Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sussman 611 Acura Dealer In Pa

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sussman 611 Acura Dealer In Pa

Hello everyone. I would like to tell everyone here....as we are all proud owners and owners to-be, and issues such as the one I am about to address should be known to everyone.

so here it goes..........it might get a little long,

About 2 month ago, i went to see the new TL. I was looking for 6mt black on black.....and they had one. I was contemplating on getting 350Z black 6mt during that time, but since my father was helping me finace......he had the last word. I asked for the best price on the car and the sales man.....Ron McDaniel....told me 1000 off....and that was best they can do....i asked and i asked again.....also i ask for little things such as floor mats and rear spoiler....but the guy was very sure i was gonna buy, so he didn't back off.

so I bought it.

When all the signatures and documents were done, it was time to take my baby home. I was still unsure if i made the right decision....but the saleman moved very quickly to insure the sale. He showed me little things here and there about the car. Told me the trunk tray and wheel locks and mud guards were all free with the car. I paid msrp - 1000.00...which isn't great....but i got the car i wanted.

About a week ago....which is two month after.......my girlfriend got into an accident.....and she needed a car.....her car was announced totaled. She really liked my car and she decided she wanted to get the same car. So we go to sussman.....they had a anthrite/ebony/5at/navi available.....sweet i thought......so we went ahead and ask for a deal......they refused to make deal....since the navi is rare....but i tried to tell them that I am a customer bringing a new customer and she deserves better pricing.....1st lie....they tell me they already considered it.....BS.. We never told them about me being a customer already....they gave us this price before we even told them.....I asked them about the tires.....how bad they are and dangerous and unprofound and would be a good gesture for the dealership to replace them......NO.

So we just get the car for what they wanted and drive off.....but wait a minute.........no trunk tray, no mud guards....WTF!!

I call them the next day......asking them there was a mistake, and complained that we should get those accessories.....i talk to the manager JOE.....and he says we must pay full price to get them ....how much i ask....139.00......and i find out they are 89.00 on acura website and 50.00 at ebay. THEY ARE RIPPING THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS.
.........so my girlfriend gets on the line and asks how i got them free and she didn't......which is a good point.......and guess what he say.......I WAS CHARGED FOR THEM......FULL PRICE....about 3XX dollars.......well.........I am still hating my self for giving them so much business.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BUY THIS 2004 TL......AND I WILL ADMIT ITS THE BEST CAR I EVER DROVE....MY GIRLFRIEND ( WHO IS THRILLED TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THIS SITE ) LOVES HER CAR MORE THAN ME......AND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD DEALERSHIP.......I SUGGEST ANY OTHER DEALERSHIP THAN SUSSMAN ON 611 ,PA.

I FEEL BETRAYED.....I NEVER KNEW I WAS CHARGED FOR THOSE ITEMS......I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THEM......JUST ORDER THEM FROM EBAY.

THEY ARE ROBBING PEOPLE BLIND.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY. I HOPE EVERYONE GETS A BETTER DEAL AND BETTER SERVICE THAN I DID.

PLAINTIFF- DARK6MT, BABYBOPUL
DEFENDANT- salesman RON MCDANIEL , manager JOE XXXXX

Old 02-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Racer

damn guys......not even one reply.....anyone want to tell me what's going on?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Racer

Yeah, they are jerks. I know the dealer, but not intimately. I bought through Lehigh Valley Acura. I had somewhat better results, but in the end I believe that most dealers are snakes.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:16 PM
7th Gear

DARK6mt, congrats on your car and your girlfriend's one. It's a great car as everyone on this forum keeps mentioning. As for sussman, I was looking for Antracite/quartz AT with Navi in early December. Actually, I saw it for the first time when I brough my 2001 CLS for service to sussman. Had a little conversation with infamous Ron McDaniel for about an hour, $1000 off MSRP and, hear this, $14K for my trade-in. Of course my answer was no, so I took my business elsewhere. 15 or so emails and two weeks later I picked up the car i wanted at Metro acura (near philly airport) for $33.7K with protection package, wind deflector, all weather mats, door edge protectors and lighter/ashtray. Oh, and they gave me $17k for my 2001 CLS. Next day Metro's service department spent 5 hours installing the lighter and breaking a panel under the glove compartment (which was promptly repaired by sussman). I don't understand how do sussman acura still selling cars, but their service department appears to be the best in the metro area.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Advanced

oh well

I was going to start shopping for my TL at Sussman Acura Willow Grove or Davis Acura Langhorne.

