Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Owners in PA...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
Originally Posted by becker800
Yeah ive been down to creative car-tunes before when I had my old 94 accord, I was thinking about heading up to there sometime and seeing what they will charge for the install.
have you been to the new location in lemoyne or one of there two old locations.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
have you been to the new location in lemoyne or one of there two old locations.
I went to the one off of Carlisle Pike, Im pretty sure thats one of the old ones. I forgot they had gotten a new place.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 PM

I went to the one off of Carlisle Pike, Im pretty sure thats one of the old ones. I forgot they had gotten a new place.
Yeah that is the old one. The new one is across from CVS next to where A and A auto parts is.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 PM

So when do we want to plan a meet for guys.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Sounds like a Saturday in June would work well.

I suggest Harrisburg because of its relative centralness. Its about a 3 hour drive to there for myself.

Another day, another no-show for my ride. They said definitely tommorow.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by clausda0
Sounds like a Saturday in June would work well.

I suggest Harrisburg because of its relative centralness. Its about a 3 hour drive to there for myself.

Another day, another no-show for my ride. They said definitely tommorow.

Saturday would be good usually for me as well. Although only the 4th weekend in June is good for me. First 3, ill be away all weekend.

Harrisburg would provide good night life too
Old 03-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Cruisin'

I'd be willing to head out to Harrisburg as well. I have a couple good friends out that way that I could visit as well.

clausda0, what color are you waiting for and where is it coming from? Why is it taking so long?
Old 03-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Instructor

I orderd a silver w/ ebony. Navigation. Manual.

Navigation with manual is a rare combination. There's only about 1 for every 3 dealers. and obviously that means getting a specific color is even harder. A dealership in Chicago had ordered a silver with manual, just for in their showroom stock. My dealership intercepted that order, and asked if they could take it because a customer needed it immediately.

The only problem is, their computer hasn't shown the exact delivery date of the car to them. But according to past history they estimated it would be here either monday or tuesday. It didn't show up either day, so on tuesday , my dealer decided to do a dealer swap with the dealership in Columbus, Ohio. That is the closest one to here.

Here's the problem with that, I didn't want to have to pay the delivery fee, because I got the car right at invoice, we agree'd that if they had to have it delivered, it was going to be on my dime. I didn't expect to have to pay the dealer swap delivery fee for the original one that was coming directly from Acura, but now if that one from columbus comes in, i'm probably going to have to pay about 200 bucks for the delivery fee.

I guess as long as I get a car, I'll be happy. I just ordered some DVD-A cd's, a clear bra, and a navigation screen protectant sheet.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Cruisin'

It's definitely tough waiting for your car to come in. I had trouble waiting Saturday to Monday. Then having to work all day before I could go pick it up. Don't worry, it will all be worth it in the end. Even if you had to pay $200 to get the car a few days sooner, I'd say it would be worth it.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Instructor

Well here's the bummer.

I was ready to purchase in January, however back then I was ordering a lexus IS250. I ordered January 28th. They said 6 weeks maximum on delivery. I waited until march 16th, then returned to lexus, and asked if it was here. They told me it wasn't going to be in until June. I then decided to pursue other interests.

My friend suggested the Acura TSX. I went out, checked it out, and really liked it. I decided i was definitely getting a TSX. But once i saw a redondo red TL drive by, i was addicted. I test drove it, and loved it. I later decided to go with alibastur silver. It was between redondo red with ebony interior (05) and silver with ebony (06).

originally i was going to go with automatic, but after reading the board a lot, i determined that the manual was really the way to go for me.

I own a motorcycle, but i've never driven the stick shift of a car. I learned the basics of driving stick in my friend's Acura RSX-S. I don't think I will have any trouble learning stick, i'm pretty good at operating things. I just get worried when I read the reviews on edmunds.com , and consumerreports.com and in both, there road test editors said they stalled the car out multiple times. If they stalled it out, chances are little old me is going to as well. Oh well, like I said, i'm not worried about it.

where was I going with this post...... .... ?

oh yea, i've been waiting a while, and i just want to get a new ride...
Old 03-29-2006, 07:32 PM

Saturday would be good usually for me as well. Although only the 4th weekend in June is good for me. First 3, ill be away all weekend.

Harrisburg would provide good night life too
damn i have to skip the night life
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Instructor

damn i have to skip the night life
Thats not allowed
Old 03-29-2006, 10:31 PM

Thats not allowed
me skipping night life or the fact that I am 19 and cant go to bars
Old 03-30-2006, 04:23 AM
Instructor

its simple, you walk in, order a coke, and say your the designated driver....for all 15 of us. Then point to a random van in the parking lot.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:16 AM

its simple, you walk in, order a coke, and say your the designated driver....for all 15 of us. Then point to a random van in the parking lot.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Office Linebacker

Pittsburgh, PA here. But I'm not (yet) a TL owner. If you guys get any meets together, I'd love to come by and check out your rides. Keep me on the list. I'll be picking up a TL in the next 6 months so it would be great to get up close and personal with the car and your opinions.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:38 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Love, love, love that suggestion!
I don't get out very often - being that I'm "domesticated" these days - but I made it out to Max's last night and after 3 Captains...I was more than ready to go home. By all means, I don't endorse "drinking and driving" - if it gets too bad, I'll get a taxi and leave my car in the garage overnight. BUT - having said that... one of the best experiences that I have is after a short evening like last and then being able to get in the TL and listen to the audio system. It sounds good on a sober day - but put the Captain in the mix....and I feel like I'm at the local disco!

