3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL vs TSX ..... how different are they ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL vs TSX ..... how different are they ?

Folks,

need some advise here.

I'm not from States but I saw that you folks have the options to choose TL & TSX.

Just wondering how different are the two cars in terms of size, interior space / fittings etc.

This is because based on some pics, I saw that the TL has very similar centre console as the Accord / JDM Accord.

Is TL a spin-off from teh USDM Accord ???
Thanks.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
For me it really comes down to v6 vs. i4 hp power. TSX is weak regardless of the handling benefit – why would I need good handling when I can't go fast?

There are some things unique to TSX (blinkers on mirrors, fold-down rear seat) and to TL (LSD, Brembo breaks). In general, the TL is a bit larger and more comfortable (at least for me). Other than that there are not many differences between them. With ’06 model the TSX got most of the feature content that TL had before, so content wise they are almost the same.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Intermediate

I originally went to the dealer on buying a TSX. But the TL wasn't that much more than the TSX and you get a lot more for the money. For me at the time it was a $3K difference. After diving th TSX and TL, I couldn't justified spending that much money on a 4 cylinder. The TSX is a bit more fun to drive but the TL just feel more powerful and nicer/comfortable. The TSX is the european Accord while the TL is the US Accord. The TL and the USDM Accord are almost identical because they share the same chasis and stucture. The sheet metal are unique and so is the engine. The Acoord is a 3.0L and the TL 3.2L. But as interior volume they are identical with the same wheelbase. The trunk on the TL is a bit smaller than the Accord and the Accord is longer in length. But basically yes the TL is a spin off of the USDM Accord.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with everyone else so far, the 2006 TSX got the bluetooth, and has all the same features........I actually like the way the A-Spec body kit flows better on the TSX, but I couldnt justify spending that much money on a K24 motor............I paid less for a 2004 TL which was certified and had 10k miles, but comes with a nice v6.......everyone says the TSX is more fun to drive, I feel like the TL can be that with the correct suspension upgrades and maybe a diet, it would deff be a lot more fun to drive with the v6 to pin you to the seat, while you are going through the 6 speed manual gears, and than use the Brembos to stop when you need to slow down.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Drive both, find out for yourself. This topic has been covered many times, do some searching.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

my feelings are pretty much the same. i was looking at a tsx a-spec w/navi. i think it rode a little better than the tl but it was sooooo slow in comparison. i found a tl a-spec for the same price without navi. i bought the tl no doubt. i couldnt see myself buying a slow ass car with navi compared to a fast ass car without it. i think the a-spec package looks better on the tl anyways. i cant drive anywhere without people staring at it up and down, asking me all kinda questions about it, even the people driving bmw/lexus/infiniti. i think those people were sorry they didnt go for the acura. i even seen someone rear end another car becuase he was droolin over my ride. and the cool thing is, its not a bunch of young punks interested in this car, its all people of all ages. i came outta best buy the other day and had a 40 some year old man was on his knees looking at the front and back end of my tl. that kicks ass! if you ask me, the tl is by far a better bang for your buck, especially with the a-spec package installed.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Intermediate

I too was in the market for a TSX, a lot of fun to drive & super suspension/handling! However I was talking it over with other people and for the price, 3,000 extra you can upgrade to a bigger car with a powerful engine!
I like the way the TSX console looks, and how the gauges start at the 6 o'clock position, but for the money it only makes sense to get the TL (bigger car, more bang for your buck).

Good Luck on your Decision!

-Doug
Old 03-15-2006, 11:43 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Lots of misinformation out there about the TSX's handling and general driving dynamics. They are, in fact, NOT superior to the TL. The TL handles better. The TSX's handling is no better than a USDM Accord, despite what TSX owners would like for TL owners to believe. Please, search around.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm Cool

I have convinced my sis to get a tsx over a tl cause it was 100% japanese made with 100% japanese parts. The quality in the tsx is very close if not better than my dad's ls430.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:26 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by Bobbydoedoe
I have convinced my sis to get a tsx over a tl cause it was 100% japanese made with 100% japanese parts. The quality in the tsx is very close if not better than my dad's ls430.
Afraid not. This type of myth is totally unfounded, although some swear by it. The fact is that there is no hardcore evidence that Japanese-built Japanese cars are better than US built Japanese cars. As a matter of fact, I've had 4 loaner TSXs for a total of 5 weeks. 3 were 05 models, and the latest was an 06 Navi model with 265 miles. The build quality is NO DIFFERENT than the current-gen USDM Accord. I know, because I compared the two intensely. Fit/finish, materials, build quality was virtually identical for both vehicles with one exception: The TSX had a misaligned dash panel, the US-built Accord had no misaligned panels.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Intermediate

