3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen Tl

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
OMG man. I'm sorry to hear and see your loss. You had one of the nicest TLs, very clean and well done. Thieves like that should be punished severly. I hope everything works out for you and you can recover from the monetary loss. Good luck, keep your head up.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Heartless bastards.....
Old 04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Vision Camera

If I were you, get aftermarket alram & NIGHT VISION CAMERA hooked up to your computer facing your driveway. Also put gates up and get a Neo Mastiff and a Rohesion Ridgeback for added security!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by F23A4
However, in our litigious society the owner of such a car would a) probably be charged with manslaughter (or attampted manslaughter) , b) be sued by the family of the thief and c) be victimized by a justice system where it's now implied that the victim is aparty to the crime committed against them (i.e.: ...shouldnt have bought a car nice enough to warrant a security system that produces an electrical charge to prevent its theft).
My mention of that alarm was merely a joke. Can you imagine the kind of liability that company would have to carry to sell such a device?

Hope you enjoy whatever new car you choose.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:35 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW....what part of NY did this happen?, I was thinking of visiting my mother in- law in Brooklyn but now I'm thinking of just taking the Odyssey...wow tough break...
Old 04-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
WOW....what part of NY did this happen?, I was thinking of visiting my mother in- law in Brooklyn but now I'm thinking of just taking the Odyssey...wow tough break...
What are you talking about? It's too dangerous, even to take your Odyssey...no more trips to the mother-in-law's! Feel free to tell your wife you're sorry... :wink:
Old 04-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Racer

And this is why I decided to get the LoJack... easier to track if stolen.

Sorry for your loss, but with the mods you have, it makes me wonder if someone who knew about the car went after it...
Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by mgokool
My TL got stolen last week from my driveway... God knows how they took it! I'm still tryin to figure this sh!t out! These basterds out there today dont have nothing better to do than take other people's things that we work hard for! I'm sorry everyone, just needed to vent a little. Be careful cuz even at your house its not safe. Mine was recovered and went to see it today....look what those FUC%#RS did to ma baby... :angryfire
Yikes! What a nightmare!

How long was it from the time you reported it stolen until it was found?

LoJack or a satellite tracking system would do the trick. My '89 Accord SE-i was stolen from a parking lot in lower Manhattan in 1998 then found in the Bronx the next morning thanks to LoJack. The cops pulled up just as they were starting to strip it.

The advantage of the satellite system is you can find out exactly where your car is at any time. Those systems can also instantly disable the ignition on command so you can stop a thief in his tracks wherever your car is at any moment.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless they are towing....
Old 04-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

my condolences. i was stunned by the pics - there's not a scrap on that car that is salvagable. And its a great car, one you probably worked hard for, only for some fucker to take.

I wish you best of luck in finding a new ride.

And maybve you (and others) might consider one of those 2 way paging alarm systems that notifies your key fob (about 2 mile range) if you ride is being started/broken into/towed.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Gadgets
We need that security system from that movie Robocop. The thief gets in and gets electrocuted. When the owner gets there, he removes the body and drives away. They didn't mention anything about being liable for the stink though.
I think we should all get a Trunk Monkey to protect our precious TLs.
http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/4qt.htm
Old 04-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Ok, after reading this thread, it seems that there is some confusion over auto theft. I work for a local police department for ten years and here is what I have learned from taken reports for stolen vehicles and finding my share of them.

1. Take the keys out of the ignition, lock your car and set the alarm. I know that sounds stupid, but you don't know how many times people have started up their cars to get them warmed up (I live in Las Vegas, my god, it is not cold here) and come out a few mintues later and guess what, car b gone.

2. If you have a garage, use it. Isn't it funny when you drive by people's homes and they have a four car garage with cars parked in the driveway and the street. Clean out the crap in the garage and get a storage unit. The garage is for the car, not crap. Besides, what is in your garage that is more important than our TL.

3. Invest in a Lo-Jack unit (I do not work for them!!!!). This is the most widely used system that the police use in this country. I can recall several incidents of when the nations finest roll up on chop shops with the dumb ass thieves oblivious to the Lo-Jack unit hidden in the stolen vehicle.

