3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tha TL's Time Might Have Expired

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As one of the younger drivers on this forum, I would like to vouch for the fact that it is possible to pay for a TL in total at this age, but highly unlikely. I find it hard to believe that someone similar in age could be even considering purchasing a $43,000 car and losing potentially up to $5,000 in trade value from the TL. Now, if it was true that you did pay for EVERYTHING, my advice to you would to consider some logic. If you claim to have worked hard for every penny you made towards your vehicle, would it not be sensible to keep your car and buy a better car in the future instead of losing thousands simply by swapping it out? You have to realize that you should be thankful for what you drive at this moment in time. How many teenagers, even adults can afford the TL to drive? I paid for over half my car through different investments and I admit with no shame, my parents put down the rest for my car. Someone almost killed me in my first car accident and I had my insurance settlements + money previously saved up. Now, if what you are saying is true(about earning everything to purchase yourself), my advice to you would be to learn some thankfulness. Honestly, how could you possibly criticize a car that you drive that a majority of people will never drive in a lifetime? I love my car and I'm thankful. If you realize that these compulsive financial actions of yours could be detrimental to your future, that only denudes your lacking sense of logic. Man, I don't mean to hate, but c'mon now, be a little appreciative of what you have.

- kang

PS - To Dr.Murdock: I agree that all the bashing of the youth is unecessary, but you have to understand that if we were in the same position, we would probably be doing the same thing. I think it mostly stems from the fact that there's an age bias creating assumptions that young TL driver = spoiled rich brat, which personally I wouldn't like to be labeled as, but nevertheless unavoidable in some cases. I personally don't care...I used to get crap all the time back when I surfed the forums frequently and for that exact reason I only come on the forums whenever I need something now.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I'm assuming you down have to pay the following:

Rent or Mortgage
Car Insurance and/or Homeowner's
Utilities
Phone or Cell
Cable/Internet
Food
Household items
Credit Bills

Forgive me if I left off anything else.

If this is true and you aren't looking to save for anything besides a car. Then go ahead and buy it. I guess you want to be riding around and living in a used GS in 4 years as your cohorts are getting new rides, remembering the good old days when your car was "the car". There are other things in life.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Go B's Go

Balzzz, I have read in your previous posts that you want to put a new audio system, tires/rims into your 04TL. But now you decide that you want to trade it in or sell your car for a GS? And did you not say that the 04 TL was handed down to you by your brother or something...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Murdock
I dont see why a lot of you people are hating on the young people(like myself) with nice cars. I wont lie - my father got my me 04TL, even though i never asked him to, nor did i ever mention to him to get me a car of any kind.
We're not hating on young people - people are simply calling on ballzzz's income/expense math. The older ones are also offering advice based on their experience in being both (a) young and (b) not so young.

Disagreement <> hate.

Mike
Old 04-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Wow...

Save your money and come back to reality.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:01 PM
9th Gear

$397.00 a week (net) is $12.81 an hour claiming Single and 00.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
me have turned 17 a month ago, paid for half of my 2nd gen TL,

and gas, insurance, cell bill, and other bullshit to deal with, basically i get by just to pay this shit and in the end up with a lil cash for a few mods if im lucky.
Damn i need another job SHIT. CCR is boringgg.

The rest of the money goes for the future...
Old 04-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Advanced