Guess I'll skip Sussman.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

i don't get what you guys get so upset about hwne you can't get the car for under msrp. it's a business. they're just trying to get as much money as they can. i fail to see how that is wrong of them
Old 02-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by adam209
i don't get what you guys get so upset about hwne you can't get the car for under msrp. it's a business. they're just trying to get as much money as they can. i fail to see how that is wrong of them
Agreed, but it reads as though the Sussaman dealership salesperson acted...well..too much like a car salesman. :p
Old 02-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Cruisin'

Don't buy from Davis

If you are looking at the new Tl, don't buy from davis acura. I live in the area and have not had any good experiences with them. Their sales department is terrible and the salesmen and ignorant. The service is also a joke, they have trouble changing the oil. If you are looking for a nice acura dealer, try Montgomeryville Acura...i have no complaints.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:27 PM
7th Gear

I have had a different experience with Davis acura. Actually, bought 2001 CLS there and negotiated $1500 off MSRP on auto TL/Navi with some options in early december. They didn't have my color combination though. Service department went south when they added a new service facility couple years ago. Sales staff is not that bad and coffe is good
Old 02-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Racer

adam209-If your salesman told you that you got trunk tray and mudguards for free.......and you find out after that you were charged for those.....what would you do? I think it unprofessional business practice.....and its wrong no matter how expensive or cheap they are selling the car......at the end its WRONG.

Thank god it was a TL or else I would have returned the car by driving it through the dealership.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Instructor

I too don't see what the big deal is. That's negotiations and if you don't like the price you just go somewhere else - they're not crocks - just trying to make more money. I too bought mine from Lehigh Valley Acura and although I had to wait 4 months because of the color combo/6mt/Navi combo, I think I got a good deal considering and I paid MSRP but when I got a price for my trade-in, I got them to include mudflaps, body side moulding, and locking lug nuts for free. I ended up selling privately for more money but they still gave me the free dealer addons plus about $600 off a service contract so I was pleased as punch on delivery.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by DARK6mt
adam209-If your salesman told you that you got trunk tray and mudguards for free.......and you find out after that you were charged for those.....what would you do? I think it unprofessional business practice.....and its wrong no matter how expensive or cheap they are selling the car......at the end its WRONG.

Thank god it was a TL or else I would have returned the car by driving it through the dealership.
maybe you should have read the small print. nothing is for free
Old 02-13-2004, 02:53 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Sussman 611 Acura Dealer In Pa

THEY ARE ROBBING PEOPLE BLIND.
Oh geez, another story about a dealer cheated someone. Didn't you need to sign some documents indicating EXACTLY what you were buying and what came with the car? Doesn't sound like they "robbed" you blind. Sounds like they sold you a car and you had buyer's remorse afterwards. There is nothing that says they need to provide you with extras at no charge. You should ask for them BEFORE the sale is consumated. EVERY car deal is negotiable.

If you don't get what you think you deserve, then don't sign the bottom line to begin with.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 AM
Instructor

So you paid $300 extra for a car you got $1000 off of - this is pocket change when we're talking about a $35,000 car. They're not robbers - just good businesspeople.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Hey they have these things at car dealers....they're called doors. Learn how to use them.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Racer

WOW!!!

ok ok.....let me first comprehend what everyone else is saying here.....because its very interesting.

First---buyers remorse??? naw....i love my car, and the price is cool......I was told they were free....and now i find out they were not. To everyone that think this is "ok...well i guess they forgot" hell with you.

Second-- THis is just me telling my fellow TLers what happended so that they can watch out for things as such....flaming me about a story of me being burned by the dealer....well excuse me for being not so perfect.

Third-- It seems you guys will complain about the dumbest things yet when i paid for somthing i didn't know about it is not that important.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Racer

WOW!!!

ok ok.....let me first comprehend what everyone else is saying here.....because its very interesting.

First---buyers remorse??? naw....i love my car, and the price is cool......I was told they were free....and now i find out they were not. To everyone that think this is "ok...well i guess they forgot" hell with you.

Second-- THis is just me telling my fellow TLers what happended so that they can watch out for things as such....flaming me about a story of me being burned by the dealer....well excuse me for being not so perfect.

Third-- It seems you guys will complain about the dumbest things yet when i paid for somthing i didn't know about it is not that important.

there, i will take everyone critism as is, nothing personnel, just discouraged at how people here take things. WHY DO YOU THINK I TOOK TIME TO WRITE THIS? thanks guys for your encouraging feedbacks.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Advanced

wow kid, after you purchase a couple of cars and you re-read your post 15 years later, you'll realize that "crap, i would have flamed myself for that post".