Sorry to ramble...
Old 03-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Any of you guys from the North Hills, Mars, Pittsburgh or immediate areas aside from your TL's have motorcycles / sportbikes? Im riding today as well but, want to get a group ride together here shortly, PM me if you're close to this area w/ a Bike.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Instructor

I've got a Suzuki SV650. Sorry I got your post so late in the day. Next time your organazing a ride, email me at clausda0@gmail.com
Old 03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Well here's the bummer.

I own a motorcycle, but i've never driven the stick shift of a car. I learned the basics of driving stick in my friend's Acura RSX-S. I don't think I will have any trouble learning stick, i'm pretty good at operating things. I just get worried when I read the reviews on edmunds.com , and consumerreports.com and in both, there road test editors said they stalled the car out multiple times. If they stalled it out, chances are little old me is going to as well. Oh well, like I said, i'm not worried about it.

where was I going with this post...... .... ?

oh yea, i've been waiting a while, and i just want to get a new ride...

Just because somebody reports on or sales cars doesn't mean they "should" be able to drive a manual. Don't worry, the manual is one of the best I have driven. If you can ride a bike you can work a 6 speed no problem. Given that the SV650 is a 6 speed, you will feel right at home. By the way, I have a SVS650, excellent bike.

Although I am waiting to trade it in on the new Hayabusa this summer
Old 03-31-2006, 01:05 AM
Instructor

Thanks Jeru. I love the bike. I have the full Exhaust on it, it sounds so sexy!

I picked up my car today! MAN do i LOVE it!!!

The sound system is AWESOME. XM channels 21-23 are cool.

DVD-a sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Navigation system works terrific! I like how, if you mess up the route your on, and it starts telling you to do U-turns, if you just keep driving, it will eventually pick a new route for you.

The TL doesn't do U-turns that well.

Engine is terrific

I hate how short 1st gear is. Its almost like there isn't even a purpose for the gear. This s coming from someone who hasn't driven another stick car before.

I am PRETTY damn rusty driving the manual. hahaha. I should have had my father tape me driving out of the dealer. Took about 6 tries, cause the exit is a big uphill start, across a 4 lane highway. I stalled 6 times before i finally got out there, then I gunned it and was gone. My salesman called me later and said "when you finally got out, you were outta here".

I like the car a LOT. Very solid car. Great ride. Terrific on bumps! Quiet. Powerful engine. Good torque.

very happy.

OH, and i love the 2 L.E.D. lights shining on the STick. pimp.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:37 AM
Instructor

OH, and i love the 2 L.E.D. lights shining on the STick. pimp.
Get the 8 light Blue LED system, you'll like it even better

ebay ID that sells them is tec-toyz

Here is a link for an acution right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT
Old 03-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any Pittsburgh guys want to do a short notice meet at the Waterfront or Robinson in the next couple weeks?

Meet on a tuesday night, Ride, and then take our TL's down to Quaker steak n Lube for all you can eat wing night!

mmmhh, wings....

Pittsburgh TL owner checking in.

This is a good idea...wings good...hmmmm

25 yr old
Anthracite '04
Navi
Manual
K&N Air Filter
Old 03-31-2006, 09:02 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Question

Originally Posted by me1abPSU
Pittsburgh TL owner checking in.

This is a good idea...wings good...hmmmm

25 yr old
Anthracite '04
Navi
Manual
K&N Air Filter
Do you notice any difference with the K&N air filter? I'm going to order one around 5000 miles (after my current factory filter has had enough)...
Old 03-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the interior light link. I'm going to take advantage of that. And I am also interested in doing a K&N filter. debating between that and intake.

When do you guys want to do that pittsburgh meet up at Quaker steak?

Tuesday April 11th? Idea's?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Office Linebacker

mmmmmmmmm. wingggggggs..

A Tuesday night might work.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:20 PM

ok just trying to get this meet planning moving along so what does everyone think about like June 12th at City Island on top of the parking garage.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Instructor

ok just trying to get this meet planning moving along so what does everyone think about like June 12th at City Island on top of the parking garage.
Unfortunetly not me I'll be in texas that week.

Only the 4th weekend in June is good for me as far as June goes.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the interior light link. I'm going to take advantage of that. And I am also interested in doing a K&N filter. debating between that and intake.

When do you guys want to do that pittsburgh meet up at Quaker steak?