Yes BstonBruin brother gave it to me. I pay it monthly. Ok now since everyone here is so educated and so smart with their expenses mabey we all forgot a few things. A few street smarts. One for instance who said i work on the books? Two their is no possible way i could have insurance under my name at 17 let alone a tl. Lets also remember i am very gratefull for what i have i am gratefull i can work for what i have and can be happy with what i have. I find it hard to Believe that everyone here or mostly everyone is assuming i make 400 a week if you go over my post mabey go back to 2nd grade before all the mbas and degees and re-read it you will find me quote"Just think about it at the least u make 400 a week" never did i say i make it or anything to that effect. I make different amounts monthly i do different things. Besides that fact i want to thank all who gave me great knowledgeable advice. I myself am also a business man and understand the importance of saving my money busting my ass now and living it up when i am older. I have to disagree with some on the notion that school = success because that is not always true. School only moldes you to your major. It basically gets you in the door somewhere which i dont really need. Now if you dont have that drive and those skills you will get a job dont get me wrong but you will definatly not change your status in life. I myself do not want to go to college but i do see myself going. I have people skills i am sociable and can talk people into things(stock broker) i do not want to do that though. I want to do real estate. So i got a few hooks at honda audi toyota so if i do not go to college i will sell cars which also uses my people skills. Until i have enough capital to start buyign and selling homes then soon small building then large ones and soo on. I do have to agree that it is nice to have a diploma you always have that to fall back on no matter what. I do not know how this thread turned into my life but once again thank you for the advice. 1
Old 04-17-2005, 11:29 PM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
Yes BstonBruin brother gave it to me. I pay it monthly. Ok now since everyone here is so educated and so smart with their expenses mabey we all forgot a few things. A few street smarts. One for instance who said i work on the books? Two their is no possible way i could have insurance under my name at 17 let alone a tl. Lets also remember i am very gratefull for what i have i am gratefull i can work for what i have and can be happy with what i have. I find it hard to Believe that everyone here or mostly everyone is assuming i make 400 a week if you go over my post mabey go back to 2nd grade before all the mbas and degees and re-read it you will find me quote"Just think about it at the least u make 400 a week" never did i say i make it or anything to that effect. I make different amounts monthly i do different things. Besides that fact i want to thank all who gave me great knowledgeable advice. I myself am also a business man and understand the importance of saving my money busting my ass now and living it up when i am older. I have to disagree with some on the notion that school = success because that is not always true. School only moldes you to your major. It basically gets you in the door somewhere which i dont really need. Now if you dont have that drive and those skills you will get a job dont get me wrong but you will definatly not change your status in life. I myself do not want to go to college but i do see myself going. I have people skills i am sociable and can talk people into things(stock broker) i do not want to do that though. I want to do real estate. So i got a few hooks at honda audi toyota so if i do not go to college i will sell cars which also uses my people skills. Until i have enough capital to start buyign and selling homes then soon small building then large ones and soo on. I do have to agree that it is nice to have a diploma you always have that to fall back on no matter what. I do not know how this thread turned into my life but once again thank you for the advice. 1

"mayn hol up that boy got crunk, lettin yall no he got the future set." "The world is urs"
Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Cruisin'

everybody made sum good points bout his age...but i would give him da benefit of da doubt just cuz i was 18 makin a decent living...abt 4100@month...but,,i didnt let it get to my head and go out n get into a new kar...6 months into da job position got terminated by new owners...moral of all this??? i have no clue
Old 04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Racer

Buddy, let me educate you on the business world. I have been actively seeking a role in business since the age of 13 and successfully put up my own business for a year at the age of 16 and recently shut it down due to lack of time. Regardless of people skills, education serves as a prerequisite to a copasetic financial life. The way you speak online already shows that you do not know how to properly address people with correct decorum necessary in the business sense. When dealing with customers, you not only need to show that you are educated, you need to approach them in a sensible and composed manner. Realistically speaking, you're correct in the sense that degree doesn't always mean money because at this current moment in time in the United States, degrees earned are being wasted exponentionally. However, the success rate is much higher for entering a middle class income. For a real world example, selling cars...like you said. In the application process the employee in charge of selecting the qualified applicants to interview would prefer college diploma over high school diploma anyday. During the interview process would be where you show off your "people skills," however without the proper foundation, your people skills will prove to be useless. Do you also realize that real estate requires classes to attain a license? Real estate is a growing market, but people skills alone won't give you success in real estate. If you say you could be a stock broker, you would also have to know what you're talking about. For example, explaining the workings of GDP(GNP), market trends, what a small cap is, the ability to build confidence in the investor that the value of the dollar won't continue to plummet(as there's a trade in-balance), etc. I'm not trying to criticize you, but before you speak, know what you're talking about. Personally, I've screwed up in high school by being lazy, partying, etc. and am not ending up at any of the top tier colleges I originally intended to go to. Financial success isn't peaches and cream, it takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and commitment.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
I do not know how this thread turned into my life but once again thank you for the advice.
You're welcome. Don't forget to think about what might happen if you can't work off the books for your brother. Things can change, and if you can't adapt, well, I guess we'll look for you in the used Yugo forums.