That's funny because I could have swearn my TL is made in Japan (95 % to be exact). I don't think the TL are made in the US next to the USDM Accord or am I wrong here? But either case mel4fun ask about the difference between the two model not which you perfer. Size wise it's a huge difference especially for the rear passenger. A lot more room in the back and a bit more up front. The huge difference is engine V6 vs I4. Exterior the TSX is a tighter and bit more compact, also a bit lighter. But overall you need to drive both to compare.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by 1gokart
That's funny because I could have swearn my TL is made in Japan (95 % to be exact). I don't think the TL are made in the US next to the USDM Accord or am I wrong here? But either case mel4fun ask about the difference between the two model not which you perfer. Size wise it's a huge difference especially for the rear passenger. A lot more room in the back and a bit more up front. The huge difference is engine V6 vs I4. Exterior the TSX is a tighter and bit more compact, also a bit lighter. But overall you need to drive both to compare.
TL is made in Ohio. Marysville I think
Old 03-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Pro

Wow.. TSX Haters.. Well, you really need to drive both cars to see which one you prefer. I like the looks of the TSX more, but they are both great cars. If you like a big and powerful car, then get the TL. As for me, the TL may have more power but the drive was boring as hell for me. For me, the TSX was a lot more fun to drive.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:30 PM
04 NBP 6MT

The leather in the TL is much nicer.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by your_mom
The leather in the TL is much nicer.
Casue it wears out after 10-15k, just like EL42 tires? TSX and Accord owners do not complain about leather as badly as TL owners, so I would say TL's leather is not any better or could be even worse than Accord or TSX. How come a year older model Accord does not have butt prints, but TL which was a year newer car, had butt prints?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Magnaflow Performance

No car is 100% anything anymore.

A real car enthusiast appreciates a car for what it is, not where it is made-

I think you should take some time to reflect on what it is you are saying, or consider moving to Japan if being among Japanese built things is that important to you-

I like the TSX alot too, its not a bad car, I just perfer the TL-

There are better reasons to sell someone on a car other then where it is made-

I own Japanese cars, American cars, and cars I built myself- and have had good luck with all of them- because I take care of them.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
The TSX and TL both handle quite well..

While its a subjective, the TSX FEELS better and more light on its feet so to speak.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Instructor

TSX is a bit smaller than the TL. When I was trying to fit all of my women in the TSX at the dealership, it wouldn't work, so I tried the TL and wholla, noone out in the cold.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:02 PM
04 NBP 6MT

Originally Posted by mlody
Casue it wears out after 10-15k, just like EL42 tires? TSX and Accord owners do not complain about leather as badly as TL owners, so I would say TL's leather is not any better or could be even worse than Accord or TSX. How come a year older model Accord does not have butt prints, but TL which was a year newer car, had butt prints?
After being on this forum for a few months, I suspect there are plenty of TL owners who will complain about anything, including hot sex with a supermodel. I bought my TL used with 26k and the leather seems to be doing fine. It may have been replaced, but I doubt it. The leather certainly is softer and nicer looking than the leather in my friend's brand new TSX.

Mine has butt prints, but I really don't understand the issue. I can't see them when I'm driving the car and when I'm not driving the car, I'm not standing there looking at them, so who cares?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:37 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by your_mom
After being on this forum for a few months, I suspect there are plenty of TL owners who will complain about anything, including hot sex with a supermodel. I bought my TL used with 26k and the leather seems to be doing fine. It may have been replaced, but I doubt it. The leather certainly is softer and nicer looking than the leather in my friend's brand new TSX.

