Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Deals in Houston - Sterlin McCall Acura

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TL Deals in Houston - Sterlin McCall Acura

Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum for months now, pretty much since the '04 TL's have been out and I have to say that it has been very informative.

I test drove it finally last weekend and totally fell in love with it. Right there, I put my name down on an Anthracite/Ebony/NAV that is supposed to arrive the first week of April. We didnt talk numbers, so I wanted to ask all of you Houston owners what you got it for. Hopefully I can deal with them.

By the way, this was at Sterling McCall Acura and I've been dealing with Mathew Koshy and Mike Rollinson. They're great guys in my opinion.

Any help would be GREAT! Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Racer

I've heard people have been getting the best deals from Charlie Thomas (Champion) Acura - I know one guy on this forum that came from Dallas and bought his there because they gave the best deal from all the dealerships in both cities
Old 03-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Cruisin'

Wow, that's interesting. I might have to go by there....it'll be great if that's the case, because I live 5 minutes from that dealer.

The main reason I went to Sterling McCall Acura was because they have the most volume cars there and I figured I could get a TL in sooner there than anywhere else. Like I mentioned, they already had one with my color combo choice coming in, whereas I would have had to order it from any of the other 3 Acura dealers in Houston and wait for 2 months.

I'll check it out. Anyone else getting any deals in Houston?
Old 03-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Advanced

Houston

We bought 6 TL's for our company....best deal was Classic Acura in Beaumont....Ask for Craig Cole.

Charlie Thomas came in close second.

Sterling came in third.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Re: Houston

Originally posted by ranberndt
We bought 6 TL's for our company....best deal was Classic Acura in Beaumont....Ask for Craig Cole.

Charlie Thomas came in close second.

Sterling came in third.
Did Craig Cole used to work for Munday Chevrolet in Houston?

Thanks for the input on Houston dealers. I haven't been there in a while, but there used to be a guy named Dick Hammel (I think that's his name) at Charlie Thomas who I thought was a really good guy.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's much, much, better to get your deal in writing BEFORE getting your name on a list, particularly for a specific car. The dealer is well aware that you are going to want that car when it comes in and they will use it to their advantage in negotiating. They may already be thinking of it as an MSRP sale (which is possibly OK if that's the going price in your area, as it still is in some places, particularly with Nav cars). Yes, they know you can walk, but most people won't and will pay more for "their" car.

I'd talk price with your dealer NOW, and get it in writing.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Houston

Originally posted by ranberndt
We bought 6 TL's for our company.....
Can I work for your company?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Cruisin'

Wow....those TL's can't be NAVI's, can they? If they are, your company is awesome!

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm definitely going this weekend to talk some numbers.