Mike

P.S. It's pretty ballsy to point out a subtle semantic in something you typed when you don't even make an attempt to communicate in reasonably precise English. Guess that's why your handle is BaLLzZz and not BrAiNzZz.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Senior Moderator

This is quickly turning into a wannbe Ianbiz3 thread. We just wont go there.

That having been said, you (Ballz) have the right to your opinion. If you can pull this off, more power to you. But we also have the right to (respectfully) disagree.

Lets not bash, instead offer some facts/anecdotes to back up what we say.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:59 PM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
my iq level went down.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Advanced

Donkey why must i talk online in such a manner that could be unserstood by only the adult class. I am online thats the whole reason im online to talk about my car and have fun.. I am also not criticizing you but their is no need for me to talk in a business manner. I am not conducting business here so i am not going to act like i am. I also agree with you on the statement of more consideration given to those with a doplome verses ones without. But once again everyone in here is looking at this thing threw a regular american blue coller citizen perspective. I am not that. I as of noe have those jobs selling cars do not need interviews and so on. I also think if you do show an interviewer you have more drive and ambition and people skills you will be more favored in getting a job depending ont he postion you are appling for. I also beleive the same in the stock market field. Go in get hired bottem shelf. Learn the basics once you build your foundation you can expand without limitations you just need to see the openings. See them and act before some one else does thats all this economy is built off of is time the world couldn't conduct business with out it. It is a key factor and once you can use time in your favor you can be successfull in whatever your field might be. You may or may not agree with my opinions or beleives but thats another reason we live in this country. O can i ask you guys one more thing what did all our great early american business men have. A brain and a vision. Thats all no diplomas or educations just a vision. I dont care how young i might be or how stuipd you might think i am but let me tell you this. If you have a vision and never give up at that vision it will one day come true. If it takes a year or a lifetime the only thing that will not let you see your vision is lack of determination.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Having a vision does not guarantee success. Ever.

I follow Murphy's Law. If it can go wrong, it will. Always have a realistic Plan B. I learned this in the Navy SEALs.

Having said that, lets stick to cars.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:02 AM
n3o
Pro

Today at work i noticed my boss had the gs430 the car i have been wanting for about 6 months now. I was talking to him about it for about twenty minutes. He then said come on lets go for a ride. He opened it up on side streets nice sound not cheap but not silent engine sound. The interior is just perfect. Then he pulled over and told me to drive. I was liek you trust me? He said dont worry i trust your brother(dun worry). So i drove it. It picks up quicker than the tl. 0-60 quicker. Better handling. Nicer ride. Beatiful stock rims. More interior room. Sport mode/sport shift, dvd player in dash the whole nine yards. And let me tell you i have felt a lot of sterring wheels but this stearing wheel id by far the most comfortable to the hand. I was in awe the whole ride. I am going to look at one soon. If the numbers are right im going to have to give up the tl. Only time will tell.
GS430/330=RWD 3.3 Liter V6/4.3 Liter V8
TL=3.2 Liter V6 FWD

you can never compare a TL to ANY lexus
and for the record.....LS430>GS
Old 04-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Advanced

n30 and eveyone else here needs to learn how to interpret a paragraph. Not once did i ever say they were in the same class. Holy shit first post was i might trade in tl for gs. i liekt he ride better and speed end of discussion. Do people not trade in lesser value cars and smaller engine autombiles for better ones or is it just me? Please i might have said it has better this or better that but that is just out of my opinion. I really like how people take matters into their own hands. O and n3o once again that is your opion about the ls430. o my god you are comparing cars in two different classes somethign i didnt even do! You said the ls430 is better than the gs430 and they are in differnent classes! Come on people am i the only one here who doesnt have to be so fucking technical with everything and so literal.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Advanced

