Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Owners in PA...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:06 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by batmacura
...Anyone else in the area noticing that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a TL these days :-)
Same goes for the Harrisburg area; I'm beginning to see almost as many TL's as Accords. Must be a popular car for Pennsylvanian's. And also around here WDP seems to be a color of choice by many; I knew there was a reason that I ordered a personalized license plate!

I'd be interested to know how states rank in sales for the TL (e.g. which state has sold the most, etc.).

When I was out downtown on Friday night I met a guy whom my friend works with...and I'm not quite sure how we got to talking about "cars"; but, we did. He asked what I drove...I told him...and he immediately got gitty (even had me high-five him! hahaha). Told me he has been leasing a Maxima, but is going to lease a TL this month... I think he was more excited about the car than I am! LOL.

All for the love of a TL!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:13 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KJW73
Same goes for the Harrisburg area; I'm beginning to see almost as many TL's as Accords. Must be a popular car for Pennsylvanian's. And also around here WDP seems to be a color of choice by many; I knew there was a reason that I ordered a personalized license plate!

I'd be interested to know how states rank in sales for the TL (e.g. which state has sold the most, etc.).

When I was out downtown on Friday night I met a guy whom my friend works with...and I'm not quite sure how we got to talking about "cars"; but, we did. He asked what I drove...I told him...and he immediately got gitty (even had me high-five him! hahaha). Told me he has been leasing a Maxima, but is going to lease a TL this month... I think he was more excited about the car than I am! LOL.

All for the love of a TL!

Same for here in philly..... I must have gotten about 4 or 5 phone calls from friends, friend of friends asking me about my car, and do i like it.. yada yada... They think im some kind of TL guru or something.... I tell them im no guru... just spend like 17 hrs a day on AZ Oh,,,, keep me posted on a philly meet... It would be nice to meet the faces behind the avatars and screen names..
Old 04-03-2006, 01:24 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by drdamian
........ Oh,,,, keep me posted on a philly meet... It would be nice to meet the faces behind the avatars and screen names..
Amen to that Doc!!!

I'd post a pic of myself for reference purposes, but I get too weird about that. My luck, my face could end up on some nudie chick and spread around the world! hahaha. LMAO. Jk.

With enough advanced notice, I can make it to the Philly-meet.

Where could we meet? In the city or burbs?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Instructor

Pittsburgh Meet:

Tuesday, April 11th.
Quakersteak n Lube Robinson
what time should we meet? 6pm? 7pm?
Ride then eat, or eat then ride?
who can make this?
would anyone like to choose a ride route for us?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:18 PM
FOR SALE - BM

keep me posted.... The city or the burbs would be ok.... whatever would be easy for you guys.... i will brain storm and try to think of some good spots.... i have worked all day and my head, hands, and most of all my back is hurting me.... maybe we can go somewhere to get something to eat... or go to the art museum area (we can get good pics their), there is fairmount park accross from the stadiums.. im not familiar with the burbs...
Old 04-04-2006, 02:49 PM
GOLDEN NUGGET

I'm in for a Philly meet..How about the King of Prussia area on an early Sunday morn before the mall opens..then lunch at one of the many restaurants..a thought..
Old 04-04-2006, 03:57 PM
FOR SALE - BM

KOP is good for me... lemme know a time and date...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clausda0
Pittsburgh Meet:

Tuesday, April 11th.
Quakersteak n Lube Robinson
what time should we meet? 6pm? 7pm?
Ride then eat, or eat then ride?
who can make this?
would anyone like to choose a ride route for us?

Ok, my .02

I say we ride then eat. We meet somewhere in the burbs and then drive to Quaker Steak. Why? Because if we meet in Pittsburgh and then drive to Quaker Steak, we will hit traffic. So any burb around Robinson or North of it may be good. Is anyone younger than 21? You can usually get seating at the bar pretty quick vs. dining room on a Tuesday. No biggie though.

I'll bring my digital and tripod. But my digital is pretty outdated (crappy).

Maybe meet somewhere like a park (or something) while there is still light out for pics then ride? North Park?

I say that and then think of how convenient it is for me to get to N. Park, but maybe not so for you guys. But it would be sweet for pics, then a few laps around it, then head down 910 to I-79 and off to Robinson...maybe a stop or two along the way....I dunno, just spitting it out as fast as it comes into my head.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Instructor

North Park is PERFECT for me!

Riding then eating sounds smart. that way we get the sunlight.

by the way, tuesday is all you can eat wing night! (12 bucks).

i'm 21.

I vote for that. Any other Pittsburgh TL'ers out there, who gonna join?
Old 04-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
We've been lenient on allowing you to discuss your planned meet, but now we need to cut it off in this thread and ask you to post your thread in the Acurazine Clubs & Meets Forum and I will put it in my * * * UPCOMING MEETS * * * (Links Only) thread.

