They tried to get me!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 04:15 PM
under renovations....

They tried to get me!!!!!!

I come out my house to go to work this morning I get into my car and start to back up. Suddenly I feel the rear dip to the right like it's a flat or something. I get out and look and see no flat tire at all. I standing there like wtf!! I noticed the rear wheel was sticking out way past the rear quarter and was like ok that's not normal. I noticed the lugs were missing all but one so I checked all the other wheels and they were missing 4 lugs on each wheel too. They are trying to steal my Type S wheels!! It turns out they also broke into another car on my street as well. But they didn't touch my Integra at all I hate damn thieves!!!! I'm gonna catch them thats for sure and when I do I'm not calling the cops at all.
Old 05-18-2009 | 04:24 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

damn!!! you lucky. Wheel Locks FTMFW!!

personally i would've been all over that gs-r and said F the TL
Old 05-18-2009 | 04:24 PM
Pro

your lucking thats the power of wheel locks, good stuff bro, where was your TEG, on the street?
Old 05-18-2009 | 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Dayum, that bites. Did they leave the lug nuts lying there? Hope you catch those punks!
Old 05-18-2009 | 04:38 PM
Racer

all these threads bout wheel thefts (and possible wheel thefts)...ugh..gonna be a long summer, it seems. At least the wheel locks did their job.
Old 05-18-2009 | 04:49 PM
Pro

i hate thieves!!!

where do you park your car at nightly? streetside? driveway? apt complex?

just curious.. it seems alot of this is happening on the side of the street
Old 05-18-2009 | 05:44 PM
RETIRED

I'm glad you still have your shoes for your car. I remember reading a post the day after Easter about some dudes type-s wheels being stolen out of his driveway. Holy crap man, whats with people stealing stock wheels? If you're gonna steal something, why not go all out and get a set of aftermarket wheels?
Old 05-18-2009 | 05:54 PM
Team Owner

Things are running amuck in Boogie Town. It sounds like it's time for lug locks for your wheels Cuban.
Old 05-18-2009 | 06:00 PM
Instructor

most thieves would of targeted the GSR (me being a victim myself) but that sounds pretty strange that they would continue to take off all 4 lug nuts on every wheel even though the lock was preventing them from taking the first one
Old 05-18-2009 | 06:02 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

locks are no good. lol

its a shame its a universal key on us 2G TLs and 1G RLss
Old 05-18-2009 | 06:40 PM
Newb

park your car in the garage, or invest in 5 different wheel locks!
Old 05-18-2009 | 07:06 PM
From a 2G to a 3G!

1 time for CUBA! lol j/k

Im cuban too..
Old 05-18-2009 | 07:24 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
damn!!! you lucky. Wheel Locks FTMFW!!

personally i would've been all over that gs-r and said F the TL
Me too hahah

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
I come out my house to go to work this morning I get into my car and start to back up. Suddenly I feel the rear dip to the right like it's a flat or something. I get out and look and see no flat tire at all. I standing there like wtf!! I noticed the rear wheel was sticking out way past the rear quarter and was like ok that's not normal. I noticed the lugs were missing all but one so I checked all the other wheels and they were missing 4 lugs on each wheel too. They are trying to steal my Type S wheels!! It turns out they also broke into another car on my street as well. But they didn't touch my Integra at all I hate damn thieves!!!! I'm gonna catch them thats for sure and when I do I'm not calling the cops at all.
you are lucky man
Originally Posted by spicynoodle116
park your car in the garage, or invest in 5 different wheel locks!
hahah i though abou that
Old 05-18-2009 | 07:30 PM
Instructor

yup those thieves all deserve more then a whooping... i suggest what i did ... and that's installing cameras since i cannot park my car in the garage do to some machining tools.... i put up cameras
Old 05-18-2009 | 07:32 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

damn dat suks bro
Old 05-18-2009 | 07:43 PM
Burning Brakes

haha love your avatar OP
Old 05-18-2009 | 07:52 PM
Full A-Spec 08 CBP TL-S

Originally Posted by TimTim
I'm glad you still have your shoes for your car. I remember reading a post the day after Easter about some dudes type-s wheels being stolen out of his driveway. Holy crap man, whats with people stealing stock wheels? If you're gonna steal something, why not go all out and get a set of aftermarket wheels?
That would be me, what sucks is that after something like this happens you get paranoid even in your own house, i have to go through the hassle of moving cars every morning because i have to park my TL in the garage.
Old 05-18-2009 | 10:21 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Maybe the thieves wanted your lugnuts or wanted to mess with you possibly. I know theives are dumb, but why they couldn't see those locks and work on the locks first before taking the other lugs amazes me if they really wanted your wheels.