[QUOTE=Ken1997TL]Having a vision does not guarantee success. Ever.QUOTE]

dont say ever that would be wrong. Say always let me rewrite it for ya

Havinf a vision does not guarantee success. Always
Old 04-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Racer

I assumed an aspiring young business man would live, breathe, and be business. I'm not trying to be a prick and say how you're talking is wrong, however in the business sense, it is. One of my close friends is a millionare at age 29 and it is because of his drive and carrying himself by the standars of business, regardless of his presence. Giving you the benifit of the doubt of being a dedicated business man would infer that you would carry yourself for success.

To respond to your statements about the interview process, my intent was to point that getting to the interview process in the first place would be easier with a college diploma. Most businesses don't interview you immediately, they review your applications and call you in for an interview(besides Hollister...yes I used to work there... ). Hey, I'm here to have fun too, but you can't claim ludicious things without some backing. If you look into all the entrepreneurs who found success, you will find that yes, they did have vision. However, they put in the work for success. It's that simple...regardless of never giving up, having brains, or having vision...it comes down to hard work. I would know man, I would know. Why? Because I am a lazy kid who's seen failure due to lack of a consistent work ethic.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 AM
n3o
Pro

n30 and eveyone else here needs to learn how to interpret a paragraph. Not once did i ever say they were in the same class. Holy shit first post was i might trade in tl for gs. i liekt he ride better and speed end of discussion. Do people not trade in lesser value cars and smaller engine autombiles for better ones or is it just me? Please i might have said it has better this or better that but that is just out of my opinion. I really like how people take matters into their own hands. O and n3o once again that is your opion about the ls430. o my god you are comparing cars in two different classes somethign i didnt even do! You said the ls430 is better than the gs430 and they are in differnent classes! Come on people am i the only one here who doesnt have to be so fucking technical with everything and so literal.
The GS430 and LS430 have the same motor, same brakes, same everything with the exception of the suspension. The LS has an adjustable stiffness. and the LS and GS are the same catagory. Sept for people that want fugly cars they get the GS. if they can opt to spend 10 more grand they get an LS. Which by the way shits on the S-class, 7 Series, and M45 when it comes down to dollar and options
Old 04-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Advanced

different suspension, different interior appointments, different features, different ride quality, a quiter car, a different class(end of dicussion) the ls430 is a luxury sedan ont he other hand the gs is a luxury sports sedan. the new IS350 is going to be a compact sport luxury sedan. I am not saying they do not share some parts but any company interchanges parts threwout their lineup for cost capital reduction. Nissan has perfected this and that on a large part is now due to their current sales numbers. Anways whatever man im just breaking you ballz i am the only "normal" one here
Old 04-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Senior Moderator

You're normal?

At 17 you dont know what normal is

Hell I dont know either and I've seen my share of the world.

Regardless, lets keep our opinions to ourselves, some of you guys seem to be throwing them around like they are some sort of Gospel truth.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:43 AM
Cruisin'

I can't believe I actually read through this entire post! But since I did, I have to put my two cents in!

Ballzzz, did you drop out of high school? Because according to my calculations, It would be pretty tough to work a 40 hour work week and still attend High School and at 17 I think you are too young to have graduated? Even if you are working 20 hours a weeks at $20 an hour " which off the books is a huge #$ to overlook, you still have to pay for so many other things that the others have pointed out.

If you did drop out to work "off the books" Good luck finding a job where you are not a sales guy due to the fact that you don't have a high school diploma and you won't be able to put any work history on your resume since all your past history is "off the books".

Call me crazy but my opionion is that if you are truely paying for you car by yourself, then you must still be living with your parents. Also to add to this point, nobody here has any problems with people that had there cars bought for them from mom or dad, heck what are you going to say "No thanks dad, I want to work for my own TL" I mean please! The only issue is when someone gets there car from mom or dad or bro and then say's they worked for it. I think some people reading these posts might think that Ballzzz might not be telling the whole story.