4. No matter what, if a car thief wants your car, he is going to get it. If you are car-jacked, give up the car. IT IS JUST A CAR, YOUR LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT. Acura makes thousands of cars each year and we all should have insurance to cover our cars. Get your money from the insurance company and get another ride.

Hope this somewhat helps out.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
is insurance covering all of this?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Did they strip the car of more than the lights,wheels?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by msr1011
Ok, after reading this thread, it seems that there is some confusion over auto theft. I work for a local police department for ten years and here is what I have learned from taken reports for stolen vehicles and finding my share of them.

1. Take the keys out of the ignition, lock your car and set the alarm. I know that sounds stupid, but you don't know how many times people have started up their cars to get them warmed up (I live in Las Vegas, my god, it is not cold here) and come out a few mintues later and guess what, car b gone.

2. If you have a garage, use it. Isn't it funny when you drive by people's homes and they have a four car garage with cars parked in the driveway and the street. Clean out the crap in the garage and get a storage unit. The garage is for the car, not crap. Besides, what is in your garage that is more important than our TL.

3. Invest in a Lo-Jack unit (I do not work for them!!!!). This is the most widely used system that the police use in this country. I can recall several incidents of when the nations finest roll up on chop shops with the dumb ass thieves oblivious to the Lo-Jack unit hidden in the stolen vehicle.

4. No matter what, if a car thief wants your car, he is going to get it. If you are car-jacked, give up the car. IT IS JUST A CAR, YOUR LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT. Acura makes thousands of cars each year and we all should have insurance to cover our cars. Get your money from the insurance company and get another ride.

Props to you! I agree with everything this guy suggests. I would also add the following:

Repeal rules that allow probation! Judges hand out sentences for a reason. Parole undermines Judges sentences. If you are in prison, you should behave and serve your time. If you do not behave, then time should be added. There are many cons that get released that we don't need in society. And if you've truly reformed... well demonstrate that when you serve your time and you get released when promised.

Try juveniles as adults for all violent crimes. The age of the kid behind the gun makes no difference when he pulls the trigger. Additionally, if a kid commits a crime with the parent's gun, prosecute the parent as an accomplice. The parent's lack of responsible handling of the gun is an enabler for the kid's actions. Gun control is shooting a tight grouping and being responsible about how you store weapons in the house.

Capital punishment for capital crimes proven with DNA. Murder of a cop. Murder. Child molestation. This is not a question about punishment. Its about protecting society. If a dog attacks and kills someone, put it to sleep.

Federal mandate for 3-strikes legislation. Habitual criminals need to be habitually in jail. If you can't learn your lesson, don't make society pay the price for you being stupid.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by msr1011

got a quick question - you say you've worked 10 years in the police department. Well u must have started when you were 10, cause you current age is listed as 20!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Banned

I think Apex made a camera system that you mount toward the wheel and it takes a picture every 5 seconds. You can get the picture sent to an e-mail, cell phone, and anything else that accepts pictures. I'm going to get one for my Civic HB.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:02 PM
'05 5AT w/Navi NBP/Ebony

Sorry about your ride. I feel for you! My five week old '05 5AT was broken into last week and I am still trying to get over it...And they didn't even hurt the car. Lots of damage, but at least you get a new TL!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
El Presidente

oh no! sorry to see that bro.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn
Old 04-19-2005, 11:08 PM
trill recognize trill

painfully ugly damnn
Old 04-19-2005, 11:32 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vishnus11
got a quick question - you say you've worked 10 years in the police department. Well u must have started when you were 10, cause you current age is listed as 20!
Funny,
Must have been part of the 4th grade "intern" program...
--I'm sure their is a logical explanation here.......... He did give sound advice......

Either way, if any of my vehicles were stolen, I would prefer they never be found and/or found like and/or in worse shape than this poor TL. I'd want a "total loss" outcome from my insurance company.
--Burning up the car is good! As long as myself and/or family is not in it at the time!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Instructor

Parked round 9pm sunday nite...woke up monday morning to take the dog for a walk around 7am and it was gone...insurance notified us 2days later

Originally Posted by DMZ
Yikes! What a nightmare!

