Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Team Nighthawk

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WickedWiz
Fellow Nighthawk'ers...all updates are completed on the website, including a page for "The Legend of the Black Pearl"

Enjoy!
As a fellow member, I want to thank WickedWiz for all his time and effort in helping to get this TEAM going........You to 1hottl. It is appreciated.
Thanks,
Senior Class Clown
Old 04-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts
Fellow Nighthawk'ers...all updates are completed on the website, including a page for "The Legend of the Black Pearl"

Enjoy!
Excellent Work! :bowdown:
Old 04-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOLY CRAP I'm on the 2nd row..

WOW :smokin:

congrats Team Nighthawk Black Pearl
Old 04-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Question And the owl asked: Whooo?

Enjoy!
Nice job, Wiz! You're going places on this team.

I wonder who wrote that "Legend of the Black Pearl"? Was it Poe? I didn't see an author's name (hee hee)

X P Ditor
Old 04-20-2004, 10:38 PM
NBP - Public Relations

The Legend of the Black Pearl is very cool :worship: I would also like to thank WickedWiz and 1hottl for their time and effort. You two have made team NBP a team to be reckoned with. Awesome job guys.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
I humbly :bowdown: submit my application to Team Nighthawk as the proud owner of a NBP 2004 TL with 6Spd and Navi. My requested position is "VP of NBP Zaino Product Application".

I've been using their products for two years on three different cars so I feel I have the experience and the communication skills to succeed in this role.
Flying Dutchman:

Welcome to your new home away from home.

I think the Prez has retired to his throne room. So allow me to welcome you to the Clan of the Black Pearl, otherwise more commonly known as TEAM NIGHTHAWK.

There are many teams on this forum but none quite as dedicated and loyal as we are.

Here is the secret handshake CENSORED and here are your shoulder patches. <takes two steps back and salutes> WickedWiz will see that your pictures (if you have some) are posted on our website.

Our Prez will be along shortly to officially welcome you. In stead of being brand specific, let's ask the President to appoint you "VP of Detailing." That should cover all bases. Please change your profile to reflect TEAM NIGHTHAWK and your new title (when approved).

Most importantly, go to the sticky thread "What Color is your 2004 TL" and vote for NBP. We are in a stiff competition for 2nd place with Silver. We are five votes behind silver as we speak. We can't let Satan's Slivers beat us again!

Now, for initiation, you have to drop trow and sit on this block of ice while reciting the Legand of the Black Pearl (found on our website).

No one ever said this would be easy.

Again, welcome.

X P
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Intermediate

What of us? The renegades?

I own a 2004 Acura TL, Nighthawk Black Pearl / Ebony, and I have no desire to join this cult. And I'm sure there are many others like me.

Will us rogue NBP owners be given our own sovereign territory, free from rules and restrictions from this organization? With the freedom to interact with team members and share information without heavy police action or rigid tariffs?

We just want to drive our new cars really fast, and we want "the man" to leave us alone.

FREEDOM!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Unhappy Props where they're due

Originally Posted by Gronk

I own a 2004 Acura TL, Nighthawk Black Pearl / Ebony, and I have no desire to join this cult. And I'm sure there are many others like me.

Will us rogue NBP owners be given our own sovereign territory, free from rules and restrictions from this organization? With the freedom to interact with team members and share information without heavy police action or rigid tariffs?

We just want to drive our new cars really fast, and we want "the man" to leave us alone.

FREEDOM!
It is the nature of many NBP drivers to be Solos and to move in and out of the shadows at will. Of course! Freedom is your birthright! Some of us like the comraderie of like minds and tastes. We find safety and strength in numbers. To each his own.

Whatever you do, you will always be recognized as a brother if you are driving a NBP TL. We acknowledge that we ALL didn't inherit the "silly" :clown: gene.

If you don't want to join our group, at least go to the Sticky Poll "What Color is Your 2004 TL" and vote for black. It is touch and go for second place behind the Anthros.

Fraternally yours,

XP
Old 04-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Team Nighthawk-C.M.A.