Ballzzz I don't mean to mess with you or anything but I have to say that there are some holes in your story.

My company pays for my TL so I don't care if your parents pay for yours.

Again you really might actually pay for your TL, however in most people eyes, your 17, you work off the books (which also means no benefits if you get hurt or sick - which = bye bye TL), and i would say 99% of 17 year olds could not afford the TL on there own with no help from others (which includes not having to pay for food or rent)! And to all of you that started your businesses at 8, 13, 15, or whatever, more power to you. But realistically 99% is pretty accurate. Especially if your still attending school.

I think someone should put a poll up since I don't know how to.

Can a 17 year old afford a TL on his own without help from anyone else including help for rent, food, etc...????? I say NO!

But maybe I'm a shmuck!
Old 04-18-2005, 01:56 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I second that I cant believe I read the entire post. First of all, the TL's time has not expired, simply because I can name a handfull of cars that are much better...but in a much higher class (both with whistles and bells and cost.) Not to take the 17yr olds side at all, but I worked a 40 hour week and graduated from high school at the same time, though I saved my money because college is damn expensive. I agree that it is nearly impossible to support yourself making roughly 400 a week, shit rent alone in the bay area is over a grand a month...I would assume its better in some places on the east coast. Is it smart to spend your entire income on your car? No, but he is young and will learn. Im still learning and I have been working for 7 years. To respond to the original topic again, the TL's time is far from over, otherwise Acura dealerships would have a hard time pushing them off the lots, which doesnt seem to be the case.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 04-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by n3o
GS430/330=RWD 3.3 Liter V6/4.3 Liter V8
TL=3.2 Liter V6 FWD

you can never compare a TL to ANY lexus
and for the record.....LS430>GS

At the risk of being , the TL competes with the ES330 .
Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by stellarzz
I can't believe I actually read through this entire post! But since I did, I have to put my two cents in!

Ballzzz, did you drop out of high school? Because according to my calculations, It would be pretty tough to work a 40 hour work week and still attend High School and at 17 I think you are too young to have graduated? Even if you are working 20 hours a weeks at $20 an hour " which off the books is a huge #$ to overlook, you still have to pay for so many other things that the others have pointed out.

If you did drop out to work "off the books" Good luck finding a job where you are not a sales guy due to the fact that you don't have a high school diploma and you won't be able to put any work history on your resume since all your past history is "off the books".

Call me crazy but my opionion is that if you are truely paying for you car by yourself, then you must still be living with your parents. Also to add to this point, nobody here has any problems with people that had there cars bought for them from mom or dad, heck what are you going to say "No thanks dad, I want to work for my own TL" I mean please! The only issue is when someone gets there car from mom or dad or bro and then say's they worked for it. I think some people reading these posts might think that Ballzzz might not be telling the whole story.

Ballzzz I don't mean to mess with you or anything but I have to say that there are some holes in your story.

My company pays for my TL so I don't care if your parents pay for yours.

Again you really might actually pay for your TL, however in most people eyes, your 17, you work off the books (which also means no benefits if you get hurt or sick - which = bye bye TL), and i would say 99% of 17 year olds could not afford the TL on there own with no help from others (which includes not having to pay for food or rent)! And to all of you that started your businesses at 8, 13, 15, or whatever, more power to you. But realistically 99% is pretty accurate. Especially if your still attending school.

I think someone should put a poll up since I don't know how to.

Can a 17 year old afford a TL on his own without help from anyone else including help for rent, food, etc...????? I say NO!

But maybe I'm a shmuck!
I like how you read the whole post. Did you read that a car payment and a cel phone ar emy only bills. Thank you i rest my case. Mom and dad did not buy it but they do support me roof food etc
Old 04-18-2005, 08:17 AM
The Flipster

I can't believe anyone would be having this discussion with a 17yr old. Go buy what you want !!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:32 AM
VTEC HoooA

- Begin Sarcasm -

I was looking at the new Maserati sedan yesterday, and must say WOW!! In addition I am considering a Bentley, a Maybach, or an AMG Mercedes (all of which are much better than the TL). My TL's time has expired!

