Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Team Nighthawk

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Time for a nap!

I just spent the last nine hours detailing my 1 day old Acura TL. I started at 7 AM. It was a labor of love. I am much more intimate with her but I have a long ways to go. In a nut shell, with about 50 miles driven, let me say this.

1. Zaino stuff kicks a$$. I followe the instructions to the letter and the car is flawless. You remember I told the dealer just to hand wash it and I would do the polishing. I didn't give them the opportunity to put scratch marks on it.

2. I don't have any squeaks or rattles. I forgot I even had a moon roof because I don't need one and will never use it. Too hot in FL.

3. I don't have any vibrations. The tires, the new compound EL42s seem just fine- although they don't give any protection to the rims. I'll have to be extra carefull.

4. The Navi goes a little wierd on me once in a while. Maybe it's just learning the area. When my selected route is straight ahead, it tells me to make a left turn. It's done that 3 times. It would be confusing if I didn't know where I was and where I was going.

5. I have yet to find a flaw, ding, mark, or scratch on the car. Believe me: I've been over it. There is one tiny speck of (tar) on the R rear wheel. That's it. And a little too much glue at the joint of the trim in the rear seat around the rignt door opening but it'll clean up.

6. I'm still playing with the audio system. So far, so good.

7. The dealer paired my Motorola V600 at delivery and it has worked flawlessly since. As others have said, it displays all on the MID except battery condition. I don't leave it open as some here have said you must do. It just stays closed in my pocket or goes on the charger cord in the top tray.

8. It's a little hairy backing up because the visibility is not good to the rear.

On Monday, I get a special ceramic tint that doesn't interfer with the electronics. Then, I will look for a clear bra. I want to keep it looking good.

I understand you can drive these things, too. Is that right?

I'm done for today. I'm working as if I'm getting paid for it! I will do the blue LEDs another day. After all, the honeymoon lasts more than one day!

<stary eyed>
XP
Old 04-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WickedWiz, the page is looking good.

Jobes, great logo.

1hottl, where are the pics? Represent us well. No pressure.

Might I make a suggestion? I'd like to see all the modded TLs (A-spec especially)get an officer position while the rest of get relinquished to a director position. This will distinguish our NBP a little more and show some rank and file (or show that some of us are still restrained by our other half).

On a serious note - has anyone here used the spray Zaino (Z-6) between the Z-2 applications? I seem to get streaks on my attemps so I just use Z2 to to get my shine back. The direction says to use fine mists and wipe until shine, but my 100% cotton cloth gets moist after few wipes and starts to leave streaks. Any suggestions?
Old 04-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Team Nighthawk ???

I ordered my NBP...big suprise for the team on the way...

I ordered my NBP this past Tuesday...and can't wait for it to arrive. It should arrive between 05/12 - 05/15. I wanna join the team... I've been working on a suprise for the team today...and soon as it is complete I will unvail my treat...hehe :licka:
Old 04-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Arrow Z for Two

Originally Posted by casooner90

On a serious note - has anyone here used the spray Zaino (Z-6) between the Z-2 applications? I seem to get streaks on my attemps so I just use Z2 to to get my shine back. The direction says to use fine mists and wipe until shine, but my 100% cotton cloth gets moist after few wipes and starts to leave streaks. Any suggestions?
I know the directions say you can do that to add more depth. I put two coats of Z2 on today, let the second coat cure for about an hour and a half, then put the Z6 on. You must use it very sparingly. I couldn't get my nozzle to spray a mist; it was squirting a stream. But it came out wonderfully. Deep, high, scratch and swirl-free gloss. I was surprised at how many people's heads spun around to look when I drove by. Some of the younger kids almost fell off their bikes (teenagers). Apparently the TL enjoys a fine rep among that group.

XP
Old 04-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Team Nighthawk-C.M.A.

I love driving by a glass storefront just to look at me drive by. Out of the ordinary?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:58 AM
NBP - Public Relations

Originally Posted by WickedWiz
Yo, Team Nighthawk

I've put together version 2 of our Ride page. Take a look at mine and let me know what you think. Something else I can add, remove, or change?