President 1hottl

I’m ready to ride into the hours of darkness as our Chief Master of Arms
Old 04-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Intermediate

Excellent. I was just making sure that we of Chaotic alignment were being watched out for. :devil:

(and I already voted a couple weeks ago)
Old 04-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Racer

Many "Kudos" goes to WickedWiz & 1hottl for their superb work. The NBP site has become talk of the web, I even detect some jealousy in other threads. The Legend of black pearl, the clan of the back pearl - works for me (who says we can't have a little fun). I even detect a hint of mutiny (Gronk), but then again he didn't join yet so maybe WickedWiz & 1hottl will welcome the fraternal brother to the clan. Back to testing.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Um, Hello?

Originally Posted by casooner90
Many "Kudos" goes to WickedWiz & 1hottl for their superb work. The NBP site has become talk of the web, I even detect some jealousy in other threads. The Legend of black pearl, the clan of the back pearl - works for me (who says we can't have a little fun). I even detect a hint of mutiny (Gronk), but then again he didn't join yet so maybe WickedWiz & 1hottl will welcome the fraternal brother to the clan. Back to testing.

Hey, guys! What am I, chopped liver? I authored the Legend of the Black Pearl and the Clan of the Black Pearl.

You have to pat the temperamental artists on the head once in a while to keep our creative juices flowing....

Where are they talking about us? I guess I have to go there for my strokes. :o "A prophet is not without honor save in his own country." :smokin:

XP

XP
Old 04-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Team Nghthwk Whipping Boy

Much thanks for all the Props, fellow Nighthawks! I for one would like to raise a glass to our Creative, Outstanding, and Well Versed Goodwill Ambassidor, xpditor42. His wit and humor make Team Nighthawk what it is...so to sir, a hearty "Hey Now!"
Old 04-21-2004, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gronk

FREEDOM!
Gronk,

You're right!

The free spirits of Nighthawk Nation need a place also...So, I think I will create a place on the Team Nighthawk website that will have pictures of NBP TLs without owner names, so that the "rogue" citizens of Nighthawk Nation can continue to roam the dark shadows without identity.

So, to all of you NBP owners that want to walk a different path, send me a digi-photo via private message and I can begin building the NBP Rogue Nation. Please be assured that I will take your secret identities with me to my grave.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:10 AM
NBP - Public Relations

Originally Posted by xpditor42
Hey, guys! What am I, chopped liver? I authored the Legend of the Black Pearl and the Clan of the Black Pearl.

You have to pat the temperamental artists on the head once in a while to keep our creative juices flowing....

Where are they talking about us? I guess I have to go there for my strokes. :o "A prophet is not without honor save in his own country." :smokin:

XP

XP

I would like to thank xpditor42 - I did not realize my oversight. Thank you for also putting in fo much work to make this team kick @$$
Old 04-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Enjoy!
Excellent Wicked, we have a lot of hits on the site...it looks really good!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:57 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
I humbly :bowdown: submit my application to Team Nighthawk as the proud owner of a NBP 2004 TL with 6Spd and Navi. My requested position is "VP of NBP Zaino Product Application".

I've been using their products for two years on three different cars so I feel I have the experience and the communication skills to succeed in this role.
Flying Duchman...why yes, you have the skills to succeed in your chosen role. It is hereby official...welcome to our club! Please update your signature and/or profile to indicate your new title. Make us proud!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:04 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by xpditor42
Nice job, Wiz! You're going places on this team.

I wonder who wrote that "Legend of the Black Pearl"? Was it Poe? I didn't see an author's name (hee hee)

X P Ditor

No...it was none other than our resident Poet Laureate, XP!!!!! What a moving tribute to our beautiful NBPs!! Thanks for all of your excellent work. Being surrounded by such competent leaders, makes my job much easier and pleasant!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by jobes
President 1hottl

I’m ready to ride into the hours of darkness as our Chief Master of Arms

Ahh...Jobes, ready to assume a position of leadership?!?! The title is fitting, and it is yours officially Make us proud! Please update your signature and profile to indicate your new title! Welcome to our club!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Smile Aw, shucks!

Thanks everyone! <deep bow w/flourish of baseball cap> It was nothing! I enjoy our fun and games.

Besides, until my car gets here (Friday?), I've got time on my hands. I've cleaned my garage. I will be painting the floor today and installing new shelves for all my Zaino crap and microfiber towels. We're in final countdown.

From another thread by XP:

"Get low in front of the black TL and look in its face. It's like coming face-to-face with a King Cobra, sliding through the grass. It is at once exhilarating and frightening. Feel the blood cursing through your veins as you realize that it is YOUR Cobra; your essence; your destiny; your eternal flame."
Old 04-21-2004, 08:26 PM

Team Nighthawk-ees,

Our newest members, jobes and FlyingDutchman, have been added to the website. Guys, get me some digi-pics so I can create your Ride pages.