- End Sarcasm -

Ballzzz (sp) you need to compare apples to apples!

P.S. Take some of the money you are 'saving' and spend it on English diction classes. If you speak the way you do in the business world you will be laughed out of whatever organization you are a part of. This is making the assumption that your parents don't own said company, and that the occupation you have chosen does not entail pushing dope on street corners (off the books of course).

Old 04-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BaLLzZz,

The reason that everyone is saying your crazy for comparing the two cars is because your first post makes it seem like you are. You should have called this thread "My TL's Time Might Have Expired". By saying "Tha TL's Time Might Have Expired" makes it sound like this car is in the same class and a threat to Acura/the TL.

"online in such a manner that could be unserstood by only the adult class. ...... but their is no need for me to talk in a business manner"
Apparently there is if you want people to actually understand the point you are originally trying to make.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
ICEY HOT STUNNAZZ YO!!!
maybe no one else has gotten this...but this is hilarious!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Racer

I this you Ballzzzz?

Old 04-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Racer

yo yo yo I am not saying they do not share some parts but any company interchanges parts threwout their lineup for cost capital reduction boyeeeeee

Old 04-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
road and track says the M is better overall. RL is close second. of course that is one person's opinion. But I drove one and I have to agree. I prefer the M.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey, He could have a good job. Anyway, for 60k I would go with a Beamer or benz(me personally would jump on the BM), no questions asked. Yeah they require more upkeep and the parts cost more, but damn, they are nice cars. Equally equipped to your bosses car you could get an M3 convertable(friends dad has one, great car). I would test out some beamers if you are thinking of spending that much on a car.

Is the ES330 AWD?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

nope the ES330 FWD...

Nice car, better made than acura, more $$$ If you drive it, it does not seems fast at all. It is quiet and a people mover.. (those were the words from the salesman).
Old 04-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Suzuka Master

My neighbor has one, so I just wanted to make sure the TL would be better. When you say better made, do you mean mechanically, or just rattles and stuff like that? AOB is about 3-5 miles away so as long as we get a loaner getting stuff fixed shouldnt be too much of a hassle, although no problems would be prefered.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

all around

They seem to have higher quality materials in the ES330 compared to the TL. Torque is 240 at 3600 RPMs compared to the 238 at 5000 in the TL. You wouldn't notice it though. I drove one and was surprised it did not have more pep.

HP is 225 vs 270 and of course the intake and gearing makes a difference as well.

I would expect to see more of them around. I live in an area in northern ma and there is only one TL in my neigborhood. I see more BMW, MB, and cadillac. There are number of suvs of course. One neighbor had an early 04 model and after the oil jet recall, he got rid of the car. He figured something was not right from the get go and dumped the car.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:04 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mickey3c
They seem to have higher quality materials in the ES330 compared to the TL. Torque is 240 at 3600 RPMs compared to the 238 at 5000 in the TL. You wouldn't notice it though. I drove one and was surprised it did not have more pep.

HP is 225 vs 270 and of course the intake and gearing makes a difference as well.

I would expect to see more of them around. I live in an area in northern ma and there is only one TL in my neigborhood. I see more BMW, MB, and cadillac. There are number of suvs of course. One neighbor had an early 04 model and after the oil jet recall, he got rid of the car. He figured something was not right from the get go and dumped the car.
I drove the ES330 all day on sunday and man, that car's quality is unbelievable. Not one rattle or sound in the cabin...like a soundproof room. The plastics quality is just better than any car under $40k. Sit in the car and the quality difference between it and the TL, G35, 330 are pretty large IMO. The car was boooorrring as hell to drive though. Absolutely no sport whatsoever. I can't believe any car enthusiast would ever consider that car. Its like a floating living room

Quick Reply: Tha TL's Time Might Have Expired