3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superior Acura.... Worst service dept ever!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Superior Acura.... Worst service dept ever!

So I go in to buy three more bottles of powersteering fluid after not being satisfied with the results of doing two bottles. While I was there I figured it couldn't hurt to drain and refill the radiator so I decided to pick up a gallon of genuine Acura antifreeze.

I walk in and I'm the only customer in there. There's one fat sloppy looking guy behind the counter on his cell. I can hear his conversation and he's talking about moving into a new apartment and such, obviously a personal call. I generally don't say things to people unless really pushed. I tend to have a bad temper so I avoid confrontations. Five minutes goes by so I finally ask the guy to hurry up as nicely as I can and I even smile. He askes me to hold on. All I need is the antifreeze and powersteering fluid that's sitting right behind him. I could almost reach it myself. The blood is starting to boil he's actually giving me dirty looks and acts as if I'm an inconvienence. I think it's obvious to him that I'm starting to get upset. Another few minutes go by before he asks what he can do for me. I tell him what I want as nicely as I can but now he's trying to talk gangster like to me. Now it's getting funny to me. I decided if he gets too out of line I'll just pop him. Until then I figured I would annoy the crap out of him.

I won't even get into the "discussion" we had about the 50/50 mix antifreeze that Acura sells for fear I will become dumber just for talking about his "logic". I asked the price on a few parts with very vague descriptions just to be annoying. After a while, he seemed to calm down and I ended up leaving with what I originally came for.

While I started having fun toward the end, if I weren't on vacation and had all the time in the world, I would've been extremely upset. It seemed like he was doing me a favor by helping me. I travel to LA and Vegas enough that I will never go to this service department again.

Just so this post isn't totally useless, anyone doing the turkey baster method of swapping out the power steering, five 12oz bottles are not enough to get the fluid clear.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:47 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Ugh...that sounds annoying as hell!!
Honestly, I've never been satisfied at an acura dealer, especcially asking for advice or information. Most of them don't know anything really and other just dont care, like with your situation.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
i disagree

Springfield Acura on Rt 22E in NJ is the worst in my opinion. They always f up something. In addition, last time I was there (literally the last time i was there), the assface took my car for a testdrive with me as a passenger in order to confirm a rattling sound i was complaining about and the idiot tried to squeeze through a tight spot in the dealer lot just as another employee was doing the same coming in our direction and he ended up banging my mirror with hers. So I said "you just hit my car" and he denied it. I'm freaking sitting in it. So i demanded he pull over and I inspect it, sure enough, hit the mirror. I said don't move, next thing you know, he takes off and dissappears for a few min. I go in to complain to management and he comes back. Apparently, he took it to their detail department and had it scuffed out but still, they hit my freaking car. Anyway, they've actually done worst than that but I'd rather not remind myself of how stupid and incompetent they are. I placed an official complaint with Acura and the dealership. I don't think the dealership gave a damn but Acura corporate did. Anyway, they hooked me with Park Ave Acura in Maywood NJ and they are the best in my opinion. Wish i'd bought my car there like i did my rsx. Anyway, lesson learned.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 PM
FizzyStatus!

Wow thats pretty bad....Id be soooo pissed.

Crown Acura today in richmond

Had my subwoofer and door speaker replaced becaase they were both rattling again...Got it replaced on Friday, realized yesterday, that they didnt REALLY replace it. Still fucking rattling. Had my car for 2 nights. Replaced my seats too, except on the top of my passenger so now its like two tone and the seats look loose as hell. They washed my car put swirls ALL over it and fogged up the front passenger headlight. They suck, very dissatisfied.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Retired and Loving It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only dealt with the parts dept at Superior Acura one time and they were accomidating in looking something up for me. I've had real good experiences with the Service Dept. Sounds like you had to deal with a real jerk. I'd have talked to the manager to get the guy straightened out.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:54 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Had my subwoofer and door speaker replaced becaase they were both rattling again....
Fizzle my nizzle...you can get your sub replaced if it rattles?? I didn't know that. Exactly what did you say beyond the obvious to get them to perform this feat?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ntwillie1
Springfield Acura on Rt 22E in NJ is the worst in my opinion. They always f up something. In addition, last time I was there (literally the last time i was there), the assface took my car for a testdrive with me as a passenger in order to confirm a rattling sound i was complaining about and the idiot tried to squeeze through a tight spot in the dealer lot just as another employee was doing the same coming in our direction and he ended up banging my mirror with hers. So I said "you just hit my car" and he denied it. I'm freaking sitting in it. So i demanded he pull over and I inspect it, sure enough, hit the mirror. I said don't move, next thing you know, he takes off and dissappears for a few min. I go in to complain to management and he comes back. Apparently, he took it to their detail department and had it scuffed out but still, they hit my freaking car. Anyway, they've actually done worst than that but I'd rather not remind myself of how stupid and incompetent they are. I placed an official complaint with Acura and the dealership. I don't think the dealership gave a damn but Acura corporate did. Anyway, they hooked me with Park Ave Acura in Maywood NJ and they are the best in my opinion. Wish i'd bought my car there like i did my rsx. Anyway, lesson learned.
I agree with NTwilie1. Springfield Acura sux. Didn't do pre-delivery check, 50 miles on odo at delivery, not a full tank.
Cna't fix things on first go around
Old 12-04-2007, 09:47 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ltcjmb
I agree with NTwilie1. Springfield Acura sux. Didn't do pre-delivery check, 50 miles on odo at delivery, not a full tank.
Cna't fix things on first go around
Nothing pisses me off more in the business world than someone not knowing how to do the job they are being paid to do! Sometimes as simple as answering a question! Thankfully, my service dept never gives me this bs, but you guys get it a lot it seems. I guess the best thing to do is to hit them hard on the survey or whatever after the job is done, or rather NOT done. They live by those things right?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 AM
T-Swzy