#1. you have found out first hand that car salesmen work creatively to maximize their profits.

#2. you were too eager to buy a car and really didn't give yourself a chance to negotiate a better deal.

#3. you "negotiated" and signed for a car at $1000 under MSRP - you went into the deal specifically knowing that it includes the extras you got. Your perception that it was "free" is just that, your naive perception. The dealer did nothing wrong, even if he said "hey, i'll throw in the protection package for $1000 under MSRP". Now, if the dealer, just before you signed the contract, added $300 to the bill and tried to sneak the cost of the package in, you would have a legitimate gripe. Like you said, he wanted to "insure" the deal, he had no obligation to extend that "deal" you got to your gf. I would say that the dealer is _stupid_ not to build a relationship with your family but he did nothing illegal or ethically wrong.

You did not get robbed dude, that's the bottom line and that's why you got the psuedo flames. i say psuedo b/c if you're terribly insulted by what's been posted, you really haven't seen a real flame.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Racer

hahaha.....understood.

actually you might be right. I should have been more closly looking at all documents. However it was wrong for him to tell me that "all those are free", and thats probably where I can't understand how they are right.

that 300 dollare could have given me an intake..... what a loss.

From now on I will never ever buy from a salesman.....and never sign anything until I check all documents to every detail. Things that I thought wasn't somthing salesman lie about.

But above all things, me and my girl got the tl and its gonna be sweet driving side by side.....thank you sussman for making this possible.....no scew that......thank you acura!

ps. flaming is somthing so childish. why would anyone flame people specially on the internet.....i guess its because no one really knows who you are huh? you could have done all the wrong things in your life.....then come here and judge others why they are so wrong. does that make sense?
Old 02-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Advanced

does that make sense?
Yes. In the philosophy of life thread.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Racer

"Yes. In the philosophy of life thread"

LOL
Old 02-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
It doesn't look like you read between the lines like you were supposed to
Ed
Old 02-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Racer

yeah....i must have being drooling over the car.

note to self = check documents before drooling over the car and imagining myself driving freely on hwy.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Instructor

Sussman Acura sucks,

They lost my wifes registration card not once but twice. They are also notorious for inflating the price of car accessories.

My sister a tl-s and she complained several time that there was too much vibration under heavy braking. They couldn't figure to check the rotors and calipers.

Their sales department sucks and their service department is worse.

I bought both of my cars from Jones Acura in Lancaster.
Montgomeryville acura in Montgomeryville has good service, everytime i get a service call to make sure my service has been handled appropriately (based upon my MDX).
Old 02-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Racer

Originally posted by bollywood21
Sussman Acura sucks,

They lost my wifes registration card not once but twice. They are also notorious for inflating the price of car accessories.

My sister a tl-s and she complained several time that there was too much vibration under heavy braking. They couldn't figure to check the rotors and calipers.

Their sales department sucks and their service department is worse.

I bought both of my cars from Jones Acura in Lancaster.
Montgomeryville acura in Montgomeryville has good service, everytime i get a service call to make sure my service has been handled appropriately (based upon my MDX).
THANKS BOLLYWOOD......I FEEL A LITTLE SUPPORT FROM THIS SITE NOW. :p

YEAH I WISH I WENT TO OTHER DEALER......I SHOULD HAVE YOU KNOW......THIS WAS A GRAVE MISTAKE.....

PS BOLLYWOOD~ USED TO SELL BOLLYWOOD PRE PAID PHONE CARDS ON 5TH STREET. LOL!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:36 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: WOW!!!

Ok just so we all understand; the salemans specifically told you that you would get those items free of charge on your girlfriends car, right? If that's the case, you have a legitimate gripe. However, that is not the way you explained your story. Every car deal is seperate negotiable transaction.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Instructor

You sound young and inexperienced in new car buying. My TL was number 14 for me so I've seen just about everything and you just have to remember you have two feet and there's a door at the dealership. Salesmen are there for one thing - to maximize their profit and commisssion - not to do you favors. With Acura, it's a little tougher since the dealerships around here aren't close so you might have to do some legwork. Although Lehigh Valley might not have the best deals because they are relatively small, I have been very pleased with their service department. They always wash and vacuum the car and give me a followup call to make sure i'm satisfied. The car also leaves the dealership the way it came in - spotless. I can't say that about the Ford and Chrysler products I've bought through the years.