TL Owners in PA...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
Originally Posted by KJW73
Hey there!
Did you get your TSX at Rahal?
yup I sure did. I think we should work on organizing a meet sometime.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:43 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
yup I sure did. I think we should work on organizing a meet sometime.
I think we should too!

Rahal is also where I bought mine and continue to get it serviced there; if it's one thing that Faulkner lacks is an Acura dealership, or I probably would have went through them. I had bought a few of my Honda's from Faulkner because it was so close by.

Well, it's nice to know that there are other locals on the board!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:02 PM

I think we should too!

Rahal is also where I bought mine and continue to get it serviced there; if it's one thing that Faulkner lacks is an Acura dealership, or I probably would have went through them. I had bought a few of my Honda's from Faulkner because it was so close by.

Well, it's nice to know that there are other locals on the board!
Well I think Rahal has great service. A buddy of mine works there too. So you have anyplans for doing anything to your TL at all.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Well I think Rahal has great service. A buddy of mine works there too. So you have anyplans for doing anything to your TL at all.
There was a night and day difference between the service I receive at Rahal than what I did with Faulkner; I will admit that their Honda service sucked at times (particularly when they used a clamp on my wheel to take it off and put huge gauges in it, then ignored me for 6 months about it because they didn't want to have to pay for another wheel; after a call to the GM, they ended up having a wheel doctor fix it the next day...). Rahal has treated me like a queen!

I don't know what I want to do with the TL. I really like the ASPEC kit and regret not having it installed when I bought the car. And I really can't afford $6900 for Rahal to install it as an afterthought either. But, what I am really interested in getting now is the lip spoiler, which I plan on having by the end of summer. And depending on my finances next January when income tax refund comes back around is getting the 18" factory "sparkly" wheels. I was never to fond of the wheels that come with the TL. My 04 Accord coupe v6 6MT had awesome 12 spoke wheels, which would have looked great on the TL. So other than those wishes ( ), the only other thing I'll do is have my b/f change the air filter to a K&N, which he believes will give me a few more horses?? I'm willing to try anything!

What are your plans?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:28 PM

There was a night and day difference between the service I receive at Rahal than what I did with Faulkner; I will admit that their Honda service sucked at times (particularly when they used a clamp on my wheel to take it off and put huge gauges in it, then ignored me for 6 months about it because they didn't want to have to pay for another wheel; after a call to the GM, they ended up having a wheel doctor fix it the next day...). Rahal has treated me like a queen!

I don't know what I want to do with the TL. I really like the ASPEC kit and regret not having it installed when I bought the car. And I really can't afford $6900 for Rahal to install it as an afterthought either. But, what I am really interested in getting now is the lip spoiler, which I plan on having by the end of summer. And depending on my finances next January when income tax refund comes back around is getting the 18" factory "sparkly" wheels. I was never to fond of the wheels that come with the TL. My 04 Accord coupe v6 6MT had awesome 12 spoke wheels, which would have looked great on the TL. So other than those wishes ( ), the only other thing I'll do is have my b/f change the air filter to a K&N, which he believes will give me a few more horses?? I'm willing to try anything!

What are your plans?
Hey if you want to get the lip kit I would be willing to install it for you. I have done all the work on my car except replace the brakes and that wa cause I didnt have time to do it.

I have done a lot to my car so far and plan to do a lot more to it in the near future. Here are a couple of shots of my car. I plan to add the comptech supercharger, big brake kit, racing seats and harnesses, and rebuild my audio system.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:41 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Hey if you want to get the lip kit I would be willing to install it for you. I have done all the work on my car except replace the brakes and that wa cause I didnt have time to do it.

I have done a lot to my car so far and plan to do a lot more to it in the near future. Here are a couple of shots of my car. I plan to add the comptech supercharger, big brake kit, racing seats and harnesses, and rebuild my audio system.
Unfortunately, according to Rahal service...if I want them to extend the powertrain warranty (which I missed) I have to have everything done with them (e.g. oil changes, inspections, mods, etc.). Not so good for my wallet, but it's worth getting the additional powertrain warranty.

Your car looks fabulous! BTW - what does the front windshield say? All I can make out is "W".... are you in a local car club?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

CCColtsicehockey...

Forgot to mention that I love the color of your TSX; I had a 2006 in the color as a loaner last week... very nice!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:52 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Exclamation CCColtsicehockey!!

Unfortunately, according to Rahal service...if I want them to extend the powertrain warranty (which I missed) I have to have everything done with them (e.g. oil changes, inspections, mods, etc.). Not so good for my wallet, but it's worth getting the additional powertrain warranty.