Also, you'll notice a new link (hopefully going down the right side of the org chart) for the NBP free spirits that roam our world, called "Nighthawk Rogue Nation." I'm hoping that NBP owners out there that aren't interested in titles and order will send me photos of their Nighthawk TL's that I can use to build a "random" collage that will represent their unencumbered life styles.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Racer

Hey, wait a minute now. Why doesn't the President (1hottl) have any pics up yet? He needs to get with the program if he is to represent us. Not putting any pressure, but the TL should look good - an example for us to follow and others to envy.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Racer

2nd that notion
Old 04-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation It's here!

Pardon the cross-posting, but I wanted to get this to my TEAM members ASAP. This is the best part of getting a new car.

Ahhh... the Dealer got it right this time. My car was built at 10:37 pm on the evening of April 12, 2004 on Line #1 at the Marysville, OH Acura plant. It's a healthy baby NBP/Camel Navi 5AT and weighs in a 3574 pounds 14 oz.

Father (me) is doing as well as can be expected. It arrived at the Acura dealer about 2:30 A.M. Even I am not whacked enough to be staking it out at that hour. The VIN is 42,0XX. The tires are the new "TU2" Bridgestone Turenzas. I noticed for the first time that they have a ridge that extends out about 1/4" from the sidewall near the rim of the wheel. It would seem to be there to protect the wheel a bit like the Toyos that someone showed a picture of here.

When they called about 1:00 PM, I went immediately to the dealership and scrutinized the car with all of its protective plastic and cardboard in place. Remember, they goofed on my first car and I rufused delivery as they had managed to scratch the paint when they cleaned it up.

I met with the salesperson, the head of the detailing dept., and "T", the guy who would be getting my car ready for me. We walked to my car and went over it. I told him: NO auto car wash; No brushes; No wax.

We checked the brown film that all cars have "rail dust". It is mostly microscopic ferric oxide (rust particles) kicked up by the steel wheels of the train mixed with road film. The car travels by both rail and transport truck to get to the dealer. Your new car will have more or less rail dust depending on whether it was on the bottom or top tier on the rail car. Bottom is worse. In this case, the rail dust is moderate.

The dealer uses a solvent/sufactant to get rid of the rail dust. It is very costly but does the job. I don't know the name of it. It is a commercial item. After using this, they feel the surface with their fingers to see if it is slick and smooth which is an indicator they got all the rail dust off. If finger tips drag, they will clay bar. This is not necessary on the large flat surface of the hood, roof, and trunk since most of that had the protective plastic in place from the factory.

I did a 360 degree video of the entire car including wheels. It seems to be flawless so far. I just wanted a baseline referrence for my file incase it shows up later with damage anywhere. We will know who is responsible.

Then (This is really "anal"), I handed "T" a lambs wool washing mit and told him to use it and it only on my car. I asked him to treat is as if it were his own that he had just paid $36,000 for. Then, I slipped him a $20 bill and said, "This is to show my respect for your professionalism and my thanks for your personal attention." We agreed that he would not wax the car, but just use a final detail spray to spruce it up for delivery.

I will wash and wax it myself when I get it home. There will be a sign on my garage door all weekend that says, "If this door is rockin', don't bother knockin'" I have laid in a supply of Meguire and Zaino products that should last me for years. If needed, I will clay bar again and then use the Zaino process with Z2/ZFX and finally, Z6.

Oh, yes. I understand you can drive these cars also. Fantastic! I've been thinking about it as if it were a fine piece of garage furniture.

I have pictures of my "new born" with all the stuff on it but I don't know how to post them. Can someone tell me how?

Friday at 2:00, I pick it up. That gives me just one day to paint the garage floor and put up the new shelves for all that Zaino.

