Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Originally Posted by flick0069
I agree with what your saying. I think by the pedal being a bit more responsive you get to WOT a few fractions of a second quicker. I mean at the end of the day that's what we get with most mods a couple of thenths of a second here and there if we are lucky. How much of a difference does thermal spacers and a pulley make? Even it won't make the car much faster i think it could make a bit more fun driving. We'll see !
this device will be stupid for daily driving, imagine trying to get the gas right when in jammed up traffic. You won't be able to modulate it easily. I think that this is for only HARDCORE track guys that want every .04 second out of their car on the quarter mile. This only will get you .4 of a second if you are the dumb guy that sits at the start line idling with no power launch... IN fact this may even hurt your track times at first, trying to get to the right power range to keep the tires from squeeling at launch.

Honestly, I don't think its worth it, the UR pulley is and that is proven to reduce lag time by reducing spun mass.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
this device will be stupid for daily driving, imagine trying to get the gas right when in jammed up traffic. You won't be able to modulate it easily. I think that this is for only HARDCORE track guys that want every .04 second out of their car on the quarter mile. This only will get you .4 of a second if you are the dumb guy that sits at the start line idling with no power launch... IN fact this may even hurt your track times at first, trying to get to the right power range to keep the tires from squeeling at launch.

Honestly, I don't think its worth it, the UR pulley is and that is proven to reduce lag time by reducing spun mass.
Well said!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok people...got it installed this afternoon. First impressions....I really like it! The car is alot more fun to drive. Can't tell you if the car would be any faster in 0 to 60 or the 1/4 mile but it feels alot more responsive especially at low speeds. It gives you the impression that would have more power.

The throttle response is much quicker and i like it better than the stock way. For those worried that it would be too hard to drive in daily traffic....well it is not an issue...it's not like you're at WOT just when you touch the pedal.

The install took about 2 minutes....you pop the hood...lift the plastic cover at the top.....take off one plug....put in the sprint booster in the plug and attached it back.

The salesperson at the dealership had it for a while in his car and he loves it also. He told me that i would feel a difference right away but that it would be even more as the ECU adjust to it in the next few days.

It's the kind of product that makes your car a little more fun to drive....sort of like the rear sway bar.

So personally, i like this mod so far....i have spent $300 way worse than purchasing this device! If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Faster tip in is an old time gimmick that auto manufactures have been using since the 50's to create the illusion of what used to be called a 'peppy' car in cars that were not really so 'peppy'.

It might be slightly beneficial to a 5AT but can't really see what it offers a 6MT
Old 09-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AndrewA
I call BS. I have no basis for this, but the engineer/lawyer in me wants to see how it works
Amen. First, it PRESUMES there's a problem with throttle response. Whose throttle response is broken? Then, the vid says the car is totally transformed with no before/after. Could it not burn rubber before?

I can't believe people on this thread are falling soooo hard for this scam. Zero details about how it works.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Amen. First, it PRESUMES there's a problem with throttle response. Whose throttle response is broken? Then, the vid says the car is totally transformed with no before/after. Could it not burn rubber before?

I can't believe people on this thread are falling soooo hard for this scam. Zero details about how it works.
all it does is measure the signal from the Acelerator Pedal position and alter it to make the car think it is being pressed harder than it really is, then there is a limiter probably to keep the car from going past WOT, which it can't and then signal an error. The APP sensor is in the hood near the strut bar if memory serves me correctly, so it seems that is what the thingy alters.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 PM
iWhine

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
That thing reminds me of the venom 400 unit from back in the day. Anyone remember this thing? Seems to me like it does the same thing as this booster.

http://www.directautomotiveproducts....00-module.html

Tried to post a pic of it but didn't work and didn't feel like going though the forum how-to so there's the link.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Check out

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by erick3
what kind of car does he have?
hope you don't mine asking...
545i... the v8 is crazy i drove it before the sprint booster was installed and after

before it was normal acceleration but after i can just tap on the gas and the car will jump like im flooring it... its pretty cool

so for all you guys that doubt DO NOT DOUBT it works and i asked ken suzuki from minimania.com to see if he wants to be a vendor and offer a group buy because these sprint boosters fit the 3g tl and tsx.... never got a reply yet bcuz i emailed him today if i get any info tomorrow i will be sure to post
Old 09-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Check out

there are two parts

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest with the Sprint Booster.

