Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint Question (pic included)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint Question (pic included)

is this normal for 4 day old tint? notice the "soapy" spots/streaks. does it go away as it dries out more ?

Old 10-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
are you sure its in between the inside of the window, and the tint film? Like have you tried cleaning the outside of the wondow, and carefully cleaning the inside?
Old 10-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by te3point5
are you sure its in between the inside of the window, and the tint film? Like have you tried cleaning the outside of the wondow, and carefully cleaning the inside?
outside was washed and buffed the day i brought it home from tinter. i use Novus plastic polish on the inside and those spots/streaks just stay there.

any ideas ??
Old 10-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Drifting

All the years that I've had my cars tinted, I never had any suds or bubbles in my tint. if you cannot wipe off a little section of the dried bubbles from the inside nor outside, then take it back to the tint shop and have them redo it.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Instructor

Well that seems alittle extreme...When i got my tinting done i did have some slight water under the tint. (very slight) After about 3 weeks it seemed to go away. I would be prepared to take it back. Every car i've had tinted never had that much water trapped. (if its close take it back, it would probably take 10 years to dry) Oh and i dont really know much about tinting but that seems extreme to me as it does to you....good luck...
Old 10-12-2004, 12:54 AM
10th Gear

Those bubbles are normal...i had mine's tinted last week and those bubbles were there too! But what the tinter never told you was to let the sun dry out the bubbles. If you garaged it since you've got the tint job, the bubbles will never disappear. He told me that if i keep it garaged for a month, the bubbles will be there for a month. I left my car out with the bubble side towards the sun and let the sun do it's thing...now the tint is all clear of bubbles...and what an excellent tint job they did too. Give it a shot. If the sun doesn't help, i'd take it back.

Duy
Old 10-12-2004, 01:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by duy482
Those bubbles are normal...i had mine's tinted last week and those bubbles were there too! But what the tinter never told you was to let the sun dry out the bubbles. If you garaged it since you've got the tint job, the bubbles will never disappear. He told me that if i keep it garaged for a month, the bubbles will be there for a month. I left my car out with the bubble side towards the sun and let the sun do it's thing...now the tint is all clear of bubbles...and what an excellent tint job they did too. Give it a shot. If the sun doesn't help, i'd take it back.

Duy
yes,it has not baked in the sun like you say. how does the sun rid that ?
Old 10-12-2004, 03:51 PM
one -n- only

those are some pretty big bubbles, i suggest you take it back and make them redo it... i've only seen tiny ones and they usually aren't noticable unless seen in the light..
Old 10-12-2004, 04:45 PM
10th Gear

The heat rays from the sun will evaporate the air bubbles and will eventually disappear. Squeezing the bubbles out is not recommended since the areas around the bubbles have already adhere to the glass. Just leave your car in the sun with the windows rolled up. This way the sun ray as well as the interior heat dries up the tint. Let me know if this helps or shows any improvements.

Duy
Old 10-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by duy482
The heat rays from the sun will evaporate the air bubbles and will eventually disappear. Squeezing the bubbles out is not recommended since the areas around the bubbles have already adhere to the glass. Just leave your car in the sun with the windows rolled up. This way the sun ray as well as the interior heat dries up the tint. Let me know if this helps or shows any improvements.

Duy

it's not bubbles (there are some tiny fisheye bubbles, but they are small). it's like water spots on your dishes when you you cheap soap and no rinse agent.

the film is on tight. how about running the heat in the car, i've done that 3 or 4 times already.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Is it all the windows or just one? You really should just take it back, i dont think your heater is going to help. You shouldnt be worrying about these water spots...If after 1 week it doesnt go away completely TAKE IT BACK... I've never seen anything like that...
Try posting the pics on this site and see what thay say.
http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php
Old 10-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ward148
Is it all the windows or just one? You really should just take it back, i dont think your heater is going to help. You shouldnt be worrying about these water spots...If after 1 week it doesnt go away completely TAKE IT BACK... I've never seen anything like that...
Try posting the pics on this site and see what thay say.
http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php
yep, all windows. i did post to tintdude and i got flamed for doing so, they all said it's normal. so now i have to wait and see. if it's a bad application i'll be PO'd

it's already been 5 days and spots have not gradually gone away any.

the heater makes the glass alot (alot) hotter than it just being in the sun.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Instructor

Damn so sorry you got flammed. That is bullshit, i just thought thay may help you out. I'll go check it out...(nowone flammes a TL member and gets away with it)
Old 10-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Cruisin'

Duy is right. It is completly normal to have what looks like water spots on your tint after the job is done. The tint needs to Cure. Leave your car outside and expose it to the sun and they will go away...no worries! The sun heats the glass and therefore evaporates the remaining water between the glass and tint.

Good Luck!