what are the qualifications to work at a dealership anyway? not a mechanic but one of them other service guys?
it seems like being able to scribble your name is all it takes to fiddle around with people's 30 thousand dollar investments
Old 12-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
should have asked him to speak to the manager before asking him anything, he would have shit as brick.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am like the OP, only I usually end up telling them where to shove it. This lack of customer service seems to be the way EVERY business is run today

On a positive note though, the Service Dept. at Lindsay Acura in Columbus, Ohio is the BEST. The service mgr. himself is somewhat of a hard ass as in "tight with the money", but they always are prompt and friendly with top notch techs. Have not had a real negative experience in 9 years.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Fizzle my nizzle...you can get your sub replaced if it rattles?? I didn't know that. Exactly what did you say beyond the obvious to get them to perform this feat?
"Fizzle my nizzle"

*dies laughing!*

That rocks! I think if you search you'll find that you can get Acura to replace almost anything that rattles. If you ask nicely. And find a good service department.

Acura 101 West in Calabasas, CA told me that I could bring my TL in for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles and they would fix or replace any rattles or anything that I found unsatisfactory with no questions asked.

I never took them up on it because I never found anything to replace!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:18 AM
FizzyStatus!

Originally Posted by darksom1

Well mine was a little more than rattling...

But speaking of not knowing how to do things, I've been to Crown acura THREE times to get my alignment fixed(same issue), went for my seats FOUR times, and once after the new ones because they werent fastened in correctly, and THREE times for the hissing noise in the engine bay....which they STILL havent heard
Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
best experience

if you are in NJ or nearby area and want the best possible service I would recommend giong to Park Avenue Acura. The service managers and all personal are very professional and always do the job right. They held on to my car for 4 days and provided a loaner until my rattle was completely gone. They even had me come in one day to test drive the car after they thought they had it right, and when i said i still heard it a bit, they said no problem, keep our loaner and let us work on it some more. When i got the car back, not a rattle since. I was so satisfied with them I had to write a letter to the dealership and Corporate to let them know how great they were. I also wrote a nasty one to Springfield Acura to let the know how much they suck.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Update.....

I went in to the same service dept with the same guy behind the counter. I went in for some powersteering fluid, coolant, plastic clips for the door panels, and the metal clips that hold the center speaker in. The clips that hold the speaker grill in are what I actually wanted today. On the center, one of the clips is missing so the grill sticks out of the dash a little and looks tacky.

I get home and go to do the speaker grill and the clips aren't in the bag. Everything else is, but not the one thing I needed today. Wouldn't be a big deal but so far this dealership is 0 for 3.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

Originally Posted by Razzi
what are the qualifications to work at a dealership anyway? not a mechanic but one of them other service guys?
it seems like being able to scribble your name is all it takes to fiddle around with people's 30 thousand dollar investments
sometimes i wonder the same thing. i work with people like that.

BTW, can something that depreciates be considered an investment?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Lazy Idiot

The Parts Dept is always a place where you find a guy who

a.Doesnt Know anything about the Car -I tried to get some A-Spec badges for my car and the guy expressed his inability to get me some badges as the "A-Spec was a special edition" and the badges "might not be available.

b.Very Rude

c.Very Annoying

d.Very Careless - I Ordered some parts from David McDavid Acura in Austin and since they dont seem to have anything in stock, they ordered it and it took about three days.My Mom picked them up for me over the weekend and i find that some of the parts werent even there.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Lazy Idiot

I think it is better to do your own maintenance on common things as it gives you the extra satisfaction and lets nobody touch your car
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Fortunatly (or luckily) I've been treated MUCH better.

They get the parts I ask for. Parts orders arrive on time. One thing I do is look up the part numbers I want a take a list.

Yesterday I went in for Brake Fluid, Some Brake line clips and some brake pad Moly Grease. I gave the guy the part number on the Moly Grease and he brought out a tube - a little smaller than toothpaste sized.

He said, "You don't want this. It's WAY too much." I said I was replacing pads on all four corners, the tube would be fine. I'd just keep the extra.

He said, "You just need a lttle bit. This is WAY too much and VERY expensive." He then said he'd give me (gratis) a small grease pack that came with the OE pads sets that hadn't been needed (I guess the techs use the tubes or other bulk supply).

Then he went on to explain how the techs applied it and where to apply, etc.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Asked for touchup paint for 06 AM TL, and the parts guy gave me a touchup paint in similar color for TSX... wtf... good thing I checked on the spot, and a different parts guy got the the right color.

www.hondacuraworld.com FTW!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:45 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could've gone to a Honda Dealership and gotten those things and probably had gotten better service. Plus its slightly cheaper?
Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Razzi
Cars are not an investment. They are a depreciating asset at best.

D