There is already a Philly Acura Meet Sun. 5/21 @ Noon @ the Belmont Plateau planned.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Advanced

Pittsburgh Meet - Moved Thread

Anymore discussion of the Pittsburgh meet should continue at the following thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...41#post4781741
Old 04-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by me1abPSU
Anymore discussion of the Pittsburgh meet should continue at the following thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...41#post4781741
I added the meet to my thread and bumped it just now, and also stuck the thread in the meets forum.

I never stuck a thread with only one post before, so you guys go over there and beef it up so I don't get in trouble with the other mods. But then I don't remember seeing a meet on a Tuesday either.

This thread can continue on it's regular topic now.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Instructor

Unfortunately, it's a bit too late for that now. I had the kit put on when I took delivery of the car in November. Personally, if my beloved b/f wouldn't have mentioned about it...I doubt I would have gotten them on. But, now that I spent $156 to get the plastic on...and I've only had the car 4 months...I really don't want to feel like that I've wasted my money. However, I don't believe I will be keeping them for the life of the car. I think when I've at least had the car for a year, I'll get rid of the 24k gold. LOL. 24k gold plated, that is.

I don't think my car looks "ghetto". Now, if I had 20" bling-bling wheels and my car all "pimped out"...I would agree. But, it's just straight up factory with a little gold (which BTW, gold is "in" now...as much as I am a platinum/white gold/silver kind-a-gal). A little fashion tid bit for ya...
Did I see you in Lancaster today? (Friday). I saw a white TL with gold emblems and its the first TL ive seen with Gold emblems at all so I thought maybe it was you. Plus it was a women driver. It didn't look all that bad..
Old 04-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Instructor

Did anyone get their TL tinted at Creative Car-tunes in Lemoyne?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:07 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by becker800
Did I see you in Lancaster today? (Friday). I saw a white TL with gold emblems and its the first TL ive seen with Gold emblems at all so I thought maybe it was you. Plus it was a women driver. It didn't look all that bad..
Hey there Becker!
Nope - it wasn't me; although, I was in Lebanon County all of this morning for work. I was close, though!
I'm glad that you thought the emblems didn't look all that bad...I am still really torn about them. Yesterday, I saw another black TL in the city with gold emblems; that is the second one I've seen around here looking that way. I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only person in Pa with gold emblems on a WDP. hahahaha.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:15 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Just Wanted To Share My Ego... :)

I had been meaning to share my "ego" story with my fellow Pennsylvanian's all week and I'm just now getting to it...

After reading a horrible online review (I forget what website it was...) last week about the TL - I was feeling blah. In the review this guy tears apart the TL and says in his opinion, that it basically sucks. To me...he just sounded like a guy on PMS - just complaining about everything (and I'm woman saying this!)! But, it stuck with me and weakened my car ego. LOL.

So, last Saturday for lunch I went through the Arby's drive-thru...the dude in the window looks out and he says, "Is that the new Acura" and I say, "Yea, it is" and he looked in and said, "...that car is just dope!". UP WENT MY EGO AGAIN! hahahaha. I said, "Thanks - it's my baby!". And ever since the Arby's dude stroked my ego a bit...I've been feelinga little better! LOL.

Oh well - maybe I'll try Wendy's this weekend! hahahahaha.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Instructor

I had been meaning to share my "ego" story with my fellow Pennsylvanian's all week and I'm just now getting to it...

After reading a horrible online review (I forget what website it was...) last week about the TL - I was feeling blah. In the review this guy tears apart the TL and says in his opinion, that it basically sucks. To me...he just sounded like a guy on PMS - just complaining about everything (and I'm woman saying this!)! But, it stuck with me and weakened my car ego. LOL.

So, last Saturday for lunch I went through the Arby's drive-thru...the dude in the window looks out and he says, "Is that the new Acura" and I say, "Yea, it is" and he looked in and said, "...that car is just dope!". UP WENT MY EGO AGAIN! hahahaha. I said, "Thanks - it's my baby!". And ever since the Arby's dude stroked my ego a bit...I've been feelinga little better! LOL.

Oh well - maybe I'll try Wendy's this weekend! hahahahaha.
We know how nice our cars are
Old 04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Instructor

Hey there Becker!
Nope - it wasn't me; although, I was in Lebanon County all of this morning for work. I was close, though!
I'm glad that you thought the emblems didn't look all that bad...I am still really torn about them. Yesterday, I saw another black TL in the city with gold emblems; that is the second one I've seen around here looking that way. I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only person in Pa with gold emblems on a WDP. hahahaha.
As long as you don't get gold wheels, you can still be allowed on this forum
Old 04-08-2006, 10:47 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

I absolutely promise! LOL. No gold wheels here! Although, I would like the ASPEC wheels......
Old 04-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Cranberry, PA here..

2001 CL-S
Old 04-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Instructor

jonesi i love your signerature picture!

I can't stand how the temp. goes up, then down, then up, then down.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Instructor

Have any PA owners in western PA, Pittsburgh area, done the GM synchromesh Transmission fluid, friction modified mod yet?