Wicked's Ride

Very nice updated page. I will try and get pics up soon also - by the way, I would just like to say that I picked up a girl as I was getting out of my car tonight... She loves the NBP TL. Good times tonight
Old 04-25-2004, 01:23 AM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

I Have A Little Story To Tell

You see at approx. 0001 hours tonight I went for a ride. Not too short but not too long . After picking someone up I made my way back . I just happend to see a car that sparked something in the brain !
( I detailed that by the way . . . wasnt impressed )

So i caught up to this CLK and beagn to think . . . . naaah . . . .and I just kept on driving. I've switched lanes (center) by now and turned on my fogs light ( Dark and not alot of people on highway ) . I'm doing about 80 and the CLK started coming . . . . and coming fast I might add . . . . You know , the look of those beautiful eyes only Mercedes knows how to do (?) Well they were staring me down so I decided to get that Lovely Mercedes aquainted with my NBP freshly polished beautifull rear end ( let my taillights hypnotize them ) . Well they had other plans . Those which included passing me at 110 ! But it wasnt over yet because I knew I still had some more . So I put it to the floor. Now after I passed him at around 1?? (dont need to be bashed) I knew it was done . I took my exit , he took my exit and did a little something so he would remember. Split second turned lights off and back on . Dont worry the speed had reduced and like I said split sec . And what I forgot to mention was that the Friendly state trooper also took the exit ! I pulled over to the left and the CLK to the right. Ohh SHHH is exactly what I was thinking toooo!
All over some silly competition
BUt you gotta love competition . . . . . . So the cop gets my DL and goes back to the car . Hes back there for like 5 minutes and suddenly the guy in the CLK pulls off as and the officer walks up to me. He told me tonight was my Lucky night and then went on to tell me all the reasons why he could serve some serious things against me. He told m,e to slow down and goodnight.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:42 AM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

Sorry guys I had pics in that which presented the story a little better . Who do I talk to so i can fix it ? But anyways I know it was foolish so dont bash me . I would have lost my Job had things went otherwise . But it was fun for the moment and I know I know better........ One thing though . . . I think I got off Because he loved the NBP . . . yeah that must have been it .

(sometimes all those ponies want to come out and play)
NLYTN
Old 04-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Team Nighthawk ???

Every seem to ignore my post...

No one seem to even acknowledge my post that I made last night...I thought I would out due all of the other teams...since we are the best anyway...so here is my suprise...

http://www.teamnighthawk.com
Old 04-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Team Nighthawk-C.M.A.

Originally Posted by MooCow
No one seem to even acknowledge my post that I made last night...I thought I would out due all of the other teams...since we are the best anyway...so here is my suprise...

Very nice MooCow. I'll take a better look later.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice suprise! Looks great! Now we have a .com Another reason for "Them " to E..N..V..Y.. us.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:14 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Very weldone MooCow! Nice to know you took extra efforts.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by casooner90
WickedWiz, the page is looking good.

Jobes, great logo.

1hottl, where are the pics? Represent us well. No pressure.

Might I make a suggestion? I'd like to see all the modded TLs (A-spec especially)get an officer position while the rest of get relinquished to a director position. This will distinguish our NBP a little more and show some rank and file (or show that some of us are still restrained by our other half).

CA...pics send to Wicked!! I caved under pressure
Old 04-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

WOOHOO!!!! MooCow!!!! I read your post lastnight...sorry for not responding...it was late and the kids were ready to be tucked in for bed. Looks like you are going to fit in with our team very nicely!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man you got lucky. Did the trooper try to chase the CLK? In any case I would like to see the pics for your story

Originally Posted by NLYTN
Sorry guys I had pics in that which presented the story a little better . Who do I talk to so i can fix it ? But anyways I know it was foolish so dont bash me . I would have lost my Job had things went otherwise . But it was fun for the moment and I know I know better........ One thing though . . . I think I got off Because he loved the NBP . . . yeah that must have been it .

(sometimes all those ponies want to come out and play)
NLYTN
Old 04-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Racer

Team Night Hawk

Great page - especially since my TL is on the top bar. You do good work!

Now, as many as there are of us NBPs, are we getting close to a meet? Imagine all those Nighthawkers and Nighthawketts together in one location. I think I'm going to faint.

Thanks for the recognition.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Racer

The Pres has spoken

Originally Posted by 1hottl
CA...pics send to Wicked!! I caved under pressure
Didn't mean to put all that pressure on you. We get enough of that at work as is. I'll patienly hold untils wicked posts your pic.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Team Nghthwk Whipping Boy

MooCow,

Excellent job on securing the domain name, and starting version 2 of the Team website.