Mine has butt prints, but I really don't understand the issue. I can't see them when I'm driving the car and when I'm not driving the car, I'm not standing there looking at them, so who cares?
i agree. i think the leather in the tl is softer. i would say that the tsx/accord do not have as soft of leather as the tl. if the leather in the tsx/accord were the same as the tl, then people would not want to get a tl. the tl is suppost to be higher in class compared to the other models. if it was not, then who would pay $32k+ for a car. all manufactures have different models with better options when you pay more. i like both the tsx/the tl. i got the tl cause i thought it was better in value. i wish there was more after market parts(cheaper parts) for the tl, but i guess we will have to wait for that to happen. just my
Old 03-16-2006, 04:23 AM
Intermediate

Guys, after all the discussion, I see that the TL = TSX since they are using the smae chassis.

Is this correct ?

If that is the case, the TL & TSX should have similar suspension setup (but different damping) , same wheel-base etc right ?

Well over where I live, we do not have the TL. I'm comparing my JDM Accord vs USDM Accord (or generally know simply as Accord in my part of the globe) and there are very little discrepencies btw the 2. Similar dash panel, door panel, centre console etc.

The only different is the shape of the rear quarter, which the Accord (aka USDM Accord) wins in headroom and "space", over the JDM Accord (aka TSX).

In fact, they share the same suspension design but with a different suspension damping.

So to summarize, is TSX=TL=USDM Accord (ie. 1 chassis but 3 spin-offs ?? )
Old 03-16-2006, 04:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Same basic platform, but there are key differences in sizes such as engine bay and interior space. The USDM Accord and TL are wider and accomodate the J30 and J32 V6's.

The TSX (JDM Accord) although smaller isnt much lighter than the USDM Accord.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Intermediate

Mel4fun, The TL, TSX, and Accord share the same basic architecture but are very different. They may have the same chasis (Accord) but the underpining ie suspension (to include control arms), engine, and exterior sheet metal are unique. So to your comment on "So to summarize, is TSX=TL=USDM Accord (ie. 1 chassis but 3 spin-offs ?? )", yes they are spin offs but are not equals.
"In fact, they share the same suspension design but with a different suspension damping",
Yes, for the TSX and Euro/JDM Accord but not the TL. The TL have unique suspension and it's not the same as the USDM Accord either.
"If that is the case, the TL & TSX should have similar suspension setup (but different damping) , same wheel-base etc right",
No, They are not the same. The TL has a wider track and longer WB even though share chasis. (different suspension)

To summerize what you are asking, this is a more acurate conclusion of the vehicle similarity: TL=USDM Accord=JDM Inspire, and TSX=euro/JDM Accord. Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:56 AM
04 NBP 6MT

Originally Posted by mel4fun
Guys, after all the discussion, I see that the TL = TSX since they are using the smae chassis.

Is this correct ?
No. TL = USDM Accord. TSX = JDM Accord = European Accord.

Because Americans are fat, we get our own Accord chassis, which is supersized compared to the Accords sold in the rest of the world. The USDM Accord/TL chassis has a wider track and longer wheelbase than the global Accord/TSX. It is also heavier.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Race Director

I would've gotten the TL if it wasn't really more expensive than the TSX.

Does anyone know how much the second gen TL 99-03's MSRP for the 225 hp model and the MSRP for the Type S? I could've sworn the regular TL 99-03 was $28,000, which was about the same price as the TSX now.

Also, I still think the build quality is better on a 100% Made in Japan TSX than a 100% Made in Marysville, Ohio TL.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Instructor

the only thing the tl has over the tsx is the engine........thats it......tsx>tl
Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just my humble opinion....

Today I was given a 2006 TSX (in dark gray pearl?) as a loaner car at the dealership while my TL is in for an oil change and inspection.
This is just my opinion....
I think that the TSX is quick and peppy....but I feel like I'm driving the Civic, in an odd sense. I could immediately tell the visual differences between the TL and TSX; the TSX just looked so plain inside in comparison. Like how I would have felt like (in a comparison) if I owned the Accord and they gave me a Civic as a loaner.

I'm not saying that I don't like the TSX, because it's an attractive car for sure. And it's definitely comfortable and familiar. But, I think I'll stick with the TL.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by hondatypes
the only thing the tl has over the tsx is the engine........thats it......tsx>tl
IMHO - and aside from the engine...the TSX isn't as aesthetic; interior or exterior wise. But again, it's only my opinion. That's exactly like my friend saying that there is nothing different between her 06 Accord V6 and my TL; her theory is that it's just another Honda. No difference.

