3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL 07 with or without Navi - current pricing in MD area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 02:21 AM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
TL 07 with or without Navi - current pricing in MD area?

My current 98 Camry with 200k miles still runs great. Everything under the hood - except the battery and water pump is original. However, I have been getting strong hunches lately that it is time to let go before I start spending big $$$ on major repairs. That leads me to the ONLY car on the market that really interests me - the TL (Can't afford the Bimmers).

My preference is the TL with Navi, but may go without Navi if the price is right. Since 08s are already in, I suspect 07 prices would have to drop. I suspect that I may buy one within a week. I am in the MD, VA, DC area and plan to use Acura financing (they always match or beat the banks anyway). My credit score is way way up there, so, low APR should not be an issue.

Finally, my question...
What would be a superb deal for this vehicle? If you recently purchased one, can you give me an idea of what deal to expect? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i was looking around at TLs

i was qouted at 29900 (thats including destination)plus TTL for a 07 TL non navi - thats here in MASS
Old 08-04-2007, 07:37 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as of 2 wks ago (on long island) i was quoted $30,500 for a non-navi tl and $34,138 for a type s (a/t) - both prices included the $1500 dealer incentive and destination. so i just had to add ttl. i went for the type s and love it. now is the right time as they are starting to run short of colors in the 07's.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
I bought my o6 with nav right before the 07s were out and I got a great deal. Something like 30,500 OTD. Anyway.

Send an email to all the dealers at the same time so they can see that they're all on the distribution list. Nice thing about this area is that there are something like five of them within a 70 mile area. You'll get the run-around with a price quote. I got a bunch of responses like, "Yea, we have that model. When do you want to come in? I work best by appointment." Keep at it and you'll eventually get a price.
Rosenthal promises to beat any price however Pohanka will match them. Where you eventually buy from depends on proximity to where you live. I went with Pohanka as I'm in western Fairfax county. They also have a great service department. See my post from yesterday about awesome dealer service experience.
I would also go with the nav. It's not just an additional feature but an integral part of the car. It interfaces with all the other systems (audio, bluetooth, climate control, ect). You'll be glad you did. Do a search on this forum about converting non-navi to navi and you'll see that there are a quite a number of people who wish they got it.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:52 AM
07TL-CBP

Thanks for the comments so far. Keep em coming.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think 30,000-30,500 for non-NAV and 32,000-32,500 for NAV is the best price you will see. If you see below these prices, beware of a very strong effort to sell you options, paint protection, extended warranty, etc etc - all of which are more ways for them to recapture their profit.

Remember also that the best price does not include attractive financing from the dealer; the 1500 dealer incentive is not available if you go for the below-market rates. So plan on having cash, or financing lined up ahead of time, if you want the best price.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:24 PM
07TL-CBP

Ok, I got one serious offer for a TL w/navi carbon bronze/parchment for $32,200 + $300 processing + $670 Delivery = $33,170 plus TTL. There is also interest from 2 others for roughly around $33,100 - but in varying colors.

So, it looks like this may be the bottom of the barrel? I may go for it. Also, I just found a color that I did not know existed - at least, not common... Desert Mist Metallic. It seems that our only battle may be deciding b/w this and our original carbon bronze.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Secret Agent

Originally Posted by pokin
Ok, I got one serious offer for a TL w/navi carbon bronze/parchment for $32,200 + $300 processing + $670 Delivery = $33,170 plus TTL. There is also interest from 2 others for roughly around $33,100 - but in varying colors.

So, it looks like this may be the bottom of the barrel? I may go for it. Also, I just found a color that I did not know existed - at least, not common... Desert Mist Metallic. It seems that our only battle may be deciding b/w this and our original carbon bronze.

Get rid of the $300.00 processing charge. The "processing charge" is nothing more than addtional profit for the dealer.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 AM
07TL-CBP

Update:
07 TL Navi Carbon Bronze/Taupe is sitting in the driveway! $32.7 OTD + TTL in the most pleasurable auto buying experience that I have ever had - Pohanka Acura, Chantilly, VA. We agreed to all details and terms over the phone; I drove there and the trade was checked; and 5 mins later, I was signing away.

I have always liked the look of the TL and was expecting it to be a reasonably featured car. But man! I didn't really know what I was buying until delivery - when the salesman got in the passenger seat and started talking to the car and ordering it to do stuff. Without pushing one button, he had it do just about everything except drive itself. Acura pulled out all the stops on this car - extremely impressive.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Secret Agent

Congrats!

Sounds a lot like my experience last year. I think I spent 40 minutes at the dealership for the entire process. Everything was done via email and phone. Who was your salesman? If your scheduled service experiences match mine then you are in for more delightful surprises. Props to Pohanka.

I'm glad you went with the Nav option as well. You are obviously not disappointed with it. I've seen many people here wishing they had gotten it when they had the chance. Glad you're not going to be one of them.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Update:
07 TL Navi Carbon Bronze/Taupe is sitting in the driveway! $32.7 OTD + TTL in the most pleasurable auto buying experience that I have ever had - Pohanka Acura, Chantilly, VA. We agreed to all details and terms over the phone; I drove there and the trade was checked; and 5 mins later, I was signing away.

I have always liked the look of the TL and was expecting it to be a reasonably featured car. But man! I didn't really know what I was buying until delivery - when the salesman got in the passenger seat and started talking to the car and ordering it to do stuff. Without pushing one button, he had it do just about everything except drive itself. Acura pulled out all the stops on this car - extremely impressive.
When you said OTD , meaning OUT the door and why there is a + TTL... OTD should be no more fees.

07 TL /Nav should not be over 35,500 OTD.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Instructor

Update:

Me too! I have an 07 TL with NAV sitting in my driveway as of yesterday - Carbon Bronze Pearl, with Black interior (I liked the Taupe, but didn't think I could keep it clean!). I worked out all the details via email, showed up, signed a few papers, then got to sit there and be amazed as the sales guy explained all the features ... way too many to take in at once! My final price was $32,375 + tax, license, etc - $35,375 out the door.

The actual navigation element is no better, overall, than my portable Garmin NUVI navigation unit (which can be had from Amazon at around $400 nowadays). The Nuvi speaks streat names, and seems to have a better graphical presentation, but the fact that I can give the TL's NAV system voice commands, and the whole voice integration with bluetooth, etc, not to mention the rear-view camera (!!), make it worth the money.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
8th Gear

I just bought a 2007 TL base without NAV White Diamond Pearl, Taupe interior, all weather floor mats, trunk tray, side boby molding, mudguard, visor for 32,000 OTD 2 weeks ago Maryland.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
cmd
Instructor

Bought a non Nav 07 last week for $29,5 (including trunk tray, splash guards). You'll get your best deal if they have one on the lot.