I think we should establish a communication link outside of this thread to talk about moving over the content you still have linked back to my server. Drop me an e-mail when you get a chance...my address is in my sig, below.

Again, well done!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:09 PM
3rd Gear

NBP team, my lease on my volvo S60 2.4T is up june 30th and I have ordered an NBP/quartz, 6MT, NAV which will arrive the same day I am rather excited

Justin
Old 04-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by jdog553
NBP team, my lease on my volvo S60 2.4T is up june 30th and I have ordered an NBP/quartz, 6MT, NAV which will arrive the same day I am rather excited

Justin

Jdog..congrats on your excellent taste. Would you like to be a member of our team? We are always looking for new members. Feel free to read through this thread to learn more about us as well as visit our webpage.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
3rd Gear

I'd love to join the team..too bad I have to wait 2 months until I get the TL. Any free openings for a legal advisor?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi guys - wow what a great group! Just a question for all of you - I'm getting ready to buy a TL but can't decide on the color (NBP, WDP or RRP) - I like the NBP but my hubby says it is way too hard to keep a black car clean and he likes the WDP or RRP better. Guess I'm just wondering how many of you have owned black cars before? Is it really that much more work to keep clean? How do you keep the dust off of it/keep it clean? Do you regret getting black? Would you recommend it? Oh, and yes I'm a female but don't think that should stop me from choosing black . I probably won't have as much time to put into cleaning/waxing this winter but other than that I usually keep my cars very clean. I have had white and red in the past - never black. Thanks!
Cheeshead
Old 04-26-2004, 07:00 PM
never stops!

Originally Posted by cheesehead
Hi guys - wow what a great group! Just a question for all of you - I'm getting ready to buy a TL but can't decide on the color (NBP, WDP or RRP) - I like the NBP but my hubby says it is way too hard to keep a black car clean and he likes the WDP or RRP better. Guess I'm just wondering how many of you have owned black cars before? Is it really that much more work to keep clean? How do you keep the dust off of it/keep it clean? Do you regret getting black? Would you recommend it? Oh, and yes I'm a female but don't think that should stop me from choosing black . I probably won't have as much time to put into cleaning/waxing this winter but other than that I usually keep my cars very clean. I have had white and red in the past - never black. Thanks!
Cheeshead
I've always bought dark color cars. Mostly Black. They look sharp when kept clean and sparkling. However, very demanding to keep it clean. I dust my car daily. Wash it once a week. Wax it once in three months. Use all the following good products to keep it clean;

California Waterblade (to wipe after washing)
Leaf blower and 100% white cotton towels to dry
California Duster (small for interior and big for exterior)
Good wax (I use Zaino, some use NXT)
Clean weekly

5 min daily and 30 mins weekly will keep it clean. Also while washing or wiping or drying or waxing always use back and forth motion NEVER EVER do rotations and it will not get a swirl marks.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by joganjani
I've always bought dark color cars. Mostly Black. They look sharp when kept clean and sparkling. However, very demanding to keep it clean. I dust my car daily. Wash it once a week. Wax it once in three months. Use all the following good products to keep it clean;

California Waterblade (to wipe after washing)
Leaf blower and 100% white cotton towels to dry
California Duster (small for interior and big for exterior)
Good wax (I use Zaino, some use NXT)
Clean weekly

5 min daily and 30 mins weekly will keep it clean. Also while washing or wiping or drying or waxing always use back and forth motion NEVER EVER do rotations and it will not get a swirl marks.
Owning a Black car take more dedication to keep it clean...but, something this good is worth the effort! I use pretty much the same routine as joranjani...sans the Leaf blower. Oh, and I use microfiber towel in place of cotton.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Team NBP Member

I just noticed my ride is on the front page of the website..... very nice
Old 04-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by jdog553
I'd love to join the team..too bad I have to wait 2 months until I get the TL. Any free openings for a legal advisor?
Welcome to our club and your new position of leadership. Please edit your signature to indicate your new title. Make us proud!! Also, please get your pics to WickedWiz or MooCow to get it on our website....
Old 04-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Cheeshead
Cheesehead, no...don't get NBP..I like being one of the few in NoVA only kidding. This is our 2nd black vehicle. I love it and do not regret getting one. If you choose another color you may feel like you are settling. We wash our vehicle 1 time a week. It can get dusty, I hear some members use california dusters to get the dust in between cleanings. There is nothing like a clean black car. The bottom line is you have to choose what color makes you happy, despite what any of us say. Good luck with choosing...you going to Radley? Be prepared, these VA dealers do not want to move in price at all...

