Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tein Hood Dampers for 3G TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:24 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Tein Hood Dampers for 3G TL

Well...this isnt my original idea...but I thought I would drop a thread for those that have to have everything (like myself)....Tein Hood Dampers! These are the exact size of the OEM dampers...but are made by Tein and are green. They are sprung a little heavier that the OEMs...but not by much. They fit right on the stock positions with no modifications whatsoever.

If you are interested in purchasing some....you need to get the ones for the following application:
94 - 01 Acura Integra Part #BHD01-H48

I got mine on ebay for about $127.99 a set.

This is truly a modification that is just for looks...hense the "for the guy that has to have everything" quoted above...cause its not gonna make you any faster....lol.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looks cool
Old 08-19-2006, 08:41 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i had tein suspension
Old 08-19-2006, 09:56 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by ding069
if i had tein suspension
Its in my future plans.....Tein suspension with the EDFC control unit.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:04 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Are yours functional? I cant get mine to work. Maybe it because the CF hood is too light.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
This is truly a modification that is just for looks...hense the "for the guy that has to have everything" quoted above...cause its not gonna make you any faster....lol.
I'm glad you explained it there at the end of the post. I was going to ask why anyone would do that.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:09 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Are yours functional? I cant get mine to work. Maybe it because the CF hood is too light.
Yep....mine work AOK. I tried to figure out what you meant when you told me that...but I had already ordered em. Since you said you couldnt get em to work, I just left em sit in the garage for a few months after having tried to actuate the dampers by hand and seeing that it was almost impossible to depress. Well...after I got em on....they work fine? But yes....I could see these being problematic with a CF hood that has no weight to it. These are sprung a bit more than OEM....so with a CF hood....they probably are very hard to depress and probably flex the hood. What you would need to find is the same size unit with a lighter rate to it. Not sure if Tein gives depression info or not plus overall length....if so....just match it up to a lighter rate damper.

I would say these are sprung about 10-15% more than OEM....which makes all the difference in the world when you are talking a CF hood I bet.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:11 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
That's pretty cool that they will actually compress! Maybe i'll tinker with mine and see if i can get them to work.

I'm glad they worked out for ya!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:28 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

That's pretty cool that they will actually compress! Maybe i'll tinker with mine and see if i can get them to work.

Note...you dont need ANY of the hardware they send with other than the end links (dont need the mount point hardware they send) as they hook right up to the stock mounts just fine. You just have to remove the bail wire at each of the ball joints and reinstall the wire in the hole once its on. I thought at first the wire would flex and allow it to snap on...but then figured out that part comes off by twisting the wire off the main shaft which gives you a little handle to hang onto to pull it out of the two holes through the socket. Otherwise...you will spend about five minutes pressing it onto a ball joint sweating your ass off all over your fenders until you figure out that wire is supposed to come out before its gonna snap on...lol.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does it give you a lot more room to work under the hood?
any idea how much more it opens?
Old 08-19-2006, 04:46 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by ililillilillilil
does it give you a lot more room to work under the hood?
any idea how much more it opens?
It changes absolutely nothing.....waste of money for the most part as they work just like the OEM ones unless you like the showey look of em and just to be different than the rest. Just one more "point of interest" under the hood for the most part....nothing more. I got em just for shits and grins....and to be different. I like Tein products for the most part...so I figured what the heck....I would just give em a try.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:47 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Did you mess with em any more this weekend?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:55 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Well...this isnt my original idea...but I thought I would drop a thread for those that have to have everything (like myself)....Tein Hood Dampers! These are the exact size of the OEM dampers...but are made by Tein and are green. They are sprung a little heavier that the OEMs...but not by much. They fit right on the stock positions with no modifications whatsoever.

If you are interested in purchasing some....you need to get the ones for the following application:
94 - 01 Acura Integra Part #BHD01-H48

I got mine on ebay for about $127.99 a set.

lol, Mike, I don't get why you get that mod other than... show? Because our cars does that by itself when you pop the hood anyway.....
Old 08-21-2006, 09:36 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
lol, Mike, I don't get why you get that mod other than... show? Because our cars does that by itself when you pop the hood anyway.....
Thats pretty much what I said wasnt it? Or are you just agreeing with me? Yep....its nuttin but show on that one! I think I even referred to it as a "waste of money"...but hey....we all waste money from time to time on our cars. I got em on a whim one afternoon after Accuratein mentioned em and they have been sitting around ever since. Figured what the heck and slapped em on Friday night. I mean...I am kind of in the business of underhood bling...so figured why not? But hey....these are better than stock..... they will crank your hood up in about 1/3 the time....as if thats necessary!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like it. I'll do it once I get the TEIN SS as well. Does it not say "TEIN" on the shock at least?

Good find M-Benz!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
I like it. I'll do it once I get the TEIN SS as well. Does it not say "TEIN" on the shock at least?

Good find M-Benz!
Yes...it does say Tein on the damper as well as its green. Actually...I cant take credit for the find...just passing the info on. Accuratein was the original finder...he had a hard time making them work (has lighter weight CF hood so he needs dampers made for lighter weight hoods) so I finished out the rest of the find with the actual successful install on an OEM hood with a set I bought after he showed me his. (here on AZ several months ago) I figured since I made em work and they installed so easily...I would make a thread on them to show others in case they would have an interest in the same bling factor.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why can't you just paint the oem ones green and save yourself some $$$ lol
Old 08-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
you gonna sell em? dibs!!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
why can't you just paint the oem ones green and save yourself some $$$ lol
that would be more ridiculous than buying them.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:53 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Funny...I just noticed that I still have one of the plastic 1/4 turn connectors that hold the CF engine cover on off of the car. Thats what I use to make sure that the holes are big enough for them to go though on the covers I sell to you guys...lol. Sits on my shop workbench. I am gonna have to repo that thing one of these days...