I'm not buying it.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Race Director

I wouldn't have bought the TSX if it was a rebadged Civic, eww! That's what the CSX is for.
Although I get pissed whenever my dad tells me the Civic and the TSX look alike!!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
I wouldn't have bought the TSX if it was a rebadged Civic, eww! That's what the CSX is for.
Although I get pissed whenever my dad tells me the Civic and the TSX look alike!!
Interesting, how I noticed also that the new Civics front end look more and more like the Acura's; the headlights especially. All they need are some xenon...
Old 03-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Race Director

I'm telling you now well maybe it's just me, but I'm jumping on the Infiniti G35/G37 bandwagon for the next generation G35. If the next gen sedan has any styling cues from the G coupe concept and that awesome new interior, a lot of you not just TL owners, but maybe some TSX owners will look into buying an Infiniti.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mel4fun
Folks,

need some advise here.

I'm not from States but I saw that you folks have the options to choose TL & TSX.

Just wondering how different are the two cars in terms of size, interior space / fittings etc.

This is because based on some pics, I saw that the TL has very similar centre console as the Accord / JDM Accord.

Is TL a spin-off from teh USDM Accord ???
Thanks.

I had a TSX for a loaner 2 weeks ago. For me the power and refinement really stood out as not being anywhere close to the TL. I only drove it for one day, but went 200 miles that day. The TL is more fun to drive and felt more comfortable. Really comes down to 4 cyclinder vs. V6, I opt for the V6, along with all the other goodies the TL has.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Instructor

I just made this choice.

1. I liked the both the TL and TSX from the outside - maybe the TSX a tad more.

2. The TSX is smaller, but this didn't bother me.

3. The TSX interior looked a little more cheap to me than the TL.

4. I perfered the TSX dash and trip computer to the TL's

5. Once I drove the TSX, I knew I'd be buying the TL. They only have about a 20% difference in HP, but the acceleration, feel and sound is quite superior in the TL.

I wanted the "made in japan" car as well, but if I stuck to that plan I'd be in a IS350.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Pro

I generally agree with all that's been said so far. I actually started my car shopping aiming to get a TL. Both are fine cars, with somewhat different purposes. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of both cars, but I think it's more fair to present both sides without showing obvious bias (at least not TOO much - most posts seem bent on going one way at the expense of the other), and since everyone is so bent on nitpicking these two cars anyways...

Sorry if my observations bring some folks down (to Earth, I'd say). Face it, no car is perfect, no matter how much you argue it's virtues and put down another's. And so, I will present what I thought to be the pros and cons of BOTH cars.
So, here's my additional

TL's front overhang looks a mile long. Especially in contrast to the truncated rear end. Kind of awkward and excessive IMO.
TSX looks smaller than it is, and many (especially here in the US) equate size to value and prestige.

TL is often mistaken for TSX, and vice versa, even by people who know Acuras.
TSX is sometimes mistaken for the previous generation Civic, especially from a distance.
(My dad, too, has commented that TSX looks like a Civic from the rear 3/4 view.)

TL exterior has no chrome trim and accents, and instead has faux matte metal plastic grill and garnishes. Both are IMHO. Especially in dark colors where the matte grille really stands out, exaggerated by TL's big snoz and grille, .
The situation is reversed inside, where TSX gets fake metal versus TL's real metal trim.

TSX's exterior is clean and fresh, but somewhat plain. The design of the rear end makes it look much smaller (a.k.a. "downmarket") than it really is.
TL, while still striking, is getting long in the tooth.

TSX should have gotten LED taillights for 06.
The lenses in front of TL's LEDs should be more transparent to show off those LEDs.

TSX's high mounted mirror blinkers are a big plus. I don't understand why TL's fender mounted side marker doesn't blink. From some positions and angles, a neighboring car cannot see the TL's ligns blinking - bad for two cars driving side by side with one in the other's blindspot.

TL's bizenons are sure nice. But no OEM fogs available for below the bumper (which I think looks a bit bloated to me, and could probaby use something to break up the two big gaping holes. (I know, TL's fogs are already integrated into the headlights.)

TL's exhaust tips get lost in the rear bumper - you have to be almost directly the car to see them and their slick trapezoidal shape - and once you do that, it becomes too obviously visible that the pipes behind them are just little round pipes.
TSX's large diameter and thick tubed tips look really nice, if only the rest of the butt looked as aggresive.

