Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took her for a test drive - impressed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took her for a test drive - impressed!

Went over to the local dealership today to test drive the Acura. I previously posted a few questions, all answers were extremely helpful. My lease is up on my current car in July, but I am the type of person that really researches things.

I have never been in the new version of the TL before, so this was a first as well, same with the wife, she came along, only as a passenger

The dealership happens to be on a highway (Ramsey Acura, NJ), first thing I wanted to try was the autostick, to see how responsive it was, not bad, but definitely not like a manual. I am looking at the auto w/navi anyway, so not a big deal. The car had some good pick up, better in 3rd and 4th, at least it seemed that way. Very smooth, didn't experience any torque steer, although I didn't slam the gas pedal either. The demo TL had navi, which was awesome, very easy to use. Took the TL off an exit, didn't seem to feel that much body roll, if any, although I didn't push it. Extremely comfy seats, although the headrest seems really high to me. The instrument panel was excellent, a little getting used to, but by the end of the test drive I was hooked.

One issue, tried reversing out of a spot, I did notice that it seems to be a little tricky looking behind you, might just be I am in a new car, just seemed like there were a few blind spots.

I also spoke to the salesmen, nice guy, given that they were extremely busy today and he took time to talk to me. I stated that I would be looking at getting a 2005 TL in July and if the prices of the 2005 would be cheaper then the 2006's at that time and he said yes. I will be purchasing this car, so finance options definitely would help.

In any event, I can't get the car out of my mind now, and still have to wait 5 months to get it

This is the only car I am looking at, I don't really like the styling of the G35, so that is out.

BTW: My wife enjoyed the car as well, from the passenger seat
Old 02-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Welcome to you hank1105! I'm happy you were satisfied with your test drive. The next five months will feel like agony, but will be by before you know it.

As for wives loving OUR cars, my wife really likes this car. I mean REALLY likes it. She loves the heated seats and the ride, and I know she is quite fond of the understated elegance of the car. She drives a '96 BMW 328i, which is not even in the same league as the TL. TL has her Bimmer beat all over.

Yep, you're gonna love this thing. Oh, by the way, mine's Anthracite/Ebony/6MT/Nav. If there's anyway you can see it, get the manual transmission.. or at least test drive one.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually the automatic works better for me since I live and drive frequently around NYC traffic.

Sorry for the long post before, just couldn't contain my happiness!

Read the TL brochure, or whatever it is called, 3 times now.