How and where did you do it?

I have purchased the stuff, I just can't find anyone who is willing to touch my 06 TL!!!!! Jiffy Lube said they don't want to try, cause they are afraid they will mess something up. An auto-repair chain said they won't do it, cause they dont have the books for the 2006 TL yet. My mechanic couldn't understand that i didn't want to FLUSH the transmission fluid, i simply wanted to drain it, and replace it.

So please, if you know someone in the pittsburgh area who does this , and knows what they are doing, please tell me!

By the way, i modded my interior lights to blue L.E.D. today, very sexy!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:50 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

........By the way, i modded my interior lights to blue L.E.D. today, very sexy!
Post a pic!
Old 04-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Instructor

fine, but you'll have to wait until night time!!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Instructor

fine, but you'll have to wait until night time!!!!
Good you took my advice and got the mod

It is a nice mod, I tried taking some pics of mine but they just didnt turn out to well..
Old 04-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Instructor

it is an unbelievable mod! thanks for the advice!

Pics to come, tommorow too cold and too drunk to go out now.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
what is wrong with gold wheels on white cars. I mean not like gold like the bright gold of the eblems. however golds volks on a TL are hot.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
10th Gear

Pa!

Yardley PA Here. Work in King of Prussia, brutal commute traffic wise but the TL makes it enjoyable... except the maunual trans.

2005 Acura TL
iPOD adapter
Navi Hack
Xeon Fog Lamps
Old 04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
what is wrong with gold wheels on white cars. I mean not like gold like the bright gold of the eblems. however golds volks on a TL are hot.
...like the wheels Jut is putting on his IS? I'm not one for gold wheels, but the pics I saw of his wheels-to-be (after painting) are hot! They're not the bling-bling gold...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BobNeub
Yardley PA Here. Work in King of Prussia, brutal commute traffic wise but the TL makes it enjoyable... except the maunual trans.

2005 Acura TL
iPOD adapter
Navi Hack
Xeon Fog Lamps
Yardley here too! Off Big Oak Road opposite 5 mile woods.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:59 AM

So have we come up with anything for a meet at all yet.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
So have we come up with anything for a meet at all yet.
Seems like June might be tough for us all to get together. Last weekend of June is the only good weekend in June for me.

Maybe last weekend in May, the 27th is Sat.

I'd like to get windows tinted and possibly wheels before the meet
Old 04-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

King of Prussia here in 2004 6MT Nighthawk Black, AEM CAI, 22% tint all around, 18"ASPECS, ASPEC Rear Bumper.

I have seen so many around here, but only 1 or two that have some stuff done to them. Have yet to see a manual in the area.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 AM

Seems like June might be tough for us all to get together. Last weekend of June is the only good weekend in June for me.

Maybe last weekend in May, the 27th is Sat.

I'd like to get windows tinted and possibly wheels before the meet
I have finals that week so I cant make that week.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:36 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

How about meeting towards the end of July in Harrisburg???
Old 04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Instructor

How about meeting towards the end of July in Harrisburg???
yeah July 15th or 22nd would be good for me.

Maybe we can just have a small meet sometime soon here, id like to get my car tinited at creative car tunes in lemoyne, maybe a few of us could meet up there sometime on a Friday.

They only tint on fridays and wednesdays so maybe a friday evening we could meet up there when i go pick up my car or something and go for a little friday night drive. Im not sure when they are open till...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Cruisin'

Unhappy

it is an unbelievable mod! thanks for the advice!

Pics to come, tommorow too cold and too drunk to go out now.
I think it's awesome! But you took off before we could get a night picture of it
Old 04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Administrator

I posted the following in Post #171 on 4/5/06, repeated here for those who obviously missed it.

Originally Posted by Ron A
We've been lenient on allowing you to discuss your planned meet, but now we need to cut it off in this thread and ask you to post your thread in the Acurazine Clubs & Meets Forum and I will put it in my * * * UPCOMING MEETS * * * (Links Only) thread.

There is already a Philly Acura Meet Sun. 5/21 @ Noon @ the Belmont Plateau planned.
Since that didn't work, I'll post my stock reply to threads discussing meets.

All discussions concerning meets should be posted in the Acurazine Clubs & Meets Forum.

When you start a thread there, you can post a link in this forum to the meets thread.

When you have a firm date, send me a PM with the link and I will include it in the 3G TL UPCOMING MEETS thread.
This is a good thread for people in PA to get together in and discuss general topics, but any more talk about meets will result in this thread being closed.

If you haven't already done so, please post your thread in the Meets Forum and then you can link it in this thread, and then you will have a dedicated thread for discussing the proposed meet.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:56 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

can i get some pics of the pittsburgh meet or what?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:29 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by edsonfire
can i get some pics of the pittsburgh meet or what?
I'm not trying to be rude; but did you not read the thread ahead of you from Ron A? We must discuss anything about "meets" in the "Upcoming Meets" thread.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: TL Owners in PA...