Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STUPID Acura dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STUPID Acura dealer

So today I went for my 12k miles maint. and every time I go there a new fucking thing. I paid to have all the maint. for my car until the warranty expires, so every time I go They suggest I do some shit to the car and is not under that warranty

Ex: 9k miles I went and they told me whay was going to be done at 9k miles, and then they tell me that they suggest I flush the Brake system and Power streering system

12k miles they do the same thing, tell me everything is going to be done to the cat and SUGGEST that I flush the motor and the injectors.

What the fuck is going on, I pay for that warranty and if they suggest that those procedures should be done for the maintanance of the car, why the fuck is not included under the warranty?

MOD EDIT: title changed
Old 02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Engrish?

I'm really confused what you're trying to say? How is your warranty going to expire? Is this a 04, because thats the only year that the warranty expired. You paid for the warranty? or did the warranty come with the car? Flushing brakes, power steering and everything else is considered a wear and tear which they usually don't cover like the brake pads (If im not mistaken). They cover something like the Engine/Transmission/Belts/Paint/Seat Belts/Interior, etc.. but not fluids or pads or oil changes, etc...
Old 02-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Man of God.....

Angry

Sir, I am greatly offended by the title of this thread. I hope that the admin. here closes this.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
lol.. offended.. but understand completely. You sir are the victim of an UPSELL. My Advice.. even if they say - "if you don't do it you will die" or "if you dont do it, it will void your warranty"... Say no thank you (try not to deck 'em or square him in the balls).. drive home and then ask for our advice. There are many very experienced members here who can share their knowledgeable advice.

Basically the dealer is bending you over and is "suggesting" you do very simple maintenance that is 99.999% of the time unnecessary and 100% of the time DIY for around 1/10 of the dealer price. Welcome to the club.. lol..
Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by Rafiton
....every time I go They suggest I do some shit to the car and is not under that warranty

Ex: 9k miles I went and they told me whay was going to be done at 9k miles, and then they tell me that they suggest I flush the Brake system and Power streering system

12k miles they do the same thing, tell me everything is going to be done to the cat and SUGGEST that I flush the motor and the injectors.
Follow the Maintenance Minder codes @ p. 209 or so of your owner's manual-- don't have any other "maintenance" work done.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:28 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer is always great!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Will Y.
Follow the Maintenance Minder codes @ p. 209 or so of your owner's manual-- don't have any other "maintenance" work done.
I agree with WILL Y. Every time i go for service i check what needs to be done. BTW my dealer is great acura of ramsey
Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Majofo
lol.. offended.. but understand completely. You sir are the victim of an UPSELL. My Advice.. even if they say - "if you don't do it you will die" or "if you dont do it, it will void your warranty"... Say no thank you (try not to deck 'em or square him in the balls).. drive home and then ask for our advice. There are many very experienced members here who can share their knowledgeable advice.

Basically the dealer is bending you over and is "suggesting" you do very simple maintenance that is 99.999% of the time unnecessary and 100% of the time DIY for around 1/10 of the dealer price. Welcome to the club.. lol..
Well this is why im writing this here. Correct me if im wrong, but when they say "Flush the Injectors" does that mean cleaning where the gas goes trhu? I know when they say to flush the Power steering and Brakes is to change the fluids. But my god my car is only 12k miles.

Sorry for ofending on the topic, but I dont know why mainly because I dont remember what i wrote, but anyway my bad
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by Rafiton
Well this is why im writing this here. Correct me if im wrong, but when they say "Flush the Injectors" does that mean cleaning where the gas goes trhu? I know when they say to flush the Power steering and Brakes is to change the fluids. But my god my car is only 12k miles.

Sorry for ofending on the topic, but I dont know why mainly because I dont remember what i wrote, but anyway my bad
I think the dealer means Clean the injectors. This is good to do every 15K since crud slowly builds up on injectors, its not necessary until higher miles when the motor starts to have misfires. Also the Brake fluid change/flush is after 3 years and then every year after that. Trans fluid is 60K in the book, but what some members do here is:

1. 3 x 3 transmission fluid change every 30K
2. Transmission drain and refill every other oil change
3. Transmission drain and refill every 15K.

Option 1 is really the best for your trans in my opinion if you do city driving, If mostly highway, you can get away with something higher. Read the manual and see what is required and what is not.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 PM

Clean the fuel injectors? I clean mine with a $7 bottle of Berryman's B-12... how much are they charging you???

Flush the brakes?.. for them that means sucking out the fluid from your master cylinder with a turkey baster and putting in new brake fluid, which does nothing and takes about all of 5 minutes. Even if they bleed all four wheels.. which I doubt, would take maybe 20-30 mins max. They're not even suppost to touch your brakes until the 3 yr mark. They are squeezing you for money.. Grabbing you by the ankles and dangling you upside down.. letting the change fall into their pockets.

