3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck Up 3rd Gen TL Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:11 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
^ come to Oakland. Where the rims are worth more then the cars...
Old 06-27-2010, 04:20 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
base is mostly old people aspec r mostly middle aged and type s is young to middle aged
Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by denny crane
I enjoy my car stock. However I will eventually want to change it after looking at it for so many years. I'll most likely buy some rims. I like the look of lowered cars but after last years snow storms I'll pass on that.
I love all modded cars. I just decided I'll spend my extra money on my house or retirement (45 y.o). However I do fight the urge to buy tools and do something to the car-- I love halos and clear tail lights.

As far as worst town for mods. In philly you can find a lot of surplus police cars with 22's. It doesnt look bad but it doesn't look good especially if you can see where the sheild and external lights and replcement fenders where.
thugs are drawn to power, they cant help it. Most even try to imitate real police vehicles. On the plus side for them, cop cars are usually souped up in HP and over engineered to last longer. Cabbies love them for this reason as well.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JackSampson
MOST TL OWNERS ARE PROFESSIONALS NOT 20 YEAR OLD PUNKS
Unfortunately not any more. The 3G TL has come down in price to where many 20 yr old punks can now afford one. Just look at the increase in the number of teenagers posting around here. I may have to trade in my TL for something more pricey just for that reason because I as a successful mid-20's professional don't want to be associated with those type of people.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
Unfortunately not any more. The 3G TL has come down in price to where many 20 yr old punks can now afford one. Just look at the increase in the number of teenagers posting around here. I may have to trade in my TL for something more pricey just for that reason because I as a successful mid-20's professional don't want to be associated with those type of people.
Uhm you do realize that happens with every car?..Are you going to trade your car when someone young is able to afford..LMAO
Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Unfortunately not any more. The 3G TL has come down in price to where many 20 yr old punks can now afford one. Just look at the increase in the number of teenagers posting around here. I may have to trade in my TL for something more pricey just for that reason because I as a successful mid-20's professional tool don't want to be associated with those type of people.
Fixed.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
I've kept my 3G TL stock (looks-wise at least) and to be honest I think that about 75% of the mods people do to the TL make it look worse, not better. So no I don't give any respect to a modified 3G when I see one, unless it really does look good (very rare).
then why are you even on this forum?Seriously grow up This is what this forum is about. Modifications to our cars,looks,performance, and all our experiences with them. Just because 20 yr olds have acuras and modify them doesnt make them punks
Old 06-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I do partially agree. With so many 2nd hand affordable TLs around here, I see more and more horrible looking riced out TLs. A word of advice, don't swap rims just to say you have rims. Replacing factory rims with uglier 16" rims with the wrong offset that are cheaper than factory rims does not count. I'm seeing more and more exhausts that belong on a Civic and they're being driven like idiots. This reinforces my reasoning of going for a stealth look while increasing performance. I don't want to be put in this crowd.

Just the other day I had a kid that insisted on getting into a pissing match that he had no chance of winning. When he finally pissed me off enough that I got out of the car at a redlight, he blew through it with no regard to others that were going on their green. I still have plans for him.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I do partially agree. With so many 2nd hand affordable TLs around here, I see more and more horrible looking riced out TLs. A word of advice, don't swap rims just to say you have rims. Replacing factory rims with uglier 16" rims with the wrong offset that are cheaper than factory rims does not count. I'm seeing more and more exhausts that belong on a Civic and they're being driven like idiots. This reinforces my reasoning of going for a stealth look while increasing performance. I don't want to be put in this crowd.
I agree with that part but I don't think you should sell your car just because some punks can afford it now. I've never seen the point in rims 19 inches or bigger, putting a exhuast so loud like the greddy that you can't even hear the passanger, or dropping your car so low that you can't go up many drive ways. Still to this day I don't understand why people swap the base taillights for the type-s ones. Even my girlfriend who doesn't know shit about cars thinks the type-s ones are ricer. I guess there all just trying to be "JDM".

Thats just my and it might not be worth more then to many people.

Last edited by Abe_Froman; 06-27-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 301 Likes on 258 Posts
whats wrong with modding a tl? its a great car and so many people have modded their tl's to look FANTASTIC!, esp on azine! if it fits your personality and your happy with it,who cares what others think, its YOURS! and you made it that way.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 301 Likes on 258 Posts
italiano +1
Old 06-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
...I still have plans for him.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by akplaya92
I agree with that part but I don't think you should sell your car just because some punks can afford it now. I've never seen the point in rims 19 inches or bigger, putting a exhuast so loud like the greddy that you can't even hear the passanger, or dropping your car so low that you can't go up many drive ways. Still to this day I don't understand why people swap the base taillights for the type-s ones. Even my girlfriend who doesn't know shit about cars thinks the type-s ones are ricer. I guess there all just trying to be "JDM".

Thats just my and it might not be worth more then to many people.
I agree, definately wouldn't go as far as selling it. Mine is almost paid off so that overrides everything else.

Before, when I saw a modded TL it was usually nice. Just yesterday when I was car shopping with the parents I saw a TL on display for all to see on a platform slammed on spraypainted stockies and some horrific bodykit that looked like it would blow off if he took it on the freeway.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nttstt444
whats wrong with modding a tl? its a great car and so many people have modded their tl's to look FANTASTIC!, esp on azine! if it fits your personality and your happy with it,who cares what others think, its YOURS! and you made it that way.
But if anything I'm tired of getting the dirty ass look from JDM wanna be Civic Si owners in their early 20s. Most TL drivers don't even bother to glance over.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I started down the exterior path, added a factory wing and cleared my headlights.

Then did the interior navi conversion and ipod integration.

Now just going to performance. First did the short shifter, then the check valve on the clutch, now the mother of all, a turbo.

There are a couple of TL's with all the chrome mods, stickers all over, smoked headlights, etc. I personally think they are hideous but as always, you can do whatever you want to your ride.

I also could give a shit if 20 something ricers are running the same car. I still like the looks of a 3G over any car in it's price point past or present and plan on keeping it for a long time.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sounds like alot of the older crowd never went thru that " fast & furious" stage. I'm not saying that EVERYONE goes thru that, but some kids just think "the flashier the better". I mean, Lamborghini and ferrari basically come slammed from the factory, but I garuntee you guys wouldn't complain about it, but when someone decides to do the same, it becomes tacky? doesn't make sense. there are alot of professional modifier's in the world, that love to slam cars, and do all these other things because its like a hobby, and it's great. Honestly, no offense, but some one you guys see the world in black and white. Like if it's not how you like it, then its lame or immature or ricy. Let them throw greddy exhausts on their TL's if they won't too, you act like bugatti isn't louder? I saw a ferrari F450 today and it was loud as FUCK, are you gonna sit here and tell me it was inspired by ricey civic modifiers? NO! loud exhausts are a part of all high performance vehicles. So, sure, having a loud exhaust on a TL is a bit ricy, but sometimes that the closest some ppl can get to feel like their in a Lambo. you guys gotta see the bigger picture.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
I think you missed the point^
Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL, I cannot imagine a "professional " with that kind of avatar honestly, you need some growing up to do. how about you get a Lambo, and then you won't have to worry about "20-year old punks" owning one (besides all the celebrity 20 year old punks).

Infact, please let me know what your next car will be, that way i won't be associated with a "mid-20's year old professional punk" lol.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
this thread has run its course.