Yes, the SPR1037 is the correct Sprint Booster for the Acura TL with manual transmission. (SPR1038 if Automatic transmission.).

Best regards,
Ken
Old 09-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Check out

and if your scared that you cant drive regular with this mod its easy all you have to do is ease into the gas pedal without tapping it
Old 09-14-2008, 06:29 PM
'10 Shelby

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For the automatic trans. When cruising around 60 or so, the car is in 5th gear, correct? so when we hit the gas, doesnt that short lag make it so the transmission will drop to a lower gear and take off quicker? if we add this sprint booster, and hit the gas around 60, will it still drop to the lower gear, or just take off while still in 5th gear?
Old 09-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheWanderer316
For the automatic trans. When cruising around 60 or so, the car is in 5th gear, correct? so when we hit the gas, doesnt that short lag make it so the transmission will drop to a lower gear and take off quicker? if we add this sprint booster, and hit the gas around 60, will it still drop to the lower gear, or just take off while still in 5th gear?

Yes it sill downshift the same way as before. As i said in my previous post, i like the feel of my car better like this. It feels a bit quicker to me...even if it's not i enjoy driving my car more with this device.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i think this is a good waste of money and mpg, same crap as the venom unit mentioned above.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Advanced

Here is a little update after having driven the car for a few days with the sprint booster.

The car feels much more agressive and seems quicker at lower speeds. Alot of fun to drive. I feel a bigger difference driving the car now than after i installed the UR pulley and spacers.

For those who feel this is BS, thats cool. As far as the increase in mpg argument, that is false. Nothing is forcing you to drive the car faster. You can drive at the same way you always do then their will be no difference.

I'm verry happy I purchased this device. No, it's not cheap but i still find it better value than some other mods that are outhere.

Cheers
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Two versions available for most models, the 'Standard' or 'Plus'. The 'Standard' is recommended for the automatic transmission and the 'Plus' for the manual transmission. The 'Plus' has a slightly more aggressive mapping more suitable for the manual transmission, while the 'standard' is recommended for the automatic transmission.

Hmm...wonder what would happen if you installed the PLUS model on an automatic?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Hmm...wonder what would happen if you installed the PLUS model on an automatic?

DO IT!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by blkaspec
DO IT!!!!!
I would...but what if it doesnt work? Then I would be stuck with something that didnt work!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
I would...but what if it doesnt work? Then I would be stuck with something that didnt work!
It'll probably play havoc with how your trans downshifts.

I'm sure this device "works" but when all it does is reduce the travel to wot, who cares? I guess some electronic throttle cars have really non-linear response though and this could help them feel more like traditional cable throttles.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:54 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by geekybiker
It'll probably play havoc with how your trans downshifts.

I'm sure this device "works" but when all it does is reduce the travel to wot, who cares? I guess some electronic throttle cars have really non-linear response though and this could help them feel more like traditional cable throttles.
Thats what I would be worried about. The lag is killing my times in transition sections on the autocross courses. While I am currently sitting in first in the series in street mod class....I am having to work at it WAY hard. What improved response would mean to me is that I wouldnt necessarily have to over-drive the car in some sections in order to keep my RPM's up to overcome the lag issue. If I could save even 1/2 second off a 60 second course it would be worth it to me....cause I bet I could stretch it into a full second given some time with the unit installed.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Advanced

Some BMW gives have tried it. I believe the ECU will send out an error code. The car will work according to them but not sure if you will get the benefits.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by flick0069
Some BMW gives have tried it. I believe the ECU will send out an error code. The car will work according to them but not sure if you will get the benefits.
Good to know. Thanks. I would get the right part instead of trying the other given that info..

I have already been driving around with a CEL for a while due to my exhaust components that Richies precat deletes should take care of once I get around to installing them. Dont need another issue to deal with...lol.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I am just going to buy one and see the results on the tl, I really dont understand how this crap works, but for christ sakes it does lol
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

Perhaps these articles on our site may shed some light:

Sprint Booster - why it works.

Sprint Booster FAQ's

As a new vendor to this site, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Ken
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Welcome aboard!!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ah ha, finally someone who can shed some light

pm me price of 2 shipped to 10039
Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stillhere153
ah ha, finally someone who can shed some light

pm me price of 2 shipped to 10039
The Sprint Boosters are listed on our site for $329 each. We currently have a 'free shipping' promotion thru October 15th within CONUS.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned

Michael, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Just follow the details on the link.