If they ever say "Top Engine / End Clean" or "New Pollen / A/C Air filter" or "Pads are really REALLY low - $900 brake job" - ask them if they'll polish you off after giving you a full lube job?.. seriously.. I really hate to see threads like this where people are getting shafted by service shops. . I have found a few really good, honest independent local shops (specialized in Honda's) who treat me fairly and don't B.S. me. I suggest you try doing the same.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
Clean the fuel injectors? I clean mine with a $7 bottle of Berryman's B-12... how much are they charging you???

Flush the brakes?.. for them that means sucking out the fluid from your master cylinder with a turkey baster and putting in new brake fluid, which does nothing and takes about all of 5 minutes. Even if they bleed all four wheels.. which I doubt, would take maybe 20-30 mins max. They're not even suppost to touch your brakes until the 3 yr mark. They are squeezing you for money.. Grabbing you by the ankles and dangling you upside down.. letting the change fall into their pockets.

If they ever say "Top Engine / End Clean" or "New Pollen / A/C Air filter" or "Pads are really REALLY low - $900 brake job" - ask them if they'll polish you off after giving you a full lube job?.. seriously.. I really hate to see threads like this where people are getting shafted by service shops. . I have found a few really good, honest independent local shops (specialized in Honda's) who treat me fairly and don't B.S. me. I suggest you try doing the same.
fuel injectors can be cleaned with b-12 or seafoam, seafoam is better since it's milder than b-12 for newer and well maintained cars. B-12 is for older cars with some serious buildup!
The brakes are to be completely drained and refilled with new fluid with a flush, not turkey baster!
Filters you can change yourself if you can operate a scewdriver!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance
fuel injectors can be cleaned with b-12 or seafoam, seafoam is better since it's milder than b-12 for newer and well maintained cars. B-12 is for older cars with some serious buildup!
The brakes are to be completely drained and refilled with new fluid with a flush, not turkey baster!
Filters you can change yourself if you can operate a scewdriver!
Completely agree. I was just commenting on the service shop having the poor guy do a brake flush every time he stops inside. I can just imagine them doing the cheap suck & fill on his brake fluid, not commenting on how to appropriately change fluid. Ridiculous.. Unless he's driving through a swamp everyday..
Old 02-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Advanced

Acura never recommended cleaning fuel injectors.... there are no known fuel injector failures on these cars.

Some early 04 models had problems with LEAKING injectors which would cause engines to hydrolock and blow up.

Stick to your maintenance book.... do you As and Bs, when it asks for a trans fluid change... do it. Only thing the maintenance minder won't tell you to do is change the brake fluid, and thats done ever 3 years.

I heard dealers in the Chicagoland area charging people for same services on BRAND new cars. Does your 08 TL with 20K miles really need a coolant flush, brake flush, P/S flush and tranny flush ? I seen dealers here push 300 dollar maintenance A and "700" dollar Bs.....

Whip out the maintenance journal, tell them.... STFU and do just what this calls for.

This is coming for a Acura tech who hates to see someone pay for some stupid service their car does not need ! And I BET they don't do half the things they say they do too !
Old 02-17-2009, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by DasTeknoViking
Acura never recommended cleaning fuel injectors.... there are no known fuel injector failures on these cars.

Some early 04 models had problems with LEAKING injectors which would cause engines to hydrolock and blow up.

Stick to your maintenance book.... do you As and Bs, when it asks for a trans fluid change... do it. Only thing the maintenance minder won't tell you to do is change the brake fluid, and thats done ever 3 years.

I heard dealers in the Chicagoland area charging people for same services on BRAND new cars. Does your 08 TL with 20K miles really need a coolant flush, brake flush, P/S flush and tranny flush ? I seen dealers here push 300 dollar maintenance A and "700" dollar Bs.....

Whip out the maintenance journal, tell them.... STFU and do just what this calls for.

This is coming for a Acura tech who hates to see someone pay for some stupid service their car does not need ! And I BET they don't do half the things they say they do too !
^ Word
Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
my car is soo neglected...i change my own oil every 5k, and my car has never seen service at the dealer...just now approaching 20k...bad owner....
Old 02-17-2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by vinnier6
my car is soo neglected...i change my own oil every 5k, and my car has never seen service at the dealer...just now approaching 20k...bad owner....
lol.. .. you forgot to paint your font red.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=vinnier6;10532630]my car is soo neglected...i change my own oil every 5k, and my car has never seen service at the dealer...just now approaching 20k...bad owner...

Good luck the time you go to the dealer.