I love TL's big radio dials and buttons.
TSX's are wimpy.
Same goes for the NAV.

TL has more soft touch interior panels, a huge plus in my book.
TSX has no adjustable vents for the rear passengers, a big minus.

The only cars I have stalled in the last 20 years were an Accord V6 6MT and two TL 6MTs that I had been test driving. I even managed to miss a 1-2 shift in one of the TLs getting onto the highway. Then the salesman stalled it after we got back to the dealership. TSX MT is much slicker. A slick MT is practically a clincher in my book.

Of course, the TL engine easily stomps over the TSX's. But is it as enjoyable?
Depends if you like to watch F1 on twistie road courses, or NASCAR drive around in circles for hours on end.
To me, I prefer the former.
TSX's more compact exterior and tighter handling let me blast through the twisties in the woods better than I could in a TL (as does the less cumbersome 6MT). The engine feels more free, as does the tranny.
TL would have been a better cruiser, but that's what we have an Odyssey Touring for.

Of course, ideally I'd want superb power AND superb handling and tossability. But neither car offers both in equal amounts. I happen to prefer the latter. If the TSX's engine weren't as flexible as it is, and coupled to such a great gearbox, then it wouldn't have stood a chance in my book. But because it is...the scaled tipped that way.

For me, personally, the choice came down to the driving experience (versus stoplight burnouts and lazy cruising), more than price or features or perceptions. I found the TSX to be more entertaining, as it is better suited for the more involving type of driving that I enjoy. If it were about stomping on the gas from traffic lights (or worse yet, putting it into "drive" and stomping on the gas - which any redneck with a mullet and an '80's Camaro can do), then the TSX would surely not have been for me.

Not to belittle the TL in any way...If there were no TSX on the market, I quite likely would already have a TL in my driveway (versus waiting 3 months for my MT NAV TSX to come from Japan).
Old 03-19-2006, 09:00 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
This is one of the best "quality" arguements out there! Made in China vs. Made in USA. I wish the TL was also made in China completely too! Not really compared the two directly to have an opinion....but this arguement is based on a solid concept and fact, thats for sure! I still like the TL better though.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
This is one of the best "quality" arguements out there! Made in China vs. Made in USA. I wish the TL was also made in China completely too! Not really compared the two directly to have an opinion....but this arguement is based on a solid concept and fact, thats for sure! I still like the TL better though.
Made in China???

You mean Made in Japan right?
Old 03-19-2006, 09:00 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
TL's front overhang looks a mile long. Especially in contrast to the truncated rear end. Kind of awkward and excessive IMO.
TSX looks smaller than it is, and many (especially here in the US) equate size to value and prestige.
I've never heard of that. I can see size equating to prestige in Mercedes S600 V12s, but not Acura sedans. Plus, wouldn't that mean that the larger car had the most prestige?

TSX's exterior is clean and fresh, but somewhat plain. The design of the rear end makes it look much smaller (a.k.a. "downmarket") than it really is.
TL, while still striking, is getting long in the tooth.
The design of the TSX (Euro Accord) is older than the design of the 3G TL. The 04 TSX was on the road in early (April, right?) 03 while the 3G TL came out later that year. Not sure how the TL is getting long in the tooth but the TSX isn't?

TSX should have gotten LED taillights for 06.
The lenses in front of TL's LEDs should be more transparent to show off those LEDs.
Yes, it should have, but it didn't. +1 for the TL, or the Accord for that matter.

TSX's high mounted mirror blinkers are a big plus. I don't understand why TL's fender mounted side marker doesn't blink. From some positions and angles, a neighboring car cannot see the TL's ligns blinking - bad for two cars driving side by side with one in the other's blindspot.
I agree that repeaters on the fender or in the blinker such as the TSX are an additional safety feature. That said, however, citing this as a plus over the TL seems to be grasping at straws a bit. The majority of the cars on the road don't have these repeaters, and my TL doesn't, but I've never had a problem.

TL's bizenons are sure nice. But no OEM fogs available for below the bumper (which I think looks a bit bloated to me, and could probaby use something to break up the two big gaping holes. (I know, TL's fogs are already integrated into the headlights.)
Similar complaints could be said for the 06 TSX front end, as well. The fog integration looks like an after-thought, and the grille looks like it was plucked off a yesteryear Camry Solara. The TL has the more attractive profile from every angle, IMO. But again, this is all subjective.