Ken
Old 09-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

This about sums it up.
Originally Posted by Thier site
Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.
Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.
Sprint Booster DOES make your car ‘FEEL’ faster.
Sprint Booster is not for everybody.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
^^^IF this is true, this is not worth getting. After all, aren't we all wanting true performance gains?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

Sprint Booster is a type of product you need to experience to appreciate it's value. Here are some user comments posted in other forums:

"Gang, this thing really works and is worth the $ - even at near $400 that I paid... It will bring a smile to your face!!! Guaranteed! "

It def. makes a noticeable diff in the responsiveness of the throttle. For those of you that came from E46 m3's its comparable to pressing the sport button. Because of this it def helps with the laggy shifts at low rpms. For the feel that you get from this it IS worth the money. I am very satisfied with everything: the cost, the short time it took to get here, and the ease of installation!

So tonight I installed the Sprint Booster. All I can say is, WOW! I am the most skeptical person when it comes to mods like this, but I have to admit that this mod is worth EVERY penny!!! For one, there is zero lag when taking off. You step on the accelerator and the car just takes off. When you drop it into 2nd, it pulls off again without any hesitation. The throttle response is just insane and it shifts very smoothly! The shifts from 3rd to 4th and beyond is fantastic as well! The car just wants to go, go go! If any of you have been considering this mod, DO IT! You will not be sorry. It's too bad BMW's don't come this way to begin with. Well, that about sums it up.

I just installed mine SB on Sunday and echo everything else said by C's Bimmer. The 2-3 minutes it takes to self-install this thing is well worth it. As far as fuel consumption goes, it might be using a touch more but I think the biggest contributing factor is the temptation to let it all hang out. Now I definetly need a V1!!! Acceleration is definetly improved, not sure what that would translate to in 0-60 but you'll notice it trust me! Don't delay... Get one today!!!

I installed it in less than 5 minutes and I have to tell the skeptics that YOU ABSOLUTELY DO NOTICE IT IMMEDIATELY. Crisp immediate throttle response from idle all the way to the red line. Those of you that have the SMG can get a feel of what the SB would do by driving your car in non-sport mode and then pushing the "sport" button and noticing how much the throttle response is improved. Well the SB improves the throttle response over the "sport" mode in a similar way. It's like having another "more aggressive" sport mode that has even faster throttle response. The only difference is that sport mode also improves shift speed and SB doesn't, but as ECF said because of the immediate throttle response it "seems" like shift speed is also improved.

Hey guys, I'm back for a bit, just visiting. Sprint Booster is great!! I can confirm that along with all the great stories already on here. When I posted about it a few months back, a lot of people were skeptical about this, but now there's so many of us using it. On the E60, it was insane, I currently have it on my CLK, it really improves the car A LOT!! What I do notice tho, and if you guys care to discuss this, if you put the car on Sports mode (DS) do you guys feel like the car shifts abruptly somtimes? Like its hard to drive smooth with this thing, but its damn fun to drive likt you stole it. If any of you guys hvae both an MB and a BMW, try to get it for both, I think the MB shifts much smoother with the SB installed than the BMW, maybe its because of my driving style, but still recommend it to ANYONE!!

...so had a SB installed on friday, after buying it from a local shop here in austria. my feedback: wow. everything the guys claim here is true. you do notice it, and unlike other forum members here, my g/f tried it out and she noticed immediately - considering it for her golf now

I just installed the SB, it took less than 10 minutes. I was trying to find a way to hide the wire but decided to leave it out as is. After I went for a quick test drive, all I can say is "If you don't have one, what are you waiting for?" BTW, this is my 1st mod ever to the E60. This mod is so easy and simple, you see the improvement instantly. Highly recommended.

I want to share my experience with the Sprintbooster. First, I've got to say that this is definitely a good mod if you're a performance enthusiast. As the others have mentioned, the car feels more 'alive' and also far more sporty. The sprintbooster basically reduces the lag from the ECT by multiplying a certain amount you press on the gas pedal. So say before installing SB you have to press the pedal half way down to get your RPM jumping high to around 3-4k RPM. Now you only need to press it 1/4 down to get your RPM to the same point.

Put mine on last night before the wife and I went out to dinner. All I can say is Wow! Throttle response is awesome. I was skeptical, but now am a believer.

