Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL 06 or IS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 02:36 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL 06 or IS 350?

Hello everyone Im a brand new member here! I am coming out from a horrible disaster that happend here in my hometown of New Orleans, Louisiana in late August known as Hurricane Katrina. I lost my V6 Honda Accord coupe 2001 fully loaded, my home was flooded and now I am on the market for a new car. I have not had a car since August 30th and I am growing very impatient at this point. I received my insurance check already and I was looking at buying either a Lexus IS350 or the Acura TL 06. I have already been price quoted for the IS at 36,900...This just seems way to high to pay but this car looks awesome in stock form. However I have yet to test out the TL but in stock form its not appealing to me. I am interested in an Automatic. What I am wondering is how much would a bare stock TL with no navi, bluetooth or any of that techie stuff with the A-SPec kit be as a fair and good deal? Can someone please link me to a bunch of pictures with the A-Spec stuff installed in various colors? I plan on going to the dealer soon and might buy a car ASAP but before I venture out Id like to know what a really good deal is before I decide to pay. Also, how good is the handling on the TL compared to the TSX? Ive read a bunch of reviews that say the TSX handles very well. I need a car that handles a lot better than my old 01 accord. I'm eager to hear everyone's opinion on the IS 350 vs the TL 06 since I havent had a car for 4 months now.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Here are some fairly recent threads that compare the two cars you have in mind:

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-just-vegas-129157/

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/price-check-rsx-129136/

If handling really is important to you, then you're right to go for the A-Spec package. But there are other (aftermarket) alternatives, especially if you want the car lowered (the A-Spec suspension doesn't lower the car much, if at all).

For pictures of A-Spec TLs, visit the Photo Gallery section, there'll be plenty of threads there.

P.S. Even a stock TL has Bluetooth and all the electronics (except for Navi). Don't think you can say the same for the IS.

Happy shopping.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:25 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the reason for doing the A-spec is that its a lot less of a hassle. I remember doing various mods to my accord and its just too much of a hassle to deal with. Especially after dropping it with eibach springs and it drove a lot worse than stock. My sister has a TL Type S 03 model and it handles well and looks good enough. Id like some more responses guys please! Id like to get an idea of pricing on base TL's with Apecs options ect...
Old 01-28-2006, 04:05 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by pivo154
Well the reason for doing the A-spec is that its a lot less of a hassle. I remember doing various mods to my accord and its just too much of a hassle to deal with. Especially after dropping it with eibach springs and it drove a lot worse than stock. My sister has a TL Type S 03 model and it handles well and looks good enough. Id like some more responses guys please! Id like to get an idea of pricing on base TL's with Apecs options ect...
The only options on the TL are:

1. Manual vs. Automatic (and you said you already wanted automatic, so that's settled).

2. Navigation or none. You wanted none, so that's settled too.

There, you're done. The base TL comes with:

-DVD surround Audio w/8 speakers
-power heated seats (front)
-leather seating surfaces
-bluetooth
-memory seats
-Xenon headlamps
-XM radio
-iPod connector
-tire pressure monitor
-maintenance minder with exterior temp display
-dual zone auto climate control with solar sensors
-power windows/locks with auto up/down on the front windows
-sunroof (or is it moonroof?) I dont know the difference
-leather wrapped steering wheel with buttons on it for audio and cruise control
-front and side airbags, plus side curtain airbags
-vehicle stability assist and brake assist

and I'm sure there's a few things I forgot.

For this, you'll pay $33325 for the 2006 model. And you can probably get it for a little less.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
We don't need another thread on this issue. Please post further replies in THIS THREAD.