How long was it from the time you reported it stolen until it was found?

LoJack or a satellite tracking system would do the trick. My '89 Accord SE-i was stolen from a parking lot in lower Manhattan in 1998 then found in the Bronx the next morning thanks to LoJack. The cops pulled up just as they were starting to strip it.

The advantage of the satellite system is you can find out exactly where your car is at any time. Those systems can also instantly disable the ignition on command so you can stop a thief in his tracks wherever your car is at any moment.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:43 PM
White 2000 TL

I'm Sorry to See this happen to someone but on another Note The people who did this to your car cant be far from the area They found it and we know what there Driving So look for a Tow Truck , Keep your head up life goes on
Old 04-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Instructor

don't know...i still gotta keep making payments until all is settled and I cant even drive the car...sux and hurts...

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
is insurance covering all of this?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Instructor

from what i saw lights, wheels, radiator, battery, spare tire, side lights...as for the interior, its so burnt and melted, couldnt even tell what was taken... IT WAS TOO PAINFUL TO LOOK AT...

Originally Posted by zexi
Did they strip the car of more than the lights,wheels?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:54 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mgokool
don't know...i still gotta keep making payments until all is settled and I cant even drive the car...sux and hurts...
what do u mean u dont know? they have to cover it if it was insured.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by taxidriversingh
I think Apex made a camera system that you mount toward the wheel and it takes a picture every 5 seconds. You can get the picture sent to an e-mail, cell phone, and anything else that accepts pictures. I'm going to get one for my Civic HB.
1 picture every 5 seconds? damn how much juice that gonna take? i don't think there is such a system. if you park your car for like a few days it would really drain the battery. the car would potentially take 17K+ pictures a day. and even if it did work the car would be long gone when you get the picture.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:45 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry to see that dude...that was painful to watch. What comes around goes around so those dudes will have what they deserve!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Advanced

To those who said that my age is 20, well, im about ten years older than that, when i started on this website, i did not want to give out any information without checking out the site first. I just listed a made up b-day.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:43 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by TLOBLLC
Props to you! I agree with everything this guy suggests. I would also add the following:

Repeal rules that allow probation! Judges hand out sentences for a reason. Parole undermines Judges sentences. If you are in prison, you should behave and serve your time. If you do not behave, then time should be added. There are many cons that get released that we don't need in society. And if you've truly reformed... well demonstrate that when you serve your time and you get released when promised.

Try juveniles as adults for all violent crimes. The age of the kid behind the gun makes no difference when he pulls the trigger. Additionally, if a kid commits a crime with the parent's gun, prosecute the parent as an accomplice. The parent's lack of responsible handling of the gun is an enabler for the kid's actions. Gun control is shooting a tight grouping and being responsible about how you store weapons in the house.

Capital punishment for capital crimes proven with DNA. Murder of a cop. Murder. Child molestation. This is not a question about punishment. Its about protecting society. If a dog attacks and kills someone, put it to sleep.

Federal mandate for 3-strikes legislation. Habitual criminals need to be habitually in jail. If you can't learn your lesson, don't make society pay the price for you being stupid.
:shakehead Boy do I hope you have never thrown a stone. If the justice system was in fact just, I could agree with a few of your points. It's all relative, why aren't the crooks that have stolen Billions and made pension funds disappear not going to jail for life? Why are they not being stripped of all of their ill gotten gains? Talk about paying a price. I think most of them have built castles in Florida btw. Those 'grand theft auto' criminals learn that crime pays somewhere.

Do you have a 3 strikes law like we do here in Cali? We spend $50-$60K/yr to lock folks up and about $25-$40k/yr or less for education. Prison guards make around $100k with overtime, most have a high school diploma at most. How many tax increases have you voted for more education funds or more prison funds? Just curious. Do you have misunderstood nice young men that you know who have never done anything like that before? I'm talking about the children of your friends and neighbors.