1HotTL

PS You do not have to be a man to get NBP...just not afraid of a little soap and water...
Old 04-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Racer

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the site. Does any other team have a site, huh do they, do they. Don't think so. This site is really going somewhere.
I've said it before, but I got to say it again. Much prop's to Wicked for all the hard work YOU THE MAN.
Hope you didn't have to pay to get the site
Old 04-26-2004, 08:35 PM
drug dealer

need a title!

Awesome job guys! Looks great! Am going to post pics after i get everything i want in the cars. 35% tint all around, am working with a shop to get a knock off version of the TL rims on the front of this site and getting the A$$ lowered and putting headrest TV and navi to tv conversion and clear lights! Bunch of loot $2300 but still not close to the a-spec price and am getting everything and more except the steering wheel(IMO ugly) but that said I need a TITLE. Hmmmmmm How about "NBP DRUG DEALER" for everyone who has labor pain with their NBP and keeping it beautiful and for the weekends out partying!!!!! WHen is the NBP ALumni Reunion?????? Peace.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:03 PM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

Originally Posted by acur8ly
Man you got lucky. Did the trooper try to chase the CLK? In any case I would like to see the pics for your story

No we both pulled over . . . I could have ran but I felt like I should face up to it
Old 04-26-2004, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by lovepo9e
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the site. Does any other team have a site, huh do they, do they. Don't think so. This site is really going somewhere.
I've said it before, but I got to say it again. Much prop's to Wicked for all the hard work YOU THE MAN.
Hope you didn't have to pay to get the site
Props go to MooCow, he got the domain name, and developed the new site.

He's the man, I just the Whipping Boy!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

Wick,

I emailed you a pic of my TL for the site. I am assuming that is what I was suppose to do. If I am wrong please let me know what the correct process is...thanks!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Racer

:bowdown: MooCow :bowdown:
Old 04-27-2004, 08:49 AM
Advanced

LOL - no I'm not afraid of soap and water! I love the black the best but hubby likes the white and RRP - although I have a white truck! Radley is right down from my house - but also went to Pohanka - not sure who I will settle with. Pohanka had lots of TLs on the lot! Did you go there too? Radley told me a lease would be over $600 a month! I think he was b.s.ing me but I plan to buy anyways especially with my daily commute to DC. Did you finance through Acura or go through a bank?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Team Nighthawk President

LOL - no I'm not afraid of soap and water! I love the black the best but hubby likes the white and RRP - although I have a white truck! Radley is right down from my house - but also went to Pohanka - not sure who I will settle with. Pohanka had lots of TLs on the lot! Did you go there too? Radley told me a lease would be over $600 a month! I think he was b.s.ing me but I plan to buy anyways especially with my daily commute to DC. Did you finance through Acura or go through a bank?

Bought my TL from NJ. Did not like the crap that Pohanka and Radley were shoveling. Searched all Acura dealers in MD and VA. None wanted to budge enough on the price and acted like they were doing buyers a favor selling cars. Got a much better deal in NJ. Also wanted Navi and no one had them (end of January) on the lot in any color I would remotely consider. I refused to settle on anything :diablotin . But I am loving my TL now...no regrets.

To answer you last question...my credit union had better rates than acura at the time...
Old 04-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Team Nighthawk ???

AWE...thanks guys for all the positive feedback...it feels good to be loved...lol...maybe you'll let me become a member now? Not sure of a title...anyway...if anyone thinks anything should be added or changed on the site let me or WickedWiz know... :licka:
Old 04-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Moo...Did you and Wicked coordinate yet? I've sent him my pic to post..I've been checking and don't see it yet.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:04 PM
never stops!

MooCow, I'll be CIO and you report to me as a Webmaster.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Team Nighthawk President

AWE...thanks guys for all the positive feedback...it feels good to be loved...lol...maybe you'll let me become a member now? Not sure of a title...anyway...if anyone thinks anything should be added or changed on the site let me or WickedWiz know... :licka:
MooCow..it is official..welcome to our club! When you think of a title, please let us know. Make us proud!
Old 04-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by joganjani
MooCow, I'll be CIO and you report to me as a Webmaster.
Let me know if that is agreeable...also, I think WickedWiz should hold the title of whipping boy/webmaster..

Quick Reply: Team Nighthawk