XP (feeling much better now)
Old 04-22-2004, 12:21 AM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

Help me Load pics please . . . .
Old 04-22-2004, 12:50 AM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

I Want Team Assasin

I want to be the TEAM ASSASIN

A.K.A The Street Stalker
Old 04-22-2004, 12:58 AM
TEAM NIGHTHAWK ASSASIN

She plays dirty but I keep her clean

Old 04-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Hey, wait a minute now. Why doesn't the President (1hottl) have any pics up yet? He needs to get with the program if he is to represent us. Not putting any pressure, but the TL should look good - an example for us to follow and others to envy.
Casooner90...I feel the pressure . I hope to have (current) pics to Wickedwiz this weekend. I have this little inconvenience called a job, not the job as Nighthawk Prez, but the one that acutally pays for the Nighthawk. Besides even if I had the time today, it would not be right to send pics of it with the pollen shroud that it has right now . I know that I am your leader, and I take that position VERY seriously....will have the pics asap!
Old 04-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by NLYTN

I want to be the TEAM ASSASIN

A.K.A The Street Stalker

NLYTN...Welcome to our club and your new position of leadership. Make us proud!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Racer

NBP at night - NOTHING looks better. I like crusing at night after a wax job just to see the light reflections. Definitely in stealth mode.

1hottl, I hear you. I too have a little annoyance called a 'job'. I sometimes wish that I was born into a rich house, but then how am I going to enjoy the fruits of my labor? Still, you're not off of the hook yet. Get your baby shined and post it. Respectfully, Thanks.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:02 AM
PAPARAZZI

Im too busy being a paparazzi so nix me on the sec. stuff..but I do need a few shots of a trunk deck spoiler on a NBP TL..maybe one shot looking at the top of the trunk. Email me! Thanks All..This forum Rocks!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Team Nighthawk-C.M.A.

New Badges

Nighthawk team members

As your Chief Master of Arms I hereby release our official team badges. Wear them loud and proud.

jobes
NBP C.M.A.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Team NBP Member

Cool story:
Went on a date last night, when we left the theater she couldn't stop talking about how the street lights made the car look black....then blue....then black....then blue. I love the "night" effect of the NBP and I'm thinking this girl definitely deserves another date!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Team Nighthawk Water Boy

Do we have more room on the site? Do you think we can add like a info section about the owner? Like name,location,mods, yr. etc.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by DC5_Integra
Do we have more room on the site? Do you think we can add like a info section about the owner? Like name,location,mods, yr. etc.
Actually, I'm only using about 20% if the space I have available, so we should be good for a bit longer.

I like the idea of adding a Owner Bio section on the Ride pages. I just haven't had the time to sit and think about a new page layout. I'll give it a go this weekend, when I have something I'll post it here.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Thumbs up Yep! A keeper!

Originally Posted by detroi_TL
Cool story:
Went on a date last night, when we left the theater she couldn't stop talking about how the street lights made the car look black....then blue....then black....then blue. I love the "night" effect of the NBP and I'm thinking this girl definitely deserves another date!
Sounds like marriage material. Or, at least, main squeeze.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Thumbs up Very nice!

Originally Posted by jobes
Nighthawk team members

As your Chief Master of Arms I hereby release our official team badges. Wear them loud and proud.

jobes
NBP C.M.A.
Jobes: That is really cool. Now, I have to figure out how to print on to a transfer medium so I can put it on a T-shirt. :think:
Old 04-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1hottl
As president, I am willing to admit that I am more of a "big picture” sort of person. We need an individual who is willing to take the position of secretary and run with it…

We are in desperate need of someone who has A NBP TL and excellent organization skills to boot. Any takers?

By the way…SSM and Anthracite please keep your comments to yourselves.

As a new owner of a NBP, what is this Team all about?
Old 04-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

A Nighthawk State of Mind, or Black Pearl Rising

Originally Posted by jrogers345
As a new owner of a NBP, what is this Team all about?
J:

It's a fun and games thing to rally around our favorite color TL. Most colors have a team. Even some interiors have a team (ahem!).

It's a popular way, on the boards, of networking and discussing our mutual interests with people of like tastes, if not like minds.

We give ourselves fancy titles and are even working on some patches. We have a website (Thanks to Wicked Wiz) that has a membership roster and the secret Legend of the Black Pearl.

What can you expect since most of us our feeling like kids again with our new TL. In fact, some of us ARE kids for the first time. It's a big tent.

Please join our fun group! You qualify if you have a black TL.

Regards,
XP
Old 04-24-2004, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by DC5_Integra

Yo, Team Nighthawk

I've put together version 2 of our Ride page. Take a look at mine and let me know what you think. Something else I can add, remove, or change?

Wicked's Ride

Quick Reply: Team Nighthawk