Back O/T car theft is stupid and criminals should be punished. Hope mgokool gets his insurance payment soon and that the crooks are caught and punished.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:20 AM
7th Gear

Sorry man ... best of luck on your new Tl
Old 04-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Wild Child

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The one thing I wanna know is how the hell that 18 wheeler got parked on top of it? That is messed up though. The best bet you have as far as making it harder to cart off is parking front ways in the driveway with the wheels cut all the way to one side and the parking brake on. That locks all the wheels and those guys arent gonna feel like pulling out dolleys to roll you away. It takes to long and its too noisy. In response to some other posts that I have seen, no the car cant be hotwired, dont make the mistake of leaving the valet key in the glove box. An aftermarket alarm is just gonna make more noise. Down here in Texas, noise is a common denominator. One more car alarm sounding off is just like one more dog barking at something. On star is cool but like old buddy said, the 16 dollars a month is too much to pay for the freequency that you would be using it. Another thing, I noticed that when I bought my tl they almost insisted that I get gap insurance. Im almost sure that that dudes insurance is not gonna pay for that ride completely, if he doesnt have gap insurance, that's just the sting that comes along with having your car stolen. Sorry to hear about that though. Those pictures are horrible and what they did is even worse, but you seem to be pretty cool about it though. So keep your head up and I will be praying for you.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by MR1
:shakehead Boy do I hope you have never thrown a stone. If the justice system was in fact just, I could agree with a few of your points. It's all relative, why aren't the crooks that have stolen Billions and made pension funds disappear not going to jail for life? Why are they not being stripped of all of their ill gotten gains? Talk about paying a price. I think most of them have built castles in Florida btw. Those 'grand theft auto' criminals learn that crime pays somewhere.

Do you have a 3 strikes law like we do here in Cali? We spend $50-$60K/yr to lock folks up and about $25-$40k/yr or less for education. Prison guards make around $100k with overtime, most have a high school diploma at most. How many tax increases have you voted for more education funds or more prison funds? Just curious. Do you have misunderstood nice young men that you know who have never done anything like that before? I'm talking about the children of your friends and neighbors.

Back O/T car theft is stupid and criminals should be punished. Hope mgokool gets his insurance payment soon and that the crooks are caught and punished.
If prisons weren't country clubs, it wouldn't cost this much. These aren't decent people we're talking about here...pile 'em in, lock 'em down, and if they get out of line, handle business. Prisoner's rights...what BS! There are so many ways gov't could save money, but they have to be PC and care...
Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Licking Platters Clean

Originally Posted by chill_dog
If prisons weren't country clubs, it wouldn't cost this much. These aren't decent people we're talking about here...pile 'em in, lock 'em down, and if they get out of line, handle business. Prisoner's rights...what BS! There are so many ways gov't could save money, but they have to be PC and care...

Come on guys, next we'll be debating abortion here, let's not. Justice is one of those issues you have about 0 chance of changing someone else's mind on.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
GO TIME

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Thankfully we live in the safest city in the country(literally)
where are you from Newton?

oh and sorry about the car hopefully the insurance will take care of you.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Cruisin'

That sucks. I had my last car (2000 Acura Integra Type-R) stolen from my driveway and recovered in the same condition.
In hind site I am glad my Type-R was totalled (as oppsed to fixable). There is no question with the insurance company.
It was due to my loss that I got my 05 TL.
Best of luck with all the paper work. Sucks....
Old 04-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by caball88
1 picture every 5 seconds? damn how much juice that gonna take? i don't think there is such a system. if you park your car for like a few days it would really drain the battery. the car would potentially take 17K+ pictures a day. and even if it did work the car would be long gone when you get the picture.
It wont drian the battery. How will it drian it if the car isnt even on? I dont know how it works, but it just sends a picture to you.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:59 PM
I6

Originally Posted by taxidriversingh
It wont drian the battery. How will it drian it if the car isnt even on? I dont know how it works, but it just sends a picture to you.
If you have a equipment that is constantly using power from the car battery when the engine is not on, it'll drain the battery.
It's just like when you leave the lights on or have the radio playing when the engine is not on. It'll drain the battery.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Riu
2004 TL

where do u live in ny?

Quick Reply: Stolen Tl