I'm also wondering what's up with all the TL wheels getting stolen. Perhaps theives are taking them because they need new tires and stealing wheels are cheaper than popping for tires. Not sure on that theory. I remember in the late mid-80's when Toyota Pickup cab vents were getting stolen all over San Diego - never figured that one out either but know the crummy plastic vent cost about $50 to replace- go figure on how that theft wave started.
Old 05-18-2009 | 10:32 PM
Unregistered User

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer
Maybe the thieves wanted your lugnuts or wanted to mess with you possibly. I know theives are dumb, but why they couldn't see those locks and work on the locks first before taking the other lugs amazes me if they really wanted your wheels.

I'm also wondering what's up with all the TL wheels getting stolen. Perhaps theives are taking them because they need new tires and stealing wheels are cheaper than popping for tires. Not sure on that theory. I remember in the late mid-80's when Toyota Pickup cab vents were getting stolen all over San Diego - never figured that one out either but know the crummy plastic vent cost about $50 to replace- go figure on how that theft wave started.
It's all a conspiracy by the dealers to increase business through new accessories and wheels.
Old 05-18-2009 | 11:58 PM
under renovations....

I didn't have locks on at all when they did this. And I don't know why they didn't go for my teg but if they would have my alarm on that would've sent them screaming away cause it's loud as hell. I just put locks on it this morning after all this happened. And all 3 of my cars are parked on the street but not in the Boogie Down!!! I had my teg then my accord then the tl all in line parked.

I also found out the other car they broke into they threw a rock through the windsheild and took the gps out of it. I'll be sleeping with one eye open for a bit and let's just say I have something nicely pointed in the direction of my cars. I won't hesitate to pop it and go right back to sleep and leave them laying there til the morning. But I got something more devious planned if I get my hands on these assholes.

They must've been amatuers though cause why smash a window with a rock just for a gps and then jack my lugs in the hopes of getting my wheels and don't actually take them ya know. My guess is either they got spooked by something or thye didn't come prepared to do the job!! either way they got something coming to them!!

Btw thanks for all the comments guys, I guess we gotta keep our eyes open now it's about to get hot out here!!!
Old 05-19-2009 | 12:03 AM
7th Gear

damn that sucks, at least you quickly realized that you were missing the lugnuts and didnt start driving on 1 lug
Old 05-19-2009 | 02:49 AM
Racer

damn man at least you had the locks. my eg hatch got stolen in jan and i was heated there goes 20k of investments. i now have a camera facing out my window and a CWP. screw jackers
Old 05-19-2009 | 03:50 AM
Instructor

As i said in previous "stolen" threads. Tis the season, with summer coming peeps are on the prowl. Be careful with what you do Cuban. And if i were you next couple days be on the alert. Im in the BX as well what section are you in. Someone mentioned in one of my threads after my acura symbol was stolen from my driveway.. TRUNK MONKEY??
Old 05-19-2009 | 06:05 AM
Banned

Damn, those Type-S wheels must fetch a pretty penny on the market.

Glad I park on a nice incline.
Old 05-19-2009 | 06:15 AM
Drifting

OP, sounds like it could have been worse. Consider yourself lucky!

If your wheels do get stolen, I bet you'll find them on CraigsList.

As for me, I rock 2 different sets of locks and every nut is a lock!
Old 05-19-2009 | 07:03 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

$hit like this is what get people paranoid. ( had my wife check the car in the garage cuz im out of town) its been a week so i had to check LMAO

op, your probably right they didn't come prepared for the job or just wanted to see you f*k your car up. at least they left 1 lug on instead of none and you try to drive off. that would've been alot worse than them just stealing 4 lugs off each tire.
Old 05-19-2009 | 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Trunk Monkey (shotgun version).........chick chick
Old 05-19-2009 | 10:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Summer is here and a bunch of losers are out on the prowl with nothing to do. Glad you still have your wheels, Lynx. I'm seeing to many threads about wheel thefts and
break-ins. I guess it's time to polish the old steel and clean the chambers.
Old 05-19-2009 | 12:23 PM
Safety Car

holy shit what id do to those motherf*kers if id catch em! Id break all their fingers and kick their teeth in.... lets see if they wanna steal after that!!
Old 05-19-2009 | 05:25 PM
under renovations....

Trust me i am gonna catch them cause now me a few neighbors are on alert so if one of us catches them we're all coming out but I'm gonna be on some next level sh*t I got something very horrific planned for them. Btw this didn't happen in the bronx it happened in westchester. and this is the first time something like this happened in 10 yrs on this street.
Old 05-19-2009 | 08:34 PM
Drifting

dangit.. i bought my TL because my Civic got stolen.. sold my s2000 so my seats wouldnt get stolen.. and now all these tl wheels getting stolen!! ARGH.. good thing you had wheel locks man!
Old 05-19-2009 | 11:02 PM
5th Gear

guess I better get another set of wheel locks