Having done 100 miles or so since installing it this morning, I can say the biggest improvement is from around 20/30mph. You just nudge the accelerator and get pushed back - much more than previously. I like the effect and will be keeping it. As noted above, effects will be more obvious without a remap, but I would recommend that everybody gets one. It's (relatively) cheap and if you don't have one, we all do, so we are better than you, nur. I certainly don't regret getting it.

Oh man no way, I completely agree with C's experiences since I finally had a chance to taste what the SB hype was all about. All I can say is holy xxxx xxxx!, my car is seriously out of control with the SB installed. I drove around with it on for a day and became instantly addicted like a crackhead, I then removed it the next day to see what the difference would be and I hated driving it! I don't think it's about being an extra 10% more responsive, it feels like a whole new system of throttling. Besides the instantaneous throttle response, the shifting is much much quicker, feels stronger and better. My first gear pull is constantly peeling out now, the freeway pulls feel much stronger, it's like a whole new gearing took over now. You have to try it to believe it. Bottom line, WELL worth the price.

My friend just installed this on his 2005 545 and he loved it. The throttle response is greatly improved. He is about to get a software remap so he's also going to test the Sprint Booster after the remap.

I LOVE IT! The throttle is much much more responsive. You actually have to get used to it a bit and feather the throttle or the car will surge. The responsiveness in P400 mode is closer to P500 mode now. I know there's no incremental power improvement here but it just feels like I added about 50 horses. The car is noticeably quicker off the line and lunches stronger with each gear change. Now the downside....I have to give this thing back to my friend. =(

A couple of weeks go I went to xxxx Porsche, The sales rep suggested I try the boxter S that was fitted with one of these devices. While I was skeptical, I tried it anyway. Woooow, felt like another 30-50 horses strapped on.

I had them installed on my 2.7 at the spot (took them less than 5 minutes to install!). After the install, I drove back and force around the parking lot and it was a night and day difference! After the test drive, the staff asked me if I wanted to keep it or take it off. Since they were having a special pricing, I decided to keep it. Throttle response definitely improved. The car pulls harder as RPM climbs up much quicker. Passing slower cars on the highway is much easier as well.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Excuse me while I go install my Tornado intake...
Old 09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by Sprint Booster Sales
Michael, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Just follow the details on the link.

Ken
Uh, not exactly. More like a 20-day guarantee. If you read the fine print, the 30-days start when the product is shipped and ends when it is received back at the point of origin. So, users only get about 20 days to try it out.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Uh, not exactly. More like a 20-day guarantee. If you read the fine print, the 30-days start when the product is shipped and ends when it is received back at the point of origin. So, users only get about 20 days to try it out.
Thanks for that nfnsquared, an informed customer is a good customer - we don't want any surprises, which is why I suggested Michael to check the '30-day guarantee' link.

If anyone needs 30-days to test the product, call me at 800-946-2642 ext. 27. I'll make special arrangements for you. Since the Sprint Booster's effect is immediate, most people will decide to keep the product in 10 minutes.

Ken
Old 09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
going to call during lunch!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm getting mine tomorrow, I'll post up a review after I get it in and drive around with it for awhile.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Racer

I got it about a half hour ago, got it installed in about 3 minutes. I took it out for a spin, it really is a different car. With the car before, I always felt that there was a half second when the engine wouldn't give me the power I wanted when I wanted it. Now it's there just waiting to be utilized. This is the way that the car should have come from the factory. I think the best way to describe this is like I was trying to play a video game wearing ski gloves compared to playing a game without ski gloves...
Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
'10 Shelby

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ How is the SS, is there still a delay when switching gears?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Racer

There's still the delay, I don't know if that will change as the ECU adapts. I doubt that though...
Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by maddogtheta
There's still the delay, I don't know if that will change as the ECU adapts. I doubt that though...
SS is dependent on transmission logic computers, it takes time to process if the shift can be done, then the reaction time for the car to actually shift gears too.

Also on a side note, I was talking with a mechanic today about the VSA system in the TL, and he brought up the point of the Throttle position sensor playing a role with the way VSA reacts. To the vendor and developer, have you made sure that the VSA system functions properly after the installation of sprint booster?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Intermediate

if you really want a throttle booster... let your second testicle descend... or just press the peddle on the right like you mean it! If you want the granny-shift go for it.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster