quickness and apologize and hit me with it - before my car hits me with it. Take care of it, restore my shit, and we cool...But that lame shit of acting surprised once I quiz 'em on it?...fuck that!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by coykiam
from 29,531 to 29,528 ? they rolled it ?
I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but im 90% sure I was at 29,531 originally...

anyways, i'm taking it to them tomorrow...we'll see how things work out i guess I think i'm gonna start taking it to Rosenthal after this
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but im 90% sure I was at 29,531 originally...

anyways, i'm taking it to them tomorrow...we'll see how things work out i guess I think i'm gonna start taking it to Rosenthal after this
Yeah, they always take care of me up in there! Ricardo is who I work with! he may not know my name, but he knows my car and my face!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Tell them when you take the car in for any servce that you DO NOT want it washed. I guarantee you all of the scratches (wheels and body) came from the automated car wash, as did the dirty watermarks.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

I told them i didn't want it washed!!!! argh
Old 04-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Safety Car

That happened to my 04 Tundra 4x4. I didn't notice many small paint chips on the hood until I got home and a friend asked me if I was boon docking. They must of gone for a nice off road cruise. NOW I check entire car and mileage. Bull$hit
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Tell them when you take the car in for any servce that you DO NOT want it washed. I guarantee you all of the scratches (wheels and body) came from the automated car wash, as did the dirty watermarks.
TOO BAD, Acura Libertyville,IL doesn't have an auto wash. They hand wash and hand dry inside. I watch them now.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I told them i didn't want it washed!!!! argh
I know how you feel. I told the dealer I didn't want my car washed either... Normally they don't, but one time they did anyways, despite me telling them 3 times not too. I got the car back with scratches (and lots of em') on every g'dam panel of my car.

Now whenever I get my car serviced, I tape a sign to the steering wheel that says, "DO NOT WASH!".
Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JD TL-S
TOO BAD, Acura Libertyville,IL doesn't have an auto wash. They hand wash and hand dry inside. I watch them now.

Careful with them....they use circular hand motions on their washing method! I dont let them wash my car...just FYI.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avs007
Now whenever I get my car serviced, I tape a sign to the steering wheel that says, "DO NOT WASH!".
That is hilarious. I'm gonna start using that technique, if I ever go my dealer again, that is.

Sorry to hear about your car, JJaber06. Isn't it funny how we all buy these nice cars and take the utmost care of them, only to have greasy monkeys working on them who don't give a $hit about the kind of service they give you? If it's any consolation, you're not alone when it comes to crappy service from your Acura dealer. I hope you get your stuff cleared up.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Next time that happens, get a tape recorder and drop it in there. See what you pick up.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same experience with the Acura dealer in London, Ontario, Canada. They put 3 scratches on my car and was I pissed off. I notified Acura and the dealer called me to fix the scratches. They lalso washed my car and did not clean the wheels. Again I complained. I think from now on I will tell them not to clean the car. The dealers do not seem to have the same attachment to the cars as we do!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:46 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Next time that happens, get a tape recorder and drop it in there. See what you pick up.
or be like them news station and add a hidden camera in ur car.
and if they get caught, u can sue sue sue sueeee and use the money on more mods for the tl =)