TL's exhaust tips get lost in the rear bumper - you have to be almost directly the car to see them and their slick trapezoidal shape - and once you do that, it becomes too obviously visible that the pipes behind them are just little round pipes.
TSX's large diameter and thick tubed tips look really nice, if only the rest of the butt looked as aggresive.
The twin outlets on the TSX are identical to those of the 03-05 Accord V6s. While I still think the slick look of the TL's exhaust is better, the TSX's exhaust note from the pipes is a bit too buzzy. I prefer the lower tones emitted from the TL's pipes.

The only cars I have stalled in the last 20 years were an Accord V6 6MT and two TL 6MTs that I had been test driving. I even managed to miss a 1-2 shift in one of the TLs getting onto the highway. Then the salesman stalled it after we got back to the dealership. TSX MT is much slicker. A slick MT is practically a clincher in my book.
I've never heard anyone complain about a Honda manual transmission in any of their vehicles. Make no mistake about it, a miss-shift is user error and not the fault of the car. Having driven all three, Accord V6 6MT, TL 6MT, and TSX 6MT I didn't find many different characteristics between them.

Of course, the TL engine easily stomps over the TSX's. But is it as enjoyable?
Depends if you like to watch F1 on twistie road courses, or NASCAR drive around in circles for hours on end.
To me, I prefer the former.
Since when is torque not enjoyable? Sure, it's fun to work the TSX's four-cylinder. But rev-limits on the J32 and K24 are almost identical, and both engines love to rev. The difference between putting the two through the paces is which one will bring a smile to your face. There's simply no comparison. A world class four-cylinder is still inherently a four-cylinder. The J32 has a symphonic engine sound and a thrilling powerband. The TSX weighs in almost identical to the weight of the USDM Accord V6 (this is also much more powerful), so in my opinion, the TSX is just too weak.

TSX's more compact exterior and tighter handling let me blast through the twisties in the woods better than I could in a TL (as does the less cumbersome 6MT). The engine feels more free, as does the tranny.
TL would have been a better cruiser, but that's what we have an Odyssey Touring for.
Purely psychological. If you will do some research on this, you will find the TSX is actually no more agile or capable than a USDM Accord (considered a boat over at the TSX forum, which I find amusing considering the Accord's superior power and equal handling/braking capabilities). The TL actually has superior grip thanks to larger tires - it can handle better than the TSX. Of course, what it lacks (and what you are talking about) is the feel of a compact car. Taken at face value, though, the TL is still the better performer - even when the roads turn twisty.

For me, personally, the choice came down to the driving experience (versus stoplight burnouts and lazy cruising), more than price or features or perceptions. I found the TSX to be more entertaining, as it is better suited for the more involving type of driving that I enjoy. If it were about stomping on the gas from traffic lights (or worse yet, putting it into "drive" and stomping on the gas - which any redneck with a mullet and an '80's Camaro can do), then the TSX would surely not have been for me.
Kudos for buying the right car for you, but suggesting the TL is a lazy cruiser or stoplight racer compared to the TSX is wrong. The TL is a slightly larger car with a slightly larger car feel, but it is even more capable than a TSX. You get more because you pay more.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Lots of misinformation out there about the TSX's handling and general driving dynamics. They are, in fact, NOT superior to the TL. The TL handles better. The TSX's handling is no better than a USDM Accord, despite what TSX owners would like for TL owners to believe. Please, search around.
03CoupeV6, after reading many of your posts, I can only come to the singular conclusion that you are irretrievably stupid. The tenacity with which you cling to your ridiculous assertions is truly amazing. I just can't hold my tongue any longer.

Have a nice damn day.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Citing the facts (to the chagrin of TSX owners) does not make one "irretrievably stupid". The TSX is a nice little car, but this thread was about the TL, as well - and the performance of the TL is superior. I fail to see how this could be perceived as "stupid"

I see no need for personal attacks.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator

03Coupev6 is correct regarding the handling of the TSX and TL..

The TL in terms of absolute numbers beats the TSX. Thats a fact.

Now for opinions.. the TSX feels more engaging to drive and feels much lighter.

Quick Reply: TL vs TSX ..... how different are they ?