Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying 2007 TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 01:34 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of buying 2007 TL-S

Hey guys, I am a new member! I am trying to buy my first Acura. I have long since pined over the 07/08 TL Type S. I still think they are just awesome all around. I am trying to buy a 2007 TL Type S manual. My state requires a passing safety inspection before I can title it. The seller would not pay for inspection insisting everything is perfect......hmmmm. Ok so 7 things failed. Where I need help is I still want to buy it and I am trying to find the lowest cost OEM parts to buy so I can have my hometown (trusted) mechanic perform the repairs. (1) I am looking for the OEM part/s # for all four struts. (2) I am looking for the OEM part # for the right front lower control arm (3) The guy put in yellow fog lights so I am just looking for basic white OEM fog lights (4) I am looking for OEM rear brakes & pads & calipers (5) This item did not cause a failing inspection but I want to replace this asap since the TL has 103,000 miles and I want to start off with all needed major maintenance so I am looking for OEM parts for the timing belt/water pump and associated seals (6) Also not causing failure but want 100% of the car working as intended I am looking for the Navigation DVD & (7) 2nd OEM key fob - I imagine I will have to get the dealer to code the fob to the vehicle. (8) Last item is that the drivers power seat does not in any direction when you are sitting in it but once you get out it moves so maybe it needs a new seat motor so I'd like to know that OEM part #. I'm asking for the OEM part numbers because I want to return to stock and so I can search the web for the best prices assuming I'm comparing apples to apples. I really love the TL Type S so I'm moving forward with the purchase so I really appreciate any help I can get and if this is all too much I understand that as well.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The following is posted at the top of the New Member Introductions forum: Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved to the model specific forum.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Drifting

Received 595 Likes on 444 Posts
Easiest place to find part numbers:
- www.acuraoemparts.com
- www.oemacuraparts.com

There are several others that have web shops that have OE parts, these just happen to be the two I usually buy from. Don't forget about rockauto.com as well for many parts. Quite often I shop my local Honda dealer for a lot of the basic common maintenance parts when in a time crunch. I get my air filter, radiator cap, fluids, wipers, and such at my local Honda dealer.

1.) check the parts sites posted
2.) check the parts sites posted
3.) I think those are H8 bulbs...I have an '05 so not 100% on the '07
4.) check the parts sites posted....this is where rock auto will probably be better for more options
5.) The TB/WP kits I think are on Amazon.....lots of threads in the past 6 months cover that in depth fairly well.
6.) No idea
7.) ebay is probably your friend
8.) check the parts sites posted. I would spend more time researching what is wrong here before just throwing parts at it.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts
Buy it before someone else does!
Old 09-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
I hope the price is commensurate with all this work. I found del ray acura has good prices and great service I believe it's one of the links Jack notes. I'd also suggest changing tensioner too with timing belt along with drive belts.