Tuesday April 11th? Idea's?

OK, on the K&N filter I can say this much. I've noticed a slight decrease in MPG. And on a cold day, comparing it to the stock filter, it runs like a stuffed pig on steroids.

Hell, get it just because you can clean it with the K&N cleaning/recharge kit. Don't know if cleaning my air filter every 6000 miles helps, but it gives me piece of mind.

April 11th works for me, I don't get off work till 5:00pm and work over in Wexford so it will take some time to get down there.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:50 PM

Unfortunetly not me I'll be in texas that week.

Only the 4th weekend in June is good for me as far as June goes.
I have to double check my calander but I think I am going on vacation with my family.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Advanced

HAHA, thats mine

Always park it along the street, i pretty much live at the bowling alley and Hennigans. Haven't seen many TL's in Mt Joy.

You go to the bowling alley or Hennigans at all?

And yes, I live about 1 min from rockwells so I show up there every now and then

and as far as the owner is concerned, hes a good friend fo mine. about 66 years old but always getting new nice cars. He just got a 2004 545 I, black REALLY NICE. I was actually gonna drive it last night but he was driving the navigator instead of the beamer. He doesnt like the new body style so hes back looking for an older one possibly. Hes also got a linclon navigator and ford expedition, its the cars always parked right at the door entrance on Hennigans side.

He gets all his cars from Max auto sales right down the street, the owner goes to Manheim Auto auction and picks them up for him.
Damn, what a small world. Anyway, I might stop in and buy you a beer sometime, haha. If you see a stock antracite 06 in mount joy, its bound to be me. Honk your ass off if you want to, lol. I frequent Hennigans deck in the summer so I might see you around. TL looks good, keep it shinin'.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Instructor

A stuffed pig on steroids......

Does that mean it runs really strong, or runs like a dead pig, who has steroids injected in him...essentially not well?

I think you mean it runs strong.

Hey Everyone, guess what

I just took a 360 mile round trip to Carlisle this weekend. Here is my trip computer when I returned home

AVg MPG: 34
Avg Speed: 75
Distance: 360 miles

Pretty damn impressive huh!!! I'm so happy with that number (34). Its way beyond what I expected.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hoTLanta
Damn, what a small world. Anyway, I might stop in and buy you a beer sometime, haha. If you see a stock antracite 06 in mount joy, its bound to be me. Honk your ass off if you want to, lol. I frequent Hennigans deck in the summer so I might see you around. TL looks good, keep it shinin'.
Sounds good man Can't wait for the warm weather to come, the deck will be open soon enough
Old 04-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Instructor

A stuffed pig on steroids......

Does that mean it runs really strong, or runs like a dead pig, who has steroids injected in him...essentially not well?

I think you mean it runs strong.

Hey Everyone, guess what

I just took a 360 mile round trip to Carlisle this weekend. Here is my trip computer when I returned home

AVg MPG: 34
Avg Speed: 75
Distance: 360 miles

Pretty damn impressive huh!!! I'm so happy with that number (34). Its way beyond what I expected.
Some good numbers there, i got 29 going to NY once but that was in cold weather.

Guessing this was on a turnpike trip that you averaged that high of speed. I haven't tested my TL averaging that high of speed so hopefully I'll get those numbers too as I travel a lot in the summer time
Old 04-03-2006, 08:40 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Mpg

Good Monday morning!

I went from 13 mpg to finally 20 mpg just doing daily city driving; on the turnpike (to Philly) I've gotten around the 34 mpg. I'll take the 20/34 mpg; especially with fuel increasing - again. Saturday morning, 93 octane at Hess was at $2.80 p/gallon - again.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
FOR SALE - BM

dang... ive been conveniently taking my GF car over the weekend bc gas is rediculous... its 2.71 at the wawa for premium .. its been creeping up for about 2 weeks now.... I hope it dosn't get up to post Katrina prices of above $3.00 . if there is any philly meets let me know.... im down....
Old 04-03-2006, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by KJW73
Good Monday morning!

I went from 13 mpg to finally 20 mpg just doing daily city driving; on the turnpike (to Philly) I've gotten around the 34 mpg. I'll take the 20/34 mpg; especially with fuel increasing - again. Saturday morning, 93 octane at Hess was at $2.80 p/gallon - again.
hey well its 2.90+ up here in NY where I am for school I am just hoping it doenst creep over to 3 dollarse ever.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Cruisin'

Pittsburgh (Penn Hills) checking in. 2004 TL RRP/Ebony/6MT/NAVI. Still loving it after 11 months. Anyone else in the area noticing that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a TL these days :-)
Old 04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Instructor

doh..Just paid $2.99 for premium last night at Sheetz
Old 04-03-2006, 12:40 PM
'06 Acura TL

Philly Meet

I think we should have a meet in philly soon, because it sounds like there are a lot of people around in the area.

And then during the summer we could meet up again Harrisburg or wherever.

Quick Reply: TL Owners in PA...