Your car looks fabulous! BTW - what does the front windshield say? All I can make out is "W".... are you in a local car club?
All right - CCColticehockey!! I figured this out now.

I saw that "WR" on the top of your windshield and KNEW that I recognized it from somewhere. I work with Jut Imes and Dave Maurer. Small, small, small world! LOL. So I went to their website...looked for a TSX and there you were.

I'm tripping off of this! Those guys are my fast n furious buddies...
Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM

Dont let Rahal scare you like that cause its not true. Its just a gimick to try to get your money.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:08 PM

I saw that "WR" on the top of your windshield and KNEW that I recognized it from somewhere. I work with Jut Imes and Dave Maurer. Small, small, small world! LOL. So I went to their website...looked for a TSX and there you were.

I'm tripping off of this! Those guys are my fast n furious buddies...
Dang this is a small small world. Yeah I joined up with them last year so its been a year I have been WR now. I am still getting to konw them all but joined in after knowing the one of the guys in the club for a while. Well Hopefully we can meet up sometime.

Not sure if you have any interest just thought I would share with everyone in PA but THE East Coast SEMA auto show is April 8th and 9th in Fort Washington, PA at the Fort Washington Expo Center. My car will be there however if you want to see it all attend sunday instead of saturday since the car will be locked up saturday since I wont be there.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:11 PM

I work with Jut Imes and Dave Maurer. Small, small, small world! LOL.
So where do you work at.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:31 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

So where do you work at.
I work in the county administration building; Jut and Dave work in IT.

I had to email them to let them know of my discovery. hahaha.

They mentioned of a car meet in Hershey coming up???
Old 03-27-2006, 02:59 PM

I work in the county administration building; Jut and Dave work in IT.

I had to email them to let them know of my discovery. hahaha.

They mentioned of a car meet in Hershey coming up???
thats cool . I am not sure what show they are talking about. this is the only one I know of Tuner Wars Hershey, PA. Giant Center May 14th 2006. You should email them again and ask about it.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:46 PM
GOLDEN NUGGET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally from Far NE Philly...lived in Valley Forge for the past 10 years..15 minutes from the KOP mall. Work in outlet capital of the world..Reading PA (also crime capital of the world). I travel west on 422 every morning around 7-7:30 am..I see quite a few TLer's out there...Bought the car at Montgomeryville Acura, but all service is done at Reading Honda/Acura (now Piazza). Great guys there. Had my 95 Integra, 98 Accord Coupe, and now the TL all taken care of there.
Flyers rule...My plate is FLYERZ-I..wave if you see me.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Intermediate

Kutztown area here! Near Reading. Also bought at Piazza.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 AM
Instructor

I won't be waving.........

look, a bird!

Old 03-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Intermediate

Lehigh Valley, 06 TL WDP from Lehigh Valley Acura. 06 replaced an 02 TL-S. 02 TL-S replaced a 96(?) 3.0 CL which replaced a 96(?) 2.2 CL. First three Acura's were green mostly because that is what they had in stock. I was stuck between the WDP and Redondo Red, but the wife like WPD better and cast the tie breaking vote.

I found LV Acura to be very fair to deal with - if anyone wants a referral I'm happy to provide one and possibly save you some negotiating time.

For the Hbg crowd - my car came from Rahal on a dealer trade.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:04 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Question (for poops and giggle purposes only).

I'd like the opinions from other PA TLer's. On a previous thread a while back, some guy from the west told me that having gold emblems on my car make me out to be as if I'm an old fart; e.g. he said, "What? Are you in your '70's?" . So, it's stuck with me for whatever reason and thinking about it, I don't see many TL's with the gold emblem kit. Locally, I do see a guy with a NBP that has the gold emblems and it looks okay to me.

My b/f had suggested the gold emblems because of the WDP car. So, I went with it, figuring on I never had the gold emblems on any other car I owned and I wanted something different.

Now this may vary from region to region around the state/country. Who knows? But, I do know that at least in the Harrisburg area there are plenty of people with gold emblems on their cars (you may see gold emblems on a 1987 mini van with chrome stop-n-go wheels that cost more than the car itself, but not on TL's ).

Any thoughts?
Old 03-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Blue Wild Angel Music

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NO GOLD...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Turbonator
NO GOLD...
dont get the gold emplems. I personally do think that there are probably older pepole driving the car when I see one with gold emblems.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Instructor

So everyone from around the H-burg area. What places do you suggest for wintow tinting?

I got my 94 accord done at sun limits toward lancaster but wanted to see if anyone has some good places to go. I plan on getting my TL tinted here quite soon.

Thanks for the help

To: CCColtsHockey

Where did you get that screen in front of shifter installed at?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:20 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

dont get the gold emplems. I personally do think that there are probably older pepole driving the car when I see one with gold emblems.
Unfortunately, it's a bit too late for that now. I had the kit put on when I took delivery of the car in November. Personally, if my beloved b/f wouldn't have mentioned about it...I doubt I would have gotten them on. But, now that I spent $156 to get the plastic on...and I've only had the car 4 months...I really don't want to feel like that I've wasted my money. However, I don't believe I will be keeping them for the life of the car. I think when I've at least had the car for a year, I'll get rid of the 24k gold. LOL. 24k gold plated, that is.

I don't think my car looks "ghetto". Now, if I had 20" bling-bling wheels and my car all "pimped out"...I would agree. But, it's just straight up factory with a little gold (which BTW, gold is "in" now...as much as I am a platinum/white gold/silver kind-a-gal). A little fashion tid bit for ya...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback! That's why I keep coming back!
...signing off for now is your "ghetto-ness" KJW73.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:55 PM

so do we want to start planning a meet now guys.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Cruisin'

so do we want to start planning a meet now guys.
I am definitely interested in a meet. I just picked up my NBP/Ebony Navi 6MT last night and want to get out there with other TL owners. Unfortunately, I work a lot of weekends during the summer so I hope I am able to attend.

Damn, I didn't notice there were so many TL's in Pittsburgh until I got mine and started to drive around. This is a real popular car in this area.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Blue Wild Angel Music

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=KJW73]I don't think my car looks "ghetto". Now, if I had 20" bling-bling wheels and my car all "pimped out"...I would agree. But, it's just straight up factory with a little gold (which BTW, gold is "in" now...as much as I am a platinum/white gold/silver kind-a-gal).QUOTE]

I'm sure your car doesn't look ghetto...perhaps wrong smiley

Trust me...your car is better looking than my 02 WDP TL....I'd gladly trade...gold emblems too. ...actually I think it would prob. look the best on a WDP
Old 03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Pro

Received 158 Likes on 90 Posts
Philadelphia here
Old 03-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TL-GIXXER
Philadelphia here
TL-GIXXER - first, get out of my mom's bed! (cracking up at that)

What Gixxer do you have? I've got an '04 600 slightly tweaked. Hardly ever ride it though...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by becker800
So everyone from around the H-burg area. What places do you suggest for wintow tinting?

I got my 94 accord done at sun limits toward lancaster but wanted to see if anyone has some good places to go. I plan on getting my TL tinted here quite soon.

Thanks for the help

To: CCColtsHockey

Where did you get that screen in front of shifter installed at?
I would suggest getting them tinted at Creative Cartoons in Lemoyne, PA across the river from Harrisburg.

The screen I bought from a guy in Florida who sold his tsx. However you should be able to get some done at Creative Car Tunes as they are a stereo shop that has done a lot of show cars.

http://creativecar-tunes.com
Old 03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Instructor

My father wanted me to get the gold emblems on my Acura. he's 68 if that gives you any clue.

goddddddddddddddddd i'm tired of waiting for my car to arrive. Dealer said it would be in today, possibly yesterday. Now its either possibly tommorow, or definitely thursday.

The price of ordering manual with navigation.

When and where do we want to meet? I figure Harrisburg would be good because its the Central part of the state.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by becker800
I was wondering if there was anyone from my area on here.

I am from Elizabethtown, PA area, right around harrisburg.
NY Giants fan here, Eagles suck

I'll sum up PA weather for everyone, 80 degrees on a particular day, 1 week later, snowing and 30

When this nice weather gonna come back so we can enjoy our TL's much more

Im right down the street from you in Mount Joy to be exact. Do you know where Hennigans is? Its a restaraunt right next to the bowling alley. There is always a Black TL parked in the lot, right along main street there. I wonder if its the owner.

I got a bunch of buddies from E-Town. You go to TJ Rockwells at all?

And I definitely hear you about the weather lately. WTF?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Instructor

any Pittsburgh guys want to do a short notice meet at the Waterfront or Robinson in the next couple weeks?

Meet on a tuesday night, Ride, and then take our TL's down to Quaker steak n Lube for all you can eat wing night!

mmmhh, wings....
Old 03-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by clausda0
any Pittsburgh guys want to do a short notice meet at the Waterfront or Robinson in the next couple weeks?

Meet on a tuesday night, Ride, and then take our TL's down to Quaker steak n Lube for all you can eat wing night!

mmmhh, wings....
Kristian, I just replied to your PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:55 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by hoTLanta
Im right down the street from you in Mount Joy to be exact. Do you know where Hennigans is? Its a restaraunt right next to the bowling alley. There is always a Black TL parked in the lot, right along main street there. I wonder if its the owner.

I've been to TJ Rockwell's; drank too much and played volleyball there a while back (it's always fun to make an ass out of yourself while intoxicated! ). Actually, I believe it was still called Mookies then?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:13 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by clausda0
My father wanted me to get the gold emblems on my Acura. he's 68 if that gives you any clue.

goddddddddddddddddd i'm tired of waiting for my car to arrive. Dealer said it would be in today, possibly yesterday. Now its either possibly tommorow, or definitely thursday.

The price of ordering manual with navigation.

When and where do we want to meet? I figure Harrisburg would be good because its the Central part of the state.
HAH! That's cute about your father's request. Oh well, I figured my car is at least unique. Rather than like being just like the old man who I saw yesterday driving my exact same car, but with the regular emblems. LOL. Or like the lady in my neighborhood who also has the exact same car, minus the gold emblems. I'll be different.

Let's meet up sometime in June or July? Preferably a Saturday? Or not?? Harrisburg is 90 miles west of Philly and Pittsburgh is 203 miles west of Harrisburg. There is City Island downtown with large parking lots, as well, if anyone planned on staying over, there is the Hilton or Crowne Plaza nearby (as well as others). Also, downtown has many, many bars, restaurants, and clubs for after the meet. Just ask me - I used to be in business development for the county; I'm up on the economic development issues. LOL.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:13 AM

Hmm City Island parking lot. Have they repaved that yet cause I will bottom out all over that if they havent it sucks. I say we should meet on the top level or the small parking garage on city island instead.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
'06 Acura TL

Hey Guys!

Originally from Florida, but I am up here for school...I goto Villanova! GO Wildcats! (should have won the NCAA but we played TERRIBLE)

Crashed my first car poor Jetta! But I just bought a new '06 TL w/ Navi & ASpec (well almost)
Just got some blacked out tail lights and side markers, gonna get my windows tinted today!

I gotta agree, there are a ton of Acura's around here. I'm trying to keep it sort of stock, but disguish it from everyone else.

Anyway! Definetly interested in a meet! Harrisburg is about an hour away, but anywhere around Philly would be great too!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:30 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Hmm City Island parking lot. Have they repaved that yet cause I will bottom out all over that if they havent it sucks. I say we should meet on the top level or the small parking garage on city island instead.
Yea, I haven't been over to City Island since some time ago, even though I work right across the bridge from it. A parking garage would work...
Old 03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hoTLanta

HAHA, thats mine

Always park it along the street, i pretty much live at the bowling alley and Hennigans. Haven't seen many TL's in Mt Joy.

You go to the bowling alley or Hennigans at all?

And yes, I live about 1 min from rockwells so I show up there every now and then

and as far as the owner is concerned, hes a good friend fo mine. about 66 years old but always getting new nice cars. He just got a 2004 545 I, black REALLY NICE. I was actually gonna drive it last night but he was driving the navigator instead of the beamer. He doesnt like the new body style so hes back looking for an older one possibly. Hes also got a linclon navigator and ford expedition, its the cars always parked right at the door entrance on Hennigans side.

He gets all his cars from Max auto sales right down the street, the owner goes to Manheim Auto auction and picks them up for him.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Instructor

I would suggest getting them tinted at Creative Cartoons in Lemoyne, PA across the river from Harrisburg.

The screen I bought from a guy in Florida who sold his tsx. However you should be able to get some done at Creative Car Tunes as they are a stereo shop that has done a lot of show cars.

http://creativecar-tunes.com
Yeah ive been down to creative car-tunes before when I had my old 94 accord, I was thinking about heading up to there sometime and seeing what they will charge for the install.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Instructor

Yea, I haven't been over to City Island since some time ago, even though I work right across the bridge from it. A parking garage would work...
I go to City Island quite often, friend of mine has a boat docked there, we go out all the time when the weather is nice.

Last time I was there, the road wasn't too terrible, they've been working on repairs all last year right around the entrances.

We usually take his truck up so I can't remember how it would be in our cars.

Quick Reply: TL Owners in PA...